Vapor trips trooper

Purple-Days

Hi all,
A friend directed me to your site a while back and I haven't had a chance or excuse to get here till now.

We have been vaping since 2003. :o
I thought this real life episode was worth sharing with fellow vapers .)

----We don't smoke and drive. Way too dangerous. (we don't smoke at all)

Now, hold on, I don't think being high while driving is dangerous (for a habituated user).

I think the exposure smoke gives you is dangerous to your freedom. Cops...

We got pulled over this week and had just been vaping in our closed up truck.
Not 2 minutes before being pulled over. Oh hell !

And this was a State Trooper, no local yokel.

I was the passenger and riding without a belt (post surgery) and he saw the opening to pull us over.

If we had just burned one we would have been busted. No doubt, we would have reeked.

I tossed my rosewood unit (http://purple-days.com/Rosewood.html)
to the floor where it blended in nicely, and rolled down the window. He came up on my side...

After threatening us with $550 in tickets (he saw the scars and bruising and didn't care, unless I was carrying written exemption) he finally let us go with a warning.

I sincerely thanked him and offered my hand, but he was an ass and refused to take it.

If this little trooper only knew,:lol:

Anyway, I have always wondered what vapor odor would be like to a non-weed user. The uninformed (and uniformed). But you just can't ask a nazi in jack boots...

So is vapor stealthy? Draw your own conclusions. But, I think it saved our butts...

Do we smoke and drive? NEVER.

Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel. (And your vape between your legs.)

Anybody else get by ? Have someone not notice ? Or not know ? Landlords? Cops? Moms?:cool:

Purple-Days,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Welcome to the forum!

It's funny...my wife and I were out at a park and vaping in the car...she got nervous because she thought someone would smell it because she knows the smell. I had to remind her that almost everyone would not recognize the vaped smell. I often wonder if anyone would recognize my Genie if asked...it looks like an empty pipe!

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Nice story.

I don't usually smell any vapor scent lingering in the air during sessions but if someone walks into the room they can usually smell something. That's in a closed room though, and it's nowhere near the smell from smoking herb. Vaping in a car with the windows cracked should be pretty smell free with all the air being sucked out.

Those vapes you're linking look interesting, some really nice hardwoods you're using. Would be nice if your site had some better pictures/videos demonstrating usage... loading etc. To give a better idea how everything works. It is convection right?

Any upgrades to a glass mouthpiece instead of polyethylene? I'm guessing it's pretty close to the heat source. A custom blown glass piece would contrast nicely with the wood, too.

vtac,

marcuss

above the clouds
welcome to fuck combustion forum purple-days!

A report of your vape should be a good intro thread for you!!

take your time....but we are happy to see some new vape user here!

marcuss,

Purple-Days

Thanks for the nice comments and the welcome.

We (my wife and I) started vaping in 2003 and haven't looked back. I keep a pack of white Zig-Zags around the house, but you might have to spark it up over at the stovetop. Not sure I could find a lighter.

Mostly wanted to get a word out about odor. And how much that changes the experience.

Lookling back 35 years of use , I can't believe all the smoke related risks I took.

We were about freaked out. I always kid that she drives like we are transporting heroin. Cruise control and eyes on the road. Even out here in the middle of nowhere.

I'll give this to Oregon Troopers, that's the second time one has used his own discretion and let us off when it could have come down much worse. (I was in cuffs last time) But they do dress for intimidation, and this one unlike the other had an attitude to match his outfit.

Hi, vapor tactician, "better pictures/videos demonstrating usage." Yes we need that and you have re-enforced that , gotta do it...
There's a video link on the info page of our site.
http://purple-days.com/Info.html
And yes, that's a convection system. Heated air drawn through a ground herbal preperation, haha. Tobacco of course, hmphhhh.

We avoided glass and went for the look of frosted glass with the high-temp food-grade #5PE. Nice looking and just about indestructable. You might loose one but you don't have to worry about breaking one. And it cleans as well as glass. (I know how some plastics can get discolored)
As I said I just tossed the unit. I think the vapor tube went into a pocket.

I guess that brings up the heat. No effect on the PE. And we hand shape and smooth each mouthpiece. (everything is well washed too) Air/Vapor that comes into your mouth is much cooler (temp) than any cigarette draw so it is comfortable, not hot .

I started building vaporizers so we could have exactly what we wanted in a vape. It's what we use everyday. Made to take some abuse, we needed that.

Report to follow when I feel better... Three surgeries in two weeks (one emergency) has me a little weak right now, but I'm doing much better every day.

:)Thanks again, Tom

Oh another big deal about vaping is no coughing. We all know that, but when you have a gash across your abdominal muscles and 11 staples, (laughing hutrts like hell) you don't want to cough for anything. Ah , sweet relief... Vapor.... well, couldn't help it, got greedy once and snorted hard, ouch!:rolleyes:

Purple-Days,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
That's cool, I know what you're saying about durability, nice to know you can throw it around a bit and not worry. As an aftermarket part, would it be hard to make for a glass blower? I guess if you wanted you could attach a whip as well.

