Vaporbrothers Vaporizer

Choism

max said:
I was just concerned about the toxins etc...
Who knows? :shrug: But some Chinese companies have shown that they're quite happy to poison us for an extra buck, so my attitude is better safe than sorry.
I agree, I told my boy to trash it and get a genie as a starter.

Choism,
Reactions: seedy53

spaceman462

Does anyone have pictures of the Vapor Bros and Vapor Warez internals? I'd like to compare the two.

spaceman462,

max

Out to lunch
spaceman462 said:
Does anyone have pictures of the Vapor Bros and Vapor Warez internals? I'd like to compare the two.
Good luck with that. And even if you had pics, I seriously doubt you'd see any dramatic differences that would steer you to one over the other.

IMO there are quite a few very nice, brand name box vapes available, and the best overall place to go shopping for one is Vaporstore. They have the Vaporcannon now under their roof, as well as their Vapor Box and Vapor Tower, both with lifetime heater warranties. With the Vapor Bros you only get a 2 yr. warranty. After that you pay for repair. Also, at Vaporstore you can always get 10% off with 'vapormovement' as a coupon.

But in this price range I'd have to go with 7th Floor's DBV. No lightweight wood box with crappy downward heater cover angle-you get a heavy aluminum housing, quality guts and glass, and hands free gg connection. With DieselVapors 12% off coupon (FC12off) for FC members, and free shipping, it's about $140. Personally, I'd much rather have the solid, nice looking DBV than any box vape, including the $200 Vapor Tower. At the excellent price you get for being an FC member, IMO it's by far the best buy in a full size whip vape. :2c:

Jikaboom123

I disagree. I've tried both the DBV and used to own the Warez and I hardly even noticed a difference, besides that I liked the Warez's tubing a lot better. It comes down to personal preference, but they're both essentially the same thing. Personally, I don't care for standard whip vapes anymore.

Also, you used to be able get the Warez on ebay for $139 with a free 4 piece grinder and digital scale. Not sure if that offer is still around, though.

Jikaboom123,

max

Out to lunch
You disagree with what? I didn't say the DBV performed better. I said I liked the solid weight of it and the heater angle. I used 'personally' and 'IMO' a couple of times, so it's clear that's it's just my preference.

You can still get a Vaporcannon on eBay for $140 with extras. It's ironic that Gotvape now has to buy this model from Vaporstore, its biggest rival. But as far as extras, I'd much rather have the nice storage/carry bag that comes with the DBV instead of the cheap scale and grinder you get with the Vaporcannon.

BlueMoon

So when you put the glass containing a substance onto the heating part, does the substance fall into the bottom of the container? I went to the website and I see the blue light and a piece of metal with holes. How much falls down in there or how do you clean it all out?

BlueMoon,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I picked up a hardly used VB on Craigslist for $80 the other day, intending to give it to my nephew.
Haven't tried it but the tube is not of the best quality; I would like to replace it with something decent from US Plastics, etc.
Can someone knowledgeable tell me what the dimensions are of the tube?
thanks....

jeffp,

max

Out to lunch
Standard whip tubing is 1/4" ID, 3/8" OD, 1/16" wall thickness. One size larger (what 7th Floor uses) will also work with box vapes like the VB- 3/8" ID, 1/2" OD.

BlueMoon said:
So when you put the glass containing a substance onto the heating part, does the substance fall into the bottom of the container? I went to the website and I see the blue light and a piece of metal with holes. How much falls down in there or how do you clean it all out?
Check out vaporizers 101 on youtube for some helpful info. There are vids on many vape models there. A picture is worth a 1000 words and moving pictures are even better.

max,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Right, thanks Max- the tube that came with the unit looked thinner but standard fits.
Turns out my nephew can't use the vaporizer - his roommate is on probation so they've decided to suffer together.
So I have this extra vape.
I guess it doesn't hurt to have an extra one, for what reason I don't know....
Eighty bucks, not bad, right?
I'll try it tonight and see if there's any noticeable different between that and the VW - probably very little if at all..

jeffp,

max

Out to lunch
I guess it doesn't hurt to have an extra one
I wish one extra was all I had. I need to get off my lazy butt and put some dust collectors up for sale. :rolleyes:

I'll try it tonight and see if there's any noticeable different between that and the VW - probably very little if at all..
Yeah, I'd be interested to see if you can tell any dif. I know a couple of people who have owned both and neither could tell a noticeable difference.

max,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
OK I tried it last night - not extensively because I fell asleep with the whip in hand but here's what i think as a first impression:
I think it's great. I think i have the most current model because it emits a blue light off the heater and the backside.
(which i think indicates that it's the current hands free model - not sure.)

