• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaporbrothers 2.5

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
HI FC, Submitting this one humbly,

VB2.5 is a continuation of VB2 yet it's a very different beast.

What it can do:

Heats up in 30 seconds (Room temp to 850F)
Any temperature possible - Temp control is continuously variable
Color feedback for at temp
Robust heater, 1/4 inch thick silicone nitride

tumblr_nr06kf7uEM1rzuyr2o1_400.png

Currently at $1199. Built in micro batches. (Inquire)

Will have a bezel on the front as soon as it's done. If not we will send you a separate temperature gage to help you know the positions.

How it's different:
  • Auto-off is 10 minutes. The internals do not handle the heater being on forever like VB2. But it starts up in 30 sec so almost doesn't matter anymore.
  • Pulls 650W+ at startup (VB2 is 150Wmax) note: both VB2 and VB2.5 are 40W continuous
  • Dished out heater surface holds a puddle.
  • Top temperature is only 850F, not as hot as VB2 (950-1000F), although the silicon nitride conducts heat quicker. Self cleans solid residue in 1-2 cycles.
  • Ceramic heater surface has been said to create a finer aerosol with less spattering
  • It's like we shrunk an enail controller into the housing, except with no display (that would melt)

Silicon nitride (Si3N4) is meant to handle being red hot seconds after cold. It is such a hard substance it took us 2 days of working with a diamond saw to cut a corner off.

...my size of hits

To test our first VB2.5units, we chose the 2 most demanding VB2 owners we could find, settling on @GR and @t-dub . Both had sent their VB2s back for repair multiple times. I love the feedback they sent me! It was like new words were being invented. They are welcome to put their experiences here.

GR

This is more then a concept on paper, I have had the new heater for the last couple of months and Vapor Brothers then put a unit together so I could give it as a gift to a close friend.

I loved the VB2 but I was one of the two of us who constantly killed the heater in 4 days or less. I have a strict 3 strikes and your out policy I follow strictly, well the lovely team at Vapor Brothers where such a pleasure to deal with and where truly conserned with getting my unit to work flawlessly I gladly broke my own rule. Glad I did, I now have the VB2.5 heater in my unit and it has worked flawlessly under heavy loads for the last couple of months.

The Vb2 was a torch killer, the VB2.5 is a torch killer with finesse. Fine tuning in the flavor of a particular oil is a breeze with the variable heat setting. The VB2 I left on to get the best performance out of it, the 2.5 heater does not need to be preheated, just turn her on and 30 sec later the 1/4" silicon nitride heater is at temp and even quicker if you have used the unit recently. The 2.5 is a walk up, turn on, and dab kind of unit, my oil portables take longer to load to hit then the 2.5.

Is it expensive? Well yes it is. Will you be disappointed? No, no you won't. If you LOVE oil, I mean love it, then this is the only device that will treat your love so well.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I also want to thank @vaporbrothers for being such nice people, caring so much, and providing the most outstanding service I have experienced in the entire vapor industry.

The new purple killer is rock solid and absolutely rips my face off . . . period . . . :ko: Heat up time is so quick that it doesn't even matter. Dabbing directly off the new heater, eliminating the ceramic disc insert, is awesome. The silicon nitride tastes really sweet and rips me harder than before with better performance. Definitely a finer aerosol. I had to lower the size of my dabs. If you have anything to do be warned that after using this device it may not get done.

Long live the purple killer . . . :cool:

purplevb2.jpg

Last edited:

rasmundi

Hmm, guess i should mention that i'm the mystery third VB2.5 tester, courtesy of a great friend and the good folk over at VaporBrothers. I'll surely have lots to say now that it's gone public, but since it's still sunday morning i'm just going to lean back and welcome a new dawn...

mixchu69

The only thing I want with the vb2.5 is direct glass on glass with my water piece. Everything else looks awesome. I already use the whip with my herbalizer and am absolutely in love with it, but have always been drawn to the Evo because of the glass on glass connection.

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
@rasmundi if you are who I think, thanks for jumping in, and I hope to poach things from your consultations with us and post them here... once we get a little corroboration from other experts. Rasmundi has given us additional insight into the chemistry & physics of a dab, and how VB2.5's heater surface produces dabs that feel less hot. I've been comparing with what I'm learning listening to the Adam Dunn show in Denver. All about Dabs Part 3, Part 2, etc.
@mixchu69 Do you think the glass tube in the video above is good for your uses? We have these in stock, called "All-glass airpath."

Breathemetal

Guess ill ignore this one then. Bummer :/ no sense in getting hyped about it when I'll never afford it....too bad cuz im already excited...have fun to those that get this beast

mixchu69

@rasmundi if you are who I think, thanks for jumping in, and I hope to poach things from your consultations with us and post them here... once we get a little corroboration from other experts. Rasmundi has given us additional insight into the chemistry & physics of a dab, and how VB2.5's heater surface produces dabs that feel less hot. I've been comparing with what I'm learning listening to the Adam Dunn show in Denver. All about Dabs Part 3, Part 2, etc.
@mixchu69 Do you think the glass tube in the video above is good for your uses? We have these in stock, called "All-glass airpath."
I completely overlooked that part (only saw the whip). Stickstones has been spot-on with his recommendations to me (herbalizer, lsv, minivap). His next recommendation is vb 2.5 and I am definitely listening.

herbivore21

I think the choice ended up being either cheaper or bulletproof, at this stage of the industry it's hard to offer both…
If you'll pardon the pun, I think cheaper and bulletproof come together in the form of a silicone carbide d-nail which can be had for half the money with a hell of a lot less clutter on your desk, silicone carbide is literally a ballistics material after all lol :p

On this topic: What is the benefit for this device over a much cheaper high end enail setup aside from maybe marginally faster heat-up?

I do understand that the more conductive ceramics with high thermal shock are better than traditional ceramics and quartz or ti. Still, these are now available in standard e-nail form factor. What about the VB 2.5 form factor justifies spending twice as much or so?

I am not meaning to company bash here, this is a sincere question :)

I know that the earlier VB products were trailblazers (yup another pun) for oils in the early days (you guessed it - more puns!) of earls.

rasmundi

On this topic: What is the benefit for this device over a slightly cheaper high end enail setup aside from maybe marginally faster heat-up?

Let's see, it's past midnight of a very long day, but off the top of my head…

1. Doesn't make the living room look like a crack den.
2. Doesn't add metal fumes to the air stream.
2. Won't burn the house down when the cat tips it over.
3. Won't brand the guest who passes out after a dab.
4. Wastes less oil than a dome-less nail.
5. A lot easier to hide.
6. Approachable to people not used to being in a crack den.

I'd venture to say that any one of the first four reasons listed above are worth the price of admittance to folks who don't have to worry about the cost. For those who are better at math, #4 might be the real game changer here, as the VB does micro-dabs unlike any other methodology i have yet experienced.

Last edited:

herbivore21

Let's see, it's past midnight of a very long day, but off the top of my head…

1. Doesn't make the living room look like a crack den.
2. Doesn't add metal fumes to the air stream.
2. Won't burn the house down when the cat tips it over.
3. Won't brand the guest who passes out after a dab.
4. Wastes less oil than a dome-less nail.
5. A lot easier to hide.
6. Approachable to people not used to being in a crack den.

I'd venture to say that any one of the first four reasons listed above are worth the price of admittance to folks who don't have to worry about the cost. For those who are better at math, #4 might be the real game changer here, as the VB does micro-dabs unlike any other methodology i have yet experienced.
Hi there, understandably, it was the middle of the night and there may be other features missing in your comparison. Still, I want to go through each of your points here and provide my observations:

The crack den thing is really not a compelling argument to me at all - which crack user is splashing out on a high-end enail to drop their cheap no doubt stepped on rocks of crack upon? This is preposterous, since for a drug of addiction like this, you could buy months, or weeks worth of your substance of choice instead of the high end enail! Crack addicts are not trying to savor the flavor of their crack rocks bro - they'd much prefer more rocks ;)

I understand metal fumes can be an issue with poor nail design, coming off the kanthal nichrome heating coil and getting into the airpath. Still, with a properly fitted carb cap and proper placement of carb hole, there is negligible chance of such metal fumes getting into the actual airpath. Still I do concede that no metal in the airpath is a positive since many nail designs do potentially let metal fumes into the airpath.

If you are referring to ti carb caps, I prefer not to use ti and quartz carbs are coming for the abovementioned SiC nails, but I do concede as well that I refuse to use ti dabbers and especially SS dabbers and generally dab on sapphire with glass or quartz. Sapphire really does taste better than ceramic, hands down.

I do not use nails which lose vapor in trails after your hit. Proper carb design, materials, nail design and temp settings will avoid any vapor loss. Believe me, I'm a no vapor left behind kind of guy!

To passing out: I live in a country where people's tolerances are negligible, we have some of the worst bud availability and quality in the world and despite the obviously significant effects dabbing for the first time would have on people here; I have never, ever seen somebody pass out and get branded after a dab, ever! Has this really ever happened? Is this really a genuine risk, any more likely than being in a plane crash or something similarly unlikely?

Now the pets thing is a valid concern for those with mischievous pets, however, I don't have any pets. Further to this, if my enail rig were knocked over, there would be no burning down of anything. I do not leave any hot element anywhere near anything flammable - this is just plain stupid! lol

Do you mean easier to hide in terms of nail cool-down time if you suddenly have to turn it off and hide it at short notice? If so, yes this is true, but the prepared user could have any number of ready made solutions for this, like my 18mm male gong stand with SS box cover. Still, I have negligible need to use this since I live alone and do not care if people who I allow into my house see my dab rig.

The people I allow into my house understand that I am a medical user and if they have a problem with that and would wish me a return to the symptoms I suffered before finding MMJ, they know where the door is - both to my house and to my life. ;)

Finally, again, have you really ever seen a $900 rig and a $1000 enail setup in a crack den? How long did it last before somebody pawned it? This analogy is just not relevant IMO!

It sounds like the benefits of the VB 2.5 over an enail rig are as follows:

1. No metal in airpath
2. Potentially safer if you have pets who might knock your setup over (relevant to some, but I'm sure plenty of us don't have to worry about this consideration)
3. Less wasteful than a domeless enail used with poor technique (I include this point you make still even though it is not an issue for me because I understand that the vast majority of people dabbing on enails do waste copious amounts of their dabs due to vapor loss from poor technique/hardware - one look at any given youtube enail video will demonstrate that most people lose a bit of their dab when dabbing lol).

Now there are some definite downsides too - like the extra benchspace required and the much longer airpath if you connect this to a rig (I only dab with water pipes), which will result in more vapor condensing on the glass on the way through.

I would not dab through a whip, ever. I have never had any success reclaiming off a whip, and such a long piece of not so reclaimable material in the airpath is just begging to gunk up over time.

There is also the obvious extra benchspace required for the VB 2.5 vs an enail. The lack of flexibility of the large all-glass WPA means that connecting the VB 2.5 to a rig is a much larger setup in terms of net benchspace consumed. Also the paraphernalia factor is still screamingly obvious due to the bong on the end of the WPA lol

The temp control on the VB 2.5 is also not digital.

I know this will be less of an issue for some (and some won't mind at all I'm sure), but with a d-nail, I don't just have digital readout on the controller (which I understand is not the same as dish temp on the nail) but I also have access to charts for the various nails available which show me what the temp on the dish will be compared to the temp on the controller too. This gives you the closest control you're gonna get over dabbing surface temp short of having an actual temp measurement device as part of your dab setup!

Again, the VB 2.5 looks quite nice, but it is wayyyyyyyyyyyy pricier (2.5 x more expensive than dnail 1.2 with SiC dish and Infiniti/Universal 2.0 carb and handle) than the competition, which IMO it is not clearly enough superior to!

Again, this is sincere, I am right into oils and predominately use these rather than flowers or other extracts. As a medical user, I will spend big money to get the best dab setup. I would definitely be in the market for a VB 2.5 if I could clearly see the benefits over my current setup.

I am still open of course to other aspects of the VB 2.5 being worth the additional cost, since I am sure as you said it was late at night (thanks for responding so late btw man!) your list may not have been exhaustive :)

Please do let me know of any other benefits guys :) I'll keep looking into the VB 2.5 myself too!

GR

I am about to buy my 3rd so obviously there are people who don't look at price as a decision making point. Yes the Vb2 is pricey and the VB2.5 is expensive but so is all my custom glass, so is my Mighty, so are all those tiny accessories that only cost a few dollars but collect in drawers to a valuable pile.

I use the VB2.5 everyday on the hour usually, sometimes more, and have been for 9 months and not the slightest bit bored with it. there is no fuss about it sitting on the kitchen counter on or off, it is not top heavy but also has weight so my cats won't accidentally knock it over, it does not really look like an interesting piece so my 5 and 7 year old are not attracted to it nor are random guests or workers who come by, honestly it looks like a mini crock pot when the white ceramic dome is on it. You can sip on this thing with micro dabs or drop a 1/2g in to feed 4 people a monster dab at once with an optional hookah dome. You can set up an all glass path, or use the 10mm glass straw for direct surprising cool hits. Lots of ways to use these units with different add ons to change the experience. Then there is this micro partical size of the vapor the VB2.5.5 seems to produce! Oh yeah, quality build and quality company making and supporting the units.

Maybe crack den is the wrong class, how about free basing?! $2000 a day on product was not unheard of in my time, and boy where there cool toys, many of which got sold for more blow. The whole torch and nail thing still brings me flash backs when firing the torch. Honestly there are many similar parallels to making and using oil and cooking down and vaping blow for me. I personally prefer the look of the VB2.5 /2, or lack of paraphernalia look to be more exact.

I am not sure that trying to say the VB2.5/2 are superior to anything else is helpful. Doing dabs from a VB2/2.5 and side by side with anything else will produce different results, just like different nails in the same glass produce different results. The entire package of the VB2 for a device that would be ready at a moments notice 24/7/365, be stealthy enough to be easily accessible 24/7/365, be children and pet friendly, get the job done while maintaining flavor fast and efficiently, and be fun is what made be choose these units. Oil lovers who use the VB2.5 don't just say I like it, they say I need to get this. So what if my kids don't eat this month so I can get the first VB2.5!

Edit: calling vapor brother now just in case this post inspired any of you to get one, I really want 001. Lmao

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
@t-dub -- For that $1200 price tag, it sure is in a class of it's own!!

FWIW, I don't buy into the "medicates better than any nail" hype, sorry. A dab of XX shatter on an enail vs the same dab of XX shatter on VB2.5, and the dab from the VB2.5 gets you more medicated...sorry not buying it. Not saying you don't like the VB2.5 the best out of what gear you have tried, but let's not act like this device will get you more medicated with the same medicine, and the same size dab. That sounds like it needs some follow-up scientific jargon to prove how this device makes my medicine stronger than my enail setup.

Not very med patient friendly priced, seems this is geared more to the "baller" crowd.

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
but let's not act like this device will get you more medicated with the same medicine, and the same size dab

Why not, if the experience backs it up? If a vape is efficient enough, it can either help you stretch your stash or help you get more medicated on less (or the same amount). We talk about how vaping is more efficient than smoking due to smoking destroying some of the actives that vaporization doesn't. I can easily believe that the high temps we get to with dabbing destroy actives, and if this thing destroys less it would make sense it is more effective. I'm not saying this is what's going on, as I know nothing of the science of it, but it could be going on, or something else entirely. We are still in the infancy stage of vaporization, imo, and I am becoming more and more aware of how much we don't know, and how very little we do know.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
FWIW, I don't buy into the "medicates better than any nail" hype, sorry . . . but let's not act like this device will get you more medicated with the same medicine, and the same size dab. That sounds like it needs some follow-up scientific jargon to prove how this device makes my medicine stronger than my enail setup.
You are of course entitled to your opinion, as am I. My opinion comes from experience with using the device, yours does not. I had to physically lower the size of my dabs. The effect for me was, and still is, very real. YMMV but I would try one before making statements like that. The "follow up scientific jargon" you seek may have to do with aerosol particle size, temperature, and the material used in, and the shape of the heater. My experiences I post here are not an "act" but are my real observations. Your insinuation that it is otherwise is "not nice".

