vapor distillation

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
While we are talking about co2 extractions (finally something I can jump back in on), I've heard that many "Co2" extractions are really just BHO with the intent to bypass some "no man made solvents used" law in some medical state.

Does this really happen? I understand CO2 extractions are quite the heavy investment to have, is there any way to tell for sure? I don't seem to get along well with butane.

Ya this is done in california dispensaries all the time. The only place i know that actually had a lab to do co2 extractions the hash looked like an amber oil and was syrupy enough to move slowly at room temperature. I was told by the dispensary owner (but have not verified through my own research) that the supercritical extraction process also decarb's the oil making it ready for edibles immediately after extraction. Fwiw I also used to get concentrates from a place that processed supposedly using another naturally occuring gas (nitrogen, although i think they used it as liquid and not super-crit) to process their oil and it had a syrupy consistency also. I have never seen "a co2 wax" i had reason to think is legitimate. I dont know if the supercritical process extracts less plant waxes so its a more oily product or what but that been my experience fwiw

farscaper

Well, maybe if it does decarb it during supercritical that would explaine the concistency... In my experence when the oil becomes decarbed it really wont ever re-enter a "solid" or waxy state... You can stir in opacity, but i have yet to return a decarbed oil to a wax.

farscaper,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Well, maybe if it does decarb it during supercritical that would explaine the concistency... In my experence when the oil becomes decarbed it really wont ever re-enter a "solid" or waxy state... You can stir in opacity, but i have yet to return a decarbed oil to a wax.

I have noticed the same thing. All abv runs I see, be they qwiso or bho seem to come out as a thicker syrupy oil extract.

Puffers,
Top Bottom