vapor question

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
mcchronic said:
the mflb seems harder to use(i do not know for sure though, just seems that way from threads i have read). i want the easiest vaporizer possible. i do like the fact that you can pack a trench then put rubber band on it and put it in pocket.

Sorry, I meant to say something about that.

It's true that some people take a while to get the hang of the LB. It's also true that many people have no trouble at all. Since you've read the thread here then you know that technique is important and that's why the variation. It isn't hard to arrive at the technique that works best for you if you just follow the guidelines in the Vaporpedia article linked from my sig. Also, it's a one-time effort like learning to ride a bike: once you've got it you won't forget it. Don't let that stop you from getting the LB.

pakalolo,

mcchronic

in the vaporpedia article it says that most people use it without a stem. does that make much of a differance? i would rather use the stem. also, if an average trench is 0.1 how many hits could i get off that? and how many vapor hits equal smoke hits? like, i read that you need more hits with a vaporizer to feel high but even though you need more hits its still more efficent. thanks for the help.

mcchronic,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
mcchronic said:
in the vaporpedia article it says that most people use it without a stem. does that make much of a differance? i would rather use the stem. also, if an average trench is 0.1 how many hits could i get off that? and how many vapor hits equal smoke hits? like, i read that you need more hits with a vaporizer to feel high but even though you need more hits its still more efficent. thanks for the help.

The stem does make a difference. It concentrates the vapor and so hits will seem a bit milkier. Some people find that because it focuses the vapour stream in one small spot, it bothers their throat. Others say that it cools the stream for them. I don't know who's right, I only ever tried my stem once.

I don't use the stem for several reasons. The stem makes the LB less stealthy. It's clear acrylic and small enough to "disappear" if you drop it--until you step on it, since acrylic isn't too robust. It adds area for your vapour to condense on, or in other words, less in your lungs. That means it will get dirty and eventually clog. It's not for me, but you might like it.

No one can predict how many hits per trench you'll get, but I used to say I get about 15-20. The other day I actually counted. I am getting closer to 25-30 hits per trench. The thing is, that is with my grind not yours, my hit technique not yours, my material not yours. Your mileage will vary. All of those variables can make a big difference.

I don't agree that it takes more hits to get high from vaping, but even if that were true it misses the point. Gram for gram, you unquestionably get more active components out of your material by vaping because combustion destroys some of them. If you smoke joints or pipes, a huge amount of your material just floats away into the atmosphere. A bong will capture it but that includes all the nasty toxins that combustion produces, and of course it can't recover the goodies that burned up. Besides, I can get buzzed on a single hit from either of my vaporizers, so for me there's no way it takes more hits than smoking used to. Again, everyone's different.

pakalolo,

mcchronic

thanks for reply pakololo. i think i would use the stem if i were inside with other people but if i were by myself i probably wouldn't. an average trench is around 0.1 right? is there any way to connect it to a bong or is that pointless with such a small vaporizer? also do you ever kief from grinder(if you have one that collects it) in mf? i have seen on here that people use it in pd but i was thinking i could just collect all my abv and all my kief and just add kief to abv then smoke it.

mcchronic,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
mcchronic said:
thanks for reply pakololo. i think i would use the stem if i were inside with other people but if i were by myself i probably wouldn't. an average trench is around 0.1 right? is there any way to connect it to a bong or is that pointless with such a small vaporizer? also do you ever kief from grinder(if you have one that collects it) in mf? i have seen on here that people use it in pd but i was thinking i could just collect all my abv and all my kief and just add kief to abv then smoke it.

You could do that, but it would probably taste of ABV (i.e. not nice). I collect kief because I don't really notice any loss of potency in the ground buds. Obviously there is some, but I can't feel it. I prefer to use the kief to kick a trench or bowl up a couple of notches when I want something really special. I will go as high as a 50-50 mix, which will really knock your socks off.

I've done pure kief in the LB but only once, just to see how it worked out. Several others here do it routinely I gather. The LB can handle it. Some people fear that kief will clog the screen, but I saw no sign of that at all. Kief will kind of melt together if it's not mixed with bud, so I had to break it up between hits. It crumbles to the touch so that's no big deal. It only took three or four hits and it was done. It was an interesting experience but I'll stick to mixing it.

As for attaching the LB to a bong, there are people who have done this. I have no idea what connectors they used, ask in the MFLB thread. It's not that it is pointless, since it will work if you go to the trouble, but if you want something to let you use your glass to vaporize, there are far better options. One of the considerations for me would be that I gauge my hits partly by the heat of my draw, which clearly wouldn't work through filtration.

pakalolo,

mcchronic

thanks for reply. i was thinking i would just save up all my abv and kief until weekend, then smoke all the kief and make firecrackers so i have crazy weekends. also, i have enough money for both myrtlezap and magic flight, but do i need 2? obviously having 2 would be nice but i feel as though i only need one. whats your opinion?
the myrtlezap would be my daily driver and the magic flight would be my portable get high anywhere vap. i don't know though. it seems like a lot of money for 2 things that pretty much do the same thing, which is provide a safe, effective vapor.

mcchronic,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
mcchronic: My advice is worth what you pay for it, but you asked, so I'll tell you.

If it were me I would buy both because once you use start using a vaporizer you will not want to ever be without one again. My first vaporizer was the Extreme and my wife and I fell in love with it immediately. Then one day I broke the glass heater cover and we had to go back to combustion for a night. I never ever want that to happen again, so the next day I ordered a LB. Now I have two LBs (one was a gift) and the Extreme.

I've never used the MZ or any log vape, but I like the looks of them and it seems that most people who own them are enthusiastic about them.

pakalolo,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
In my eyes... I have to have multiple vapes. I want no excuse to go back to combustion...need backup.

BUT

Different vapes are good for different situations as well. With a log vape at home and an LB to travel you would have versatility as well as backup. Plus the LB would allow you to go to higher temp ranges if you need to.

Get one and then if you take to vaping....you will want another vape ;) just sayin' :2c:

Lo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I have to agree with pakalolo and Lo. When I first started vaping, I ordered a Hot Box, since that was what I had tried first. While good in a group, it just blew through the herb. Plus, the fixed temp tended to scorch the herb if you weren't careful. Then, I started really doing some homework. I ended up with the Zap. Although it came with a car cord, I couldn't see myself using it in the car as a "portable," and wanted something that didn't tie me to the wall. So, I ordered an LB. Different vapes, for different needs.

momofthegoons,

mcchronic

thanks for responses. i think i am definitly getting magic flight because i can use that at my house and else where. but i do kind of want a home vaporizer too. if i do get a home vaporizer, it would be either da buddha or myrtlezap. both cost the same. i just don't know if i need a home vaporizer.

mcchronic,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I guess it just all depends on how bad the vape bug hits you. Speaking for myself, I got bit pretty bad. :lol:

momofthegoons,

mcchronic

i am just worried i will get one vap and be upset after i get it and would rather have the other. i will probably get magic flight but for home use i am considering extreme, da buddha, or myrtlezap. the myrtlezap is efficent but if i get another one when i need effiency i will use magic flight. i usually pack small bowls so i could have efficency with da buddha and extreme.
every weekend i would use one of these vaporizers with one or two friends. very rarely would there be more people. myrtlezap is nice because it is easy to use and is very efficenct. da buddha is nice because it gives you great hits. extreme is nice because it has bag and whip.
i am sorry i keep changing my mind and keep asking noob questions.

mcchronic,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
lol, it's all good. I can't answer on the vapes I haven't tried or own. But I can say that there are different needs. The Zap and the LB are similar in that they, IMO, aren't great with other people. For sharing, the other vapes might be better. But for personal use, again IMO, the Zap can't be beat, especially when using top shelf herb. And for portable use, as well as personal use, the LB is great. What more can I say? I think you just need to flip a coin and dive in and place an order. Any way you decide to go, I don't think you will be sorry.

momofthegoons,

mcchronic

thanks for response. i think i am going to flip a coin. heads for just magic flight. tails for myrtlezap. then another one is heads for extreme q and tails is magic flight and extreme q. then another one will be heads magic flight and myrtlezap and tails is just to smoke with a good bong. limit down then limit it down again.

mcchronic,
Top Bottom