Last edited:

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
I think the price is for ballers although I'm afraid the VB2 & 2.5 are too functional looking for those who expect their pieces to double as fine art. While I would hope to be able to price future VB2 models for patients, the current VB2.5 is for a special niche- People who will pay extra for its features. VB2.0 & 2.5 both fill the need for an easy dab at home without dealing with a traditional rig. There is less to go wrong or break. Dab bars and dispensaries are definitely interested in VB2 for reducing exposure to liability and possibility of fire. Sure, for people who have no problem with the enail form factor they should stay with their enail. Many cheaper enails are getting quartz nails and that's great, but it is not quite what this is for.

A few responses to everybody, including @rasmundi @herbivore21 @Silver420Surfer @mixchu69 @Breathemetal and others. Thank you guys for contributing.

Crack den- We joke that our place looks like a "crack den" when the mess on the table has lots of wires and scientific glass mixed in. Perhaps it's not accurate to actual crack addicts but it's a term ;) If you have visitors who are uncomfortable with your array of paraphernalia lying around, you'll find VB2 is much easier to have.

Was meant to be cheaper- @Breathemetal I'm with you on that, but this happened.

No ceramic disk- true for VB2.5. The heater is slightly dished to contain puddles. Also, there is no need to protect the heater. Silicon Nitride is extremely durable so you can throw globs on it or bang it with a dabber tool without issue.

tumblr_nrghngCMCO1rzuyr2o6_r1_400.jpg
(silicon nitride heater surface)

Gets you better medicated?- Right now among the most experienced dabbers I know are T-dub and GR so if they say something about it... Probably means it came from daily observation. But true, it's is a bit subjective at the moment. I've seen the same oil vaporize differently in various devices- from how fast it heats up, to what boils off first and what stays as residue. Aside from that, when a vaporizer gives an easy hit, more medicine can be used without coughing. A few things I've heard or read here that might affect this (guys correct me if I said your position wrong): Rasmundi- The VB2.5's Silicone Nitride surface seems to create finer aerosols that are absorbed more deeply, whereas conductive metals produce larger droplets that might contribute to the hot/uncomfortable feeling after a big dab. Jon-no-h- Ti gives a thick hit, quartz not so much. Silicone Nitride is in the middle.

Burn & fire safety- VB2 is hot internally, but is not going to set paper on fire any time soon. Both models turn off automatically as well. I know that people live around exposed searing hot surfaces (us included) but there's a certain amount of care and attention you need to keep turned on all the time. With VB2, you can relax in a few ways you many have not realized before.

Temp control doesn't have a digital display. It's physically impossible for us because we don't allow plastic in the hot areas. The bezel will have accurate temperature markings. We could have a separate box but VB2 was meant to be a self contained unit all along. VB2.5 knows its temperature so the output to a display would be straightforward. But we can't have melting plastic. If anyone has a suggestion we would appreciate that!

Vaping through glass on glass- We have a few ways to achieve this: Use the all-glass airpath you see in the video above, or get the inline bubbler & dome combination that sits right on top of the VB2.

tumblr_nrghngCMCO1rzuyr2o7_r1_400.jpg

Symmetry

All I can possibly say is that I hope to one day own a device of this caliber.

As far as the temperature display, Nixie tubes can be made quite small and are SMD compatible. I don't know how much space you have available inside the casing, but here's a good example:
nw2a.jpg

Put some smoked or frosted borosilicate in front of that and you have a beautiful, unique display. They're safe up to quite a high temperature, as well; the operating temperature of the filament is around 100⁰C, and the temperature limit is mainly the mechanical durability of the filament and glass enclosure.

Top Bottom