Vapor Spam Thread

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
i thought i saw a couple bridgesii, i used to be able to tell the difference but i havent used my cactus identifying powers in a while

Acolyte of Zinglon,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Those are beauts Purple-Days. ;)

I've always wanted to grow a cactus. I don't think they'd fair well in Alaska though. :lol:

Good news on the fixes soon tokin, I'll try it later today/tomorrow. It's actually been happening for a while on CannabisTV.

SpiralArchitect,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
hmm which avatar should i change to... i like the pear, but it doesnt go well with the site colors, this one goes well, but i like the pear better

somehow this one seems more appropriate to me though :lol:

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Purple-Days

I don't have a clue which is which. The place in AZ sent two boxes, one species per box but no identification on or in either box. One set has a deffinite blue shade of green and the other is a yellowish green. Easy to tell apart but who knows which is which.

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

I'll let you know how well these winter over indoors, I'm thinking with some patience and the right lighting sched.... heck you might be able.

When I lived in Ohio I had a huge trichocerus, It even had a horn on one side. The blooms are amazingly big, like a small dinner plate and they open at night. Unfortunately frost got it (careless me). It was a beautiful ornamental.

Purple-Days,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Damn sounds like it. Yeah, let me know dude. The climate here is very wet and very cold. My room is pretty warm though, maybe it might fare well snuggling next to my vaporizers. lol Now there is a new use for one.... :lol:

SpiralArchitect,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Ya Spiral, those are sun-dried chips of green fleshy skin from T. peruvianus. That's the "money" section, where the majority of alkaloids are found...the green skin, I mean. I've tried a few different sources in my quest after Mescaline, and I can say with some certainty that this is indeed very good stuff...I won't reveal my source on here because I have great respect for him...but I will say it came directly from the mountains of Peru, and I'd be happy to help you out if you are really interested...just shoot me a PM.

Oh, and no, I don't vape it :p That'd be quite the feat...it gets ground into a very fine powder then packed into veg. capsules, then those capsules are swallowed on a relatively empty stomach w/ water...then all you have to do is wait for three hours...

Ironically enough, my session got cancelled the other night at the very last minute (perhaps why I had that forboding feeling?), and I actually just finished downing the last of those bitter capsules a few minutes ago...Now it's time to sit and wait. Perhaps I'll heat up the Surfer...you know the PD is already ready to go :brow:

Tom man, those cacti are some beauts. Did you receive them as cuttings or start from seed?? Both lots are showing some damage to the spines...the bridgesii especially though. That's why I ask about cuttings. That tends to happen a lot with cuttings...people don't handle rough and tumble cacti with too much care... Meh, it's almost impossible to prevent, anyway...especially when you're dealing with 2 inch long spines. Either way, they are looking nice and fat and very green, it seems like you're taking good care of them...hope they're seeing some real sunlight, too ;) Those UV rays are quite important for alkaloid production...heh Oregon actually must have decent weather for cacti gardening, no?

Oh ya and Spiral, growing in Alska would be a challenege for sure, but probably not impossible. They can be grown easily indoors...and the first few years it's all about growing out a nice, healthy cactus...there's really no harvesting to speak of, so you could keep it inside entirely. When you're ready to start making some cuts, it's pretty important that the cactus starts seeing some sunlight...preferably a whole seasons worth. So that could be tough in Alaska...a window just might suffice though... Anyways, food for thought.

partially veiled,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
the light blue green is bridgesii and the yellw green is pachanoi

bridgesiis are generally considered to be more potent and also have a wider alkaloid profile

Acolyte of Zinglon,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Yes, most likely. You can never be sure though...especially because bridgesii do have propensity for showing that luminescent, aqua-blue hue as well...I'd argue that they show this even more than your standard pachanoi. But it's all really heresy, the genetics among these samples are so freaking close...and of course what matters most is the bio-assay :cool:

But if I were to hazard a guess, I would say the same: the one on the left hand side of the picture (with yellowish tint and larger spines) is your bridgesii, and the one on the right which is fatter (and most likely the sample with the blue merle coloration, hard to tell from a picture) is your pachanoi. An up close shot of the spines/areolas might help, if you're really keen on identifying them?