Vaporizer to vaporizer, they're pretty much the same - the VB and the VW.
I don't mind that there's no on/off toggle switch on the VB like there is on the VW - that's of no consequence.
I wish the VB's dial had a crest on it so you can gauge how far back you're turning it, or some kind of indicator,
but i can easily draw a line on the dial with a sharpie, so that's not a big deal.

It's possible that the shape and dimensions of the wand keep material from falling out without having to turn the unit on its side, or to raise the unit up from the back with a book.
However I am not sure how durable the glass is - we'll see.
Aesthetically I think the VB is nicer than the VW, but I like the spartan and mininalistic quality of the warez just as much.

The heater on the VB doesn't wobble at all, it's set perfectly, on the VW (3G) the heater does "wobble" but that doesn't mean anything.

So, basically i like 'em both pretty much identically. Given a choice I would buy whichever unit is less expensive.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Well I used it again last night and I have to say I'm glad my nephew didn't take it off my hands. It's a really really good vaporizer.
Very difficult to compare it to the VW side by side - they are so similar, and I'm not sure if it's the material I'm using but I got an unusual amount of good hits with very little bud.

By the way, I know this isn't important news, but for stirring I prefer a stretched out paper clip instead of a pokey tool, whether it be metal or bamboo.

Also, I guess-timate around 1pm with the VB, with the VW around 2pm.

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
jeffp said:
By the way, I know this isn't important news, but for stirring I prefer a stretched out paper clip instead of a pokey tool, whether it be metal or bamboo.

*looks down at stretched out paper clip poking stuff* You're just like me

And are you Taurus and can't stand cabbage?

No?

Well then your not like me at all then are you ^^

Happycamper,
Reactions: jeffp

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Not Taurus - was born under the sign "Hospital Zone" and my moon is on the Lower East Side.
David-Peel--Lower-East-S-Have-A-Marijuana-390740.jpg

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Here in the Venice Beach area EVERY head shop carries the Vapor Bros and you can get it for as low as $119. Supposedly they are health-conscious and use no leaded solder or anything. I'm surprised there isn't more here about them because all I've heard from users are good things. I may yet buy one...

kerr

Revive a dead thread and throw in my :2c:.

I just received my vaporbrothers a few days ago, and I pretty much love it. I have used volcanoes and SSV and a few others that my mind is too hazy to recall at the moment (I have used a few models is the point). I bought the hands-free coffee colored version, which I find to be handsome (and it complements everything I own)..which usually isn't important in a smoking device, but I plan to leave the box on my desk in my office. The "glass on glass" action of the handsfree is secure, and very much like a water pipe. I find the temp dial to be accurate and consistent (haven't actually used a thermometer, just herb watching). The lighting effects are neat, but in all honesty a bit gaudy and unnecessary (makes it feel a bit like fast and the furious). In all, Id say that this is a very well built and designed device that I would recommend to my friends and family. Though not as able as the volcano, it is much better for the single inhaler and much much cheaper (150$).

Pros:
-Accurate temp (from my experience)
-Thick vapor, and comparably stingy with the herbs
-Hands free is handy
-Cheaper
-Attractive design and color (coffee)
-2 year 100% free warranty once registered. From then on a $35 flat fee to have the vape replaced or fixed (for five years)..their site says the handsfree has a lifetime warranty, but I cant find any real info about it.
-Vapenow.com gave me free 2 day shipping and shipped the next day!

Cons:
-Angle of heating unit (prop its rear end up) makes vapeables fall out of optimal position in whip. Blow a few deep breaths through hot end of whip to make drier substances stick a bit to the screen.
-The standard whip that comes with it is very thin, and is obviously breakable (replacements are not cheap)
-Since it is handsfree and cannot be moved around the heating unit you must stir the substance to get even vapeing.
-Hard to change screens in whip (buy E-Z change whip if this is a deal killer)
-Lighting
-Price is a pro and a con
-Though I respect that vaporbrothers has spent a lot of time on R&D, and produces a top notch product, I cant believe that they get away with what they charge. And I say this about all the vape companies today. These things couldn't cost more than 30-$50 to make...and they are charging $150. The volcano people are high on crack as far as I can tell ($500..really? for a fan and a heating unit with a conical piece of aluminum).

