jambandphan03

in flavor country
So I gave it a couple of warm up tries, then decided to film it... it was still hot, so I had inserted the Lithe into the sheath:brow: , then removed the top, leaving the top inside the sheath. I found this to be good not only to handle a hot top, but to keep it from getting away from you while you are working with the bat. Makes it easy to put back on as well. First hit is a bit thin, until it gets warmed up. This thing has a whistle, the harder I hit the louder it got... so I don't know how stealthy that is. I have not used it with yellow flame yet, or even dry, so I need to play some more...

The taste so far, has a bit of a sweet vanilla/woody taste along with the vapor, so I don't know how the taste will change over time. Might be the wax used to treat the wood that I taste. I know on Ed's wood stems I have tasted a sort of peach undertone.

So far I like it on a water piece. :tup: I suppose in a desperate time, with no glass around, you could fashion a water bottle or something crude but effective with this.

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
Im getting one soon too..curious if it would work with a 14mm fitting? It seems you need to get it most of the way into the downstem to create a good seal and that sucker looks beefy..

Nbajunkie,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
it fits better in a 14mm, at least the one I just got does. I just slid an O ring on it about half way and that seems to be all it takes to make a good seal. a small piece of silicone tubing would do it too.

...btw, I was instructed on Youtube that the whistle shouldn't be so bad, to check the diffuser for burrs. I unscrewed the little diffuser in the metal cap, and ran a dental brush through the little holes and it has nearly eliminated that loud whistle sound. :tup:

**also like to add that once again, the $40 bub does not disappoint! The Lithe+14mm reducer+$40 bub make a very nice set up. I can't believe how much I love this tiny bubbler!! :D

Nbajunkie

Nice,Im excited to buy this vape next. Seems to be a low risk ,high reward type deal. Sure beats lugging my UD and glass around. Sure hate riding dirty too, But this 50 dollar piece will help me breathe easy..When Im out n about.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I'm enjoying the Lithe dry, with just a yellow flame today. Starting to get the hang of it. I do have a question, how full should the chamber be for best performance? I know not to over pack it, but should it be full, partial full, etc.??

jambandphan03,

mephisto

Hey Jam, I remember the original brass model wanted a 50% fill. The newer aluminum model has a deeper chamber, but I would go for about half full. I found that too full caused slight combustion of the herb which migrates into the head during heating.

justcametomind

I always get a lot of stuff by mail. I wonder what the postman will think about this small package from Colombia :D
I should have asked for the expensive shipping :D

justcametomind,

Nbajunkie

Just bought the exotic light brown..It was a tough desicion. Between buying Vitolos LB in the classifieds or this. But I talked to my lady and she told me "Why would you buy something you just got rid of?" And shes right as usual...:rolleyes: Im all about simple and simply vaping.Theres a reason why I got rid of the smelly resin soaked box and although I loved the size.Its a pain to keep track of all the little things in your pocket or where ever..
Where was I.?...I got the int12$ shipping... My lighters going to have a new best friend soon, move over squares:p

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Yep i remeber a friend wanted the lithe and since the oil attachment was comming soon.. he decided to wait.. well he got a VG from a LHS.
Funny thing is the maker told me to go ahead and soon when the oil attachment is out he would sent it for free.. well ... Dont know what to say :). I hope it comes in the future.. and it is not a forgotten idea.

Abysmal Vapor,

Nbajunkie

My package arrived today..I whent over to my buddies,I let my combusting friend try it first..He was highly impressed and said he liked it alot more than the mflb.He pulled out some dense clouds on his second try...Im still trying to get the hang of it...It works and Ive been able to produce some nice clouds off and on, but not without a bic after taste.It does get super hot and ive dropped the screw on cap twice...But it just works and its amazing to me how simple it is..:).Only used it a couple times,so more testing needs to be done. .but so far so good

edit- Gotta give this little guy points on portability..This is way easier to use while Im driving than my mflb ever was

Nbajunkie

Flame vapes are underrated...my Lithe vape packs a punch.The temperature is user controlled and you can get some mighty hits if you push it,drawing low and slow..
Its a great cherry on my sundea after I use my Ud and want a boost..or as a standalone...:) feelin fine

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I agree, I started with a solo, and moved around to various battery powered portables. I'm glad I waited, to be honest, as now I have the understanding and patience to get good results from the flame vapes. I have been using my reflection in my computer screen to see how the very tip top of the flame is going into the end of the Lithe. I'm glad you are enjoying yours Nbajunkie!

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Nbajunkie

Nbajunkie

Patience is key..that first day I was using a mirror. Now I just make sure Im fully feeding the flame into my lithe vape, if that makes sense..I started w the mflb then Ud now lithe vape and soon minivap...Its a hell of a journey just to end up with my gas station bic again..:) But Im very happy with it thanks...

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I feel the same way :lol: long journey to end up liking the flame vapes more... something more primal about it. I like technology, but can't rely on it to last... wood, metal, herb and fire are very basic elements that should last as long as you are able to hang onto them, barring some kind of horrible accident. (that's why I ended up getting 2 lithes and 2 VG wood pipes) back up to the back up :D . My biggest fear is the unpracticed user combusting or just abusing my flame vapes, so I imagine I will be picky as to handing them off to people with out some kind of coaching first.

jambandphan03,

Nbajunkie

I cant speak for our friends in europe...When I received my package. The return address was labelled miami florida..huh?.just a plain white envelope wrapped up in clear tape..Took about5 or 6 Days to get here with12 Dollar shipping

delta 9

Got my vapor lithe last week , lovely wood and nice finish , i agree with what everybody else has to say like using the leather as a way of holding the hot metal , and how well it works compared to more complicated more expensive vapes. On my first go with it i tryed direct draw but couldnt get the hang of it and thought i was goin to melt my face , so i put a hole in a bottle and tryed it bong style but without the water and oh my god this thing can make clouds ,using it this way i could see the flame goin into the tip and the vapor comin out the other end ,giving me the knowledge to give direct draw another go, the flavor is not as good as other convection vapes but that is its only drawback. I feel like i have a good back up for my log vape and maybe a good way of getting log vape type hits while camping.

delta 9,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I've been trying to pick up my Lithe and practice using it once in a while. I agree about the flavor, it is probably the only thing that I find lacking when using it. I'm wondering if it just needs to get used more, to season the wood. I put a short piece of silicone tubing on the end as a mouth piece, to extend it, and give me a small window to see vapor, and it also insulates you from the heat a bit more, but I don't always use it this way. I do like pairing it up with glass, but also want to keep working on getting the regular dry hit down to where it's not a struggle to get it going. I love how small it is, for pocket use. Toss it in with a few pens and it would become invisible.

practice...practice...practice...

jambandphan03,
Top Bottom