Vapor odor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section.I wish to inquire to the experienced vape users here about a dilemma. So right to it, I currently live in an apartment that allows cigarettes to be smoked and is genuinely a quite area. I use to use a one hitter with a sploof, ozium, air wick lavender, a smoke eliminate candle and an incense ,with a cigarette in the smoke room, with a oil diffuser, candle and air purifier out in the living room. (Overkill I know) and have been doing this for a year and a half, well recently a few new couples moved in (known to be stoners) and began smoking in their living rooms all Willy nilly. The smell became a problem to the point of a general letter and old people sniffing like bloodhound even at the smell of food. Since the letter I still resume my ritual (3x a day) and haven't heard anything anymore.After research I purchased a mflb(be here tomorrow) I know vapes still smell, I'm just curious do you think my current set up is enough with the mflb.at least enough to not go into the hallway or become noticeable. Walking isn't a option since I have had complete knee reconstruction, and a window open seems sketchy. (Additional info:small 7x7 room baseboard heating and one window)

lwien

Welcome to FC.

I vaporize in my apartment and no one can smell it. As a matter of fact, the manger lives right next door to me. She knows I vaporize and I asked her if she could smell anything. Her answer...........nothing and I'm using an LSV which is a cloud machine and should smell a lot.

And being that the MFLB is one of the least smelling vapes on the market, I don't think you will have any issues.

Just an fyi. I don't know how many people here consider themselves "stoners" in the typical sense of the word. I know I don't.

My bad if I offended I wanted to use something laughable and eye catching, thank you for the replie,I live under my landlord so I can share that feeling. I never had a complaint when combusting. Again thank you for the replie

hoptimum

My bad if I offended I wanted to use something laughable and eye catching, thank you for the replie,I live under my landlord so I can share that feeling. I never had a complaint when combusting. Again thank you for the replie

no offense taken, and welcome to the forum. you will be amazed how little odor you will produce vaporizing. Just have a little circulation like a fan or open window to disperse it

HD Springer

I get into more trouble with the wife on the smell of raw bud.My eq pulling huge clouds never gets smelled.
if a person is smart about it and thoughtful of others vaping is the perfect answer.The only thing about vaping for me is it needs to be higher end bud.Any thing less than B+ material I don't feel vaping producs a whole lot for me.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
You may find the smell from grinding your herb will linger in a room a lot longer then a couple trenches in the mflb. Also a very different odor from smoking, it's more aromatic like fresh herb so that's a bonus if people smell others burning they often won't place the smell of vapor as being MJ unless they handle buds themselves.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I have no problem being called a stoner. If I did, I'd need to find another wife. :lol:

Most vapes throw very little odor, compared to combusting. Convection vapes are better than conduction, for minimizing odors, but the MFLB throws very little itself. Good luck!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
You shouldn't have any problem at all, especially with the MFLB. It takes a little practice, but I've used mine inside theaters (not packed, but not empty) and exhaled down my shirt with no one being the wiser. I have a friend who combusts (vaping is a waste in his opinion - ugh!) that would freak out if he had any idea what I was up to . He's sat 2 seats away from me while doing this and had no idea. I wouldn't sit down for a fresh session like this, but works great for topping off with a couple hits as long as no more than every 15 - 20 minutes. As others mentioned above... grinding good nugs will usually produce more and longer lasting smell.

Thank you all for the replies,very reassuring. I'll always take the necessary precautions ,try to stay low key,may just move apartments, if the others don't keep it down and the sketchy behavior continues

Skyscraper

Hey man, it's their problem. Let that couple deal with it, if they can be pegged as "stoners" so easily then it won't take long. You have your thing that works and nobody seems to be the wiser. Don't make it more trouble than it's worth.

However, the switch to vaporizing was a great idea. It won't smell outside your apartment at all. You'll also save on weed, and your lungs will clean themselves out if you keep vaping for a while. The MFLB is good as shit, read the booklet it comes with and give yourself several sessions to work with it.. It will deliver.

I need to get new batteries for mine and bring it back in rotation. I've disregarded it for a while

VAPEHUNTER

Check out the exhaust vent I set up in my garage. It might be a little over kill for you, but if you're handy it might be just what you're looking for.

Having a family I was never really big on "hot boxing" the garage and I hate leaving the garage cracked open so it can air out.
So with about $12.00 in materials this is what I came up with.

This is the side of my garage where most of my Vaping is done. I hide all my toys on shelves behind a few tapestries.
VTP35rk.jpg

When the tapestries are pulled up it looks like this.
96kbNaa.jpg

What you want to pay close attention to is this box of rags.
xyzkE7B.jpg

Underneath the trap door is the fan.
uRFKNrM.jpg

Here is what the back looks like.
zXMvw4D.jpg

Here is a little video showing the path of my exhaust duct from the box of rags to a vent leading outside my garage.

Here are two videos of it in action.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Have an air tight container to keep your bud in. Also if you grind a head put that in an airtight container too. The bud itself will smell more than using the vaporizer, when the cannabis is just heating up in the unit it will smell the most.

Most of the time just something like food cooking will cover up any smells. The vapor smell doesn't linger, it goes away quickly. It's so nice not to have to worry about the smell of stinky smoke any longer.

beach bum

I was gonna use the bag and tin.also a cup of coffee inside the same drawer (not liquid of course ,the bean)

I agree with @CarolKing about the airtight container. A bag/tin combo may still be a bit stinky. You can use a mason jar if you want to stay basic (or other smell proof containers like Jaryz or CV). Then no need for the coffee! ;)

Oh..and keep your vape, grinder and other tools clean-they can smell a bit too. :2c::peace:

psycro

Hippo Lungz
As others said the storage is a bigger problem regarding smell than is the vaping process. An option (but costly) is to install a carbon filter + fan to eliminate all smells in your appartement, but actuall cigarette and weed smoke will saturate the filter very quickly.

I dig it, will be ordering. Thank you for all the replies. If the smell of the grinder herbs is moreover overwhelming then I'm not to worried ,that can be handled. Thank you all again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom