• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaporbrothers Vaporizer

Venomous

i think the vb would be a nice vape for you to switch it up to now and then.. can't imagine it replacing the cloud though.. i'd say the whip probably doesn't hold much more than an ELB.. i'm sure you will like this vape though.. it's simple and straight forward.. this seems like a good chillin out watching tv, vape.. this is the best box/whip vape i have used so far.. very quality, i can't say anything bad about it.. it's making me happy, and it definitely gets the job done.. besides a new vape is just fun haha.. i'm proud to have a vape from a company w/ a reputation like VB.. only thing is that upward angle heater.. iv'e never understood that

Lol yeah, you have spoke about that angle before. I guess I'll search for a möbius or Dzg glass piece to hook the VB through. I'm a bit of a puss dry hitting.

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
.. only thing is that upward angle heater.. iv'e never understood that..

Necessary for cooling the box and keeping the price under $200. ;) Otherwise we'd have to switch to metal or something that handles higher temperature. And then the metal would be extremely hot so we'd have to have some rubber or something we don't like to protect users from touching the hot metal.

Most people tell us they tamp down their herbs and/or start inhaling before connecting the Whip.

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Necessary for cooling the box and keeping the price under $200. ;) Otherwise we'd have to switch to metal or something that handles higher temperature. And then the metal would be extremely hot so we'd have to have some rubber or something we don't like to protect users from touching the hot metal.

Most people tell us they tamp down their herbs and/or start inhaling before connecting the Whip.
thanks.. i was trying to avoid taking the whip off while hitting it because it seemed like swirling herb would fall in the box.. but i tip it up while i take it off, and i haven't had problems.. and i rip it from before-after.. at first it was awkward if the heating element wasn't level, but now i'm used to it angled.. the hands free stays put better like that anyway, and i'd rather use those rubber feet instead of the side of the box. i just learned about the easy change whip kit.. that's cool

SD_haze

What about people putting the VB on its side or upside down so they don't have to deal with the upward angled heater? Seems like there could be issues with that, no?

You can tamp your herbs at the start but once you've progressed through the load and have stirred the contents, they tend to fall down and aren't sticky anymore.
Also doesn't work too well when you want to do concentrates/hash :2c:

SD_haze,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
i am really liking the VB... one thing i really like is it has a nice and smooth temp range.. turning it up a little only turns it up a little.. easy to use.. i like how it doesn't roast the bowl when you aren't using it.. it can hold a good amount.. this thing extracts very efficiently.. it surprises me how many hits it gives for what i put in.. it just works perfectly.. this vape is a great addition for me..
What about people putting the VB on its side or upside down so they don't have to deal with the upward angled heater? Seems like there could be issues with that, no?

You can tamp your herbs at the start but once you've progressed through the load and have stirred the contents, they tend to fall down and aren't sticky anymore.
hey SD, check out what i did this morning.. it would work good for hash.. and it would only be upside down while i'm ripping through it..

i think a GonG vapor bowl attachment would be really cool.. just like the whip is already but after the screen a glass male piece.. as long as it was understood not to leave it sitting on the bowl like that when not in use.

in this pic its standing on its own..
2ihsfuo.jpg

2hyj78w.jpg

i'll probably never(maybe just for hash) use it like this.. i was just having fun seeing what worked.. i have come to like using it at an angle and never spill it so far.. but ya, at an angle, hash could be an issue like you said.

ludwig

My buddy has a VB... He uses concentrates in it pretty often. Never seen him have any trouble with it.

ludwig,

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer

About working on its side or upside down:

It stays cool and lives a long time when used upright. But we designed all the parts to not overheat if the vap is knocked over or fallen upside down. As long as the bottom vents are not blocked, a cooling current of air has a way to run through the box and escape.

