Vaporbrothers VB2

KimDracula

happens to the best of us. i understand you dont want to purchase any more items but maybe purchase some new silicon tubing which would be a cheap fix for your issues

7th floor has 20ft for $20 dollars. You can cut/divide the tubing with scissors and have multiple whips ready for when that replacement starts to taste bad

Oh, thanks, but replacing the tubing isn't the problem. I've bought a lot of it over the years. It's not a huge deal, but it's nice to not need it as much as I used to.

KimDracula,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
:huh::huh::huh:
Hi CeramFam!!

VB2 just made its rounds at the Chalice Cup and we've learned quite a bit. For one thing, Chalice is the biggest cannabis cup we know, they have the best oil, they didn't hand any BS to the vendors, and they had a down to earth atmosphere. For sure, there were decked out ballers with crews but everybody was humble and happy to be there. Nobody was too cool to look at or talk to. I had no problem walking up to companies and sitting them down for a VB2 session.

tumblr_nrghngCMCO1rzuyr2o8_r1_500.jpg

We were so fortunate to be brought on the Adam Dunn Show (.com) for their marathon pre-Chalice judging podcasts. While we expected a interview and discussion about the intricacies of dabbing, the reality of 60+ flower entries and untold dozens of oil samples sent everybody to space and left us with very little ability to speak. Did I mention the rosin?

VB2 proved to be a good judging tool because of its consistency and the ability to self clean between sessions. When the 3 way party dome was hooked up, the judges could talk about the exact same hit they all took together.

tumblr_nrghngCMCO1rzuyr2o1_1280.jpg

Now that there is a VB2.5 model (see VB2.5 candidate thread) we may at times call the VB2 of this thread "VB2.0"

VB2.0 should still delight. It's the best tasting dab vaporizer we know. The existence of a 2.5 model doesn't mean VB2.0 is lesser. In fact, VB2.0 does a few things VB2.5 can't do. They are different beasts. Here is a quick comparison:

VB2.0
  • 3 minute heatup
  • 20 min auto-off (or disabled at user request)
  • 3 temp settings, 500, 650, 900F - highest setting handles traditional/bubble and self cleans quickly.
  • Capable of being on forever. I ran my VB2.0's all day in 90 degree heat with no problem.
  • Pure white ceramic heating surfaces
  • Easier to take somewhere. Can be run on a 150W inverter for 12V power

VB2.5
  • 30 second heatup
  • 10 min auto-off
  • Variable temperature to 800F with LED color feedback
  • Not designed for continuous use, like over 30min at a time.
  • Silicon nitride heater can't be broken (you are welcome to try)
  • Draws 700W- needs considerable power to run.

Some people asked if a VB2.0 can be upgraded to a VB2.5 but it is not quite possible due to the internal components being completely different.

Everybody who takes advantage of their free VB2.0 service will be eligible for upgrades that currently include:

• Resetting temperatures to L=500F, M=650F, H=900F (if requested)
  • Firmware updates (automatic upgrade depending on your build)
  • Leveling warped bottom if necessary
  • Tighten knob, cord connection, etc.
  • New dual ceramic heater of our latest version

Cheers!

tumblr_nrghngCMCO1rzuyr2o9_r1_500.jpg
how did i miss you guys at chalice

Mynameismud,

pangeamus1c

Believe I am the first to make the full purchase for vb 2.5 and also snagged the inline bubbler with it, sent them messages about making promo video for them, majored at chico state in bus/marketing with video editing minor so would be cool to crank out a dope promo vid for the 2.5 of monster rips via inline -- also got the party dome waiting on deck. Should be a fun weekend.

Believe I am the first to make the full purchase for vb 2.5 and also snagged the inline bubbler with it, sent them messages about making promo video for them, majored at chico state in bus/marketing with video editing minor so would be cool to crank out a dope promo vid for the 2.5 of monster rips via inline -- also got the party dome waiting on deck. Should be a fun weekend.
EPIC!!!

Cannabis Connoisseur,

pangeamus1c

Hit up Blum in Oakland today and Got my Sour Grape and Blueberry Haze crumbles prepped for the 2.5.....Now it's just the UPS waiting game. Cmonnnn UPS, promised I wouldn't smoke today till 2.5 arrives haha.

pangeamus1c

The VB2.5 is really the beast I was hoping for, especially with the inline bubbler attachment. All my problems of feeling like I was losing smoke to the whip and or wasting material due to cold spots on the VB2 were fixed for me on the VB2.5. I am still playing with the Dial to figure out which temperature I am liking the best but over all the 2.5 with the inline bubbler really solved it all. Just look at the beautiful purple glow in the avatar.I May be making little promo video for the vb 2.5 in the future but all I can say is I am loving it.