Like I said, Id suggest getting one if you are in the market for a stationary private unit that you can depend on. Happy vapeing

max

Out to lunch
The thread wasn't dead, just sleeping. ;)

kerr said:
Though I respect that vaporbrothers has spent a lot of time on R&D, and produces a top notch product, I cant believe that they get away with what they charge. And I say this about all the vape companies today. These things couldn't cost more than 30-$50 to make...and they are charging $150. The volcano people are high on crack as far as I can tell ($500..really? for a fan and a heating unit with a conical piece of aluminum).
Glad you like your new vape, and while it can certainly be argued that many vapes are overpriced, selling prices for most products are usually more about what the market will bear, vs. just a fair markup.

"all the vape companies today" - all vapes aren't in the same ballpark as far as cost of materials and/or build time, vs. selling price. IMO it's always a good idea to avoid sweeping generalizations.

lwien

kerr said:
These things couldn't cost more than 30-$50 to make...and they are charging $150.
50% mark-up from landed cost (from mfg to distributor), and then a 50% mark up again from distributor to customer is pretty standard in the manufacturing/retail world, depending upon product, of course.

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
kerr said:
-Angle of heating unit (prop its rear end up) makes herbs fall out of optimal position in whip. Blow a few deep breaths through hot end of whip to make drier substances stick a bit to the screen.
Far easier to suck through the mouthpiece than blowing through the hot end of the whip. :2c: just sucking through the mouthpiece will do the same thing as blowing through the hot end.

DevoTheStrange,

kerr

True, people do have to make money, I just hate spending it, and love bitching about it. I suggested blowing through the hot end to add some moisture to the screen (I live in dry heat), simply sucking the cold end wont add condensation to the screen. Sucking on the cold side to bring your vapeables into the whip seems obvious I hope.

And I am back to being :ko:

kerr,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
If you place the whip in the vaporizer and suck, the process of vaping will actually cause everything to stick in. THC is amazingly sticky stuff. I live in an extremely dry climate as well. One or two quick strong inhales will make everything stay in just as well, if not better, than blowing into the whip

and you are right, the angle of the vaporizer is a crappy angle.

DevoTheStrange,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
lwien said:
kerr said:
These things couldn't cost more than 30-$50 to make...and they are charging $150.
50% mark-up from landed cost (from mfg to distributor), and then a 50% mark up again from distributor to customer is pretty standard in the manufacturing/retail world, depending upon product, of course.
This thread wasn't dead, it just smelled funny....

You can buy identically looking box vapes on Ebay for $35 but I think you'll find there is a world of difference between our beloved VB units and that stuff even though on the surface it's a wood box, a heating element, a dial, whip and wand. How much does it cost to build a VB with parts on a wholesale level and labor? We have no idea but I feel that $160 is fair for what it is, the customer service is excellent and the company stands by their product.
Also consider that MJ vaporizers aren't exactly selling like hotcakes - they're popular within a small niche of the MJ consuming market but most of these people probably aren't as obsessed with the world of vaping as we are - they probably buy one vaporizer and leave it at that. Plus specific vaporizers aren't a repeat purchase except for maniacs like us...

I still would like to know why the box design has never been modified so the back end doesn't have to be tilted up.
The downside to tilting it up is that you lose the footing and it's easy for the unit to slide forward and possibly fall off the coffee table.

max

Out to lunch
I still would like to know why the box design has never been modified so the back end doesn't have to be tilted up
The only explanation I've heard was from Vaporwarez, which was - with a more horizontal angle, the whip tends to shove the lightweight box around. I've used a Pure model that had a horizontal angle though, and didn't find it to be a problem. The solution for the weight problem is to add weight to the box of course, but apparently the box manufacturers have been unwilling to add anything to the cost of the box, or to the shipping cost.

The downside to tilting it up is that you lose the footing and it's easy for the unit to slide forward and possibly fall off the coffee table.
You could always relocate the feet to the side of the box and make that the bottom. :lol: This less than ideal ergonomic situation (whether you use it as designed or turn it this or that way) is why I've never been interested in a box vape with the tranditional heater angle.

max,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Max you got it right with the SSV/PD combo - that pretty much resolves the vaporizer shopping list.
I have a bit of a mishigas for vaporizers and I bought a few others as I saw them cheap used on craigslist half out of curiosity and half out of a desire to be able to post about these units on FC. Also I like entertaining guests and I like having an assortment of these appliances around. It's fun.

I do like the VB and I wonder if the DB - since they cost about the same - may be a better choice (I've never seen a DB) only due to the heater angle. On the other hand the VB is hands free, which is nice, although I have a hands free adapter for the SSV and never felt the need to use it - it's fine without it.

jeffp,
Top Bottom