• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

VaporBlunt 14.4 mm Micro-shower (PNWT) vs. PlanetVape f-BOMB

brucebannor

The Cheshire Cat
Are there any important differences between the shorty and turbo? I know the shorty has a smaller bowl, but I'm not clear on what the Turbo does. Does anyone have any opinions on which is the best 14 mm PVHES GonG to get?

I have all the variations of the PVHEGonG adapters/stems and the turbo is my least favorite. It has the center hollowed out and a screen inside the bowl instead of the 4 holes in the glass. IMO it's just too airy, the other stems provide pretty thick clouds but I'm never happy with the Turbo.

It's either too much air-flow outright or the fact that the hot air escapes the small stem bowl quicker than the other stock/HE stems. It does have the easiest draw but it's a mute point for me when it's sacrificing vapor density.

Shorty (smaller bowl) and Turbo (No internal glass screen) are not related, they do make a shorty turbo stem though.

brucebannor,
Reactions: Tom Funk

Mitch

I have all the variations of the PVHEGonG adapters/stems and the turbo is my least favorite. It has the center hollowed out and a screen inside the bowl instead of the 4 holes in the glass. IMO it's just too airy, the other stems provide pretty thick clouds but I'm never happy with the Turbo.

It's either too much air-flow outright or the fact that the hot air escapes the small stem bowl quicker than the other stock/HE stems. It does have the easiest draw but it's a mute point for me when it's sacrificing vapor density.

Shorty (smaller bowl) and Turbo (No internal glass screen) are not related, they do make a shorty turbo stem though.
Thanks for the tip!
Which bowl size do you prefer - Shorty or Regular?

Mitch,

brucebannor

The Cheshire Cat
Thanks for the tip!
Which bowl size do you prefer - Shorty or Regular?

I prefer the regular size, for me it's much easier to under-pack that than it is to over-pack the shorty. Not sure if it's my Shorty or a problem in general but the herb inside always seems to stick inside the Solo. None of the other stems I have do that, I'm not sure why but it's a pretty regular issue with mine.

Mitch

Thanks for the quick replies!!

Right now I'm considering getting the PWNT with a regular PVHES 14mm GonG. I've found that when I use the solo, one person is good, 2 people is doable, and 3 people is a little bit too much for the vape to handle. I've also found that sometimes I have to do a few more bowls than I used to to satisfy myself. Would you guys say that pairing the PWNT with the solo would help solve these problems - aka get me higher faster, give me the ability to smoke with more people at once?

Mitch,

xer0

My replacement WT is here!

It is significantly shorter than the original one I got. The top of the new one doesn't even reach the bottom of the mouthpiece on the original one. For portability reasons this is actually a good thing...makes it even more compact although you do sacrifice some water volume.

The workmanship is MUCH better, the welds are much cleaner and the perc holes are more evenly distributed. The design varies some between the two percs...on the original the holes were slits and on the new one they're holes. This makes the draw on the new one feel more open compared to the original.

Taste is unreal with this thing...seriously. Its just enough water and diffusion to cool the vapor but not enough to affect the flavor. I can see why some people say to change the water very frequently though.

It wasn't a bad experience customer service wise. Exchanged a few e-mails and sent a few pictures and they had a replacement sent out within a week. Can't complain about that at all.

olivianewtonjohn

Thanks for the quick replies!!

Right now I'm considering getting the PWNT with a regular PVHES 14mm GonG. I've found that when I use the solo, one person is good, 2 people is doable, and 3 people is a little bit too much for the vape to handle. I've also found that sometimes I have to do a few more bowls than I used to to satisfy myself. Would you guys say that pairing the PWNT with the solo would help solve these problems - aka get me higher faster, give me the ability to smoke with more people at once?

Yes for whatever reason (maybe I can take bigger hits or hotter hits); I get high alot faster with a water pipe than with the stem which usually has a delayed reaction.

olivianewtonjohn,

ohdono

high more than not
Hey guys.

So @Alan 's 14mm GonG attachment for the HI arrived yesterday and it has been working incredibly with the F-Bomb.

I've now had 4 different people try out the F-Bomb and they all REALLY like it. All of them were surprised at how big it was able to hit but at how smooth it was.

Even I'm continuously surprised at how big you can hit this thing while feel like you took in nothing. It milks incredibly.

I'll also add, the glass may be thinner but it it well made. I can be clumsy when I'm medicated, especially when I'm changing glass pieces, and I've knocked over the F-Bomb more than I'd like to admit now. It's held up each time, no damage, and continues to work the same.

With that said, @PlanetVape , if there was a way to create a small stand for the F-Bomb to sit on, it really help. It's awfully small and gets knocked over pretty easily.
My replacement WT is here!

It is significantly shorter than the original one I got. The top of the new one doesn't even reach the bottom of the mouthpiece on the original one. For portability reasons this is actually a good thing...makes it even more compact although you do sacrifice some water volume.

The workmanship is MUCH better, the welds are much cleaner and the perc holes are more evenly distributed. The design varies some between the two percs...on the original the holes were slits and on the new one they're holes. This makes the draw on the new one feel more open compared to the original.

Taste is unreal with this thing...seriously. Its just enough water and diffusion to cool the vapor but not enough to affect the flavor. I can see why some people say to change the water very frequently though.

It wasn't a bad experience customer service wise. Exchanged a few e-mails and sent a few pictures and they had a replacement sent out within a week. Can't complain about that at all.
torn between the two now. after the WT has been remade better, not sure what to get. i like big clouds but dont want thin glass, is the remade WT producing thicker clouds now ? i like what ive read about the FB from dr. p, but it looks a little too thin and tall.

ohdono,

Dr. Plutonious

If it provides you with any insurance, My F-Bomb has received a few nasty falls from 2+ feet onto the ground and has been knocked over a few times on my desk as well.

Not problems with glass breaking or chipping. Can't wait to try it with the EVO once it shows up.

Dr. Plutonious,

ohdono

high more than not
If it provides you with any insurance, My F-Bomb has received a few nasty falls from 2+ feet onto the ground and has been knocked over a few times on my desk as well.

Not problems with glass breaking or chipping. Can't wait to try it with the EVO once it shows up.
gonna hold off till black friday anyway ill let you guys know what i decide on !

ohdono,

DBA

gonna hold off till black friday anyway ill let you guys know what i decide on !
If you manage to get in touch with VaporBlunt could you please let me know? I have been trying to contact them for nearly a month now, to no avail.

DBA,

polvoman

Hi Guys, just bought a the Pinnacle tube but the pong is attached to the end and wont budge at all and is stuck completely.

I'm still quite new to this still but will be using it with a Solo (I have the 14mm adapter), what am I doing wrong?

All pics ive seen haven't included this bit on the end, if I could remove then fine but it wont come out!

Any help would be massively appreciated as really want to try it out!!

Cheers!

polvoman,

way2

The PonG was attached to mine when I got it but it was pulled out fairly easily. Maybe yours was pushed in more (too far) during shipping? It does come out.

way2,

polvoman

The PonG was attached to mine when I got it but it was pulled out fairly easily. Maybe yours was pushed in more (too far) during shipping? It does come out.

Really appreciate the quick reply buddy.

It seems that way, I've given it quite a bit of force till its physically hurt my hands but nothing.

Thanks for letting me know its a fault with the wt, ill speak to Vapefiend about a possible replacement.

Bummer.

polvoman,

way2

You could try heating the thing up a bit or tossing it in the freezer. The expansion/contraction may help to get it moving.

polvoman

pretty
You could try heating the thing up a bit or tossing it in the freezer. The expansion/contraction may help to get it moving.

Ill give it a go but its seriously wedged in. Very annoying way to start the weekend!

polvoman,

Busta

I was able to grab a used Pinnacle WT from a member to replace my silica rig (TV Cera frog splashed it :ugh:). This little tube works pretty good at cooling things down. I keep mine in the fridge so it's nice and cool when I want to hook it up :spliff:

Busta,

Busta

Here's a pic for size comparison TV Cera beside the PNWT.

DSC_0166_zpsada057cc.jpg

Here a cheap cell phone vid of a quick hit.

For a little piece of glass that you can fit in your back pocket this thing hits/cools pretty well.

:smug:

Top Bottom