KimDracula

The VB2.5 is really the beast I was hoping for, especially with the inline bubbler attachment. All my problems of feeling like I was losing smoke to the whip and or wasting material due to cold spots on the VB2 were fixed for me on the VB2.5. I am still playing with the Dial to figure out which temperature I am liking the best but over all the 2.5 with the inline bubbler really solved it all. Just look at the beautiful purple glow in the avatar.I May be making little promo video for the vb 2.5 in the future but all I can say is I am loving it.

I'd love to see more video of either unit being used by others, especially the elite purple beast. Here's hoping you make one.

I can't wait to add that inline bubbler to my VB2 so I can ditch the last bit of tubing as well.

I'm thinking I tend to take smaller dabs so these cold spots aren't as much of an issue for me. Did you feel the VB2 just restricted your dab sizing or was this always a problem regardless of the size? Did you discover that this is an inherent drawback of the device or a defect of some units? Sorry if these things have been covered before in this thread and I've just forgotten. I did read through it a while back now.

On a random note I notice that I can contemplate the VB2.5 without feeling like I didn't get the big boy version (even though I knew I didn't want to exchange units). It took a minute, lol. Now I'm just glad the ones that the VB2 didn't work out for seem happier. I think I may have that VAS that gets mentioned. These VB2 units give it to me like nothing else. It really had no right to be my second vape purchase given my habits and budget, but I don't regret it.

Mine has been running great since returning btw. Probably almost time for some new ceramic discs, though.

KimDracula,

pangeamus1c

Welllll just my luck hahha , had the inline bubbler sitting in its holder on my desk and wen to to turn around not paying attention and knocked over the inline bubbler which then fell off onto ground and broke mouth piece off :/ == good news is it still works just no mouth piece on the inline bubbler....But to answer your question Kim about the dabsizing I honestly am still testing too much to tell yet.

pangeamus1c,

KimDracula

My VB2 is gonna have to go back and visit it's makers again next week, looks like. I might have preferred it's second life to expire first thing on a Monday, but I guess even spoiled vapers don't get every thing we want.

KimDracula,

thegoo

My VB2 is gonna have to go back and visit it's makers again next week, looks like. I might have preferred it's second life to expire first thing on a Monday, but I guess even spoiled vapers don't get every thing we want.

Sorry to hear about your trouble......any idea what might be wrong? The 2 known issues I am aware of concern the heater and the brain.

thegoo,

KimDracula

Seems like it's a heater issue. It didn't get the disc hot enough to properly vaporize and couldn't self-clean.

I've got the unit cleaned and ready for travel and have emailed Vaporbrothers. They'll get it taken care of swiftly, I'm sure.

KimDracula,
Seems like it's a heater issue. It didn't get the disc hot enough to properly vaporize and couldn't self-clean.

I've got the unit cleaned and ready for travel and have emailed Vaporbrothers. They'll get it taken care of swiftly, I'm sure.
Im literally on the verge about to buy one of these but seriously it seems there isn't one of theses units on the market that hasn't had issues. That has kept me quite hesitant about purchasing this unit. This is quite a bit of money for a problem child. Is this unit so marvelous that sending it in every 3mos. isn't a big deal ᤾?

Cannabis Connoisseur,

KimDracula

I knew that it seemed a lot of these were having issues when I bought it and decided to go for it anyway. I do happen to live in CA where Vaporbrothers is located, however, so shipping time is reduced to nearly nil. If you're not prepared to have it serviced, then you probably shouldn't get one, I guess. It is wonderful when it functions properly. I had just been dabbing some wonderful Moxie live resin. Beautiful terpy hits that are so smooth I take them dry until the dabs get big.

KimDracula,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I have been fortunate to be able to test drive a VB2 this weekend. I tried it briefly the other day using it dry with a short whip. I didn't get the flavor was expecting. It tasted kinda hot. What am I doing wrong. Help me VB2 lovers out there. I really want to love this thing.

DieHard,

mixchu69

I have been fortunate to be able to test drive a VB2 this weekend. I tried it briefly the other day using it dry with a short whip. I didn't get the flavor was expecting. It tasted kinda hot. What am I doing wrong. Help me VB2 lovers out there. I really want to love this thing.
How were the effects? Taste prob was not as good as ur errlec. at low temps but did it pack a bigger punch?

mixchu69,

KimDracula

I'm surprised you didn't get the flavor you expected. That's what I find best about the thing, especially when hit without water.