If you use it upside down, the rising heat affects the electronics and the internal wood parts, especially the thinner piece of wood right below the heater (above if it's upside down). The risk if the vaporizer dying before it's time goes up slightly. In most cases, the people who want to use the vaporizer in unusual situations (such as built into a rack mount or set into a table) don't mind the added risk. We still will fix it. We won't consider your extreme uses as "abuse." Unless.... the wood actually chars and comes apart- in that case we have a restriction on being able to fix it. (insurance). We send you a new one under the "new unit discount" part of our warranty. You have to send your old one in and pay about half price for a brand new unit.

Btw, if you do block the bottom vents, such as settling your vaporizer onto a fluffy couch, you'll have instant melted couch. Words from experience.

sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
tumblr_mkc4j5lGB11rzuyr2o1_250.jpg

On the subject of upgrade, we're toying with the thought of giving people custom LED colors when they ask. Might be around $50 extra & 4 weeks to get a vap converted. Would people want this?

tumblr_mkc3jvWJjn1rzuyr2o2_400.jpg

I was super excited that the light on my vape was blue because it's my favorite color. That being said, if the color was say, green by default, I don't think I'd pay an extra $50 to have it custom made into blue. $20 maybe, but not $50. :2c:

sydnee,

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
I was super excited that the light on my vape was blue because it's my favorite color. That being said, if the color was say, green by default, I don't think I'd pay an extra $50 to have it custom made into blue. $20 maybe, but not $50. :2c:

Thanks for the feedback! and glad you like the blue. Yes I'm not sure if I would spring for $50 either, unless maybe I was asking for a really unique color, like aqua or pink or UV etc- which we can do. But that would be a minimum we'd need to do the job, since $20 won't even cover two drinks at a bar, let alone ordering custom LEDs, opening up the vaporizer, discarding and replacing the sticker & feet, etc. etc., silver soldering, resetting the controller, fixing any problems that come up, final burn-in test. repacking, shipping with insurance... My :2c: :2c:

vaporbrothers,

sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
Thanks for the feedback! and glad you like the blue. Yes I'm not sure if I would spring for $50 either, unless maybe I was asking for a really unique color, like aqua or pink or UV etc- which we can do. But that would be a minimum we'd need to do the job, since $20 won't even cover two drinks at a bar, let alone ordering custom LEDs, opening up the vaporizer, discarding and replacing the sticker & feet, etc. etc., silver soldering, resetting the controller, fixing any problems that come up, final burn-in test. repacking, shipping with insurance... My :2c: :2c:

Yeah, I totally understand. I wasn't insinuating that you were "reaming" people with the $50 price. I hope that I didn't offend you by saying what I did. You know I love VBs. xoxoxo

only thing i would have for a suggestion is and i believe i may have emailed you on this is the possibility of a switch to turn the led off...as a patient i tend to take mine places with me like the drive-in theatre and at night the VB will light up a car with a great blue color.... not so good on the not drawing unwanted attention...I love the vape and absolute reliability it gives.

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
Yeah, I totally understand. I wasn't insinuating that you were "reaming" people with the $50 price. I hope that I didn't offend you by saying what I did. You know I love VBs. xoxoxo

Oh yes we know thank you!! :)

More like just kinda an psychological thing I've been thinking about- how people resign themselves to buy consumables but still try to save money on physical gadgets. It happens with me as well, so I know the feeling personally for sure. Easy to drop $30 on a dinner for two, yet scrutinize the whole town for scissors that are $2 each because I don't like paying $8.

vaporbrothers,

placetime

Maybe you could offer a model that has a multi-color LED that the user could change with a dial or switch in the back? Or maybe even have an option to have it rotate through colors? :2c:

TRVP LXRD

young kush god
Hi guys,
I was choosing between the vb and the ssv and need help choosing which to get. I know that the handsfree attachments on the ssv are generally not worth it bc you need to be rotating and adjusting the wand to get the best hits. Is this the same case for the vb? Handsfree is a plus for me so if it can evenly burn without having to rotate that would be awesome. If not, how effective is it to just leave the wand attached for a couple hits without adjusting the bowl? Thanks.