Edit: I think you changed your opinion, AoZ? I stand by mine...:p

partially veiled,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
When you're ready to start making some cuts, it's pretty important that the cactus starts seeing some sunlight...preferably a whole seasons worth.
Dude, we get under 20 days of Sun a year. Oh well. :p

Maybe an artificial light would work? Might be pricey running that thing for several years though....

SpiralArchitect,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
I have no idea how you guys get these things, and are so knowledgable. In this area there is no one that talks about these psycodellics. Internet I know, but to grow a cactus...to harvest. I know of one type of mushroom that grows from cow shit, and Florida counties spray to kill such mushrooms. Cactus I've never tried, and would love to. I don't imagine any are legal? I think you guys have peaked my interest. Any reputable sites for research you guys may want to provide would be greatly appriceiated.

DD

DigitalDavinci,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Yeah, just how much light you actually got was sort of a question in my mind. Now I know. You're right, growing in Alaska probably would not work. I think you'd be fine growing out some cacti to maturity, like a few selections, with artificial lighting...but you probably wouldn't want to harvest something that's only been under floros or what ever...Halides apparently provide UVB, which is great, but nothing will compete with the sun. If you're keen on it though, why not try growing out some? Who knows where you'll be in three years...:p Encounters with the cactus are well worth the patience it requires...

partially veiled,

max

Out to lunch
Do we need to start a cacti thread? Clear_Dome would like that. I had a 5' tall Euphorbia acrurnesis for many years. My wife's got a bunch of little ones-various kinds. Don't know what they all are. You guys are making me curious though.

max,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
I'd like a cacti thread. I know nothing. Teach me ole wise ones.

Sorry...Please. Where's my mannors?

Got excited. Last time I hollusinated was 11 years ago. Man I miss it. Tallahassee Florida, cow feilds, mushrooms galore!

DigitalDavinci,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Actually DD, most of the cacti we're talking about are legal. Peyote is specifically illegal in the US of A, but specifically exempt from scheduling in Canada. The Trichocereus cacti though, the ones we've been talking about, are all legal to own and grow as garden specimens. The trouble starts when you begin to process it for consumption...Trichocereus cacti contain a scheduled substance (mescaline obviously) and as such consuming them, selling them for consumption, or even just preparing to consume some...that is definitely illegal. Many places on the net sell cactus "incense" to get through this loophole, and label it as "not for human consumption". Just be careful...there are almost zero reputable vendors of cactus flesh readily found on the net (IMO), and most charge an absolute arm and a leg for very weak specimens.

The mushrooms your talking about are Psilocybe cubensis...very common in Florida and they've got a serious like on for cow shit :brow: I don't have any sites to link you to at the moment DD but I will say that there's not as much on Cacti out there as there is on Cannabis, Opium, Mushrooms, LSD, etc... It seems like the best place for true "underground" knowledge is places like this, web forums... That being said I will say that there are a few people on Mycotopia who know more about cacti then most people know about life in general...

partially veiled,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
I'd love to see a Cacti thread...but I won't start it. That means I'd have to share pictures or something...and that won't be happening, at the moment! Actually though...I WILL be starting a new run some time soon...once winter is here and I've got an excuse to turn the heat up again :lol:...perhaps I'll give you guys some pics of the soil mix, the planting and then the seedlings and such? I love gardening...but sharing the fruits of your labor has to be like twice as fun. Cacti thread would be a great place to share something like that...

Actually, come to think of it...we should have a place to share our gardens. I know for some of us (myself included) this isn't the easiest thing to share, as it's too revealing...but, I bet we've got a LOT of really talented gardeners in our mix...places like this do tend to draw the DIY crowd :brow:

partially veiled,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
partially veiled said:
Edit: I think you changed your opinion, AoZ? I stand by mine...:p
nah, didnt change my opinion, just worded it more clearly

DD: the members of the trichocereus genus are all legal, the other main mescaline containing cactus is peyote, lophophora williamsii, it is illegal in the US, but legal almost everywhere else

you can order trichocereus cacti from just about any ethnobotanical supplier, dried chips are more risky because hey are more likely to be seen as a drug preparation, the cactus is legal, but mescaline is illegal

the mushrooms you refer to are most likely psilocybe cubensis, the most common species of psychedelic mushroom, the shroom is illegal, but due to some loophole, the spores are still available for "microscopy purposes"
once you get down sterile procedures, they are pretty easy to grow, and theyre much more stealthy to grow than mj.
you can refer to the shroomery and erowid for more info on them and cultivation info, theres a lot of info out there

