• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

vapor question

mcchronic

momofthegoons-thanks for clarifying. i could afford both...i have around 450 in extra cash and was gonna spend rest on bud. i dont really think i need 2 vapes for 250 bucks. having both would be cool though...

beezlab-i had the vaporbrothers for around 5 months then sold it to someone(regreted it later but needed cash). my friend has a volcano, vaporgenie, and ssv. then at a party i tried extreme q. and pitt looks real good this year.

now that i think about it though, every time i have vaped i have smoked. because my usual session when i owned one was vap a bowl smoke a bowl vap a bowl. and my friend always packed a bowl while we waited for them to heat up. it seems crazy but i don't think i have every just vaped. is the high that much differant? like, when i smoke then vape i feel sort of feel less foggy and hazy but not by a signifact amount because i always smoked afterwards.
do a lot of people not like the high? I definitly want one but if i really don't like the high then i will be mad that i just spent over a 100 bucks.

mcchronic,

mcchronic

sorry for two posts in a row but i was wondering if you guys think i should get mflb and a half ounce of great stuff or the mflb and myrtlezap and a quarter of same stuff. thanks.

mcchronic,

george

mcchronic said:
sorry for two posts in a row but i was wondering if you guys think i should get mflb and a half ounce of great stuff or the mflb and myrtlezap and a quarter of same stuff. thanks.

...why dont you decide what you want. You could do one or the other, but i'm sure you'll be satisfied either way. From what you've read, decide if the mflb is sufficient enough for what you want. Or do you need a plug in vape to go with it? I think the myrtlzap and mflb would compliment each other greatly.

george,
george said:
mcchronic said:

...why dont you decide what you want. You could do one or the other, but i'm sure you'll be satisfied either way. From what you've read, decide if the mflb is sufficient enough for what you want. Or do you need a plug in vape to go with it? I think the myrtlzap and mflb would compliment each other greatly.

Never used a Myrtlzap or any other type of log vape. Log vapes seem to be all about efficient, small hits, which the MFLB is already kind of already about. I think a mflb paired up with something that can hit larger would be the way to go if you had two vapes - a vapobowl + bong/sherlock, glass vaporgenie, SSV, etc..

charliedontsurf,

mcchronic

thanks for reply. i was going to get with the myrtlezap and mflb a bong. a small acyrlic if i get both or a really nice glass if i get just mflb. i had a 2 ft tall bong that was over 200 and was very very nice but it broke so recently i have been hitting my small bowl. so no matter what i will still have a big hitting piece

mcchronic,

mcchronic

:peace:
stinkmeaner said:
Many if not most vapes can be efficient if you use them accordingly, a simple way is to start the temperature lower and raise it as you go instead of turning it up all the way and taking monster rips from the get go, the SSV is known to get 15 rips from a single bowl.

If you plan on using this with friends and taking it places do you really want to worry about how long you have a vape unplugged for? I think most of the people recommending are just doing so because they like the MZ and not because it is best for the thread starters recommendation, and the Magic Flight is great for a second vape but do you really think he wants his first and only vape to be a little wood box that he has to shake every 2 seconds and worry about popping a battery in and out to stop it from burning. I am sure he wants his first purchase to be a machine, something with wow factor when he takes it to friends houses.

When Silver Surfers are priced as low as $190 brand new on Ebay I would have to say go for the Silver Surfer simply because they heat up fast, are plenty efficient, look nice, great for sharing, and have a cool factor that will impress your friends. The MyrtleZap is a fine vape, that's clear from the reviews but it just doesn't seem right for your needs if you want to take to friends houses or maybe even an occasional party.
I don't even own the Silver Surfer and don't even really like the company but I can't deny it, they do make a reliable product and one of my friends has owned one for at least 2 years with no problems whatsoever.

thanks for reply. if i were to get a 7th floor product i'd get the cheaper da buddah. that was the first vaporizer i looked at but people said it wasn't as efficent as the myrtlezap and mflb. but i was sort of thinking about the box thing. like, 100 for a little box that runs on batteries seems like a lot and it wouldn't impress people.
but, it seems like it is the best portable vap so i was pretty set on that. but, now you have brought my intrest into da buddah back. out of the three, which is the easiest to use? i know myrtlezap is most efficent and has least chance of combustion so that seems like its best homevap.
is the myrtlezap really that much more efficent than the mflb and da buddah? all 3 are more efficent than smoking but is that big of a differance between the 3? thanks for replys and sorry if i repeated myself at all, i am pretty high right now.

mcchronic,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
My understanding is that the DBV is not as efficient as the Zap or LB. I do not own one, but do have a cheaper whip style vape (the Hot Box, which gets no love here on this forum). While I realize you can't really compare the two, a whip style vape will usually go through more herb than a log style vape or the LB.

I understand your trepidation in purchasing a vape. It's a lot of money and you want to make sure you get the right one. You also want to make sure you really enjoy vaping. My recommendation, at this point, is for you to try some of your friends vapes without smoking to see if you enjoy the high as much. Try it a few times. Then, you can decide if you even want to make the expenditure. If you decide you do, continue your reading on the vapes that interest you.

For me, the Zap is the perfect vape. But for you? Maybe not. As anxious as you are to make your purchase, it might be worth it for you to hold off until you are more sure of what you want.

momofthegoons,

stinkmeaner

mcchronic said:
thanks for reply. if i were to get a 7th floor product i'd get the cheaper da buddah. that was the first vaporizer i looked at but people said it wasn't as efficent as the myrtlezap and mflb.:

That is why I mentioned that you can get a Silver Surfer for $190 on Ebay, the cheapest Da Buddha is $154, the Silver Surfer is a much better deal at that discount.

People should really be careful when they get into this efficiency thing on the net because it gets blown way out of proportion, a newb would read this thread and assume that the Silver Surfer is just going to burn through herb when that is not the case. Unless you are trying to make a gram last for the rest of your life or your the type of person that takes 2 puffs a day then I wouldn't get so caught up in the efficiency debate, if you do a Google search (Silver Surfer or Da Buddha Vaporizer Efficiency) or a search through this board, you will find that new vaporists are surprised at the efficiency of the Silver Surfer or Da Buddha.

stinkmeaner,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
mcchronic said:
like, 100 for a little box that runs on batteries seems like a lot and it wouldn't impress people.

My experience is precisely the opposite: people are hugely impressed when I demonstrate the LB, and the MFLB thread is full of people who have gotten the same reaction. The ones familiar with vaporizing are also impressed by the price, they don't see it as a lot of money for what it can do.

pakalolo,

mcchronic

momofthegoons-thanks for reply but i have to order a vaporizer soon because i can't order it to my house and my friend wants to order it for me soon.

stinkmeiner-i like the hands free da buddha better and da buddha looks easier without having to turn it the whip.

pakalolo-i have thought about it and the magic flight does seem like the perfect vaporizer for me. but now i
am deciding if i should get a home vap or not. myrtlezap would be my first choice as a homevap but i don't know if i need it.

i am definitly getting magic flight because it seems perfect for everything i need in a vaporizer. efficent, relitivly easy to use, stealthy, not very expensive, and very portable. but can that be used as my daily workhorse?
monday to thursday i usually only smoke a bowl once or twice a day. on weekends i usually smoke like 3 or 4 times a day and have a couple bowls each time. will the batteries be a problem for me? i was planning on getting 2 extra batteries and at my house i have this: http://www.amazon.com/Rayovac-position-easy-charger-batteries/dp/B003D7LHJU
a rayovac easy charger. will that work with the magic flight and will it be able to handle my daily needs? thanks for responses.

mcchronic,

fixitman

mcchronic said:
i am definitly getting magic flight because it seems perfect for everything i need in a vaporizer. efficent, relitivly easy to use, stealthy, not very expensive, and very portable. but can that be used as my daily workhorse?
monday to thursday i usually only smoke a bowl once or twice a day. on weekends i usually smoke like 3 or 4 times a day and have a couple bowls each time. will the batteries be a problem for me? i was planning on getting 2 extra batteries and at my house i have this: http://www.amazon.com/Rayovac-position-easy-charger-batteries/dp/B003D7LHJU
a rayovac easy charger. will that work with the magic flight and will it be able to handle my daily needs? thanks for responses.

I recently bought a Magic Flight and can recommend it. :edit: It is my first and only "modern" vaporizer.:edit:

Magic Flight recommends min. of 2000 Mah batteries. I was unable to determine the ratings of the batteries in your link.
Check out the great work done by pakalolo http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magic-Flight_Launch_Box there is a section on batteries and another on chargers.
From your description I probably use a bit less than you and i've never had a jones :lol: for a charged battery (I only have the two that came with but i mostly use one battery per day). I can't really know how our use may differ.... but based only on what you said unless you leave home to go spend a sat. with several friends who'll all be using the Box I doubt you'll need more than 4 batteries.

fixitman,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
mcchronic: What fixitman said.

The LB can handle the usage you described easily, and you can count on getting at least one trench per battery. I tend to get about two, sometimes a bit more. The LB is a fine choice, and you will not regret it.

pakalolo,

mcchronic

fixitman-thanks for reply. i would say i smoke like 10 times a week. 6-8 times on weekends and 6 on weekdays. that is including friday as a weekend because i have friday, saturday, and sunday off so i smoke a lot more those days. usually i smoke by myself about half of those times. then other times i smoke with people i would only use vap with like 3 or 4 people, 5 at most though. most of time its just me and two or three of my friends.
pakalolo-thanks for reply. i will probably charge all my batteries every night but is there a chance to overcharge batteries? also, how long would 4 batteries from site last? at least like 2 or 3 years i was hoping just because i probably can't order special ones for a few years or until my roomate a(stops caring or b(moves out or c(i move out.

thanks everyone for help

mcchronic,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
mcchronic said:
i will probably charge all my batteries every night but is there a chance to overcharge batteries? also, how long would 4 batteries from site last? at least like 2 or 3 years i was hoping just because i probably can't order special ones for a few years or until my roomate a(stops caring or b(moves out or c(i move out.

That depends entirely on how many times you charge them. NiMH batteries have a limited life based primarily on charge cycles. Allowing them to overheat shortens that life.

You can overheat them on discharge, either from accidental contact being made between the positive terminal and the negative casing (so always use the rubber caps) or most likely from letting them make contact in the LB for several minutes ( :ko: uhhh what was I doing :o :uhoh: ohshit... :mad: ). Overheating on charging would probably be from using a dumb or faulty charger, or from charging too fast. The charger that comes with the LB is smart enough not to damage your batteries unless you leave them in it for several days, but it's not a 15 minute charger. It takes about two hours to charge two nearly depleted batteries, which is fast enough for me.

Assuming you use one battery each time you vape, that's around 500 times a year. Maha Imedions, which is the type you will get with your LB, are advertised as having a 1000 cycle lifetime and you get two of them so that's 2000 recharge cycles worth. You'll be fine, especially since a battery will usually last more than one trench, you might not use a trench every time, and of course Maha is almost certainly being conservative in estimating the lifetime.

Having said that, they are only special because they have had their coverings removed. You can use any AA NiMH rechargeable of 2000 mAH capacity or better, and it will work. Some are much better than others, and some manufacturers lie about their battery capabilities, so it's best to check the thread here before buying, but it wouldn't be hard at all to get more.

pakalolo,

mcchronic

thanks for reply pakalolo. if i use the charger i listed above, would the lifetime of batteries be shortened and would they charge faster or slower? also, i am curious are mids or dank better in it? i know dank is better smoking, but mids are drier and cost a lot less.

mcchronic,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
mcchronic said:
thanks for reply pakalolo. if i use the charger i listed above, would the lifetime of batteries be shortened and would they charge faster or slower? also, i am curious are mids or dank better in it? i know dank is better smoking, but mids are drier and cost a lot less.

If you mean the charger supplied with the LB, it is a modest charger that will not reduce the life of your batteries unless you leave them in it for several days at a time. It is a two hour charger, but the actual time depends on how much charge was left in the batteries, and is often shorter. I recommend you read the battery and charger sections of the Vaporpedia article linked in my sig.

The LB won't change the relative quality of your stash. If A is better than B when smoked, then vaping them won't make B somehow improve over A. You'll have to judge for yourself whether the cost difference is worth it.

pakalolo,

mcchronic

hey guys my friend just said he can't order it for me anymore :mad:. my roommate can't know i am ordering a vap so i can't get one. also, i don't have a credit card so that's another reason i needed my friend.
the nearest headshop with anything decent is a 3 and a half hour drive and they only have 2 vaporizers and both are very crappy looking china-made ones for 50 bucks. so...this sucks. what would you guys recommend i do? all i have is a bowl and an arylic bong. theres gas stations and small tobacco shops that sell bowls and stuff but nothing else.
what should i do? :mad: sorry for rant and sorry for wasting your guys time. thanks everyone. if you have any advice on how i can get one that'd be cool.

mcchronic,
like i said funny ha :lol: hey mcchronic call magic-flite tell em u dont hav credit card may b they take cash or money order dunno ? ask

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

mcchronic

thanks for reply but i can't get it sent to my house so i do not know where to send it to.

mcchronic,
ask the headshop gas station or tobacko shop to carry it, if they dont want to, ask em if u can hav it delivered there & u pik up, 4 the favor perhaps b gud patron :cool:

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

mcchronic

thanks everyone for help. i bought a bong from gas station and i am ordering a vaporizer soon. i am still not decided between the myrtlezap and magic flight. it will only be used by at the most 3 people. it will be used by me everyday by myself then on weekends i will smoke with friends and occasionaly vap with one or two people.
i listed out all the pro's and cons and they match up evenly. if any of you have had problems with either vaporizer please tell me. i have read the whole entire mflb thread on here and the whole entire aromazap/myrtlezap thread and i still can't decide.
pros of myrtlezap
most efficent vaporizer on market(tied with purple days and woodeez from my understanding)
not as much of a learning curve compared to magic flight
no dealing with batteries
less chance of combustion
always ready to hit
cons of myrtlezap
not portable
more expensive than mflb
30 minute warm up time(if i unplug it)
pros of magic flight
portable
cheaper
quicker to use(if i didn't already warm up mz)
cons of magic flight
batteries seem like they could be annoying(just my opinion)
easier chance of combustion
more of a learing curve
not as efficent
can only work if you have charged batteries

sorry for long post and for asking so many questions. this just seems to be the best place to ask them. i have 2 friends that have vaporizers and they don't know much about them. they just know that they don't produce smoke lol. i just want to get the best bang for my money and am very indecisive when it comes to expensive purchases. thank you

mcchronic,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Disclosure: I own the Launch Box and love it, and I have never used a MZ.

The most obvious difference to me is in the flexibility the LB provides. It goes where I go, and it's small enough to use unnoticed almost anywhere. I am willing to trade off the battery issues for that alone.

Speaking of batteries, I find battery management to be trivial. Most batteries last me at least a day, usually two, and at least two trenches. I have eight batteries, which is way too many for me. I could get by with two easily. Unless you are doing most of your vaping away from your battery charger, I don't think that battery management should be a problem.

On the point of efficiency: I see this a lot with reference to the MZ, and I know it is probably the most effective in getting you buzzed on the tiniest amount of material, but it is a fixed temperature vaporizer. That means it leaves a lot of desirable components in its ABV. A variable temperature device like the Extreme (digital) or even the LB (draw-controlled) can extract more than the MZ can from the herb, so really I don't think the efficiency argument is as cut-and-dried as it is often made out to be. If I want to extract those extra goodies I have to do something with the ABV, either take it to a vaporizer capable of higher temperatures or do some other processing like making swamp water or cooking or QWISO extraction.

None of which really matters. You might as well face up to it now: eventually you'll wind up owning both of them.

Edited because I am stupid and typed PD everywhere I should have typed MZ.

pakalolo,

lwien

pakalolo said:
On the point of efficiency: I see this a lot with reference to the MZ, and I know it is probably the most effective in getting you buzzed on the tiniest amount of material, but it is a fixed temperature vaporizer. That means it leaves a lot of desirable components in its ABV. A variable temperature device like the Extreme (digital) or even the LB (draw-controlled) can extract more than the MZ can from the herb, so really I don't think the efficiency argument is as cut-and-dried as it is often made out to be.

Ummm........I don't know man. My PD will get my ABV to a very uniform, very very dark brown, just shy of black. It's totally cashed and if I wanted to get anymore CBD/CBN's from it, I'd have to combust the ABV. Absolutely no need to put it into another vape. The Myrtle MZ does run a bit cooler being that it is made from Myrtlewood versus Cherry.

So in my experience, with the PD anyways, I have no need for a variable temp vape, unless I want huge hits at low temps.........say around 325 to 350f. But then, I have an ASH PD for that.

lwien,

mcchronic

thank you pakalolo. i was just gonna smoke the abv after vaporizering it or make firecrackers. i am just worried about having the battery die in middle of session then having to wait around an hour or two until the battery is charged. also, the mflb seems harder to use(i do not know for sure though, just seems that way from threads i have read). i want the easiest vaporizer possible. i do like the fact that you can pack a trench then put rubber band on it and put it in pocket.
I probably will end up owning both but i won't have the other one(which ever one i don't get) for at least a few months. after i get these two, i was going to get extreme q just so i have every type of vaporizer i need. bag filler, whip, portable, and efficent log type. but i am only going to have one for at least 4 or 5 month, but most likely towards a year or more though, then i am going to buy either the mflb or mz, then after that the extreme. i already have a bong and bowl and i am getting a nice bong soon so i will be set lol.

mcchronic,
Top Bottom