Vapor related glass questions

Hey everybody.
So I recently got a vapcap as my first vape, and I’m really liking it. I’ve been using it out of my old flower piece (big beaker bong with 3 slit downstem) but the other day my friend suggested that it might be better out of something more like a dab rig.
His reasoning was that dab rigs usually have more percolation and are smaller, leading to more bubbles (better for vapor according to him, not sure why) and better for flavor because of less water volume/contact with the glass. (Again, not sure why, since water Filtration wouldn’t remove non polar things like thc, cbd & terpenes, right? I mean maybe if it’s smaller it leads to better flavor because of a denser hit?) I also noticed as I was cleaning it that the resin looks more like reclaim than it did when I combusted, which made me think he might be right.

So my questions are as follows:

Do any of you have a piece/perc you find functions better for vapes over any other? Should I be looking at something more like a dab rig or does it really even matter?

Is it worth getting something like a reclaim catcher to use with it? Is the resin as good as it looks? Not sure if it’d be better because there’s no combusting.

anda1anda2

A lot comes down to personal preference. Also, some pieces work better with specific vapes/adapters than others.

In general water can alter flavor. Some strains more than others. I notice after a few sessions the water definitely smells like terpenes.

A lot of people also think flavor diminishes with more perculation rather than less. It’s not enough of a difference for me to care.

I personally prefer more percolation with dry herb vapes due to the added smoothness. It sometimes tastes different than vaping dry, but it still tastes great. I enjoy switching between the two.

You can definitely reuse the reclaimed oil. It is a much higher quality subtance than combustion resin. I don’t bother with it, but plenty of folks do.

MasonJar

I agree that it comes down to personal preference... I ordered three bongs from DHGate and these arrived a few weeks ago... I have now tried them all with my OmniVong XL and when it comes to retaining flavor, I prefer the smaller bong that had the least amount of water and the simplest percolation.

Bongs03.jpg

Here is the DHGate link to this bong: https://www.dhgate.com/product/7-24-inch-glass-water-pipe-14mm-female-dab/409584593.html

My other two bongs are the D020-D and the D020 from the Sunshinestore... Both are very good too when used with the vapcap but the one above wins (slightly) when it comes to retaining flavor.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
@hans solo, I've tried carbonated water. I've tried Apple juice, flavored water, green tea, black tea, flavored waters, then I stopped, figuring I'd tried enough. Nothing struck me to where I'd keep it up. Still, I might get high and be bored, and it might seem like something to try again. Did you like it?
Now I kind of want to drop a hibiscus flower in a bong. The kind they have in the blooming tea pots? I won't. I'd never get it out. Phew. Glad I stopped my stoned self there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom