jambandphan03

in flavor country
this is good to know since I will be getting these soon. Too bad the screen doesn't come out, but with regular attention I can see keeping it clean enough. I like to clean stuff often anyway, so it stays fresh. I'm hoping to have one of these in my hands in the next few days. After using the vaporgenie off and on for the last week, my interest in flame vapes went way up.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Ya Jamband I don't even clean the Lithe like I do my other vape's, just blow the AVB into the palm of
my hand , refill it and go. hit it with Iso every few months. sometimes its nice to get back to basics,
the Lithe is so simple and easy to use with no real learning curve, prep or clean up. Lithe, Herb and a lighter your set to go. Sure you'll enjoy it when it arrives.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Yeah I think it's funny I went so long with out trying any of the flame vapes. I always looked at the VG and thought, that wouldn't ever really work... :lol: WRONG!! These are so affordable too, and I can see possibly getting smokers to switch easier, since the price is low, and you still have the basic smoking action, putting fire to it. I guess it really depends on the person. I am hoping to get my man to start vaping, right now he's all about combustion.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Nbajunkie

doniv

I think I'll go with the VG for the simple reason that I can replenish it with a new load without having to wait for it to cool down. Since I most often toke with friends, it would suck not being able to pass it around to the next guy. I do really like the simplicity of the Lithe, but I think the VG will end up as the better tool in a social setting and also in the keep-it-clean dept.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
...still waiting for the Lithe's to show up in the mail, might be a few more daze, but I am eager to try it. :D

jambandphan03,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Let me know how it goes Stu :D
Feels like it's taking forever for mine to get here, but it's not for lack of vapes... just the long shipping. I was supposed to get my vector torch today, but it didn't come, maybe tomorrow. I hope you get good results Stu.

** got my torch, one of the housemates set my package in a bad place, and I didn't see it, until now. :D It seems like a nice torch.

jambandphan03,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I can't find the damn thing. :cuss:

Remember when vaping was simple? Everything fit in a drawer or box.... nice and neat.

Now that VAS has turned my mancave into a vapor amusement park, I have boxes and drawers and shelves of shit all over. I know it's gotta be here somewhere. The search continues....

:peace:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
My desk is covered in vaping supplies, tubes, stems, glass adapters, batteries... it's a bit of a sickness, but not a bad one IMO... I like to have choices.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Stu

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Found it!

It was in an old box of e-cig stuff for some reason. :mental:

I'll give it a go now. Remind me: bic or mini torch is better?

Stu,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Well, I tried the bic, but only got flavor hits (woody tasting, but with a nice weed presence). So I broke out the mini torch and got some vapor. I realized pretty quickly that (like the VG Coil) there is no visual to reference your hit by. I prefer the visual feedback, so before going further I threw it in my bubbler to give it a go. At this point I thought "what the hell...might as well video it" so I broke out the iphone and....

First fucking try... can you believe it? :doh:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Well, I tried the bic, but only got flavor hits (woody tasting, but with a nice weed presence). So I broke out the mini torch and got some vapor. I realized pretty quickly that (like the VG Coil) there is no visual to reference your hit by. I prefer the visual feedback, so before going further I threw it in my bubbler to give it a go. At this point I thought "what the hell...might as well video it" so I broke out the iphone and....

First fucking try... can you believe it? :doh:
houhouhouhouhouhouhouhouhu

FUCK FUCK FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

I coughed mid-holding my hit the second you inhaled and it shot back out :wave:

I'll dump some ISO in your honor, sir.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
was that just vapor or combustion?? I combusted with the coil the first time using a torch... I found that as soon as you see that thick white vapor start to form, pull away the fire... using a bub pulls more air, and I have created many cherries like that. I hope you didn't spoil your Lithe.

**I have to add this vector VOLT torch is really nice. It handles being tilted pretty well, and is super easy to work with.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Stu

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Yeah... I should've known better. Looking at that video I see that I pushed it waaaaay to hard. I had a hard time getting vapor the first couple of tries and I overcompensated with that hit for sure.:disgust:

Live and learn.

Stu,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
yeah, it's no biggie, good to show people how not to use it, if you already captured the moment anyway... maybe edit your TXT in the OP so it says clearly, this is how NOT to use it :D

I was combusting quite a bit with the HI at first too... VG took some getting used to.

jambandphan03,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I hope you have a better time with it on the next try. I know I felt a little scorned the first few times I combusted in the Coil...once I got the hang of it, it was great. I just had to clean it a few times and started using a different bub for the flame vapes, in case I accidentally combusted, I could go right to my matrix, and forget about it. :p

** according to tracking, one of the 2 Lithes I have heading my way should be here tomorrow... I hope it's on time.

jambandphan03,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Accidental combustion sucks for sure, but it does help with the learning curve.

I already feel like I know how to hit this vape properly because of the fact that I now know when to back off to avoid mistakes of the past.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Did you notice much of a fuel taste with the Lithe?? I hope to be posting some vids with this thing tomorrow, come on USPS be on time... It would be great to see a follow up vid of you getting it right Stu :tup:

jambandphan03,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I didn't notice any fuel taste, but I don't with other vapes either, so I'm not the best test subject for that.

FWIW, I found that it needs more of a pre-heat than the VG. Once it gets going, though (you saw in the vid when it started to really fog up.... I should've cut the heat at that point) it really fogs up nicely. There is a learning curve here to be sure.

I don't know that I would be able to find that sweet spot without the visual feedback of a bubbler though tbh. I'm sure it's possible with enough practice for those with ninja skills, though. :ninja:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I'm hope this one doesn't absorb as much of the fuel, looks like once you start to get it hot, you can cut the torch and just hit it... unlike the VG which I found I inhale a bit more fumes than I would care to. I am still working on my technique with the VG, maybe a pre-heat with out drawing would help??

the other vid I saw of it being used on a tube style, it fogged up on a very small load several times over... I was impressed with how many hits he got.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Egzoset

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm hope this one doesn't absorb as much of the fuel, looks like once you start to get it hot, you can cut the torch and just hit it... unlike the VG which I found I inhale a bit more fumes than I would care to. I am still working on my technique with the VG, maybe a pre-heat with out drawing would help??

the other vid I saw of it being used on a tube style, it fogged up on a very small load several times over... I was impressed with how many hits he got.
I wish I had seen this video prior to my hindenburgesque attempt.

Stu,
Top Bottom