Acolyte of Zinglon,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
you can refer to the shroomery and erowid for more info on them and cultivation info, theres a lot of info out there
Or Mycotopia...as the man said, there is a LOT of good info out there :D

And the reason that the spores are exempt from scheduling is because they contain zero psilocybin/psilocin. Actually, they ARE scheduled in some states...so make sure you check that out as well. Florida is not one of them though DD. Of course, spores being legal doesn't mean you're not still taking a chance, because of course you are...but it's a lot safer than you might think. AoZ is right when he says it's easy to do, as well...once you get sterile procedure down. It's a pretty serious science (mycology) and you can get reaaaaaly fancy, but you can do it pretty bare bones and still get some decent flushes. DIY -> big :tup: in this case...I've yet to see mushrooms on the black market like the ones that come outta FOAF's basement...

partially veiled,

tokinGLX

i kindof prefer having all of that stuff get shoved into this thread.
there are forums all around the nets for us to show off our gardens, putting all of those posts in this thread just makes it a super entertainment thread and keeps the rest of the forums topic(vaporizer) specific.
but then, i am in the crowd that prefers a (whatever) to do a certain thing better than anything else rather than the (whatever) that does everything adequately. ;)

but this being a spam thread, the first place i would point you for a general forums is stonerforums.com

on the grand scale of internet forums, it is still a pretty small one but there are lots of old timers from previous shut down boards on there. a good personal friend of mine also owns it, so that kindof makes it a little more of an e-home to me

tokinGLX,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
tokinGLX said:
there are lots of old timers from previous shut down boards on there.
And THOSE are the dudes and ladies you want to look for...it may sound hackneyed, but it's true. The gold is in the memories of those with experience, practical experience regarding what works...and not what is theorized to work. Find the people who've made it work in the past, and they'll help you make it work in the now... There's lots of people on the net with an opinion, but it really helps to be talking to some one with not just an opinion but some practical experience which proves their opinion to be valid.

And tokin, you make a good argument for keeping the spam thread as spammy as possible :D

partially veiled,

Purple-Days

Those were obtained as 10-12" cuts and shipped wrapped in newsprint in Priority mail flat rate boxes. Yeah the spines got beat to death but that won't hurt them.

Sunlight as much as possible, but like Spiral we are in a wet mode right now. The Oregon coast has very sunny, dry summers and very wet winters, so indoors this time of year to protect from the rain, more than the cold.

The cuttings can be processed when you get them but that would be illegal so for god's sake don't even think about it. :lol:

But if I were bold, I might take 10 inches for processing and take the top 2 inches as a cutting. Like this.

then let it dry till the bottom was stiff abd cork like. like this...

then plant it out and water it in. The don't water again till it is rooted and you see new growth. And don't water in the winter, of course.

BTW I got these at an incredible price. I thought it was an ad from the '70s.

Purple-Days,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Wow. Go to watch a debate and have dinner, and there is a plethera of info here. :D :o

Tokin...Nice to here from you, and trust me I don't want to hog this thread too much. I'm sure we'll be told to go to another thread if it bothers someone. You are one hell of a gardner (I just watched the two new vids like 3 times in a row), and I'll check out stonerforums.com. Thanks man. I hope to have a crop that looks as nice as what I saw today after only 5 weeks!

Partially Veiled and Acolyte of Zinglon...Thank you so much for the direction and info. I'm actually planning on moving to Seattle in April, so maybe I'll try to grow there. Climates are so different that I'll have to learn all over again how to grow MJ. Six months should give me enough time to investigate both MJ and cacti growing. You guys have definetly given me some reading to do for the next couple of months. I may want to ask questions later as I get into my research...If that's o.k.? Thank you again.

Purple Days...Those are some beautiful colored cacti. I'd love to see them in action :ko: and watch your green thumb at work too. :p Maybe after I grasp what the processes are in the first place, I can have a good conversation about cacti in the future.?. I may try to raise shrooms someday soon. I like the idea at the beginning of my experiments. Still need to research though how to get spores, and what not.

I'll use all the resources that you gracious people have suggested. Thanks to all of you.

Good night from Florida,

<----- DD is flaoting towards the purple glow...

DigitalDavinci,
Top Bottom