The unique Heat Exchanger is entirely Stainless Steel
Some sort of element inside a stainless sheath?

Look forward to seeing more of your vapes, I think a lot of us here can appreciate the custom craftsmanship and a lot of people are looking for a good portable.

Hope you heal up quick! :)

vtac,

Purple-Days

Feeling better every day. Thanks.

I think most folks here are going to have a vape already, but I'm glad you like our style.

Wow, I've seen some pretty glass and you really have me thinking ,,, it would be an easy part for a 'blower' to make, but what I know about glass is almost nothing. There is a fellow up the road, I have always wanted to stop and see his artistic glass (not a head shop). Now I have a great excuse.

"Some sort of element inside a stainless sheath?" You have it exactly. Along with some mass and radiating fins in the airstream, all stainless too. The element is a ceramic , ROHS compliant and certified lead-free resistor, very heavy duty. So is everythjing else , including the lower electronics and even the hook-up wire. If it's not heavy-duty and documented lead-free we won't buy it.

I've seen lead-free solder mentioned by some others , but that was just a starting point for us. :cool:

What started it all was a need for a system we could use with confidence, 100% lead-free. Non-Toxic finish, real hardwood that would hold up.

Friends and relatives dug the idea and encouraged us. Thanks for your encouragement and ideas too. They are appreciated.

:) Tom

Purple-Days,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Purple-Days said:
Along with some mass and radiating fins in the airstream, all stainless too. The element is a ceramic , ROHS compliant and certified lead-free resistor, very heavy duty. So is everythjing else , including the lower electronics and even the hook-up wire. If it's not heavy-duty and documented lead-free we won't buy it.

I've seen lead-free solder mentioned by some others , but that was just a starting point for us. :cool:
I like your style, inert materials are of the utmost importance to a lot of us here. :tup:

This is sounding like the perfect car vape. More info/photos/videos please!

Thanks for your encouragement and ideas too. They are appreciated.
Glad you welcome ideas/suggestions, I think the Extreme has become a better vape because the people behind it share this quality.

vtac,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Vaping is def stealth. I vap exclusivly in one room and if its fully closed it will have a 'scent' but its not over powering like burnt herb and doesn't smell like combusted hooter. An open window removes any unwanted smell in a short time :science:

vaporcloud,

Purple-Days

My wife, Pammy went East, caring for a terminal relative.

I miss her a lot...

Anyway the relative was given Marinol. You know, the THC pill. No good....

Funny, 'the relative' has been so 'influenced' that the 'real thing' is a BAD drug...

So, Pammy uses a P-D in her private room and fears discovery...

She says, my suggestion of blowing into a pillow works good, and a Febreeze dryer sheet in the pillow case (her idea) helps a bunch.

The COB (Crazy Old Bird) walked right in the other day and had no clue.

Purple-Days,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
Hi All. Same thing happened to me, but I ended up getting a ticket. I was vaping with an I-inhale and had to turn it off and put it away. Cop did not smell a thing. I must say PD's rock. I just got mine to start conserving and it's working!

buddhaholic420,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
I had my suspicions about vaporizer smell.

First few time, I would vape a few bowls of my VG in my room and let it air out for a few hours while my roommate was out (would be big problems if he caught me). He couldn't tell at all.

The real test though was when I vaped 4 bowls straight up a few days ago, all blown straight into the middle of the room. My brother and his GF (both smoking 10+ years) came into the room no more then 60 seconds after the last bowl to do a "smell test".

NOTHING, absolutely nothing.

To compare, I used to smoke bongs in my room at night then let it air out over the 12 hour period or so. I had the most thorough routine of blowing it DIRECTLY out the window (lips to the fly screen basically), had a rotating fan (pointed at the window) on for the smoking and the entire 12 hours afterwards + always some time of odour neutralizer spray.

He could always tell, sometimes up to multiple days away, that I had smoked bongs in my room... so his nose is tuned.

Chubba,

Beezleb

Purple-Days said:
My wife, Pammy went East, caring for a terminal relative.

I miss her a lot...

Anyway the relative was given Marinol. You know, the THC pill. No good....

Funny, 'the relative' has been so 'influenced' that the 'real thing' is a BAD drug...

So, Pammy uses a P-D in her private room and fears discovery...

She says, my suggestion of blowing into a pillow works good, and a Febreeze dryer sheet in the pillow case (her idea) helps a bunch.

The COB (Crazy Old Bird) walked right in the other day and had no clue.
Yea, the dryer sheet is an old trick that works well. Best of luck keeping it on the down low.

Beezleb,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
Yeah I had a really similar to expierience as chubba happen to me. My bros not cool with smoking of any kind. I used to smoke bongs too and they stank up my room so badly that he caught me one time and was like "what the hell is that smell?" Needless to say that didn't go over well with him.

I started vaping now and the smell is a drastic improvement. I was vaping one day and my bro knocked at the door so I hid my vbros fast as I could. When he came in he didn't say anything. Whew that was close. I really can't go back to smoking now its horrible for me now. I love vapin and hopefully when I finally save some cash I'll buy a PD as its definitely on my wish list.

wowthisisrandom,
Top Bottom