TRVP LXRD,

VapeSpace

Hi guys,
I was choosing between the vb and the ssv and need help choosing which to get. I know that the handsfree attachments on the ssv are generally not worth it bc you need to be rotating and adjusting the wand to get the best hits. Is this the same case for the vb? Handsfree is a plus for me so if it can evenly burn without having to rotate that would be awesome. If not, how effective is it to just leave the wand attached for a couple hits without adjusting the bowl? Thanks.

You can definitely leave the HF whip attached for a couple hits without any problem. I stir the bowl after 2 or 3 hits when I'm using a hands free whip. The nice thing about the VB Hands Free vaporizer is that you can use a Standard Whip as well. Even though my VB is hands free, I mainly use the standard whip these days. I believe with the SSV the Hands Free whip is a male and their Standard whip is a female requiring an adapter to go from standard to hands free.

I've had my VB for years now and I'm very pleased with it. Even SSV give VB props on their website.
"We must state that if it were not for the Vapor Brothers, the SSV® or any other vaporizer would not be here. Thanks Vapor Brothers!"

http://silversurfervap.com/silver-surfer-vaporizer-information/compare.html

TRVP LXRD

young kush god
You can definitely leave the HF whip attached for a couple hits without any problem. I stir the bowl after 2 or 3 hits when I'm using a hands free whip. The nice thing about the VB Hands Free vaporizer is that you can use a Standard Whip as well. Even though my VB is hands free, I mainly use the standard whip these days. I believe with the SSV the Hands Free whip is a male and their Standard whip is a female requiring an adapter to go from standard to hands free.

I've had my VB for years now and I'm very pleased with it. Even SSV give VB props on their website.
"We must state that if it were not for the Vapor Brothers, the SSV® or any other vaporizer would not be here. Thanks Vapor Brothers!"

http://silversurfervap.com/silver-surfer-vaporizer-information/compare.html

So is hands free the preferred way to go for the vb too?

TRVP LXRD,

VapeSpace

So is hands free the preferred way to go for the vb too?

Probably amongst people that don't want to hold the whip to the element. Or as in Sydnee's case when using a hydrator or bubbler, the hands free would definitely be preferred. I found over time I like the control the standard whips provide compared with the hands free. And being that I vape solo most of the time, I use the mini whip.

Like I said earlier, the nice thing about the Vaporbrothers hands free vape is you can use either style whip without an attachment. The VB standard vape does not have the ground glass tip on the element so you can only use a standard whip with that model.

VapeSpace,
Reactions: Hoops

TRVP LXRD

young kush god
Probably amongst people that don't want to hold the whip to the element. Or as in Sydnee's case when using a hydrator or bubbler, the hands free would definitely be preferred. I found over time I like the control the standard whips provide compared with the hands free. And being that I vape solo most of the time, I use the mini whip.

Like I said earlier, the nice thing about the Vaporbrothers hands free vape is you can use either style whip without an attachment. The VB standard vape does not have the ground glass tip on the element so you can only use a standard whip with that model.

oops, i meant to say hand held... I get what you are saying though. Hand held = more control/better hits, hands free = less control/ok hits? lol

TRVP LXRD,

42wenty

Vapor Brothers all the way. They're called 'the Original' for a reason.

- Cheaper than other box-whip style vapes. Even newer hands free ceramic whip models are still less than SSV base.
- "Lifetime repair service". I don't really consider it a full warranty since they charge $15-$35 after the first few years. Still fast and reliable repairs and cust. service.
- Natural wood > painted silver body. IMO. Also seen some sick hand painted VB units done by friends and local artists.
- Hand assembled in USA. Repairs and cust. service done locally as well.

Going all natural since ~2006.
DSC_3908_zpsafa33589.jpg

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
......i think a GonG vapor bowl attachment would be really cool.. just like the whip is already but after the screen a glass male piece.. as long as it was understood not to leave it sitting on the bowl like that when not in use.

in this pic its standing on its own..
2ihsfuo.jpg

i'll probably never(maybe just for hash) use it like this......

i still think a GonG bowl would be a good thing... i use the VB this way all the time. and i like it.. but the seal could be a lot better..

Top Bottom