Vapor Brownies (ABV Cannaoil)

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Sounds good NTD.

I don't know if you have much experience with edibles, but I never cook above 300f with it. 280f max. Probably not such a big factor with vaped bud, and seeing as the results worked in your favor, way to go!!! :D

(and/or heating the oil some, before mixing with the flour)
You did a double boiler with the oil /avb mix right? Then strained out the AVB?

I didn't notice you did in the tek, it will really, really improve the flavor and enjoyability of edibles. AVB taste NARSTY!

SpiralArchitect,

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
Thanks SA.

Yeah I figured that I could cook a bit higher with AVB.

Actually I bypassed the separate oil heating/straining in favour of grinding the AVB into flour and adding directly into the oil, then mix, etc.

The taste was still quite good with this simpler preparation method, imo. AVB barely noticeable.

nicelytoasted,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
To be fair, 1g a brownie is pretty low, so at that amount, it's probably fine, but when you start having to take down 3, 4+ grams, it's best to strain or the next day you will be shitting sandpaper. :lol:

SpiralArchitect,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
"shitting sandpaper" - yes, that's the phrase I was groping for....

kidding aside for the moment, i don't have a scale but i have measuring cups. for a box of brownies is one cup of AVB to two cups of canola oil the right amount/proportion in your estimation?

jeffp,

Twd277

vtac: I'm a new member here and I just need to say THANK YOU! A few months back I randomly stumbled-upon Fuck Combustion and this was the first article I ever read and it completely blew me away!

Before reading your post I was just tossing out my abv bud right after my vaporizer sessions because I thought it was useless. I was soon able to save up enough abv to follow your directions to the T and the brownies came out amazing! Seriously, I don't what it is but this was the strongest, most potent batch of brownies I have ever had!

You, and this site in general, have really helped me appreciate my vaporizer even more. Before reading this I was just treating my vaporizer like a big novelty pipe and never took the time to learn anything about it. When I think of the years-worth of abv bud I threw out before finding out the infinite uses for it I want to kill myself :p

I just need to say it again, thank you!

Twd277,

StickyShisha2

5064_121809_snoopdogg1_l.jpg

these two make some great brownies.

StickyShisha2,

Jericho99

I'm looking to make edibles during my winter break. I have around 3/8-1/2 of an Oz of moderately vaped heads. I could possibly buy an 8th or a 4th of some unvaped mids to add to the mix also.

I'm mainly worried about stealth. I live at the parent's house, so I'll have time for cooking from 8-4. If I simmered my vaped weed in oil, would the kitchen still stank up then(I have an exhaust fan). Sorry, I've never attempted to cook weed in any way, except mixing it straight into the batter so I have no idea about the smell. If there are any other simpler methods(I would use the water method to make butter, but I don't have time to wait for it to freeze), I would opt for them ideally.

I'm also trying to get around 6-7 people high including myself. Do you think I'll have enough? Thanks.

Jericho99,

Xero

Jericho99 said:
I'm mainly worried about stealth. I live at the parent's house, so I'll have time for cooking from 8-4. If I simmered my vaped weed in oil, would the kitchen still stank up then(I have an exhaust fan). Sorry, I've never attempted to cook weed in any way, except mixing it straight into the batter so I have no idea about the smell. If there are any other simpler methods
One you could get your parents permission.

I would just grind it and throw it in the batter. That way it will smell mostly like chocolate not herb. I think 16gs of ABV is the standard so you should be fine. I made a pan of 13X9 brownies. If you spit this pan into 6 or 7 brownies they would be pretty huge. So I think you have enough.

Xero,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Yeah you won't be able to cook oil. It smells alot. Last time I made brownies I cooked a pound of maple bacon after and my house reaked like bacon for 2 weeks after. I found if you don't cook oil the brownies taste like whatever you put in. I've done it that way with different qualities of herb and i wasn't happy with it. Maybe it's different with AVB I just don't wanna mess up a batch of brownies

minnesnowta,

vape4health

I just got a new toy , its a " Perfect Brownie " pan set . It has a metal thing that you stick down into the pan and it makes it like a ice cube tray . I have not used it yet but a family member has been using one to make normal brownies and said its the shit . I could see by how the normal brownies where cooked that it would work even better for a batch with extra oil , every brownie gets cooked like it's an end piece . Its one of them " as seen on TV " things .

I'll make a batch with some ABV flour and post how it turns out . :ko:

vape4health,

Twd277

I've finally saved up enough ABV bud to make a second batch of these tasty brownies tonight :D Wish me luck

Twd277,

vape4health

That brownie pan works so much better then I was expecting . The bottom pan has a removable bottom so it could leak and I read in the directions about putting foil in the pan but I put it under so if it did leak the foil would catch it . Its going to be a bitch to clean , but it work good enough that I'll use it next time I make brownies too . Each brownie is very close to the same size and each one has a cooked side so the middle can still be soft but all edge's are firm .

And this batch was with ABV only from my Woodeez so it was a little bit greener then times befor . Each brownie ended up with 1.3 grams , I had 2 and I'm expecting good things . I ground the ABV into flour and dumped it into the brownie mix , my girlfriend said they taste just fine , FIRST TIME she is ok with eating something with ABV . The flour was fine enough that it has no extra texture and only a slight taste , but I like the ABV taste for some reason .

vape4health,
I mixed ABV into the brownie mix this time, and they seem stronger. No straining saved time with less cleanup. I plan on adding ABV everytime now.

Vapor Trail,

Konrad_Zuse

Your vaped bud seems pretty green, how much did you vape it all? Most of my stuff is like dark brown, because I vaped it to 260, but some was like lightish brown. I'm pretty sure it's still edible.

Konrad_Zuse,

Xero

Most of the first batch that I made was from very very dark AVB. In general my AVB is dark brownish usually. Everything worked out fine. I am really enjoying cooking with my leftovers. One thing i stumbled across last time was

http://www.foodservicedirect.com/pr...Andes-Creme-De-Menthe-Chip-Candy-20-Pound.htm

You don't need 20 pounds about one bag per batch(think it is like 8oz). These chips melt when being cooked so the whole brownie is a nice mint flavor. I think it completely covers up any taste issue you might have. All my friends are saying that these mint brownies are the best that I have made yet.

I have found that ~8g of AVB does the trick for me. I cut the brownies in pretty small pieces (24 per 13X9 pan). So the math works out to about .34g per brownie. This is crazy low and I was surprised by this low of a number.

I bought a super huge industrial size brownie box and it had a couple hints I would like to pass on

If you bake with 2 or 3 pans place one pan on the top rack and the second (and third) on the middle rack. Bake for 15 mins switch and roate pands from one rack to the other contiune backing for the remaing period of time recommended
The box goes on to say that a double batch should take 53 - 56 mins. I made 2 batches and it took around this time. Every 15 mins I would rotate and switch racks with the pans. Worked out great

Lower Fat Reciepe:
Prepare and back brownies following the directions except using 1 large egg (org called for 2) 2 Tablesppons water and 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce per pouch of mix. Reduce baking time 1 - 2 mins
I haven't made the lower fat yet but I plan on doing them next time. First time reading it through I thought you got rid of the oil. But now it just looks like you are getting rid of 1 egg. That can't be that lower fat!!!!!

Xero,

King Kong

55+ grams of vaped bud, simmered in 2 cups of water with 1 stick of butter in a crock pot for 7 hours, pic taken with my camera phone

King Kong,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Vapor Trail said:
Simmered 33grams on LOW for about 45mins, and then dumped it all into the mix. Best batch yet :lol:
Very cool. I find it necessary to gradually raise the flame through the simmering to maintain a steady slight bubbling and sizzling.
I'm looking forward to having enough ABV for the next brownie event - it's slow going with an efficient vaporizer....

jeffp,

Legendary Blue

I was just looking for a recipe to use my vaped bud in.

Duncan Hines has the most awesome fudgy brownies ever, can't wait to try this.

Legendary Blue,

Kush in my SSV

sorry didnt have time to read thru this, so this may be covered. i put my abv in a jar with olive oil. how long should i let it sit for until its ready to be strained?

modnote:please review the forum rules.

# Read threads before posting in them. Thread rules may be outlined in the first post.
# No spamming. Please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums.

Kush in my SSV,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I use canola oil and let it simmer for 30 minutes. Read the beginning of this thread for the way to do this.

jeffp,

Xero

Kush in my SSV said:
sorry didnt have time to read thru this, so this may be covered. i put my abv in a jar with olive oil. how long should i let it sit for until its ready to be strained?

modnote:please review the forum rules.

# Read threads before posting in them. Thread rules may be outlined in the first post.
# No spamming. Please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums.
I am of the opinion that straining anything is extra work that yields lower potency products. I had my ABV sitting in canola oil for about a week then made brownies with the oil and the abv. It doesn't make any sense to me to throw this stuff out. The only time I could see it being appropriate is if you simmer your oil and everything green/brown turns black.

Now all I do is grind up abv throw it in the mix and bake. Easy Peasy .

Xero,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Xero, your perspective on the matter is interesting in terms of not heating the oil/ABV mix but rather letting it sit for a week and leech out naturally.
I too am of the "no straining" school.
Can you be more detailed on how you do this in terms of the container you put it in, sealed, in the dark, how much oil to ABV, etc.?
One thing I've noticed with heating is that in the end you lose oil through the simmering - there is evaporation - and as such we may be losing potency,
plus you then have to add non thc oil into the brownie mix to make up for what's been evaporated, if the recipe calls for one cup, for instance.

jeffp,

mastermorley

So it's better to run it under heat for 45 min not 30? And how much weed does the cheese cloth really take out? Is it better just to leave the trim in or does it only strain it a little bit?

mastermorley,
Top Bottom