I do find that with some concentrates there seems to be a little burnt residue left behind the initial rip that will begin to burn. If you hit this it kinda ruins the good flavor. If the heat isn't high enough or the concentrate isn't as pure this may happen. Are you using it on the High setting, @DieHard? I haven't used the Errlectric, but it should at least be comparable.

KimDracula,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I'm surprised you didn't get the flavor you expected. That's what I find best about the thing, especially when hit without water.

I do find that with some concentrates there seems to be a little burnt residue left behind the initial rip that will begin to burn. If you hit this it kinda ruins the good flavor. If the heat isn't high enough or the concentrate isn't as pure this may happen. Are you using it on the High setting, @DieHard? I haven't used the Errlectric, but it should at least be comparable.
I have tried all 3 settings. I have 4 different oils right now. On low it tastes a bit better, comparable, in fact. But I am not getting the full vapor in one hit. There is leftover vapor after I hit it. I'm still working on it. @Melting Pot is coming to help with the testing.

DieHard,

KimDracula

Don't use low at all. That's only there for aromatherapy. The consensus so far has been that H works better than M, even. Paradoxically, it feels a lot less hot to me on the H setting. Last night, for instance, when a heater failed or something, I got a decent hit the first time although it was kinda like you have described: kinda burny and definitely didn't get all the vapor. I really think this thing needs to run hot to work properly.

KimDracula,
Reactions: DieHard

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
Im literally on the verge about to buy one of these but seriously it seems there isn't one of theses units on the market that hasn't had issues. That has kept me quite hesitant about purchasing this unit. This is quite a bit of money for a problem child. Is this unit so marvelous that sending it in every 3mos. isn't a big deal ᤾?

Hi, yes quite quite true. For VB2.0 (aka "VB2" until we started the 2.5) we're uncomfortably close to the edge of what our porcelain-like ceramic can handle. Any failure rates over 10% stress us out and we're constantly trying to better the numbers. I believe the failure rate on VB2.0 is less than 20% overall, probably because the general public is gentler than FC pros. (Not to say FC'ers haven't been as cautious as possible) Yes, being hesitant is good; it's expensive right now for sure. But as far as I've heard from users, being able to use this new vaporizing method is worth the chance of repair- some say totally worth it, others say it's about even.

Once you get hooked on it you're fucked, so good luck in deciding ;) After getting used to the Cheesebox aka Honey Pot aka Pot Crock, the old methods start to seem really cumbersome. Think of it like a subscription...? We try to make the process easier on you by taking care of the shipping pick up. Your costs should be zero for two years, then you can renew the extra protection plan and keep going.

Attn @DieHard , @KimDracula and others, the LMH settings are now 500, 650~700, and 900. L used to be for aromatherapy only, but we raised it to 500. Repairs get automatically switched to the new temperatures. If you're loving the low temperatures that is nice, although the hit will take a long time to boil away. I get extended wispiness on low. I think with a properly carb-capped e-nail low temps work, but with VB2 I'm still way into the super quick (and complete) hits on H. As @rasmundi explained to me, low temp dabbing boils off the terpenes immediately but leaves a lot of the medicine behind to vape away slower. :D

stickstones

Vapor concierge
My guess is @DieHard is hitting it all the way through and getting the taste of the things left behind, as I always stop after the initial hit dies down and leave the wisps to burn off. However, could this be a problem @vaporbrothers ...the last time I demo'd it we got so hammered that the I put a dab straight on the heater, forgetting to put the dish in there. I let it burn off and have used it several times since, but could I have damaged anything? It's been working fine, and I haven't noticed a difference.

Wish I were there to play it out with you, @DieHard !

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I have more flavors than I can try today. I am finding that on H, the hit is too hot for my taste. Any oil tastes nearly the same. I will concede, however, that I do get complete vaporization of the hit super fast, so in that respect it works perfectly. On M, I can begin to taste the differences in the oils, but still somewhat hot tasting. Again full vaporization right away. I tried turning it to L and hitting it right away, not allowing any time to cool down. This was the best tasting hit I have had, that had full vaporization. So, I'm thinking my sweet spot is somewhere between H and L on the unit I'm using. Which leads me to my next question: Why not a more variable adjustment? @vaporbrothers

Top Bottom