Vapor or smoke? Specific question

Status
Not open for further replies.

swmish

From what I understand, or so I thought, when vapor is released into the air it wants to disperse evenly. It wants to spread out evenly in a "puff" and rise quickly. Smoke likes to stay together and flow more "snake like" in the air. You could also describe it as a genie coming out of a lamp, I guess.

Now lately, I have been seeing what appears to be flowing like smoke, but each time I check inside everything is still a fresh green color.

I am confused because it appears to be smoke, but nothing is burned. Often times there is no major color change, let alone black. I've never seen a true black before. Can vapor be "snake like" too if it's thick enough? I must be missing something here. Science lessons are welcome (I like science). :)

swmish,

OF

I am confused because it appears to be smoke, but nothing is burned. Often times there is no major color change, let alone black. I've never seen a true black before. Can vapor be "snake like" too if it's thick enough? I must be missing something here. Science lessons are welcome (I like science). :)

Welcome to the Forum. It's easy to get confused for sure. There's a wild card in here, aerosols. Normally, vapor is a gas and therefore behaves like a gas and spreads evenly throughout the vessel. Individual molecules mixed in with the Nitrogen, Oxygen and other gas molecules.

Enter aerosols. Basically very fine solids 'floating on the air'. Like aerosol paints (which are liquid droplets for the most part), groups of molecules. Like fog rather than moist air.

That's what smoke is (which is why it's tough on your lungs.....), aerosols. The THC vapor we crave is simply condensed vapor in the form of an aerosol when we first see it. As soon as it cools below 390F or so.

Technically we probably should be calling it aerosols, but that would make us aerosolists and who knows what to call the gear......I think it's plenty confusing enough calling it vapor, don't you?

Short answer, what you see it quite normal. "Smoke like" vapor as the THC is extracted slowly with major color changes in the bud as it's nearly gone.

You don't want burned, that's another forum all together......

Best wishes.

OF

OF,

djonkoman

my observations/experiences are about opposite... my experiene from seeing exhaled smoke is that it always forms puffs or clouds, but never those 'threads' or aurora borealis like forms. smoke seems o dissipate quicker, untill you compare it after a while with air outside the room. so it spreads more through the room. while with vapor I something get structures that keep floating in the air pretty long, but once those strutures are disspated the vapor has disappeared from sight entirely

djonkoman,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom