Vapor Brownies (ABV Cannaoil)

taggs

Cameron
Yeah, I think my ABV is pretty spent... it's much browner than some of the pics of ABV i've seen on here.

I'm gonna save up a large amount of it and give brownies a try next time.

taggs,

Rhymenocerous

In my short time vaporizing I only use my ABV for firecrackers. I don't own a scale so not sure how much I put in exactly but I'd estimate ~1/4 oz. I grind it up with my mortar and pestle then mix it with my peanut butter or nutella. I then put this thick mixture on my graham crackers in the oven 22-24 minutes at ~ 320 F. Made some the other day and eating 1.5 out of 3 crackers was perfect.

Rhymenocerous,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
Made some cookies last night. Simmered about 12 gms of ABV in butter for an hour and then dumped it in with a simple flour, cocoa, egg, sugar, baking powder, and salt mix. Made 9 cookies.

One cookie this morning got me high for about 6 hours and then I had to go sleep since I was so burned out. My friends who helped me get all that ABV were delighted to share in the goodies as well.

quomist,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
i used about 15-16 grams of ABV with some 6 grams of unused mid grade and made a batch of brownies. i left the buds in the oil and mixed into my brownie batter. i havent had one but everyone that has said that they were out of this world strong. :o

illadelph,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
yeah - i'd have to hear a compelling argument for straining to do it; i bet your friends could hardly detect the taste of the bud in the brownies.
and even if, so what?

jeffp,

vape4health

I used a coffee grinder from walmart ( like 15 bucks ) to grind some ABV , it was only a small test run but it turned the ABV into powder finer then I could get with a mortar and pestle . The last time I used ABV flour , I ground it with the m&p , it was not fine enough and had a kinda grit to it .

vape4health,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
yeah the electric coffee grinder is much more better than mortar and pestle for brownies.

jeffp,

Xero

I had a thought this morning. No cook oil. I am really interested in making some brownies with my left over duff/avb. I am a little concerned about smell. I remembered reading

Some people use an alternate method where they don't cook them, but just let them sit for 3-4 days. The actives will leach out into the fat of the peanut butter, and some people feel that this will create a more potent product. It's not without merit, as the active compounds do degrade with heat. But if you're willing to wait that long
Why couldn't this method be used for making infused canola oil. I was wondering if anyone has tried this yet. I mean it makes perfect sense to me. You could actually make up a jar and just let it steep for a really long time.

Xero,

Qbit

cannabanana
Xero said:
I had a thought this morning. No cook oil. I am really interested in making some brownies with my left over duff/avb. I am a little concerned about smell.
As in weed smell? No, you don't have to worry about that when cooking duff. The terpenes, which produce the odour of the herb, are some of the first chemicals to go when vapourizing - it'll probably smell more like socks.

Qbit,

Xero

That is interesting I don't need to be concerned about the smell. I still think no cook oil has merit. Does the heat actually cause something special to happen? If not then just mixing AVB and oil and letting it sit should work.

Xero,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
i'd be interested in the results of this experiment as well. if i'm going to do firecrackers with fresh bud, how many days do you think i should let it sit before it goes bad, would storing it inside aluminum foil pouches on the window sill slightly expedite the leaching process?

jeffp,

Xero

jeffp said:
i'd be interested in the results of this experiment as well. if i'm going to do firecrackers with fresh bud, how many days do you think i should let it sit before it goes bad, would storing it inside aluminum foil pouches on the window sill slightly expedite the leaching process?
I made some with keif the other day and let them sit out in my kitchen for ~12 hours. I didn't wrap them just left them on the counter. The old cook in me really doesn't want to let food sitting out for 2 or 3 days and then eat it. The oil will be different though. I am not worried about any spoilage happening with oil. I wonder how firecrackers in the fridge would work out. This way you can let them soak/steep/ooze good stuff for days.

Well I guess it is off to buy some supplies for no cook oil. I wonder how long I should let it sit? Maybe a week or so for good measure.

Xero,

Xero

Well I made some no cook oil. Just like the front page 1/2 cup duff to 1 cup oil. I am not sure how long I am going to let it sit. I know it will at least be a week. I think that will be enough time.

Xero,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I believe the heat just expedites the process. I would imagine that letting it sit (covered) for several days would do the trick. Better yet - throw it on one of those candle warmers to give it a nicer environment for the oil/duff. Not too hot, but still warm :)

AGBeer,

Xero

Well around 4 today the oil will be ~72 hours old. I honestly have no idea how long I should let it sit. I almost cooked with it last night. The org plan was to make 2 batches of brownies. One from cook oil and one from no cook oil. I messed something up b/c I am short on Duff to make the cook oil. I weighed/measured the avb last night and I have ~1/4 cup or right around 8g. The no cook oil I put a heaping 1/2 cup into it. So I need to get some more AVB fast!!

I ended up getting something like

http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-805-Salad-Dressing-Stirrer/dp/B00061N0H8

I spin it whenever it looks like it is separating a little bit. Maybe 5-10 mixing sessions a night. I really wanted to a one to one comparison b/w the 2 oils. I have convinced myself that the no cook oil should be more potent than cooking for one hour.

The plan in my head is to bake Monday. The first post suggests 1/2 cup AVB to 1 cup oil. People also commented that the edibles turned out very strong. Has anyone tried cutting the AVB in half? Or was the strength of the edibles just due to large doses (big brownies)?

Xero,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
I'd rather them be too strong than too weak. :2c:

also, im a full jeffp materials + oil into the brownie mix convert. :cheers:

illadelph,

Xero

I was thinking about throwing the duff into the brownie mix also. I would think adding it would be better than just throwing it away. Your body can try to get something out of whats left. If you do throw it in then is cooking oil for an hour even necessary?

The only bad thing I can think of is textural issues. I plan on adding pecans and m&ms or reese's pieces to add some texture to the brownie. That way you can at least trick yourself into thinking the crunchy bits are nuts or candy.

Xero,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
well what i did last time was use 15 g of duff and like 8 or so g of fresh mid grade. i cooked the oil for about 45 minutes then allowed for it to cool in the refrigerator to kind of let the thc set into it further. i then put the whole oil/herb mix into the brownie mix and turned out some very potent brownies. the herb that was in the oil consisted of fresh and ABV buds and there was minimal compromise on tasted compared to the higher effect of intoxication. what i would suggest is making them strong but only consuming half as much when you decide to take the plunge. these things will knock you right on your ass if youre not careful. :ko:

illadelph,

Xero

illadelph said:
i then put the whole oil/herb mix into the brownie mix and turned out some very potent brownies. the herb that was in the oil consisted of fresh and ABV buds and there was minimal compromise on tasted compared to the higher effect of intoxication.
Was the taste of the brownies with oil/herb mix good? If you have done just oil brownies before did they taste better or worse or no real change? Thanks for all the tips I am getting really excited to bake.

I wouldn't mind have the fresh taste of green. But just the taste of AVB can't be that good. I think there is enough chocolate taste

Xero,

vape4health

The last few times , I havnt even cooked the ABV , just use a coffee grinder to make ABV flour then throw it in whatever your making , no oil no cook . I added some to a batch of chocolate chips cookies but it was my first time ever making any type of cookie and I over cooked them . They still give me a great buzz but they are a little dark on the bottom and extremly hard . There must be some skill in making cookies and knowing they are done , live and learn .

vape4health,

Xero

Well I got sick of waiting and I am baking right now. I made 2 batches one with the oil/avb mixture that has been sitting for ~70 hours. I started with 1/4 cup avb (~16g) and 1/2 cup canola oil. I still have some left over mixture b/c the box only called for 2/3rds a cup oil. The 2nd batch is 8.82g of avb ground into fine powder thrown directly into the brownie mix. I just checked on them and I am going to have to play with cook time b/c 2 pans is taking longer.

Xero,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
i used betty crocker hersheys triple chunk. the taste was barely any different compared to the ones that had gotten the straight oil and i usually use the same brand/flavor for all my brownies. i also felt like the brownies with the bud in the mix got me more wrecked.

illadelph,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
illadelph said:
i used betty crocker hersheys triple chunk. the taste was barely any different compared to the ones that had gotten the straight oil and i usually use the same brand/flavor for all my brownies. i also felt like the brownies with the bud in the mix got me more wrecked.
Right. That's exactly how I experienced it. The straining of oil might make for a slightly more refined taste experience but it is negligible. The straining is also THE most labor intensive aspect of the project and i believe you have more to lose than to gain by going this route. Hope you enjoy....

jeffp,

Xero

Well I had a full day of baking. I ended up making 3 different batches.

Oil/AVB mix ~12g
Ground AVB "Flour" ~8.8g
Weak Oil/AVB ~4g

So if everything worked out correctly then I have three different strengths. I ate what I think is the most potent last night. Me and a buddy both had 2inch square pieces. There was definitely an effect. I gave another buddy of mine some of the Flour ones. I think today I am going to try some of the weak ones.

After buying a bunch of crap to strain the oil I didn't use any of it. I convinced myself that straining the AVB out is pointless. I thought there might have been 2 problems. 1 taste and 2 texture. With the flour I am not concerned about texture b/c the avb is a fine dust. The Oil mixture was only ground up from my hand grinder. The brownie I ate didn't have any weird texture issues. And the taste was just mainly chocolate. There was only a minor hint of a buddy taste.

I was extremely happy with the stuff I tried last night. Hopefully the other batches work out just as good. I have a couple people to taste test with me. I will share what they think.

The next oil that I prepare I am going to use a coffee grinder to make dust then soak it in oil. This might end up being a useless step but I like to do it anyway.

Xero,

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
I made up a small batch of AVB brownies yesterday, and tried to keep it simple.

For my dosage, I like to start low, so I figured ~ 12g of AVB for 12 pieces of brownie. My AVB is light to medium brown as my preferred vape range is at the low end, ~ 160-170C (320-338F), sometimes topping out around 185C (365F).

- Grinded the herb into flour.

- Also grinded some cashews and walnuts, for texture and taste. Added both to oil and stirred well, to get the herb mixing with the oils and fats. Then added brownie mix with 1 egg and a little water, and stirred well again.

- Cooked the gooeyness for ~ 45 minutes @ 320F, just until the top of the brownie was starting to dry. Used the old toothpick method, as well.

- Just a slight odour in the kitchen when opening the oven to check/remove.

- Ate one piece, then took 4-5 vape hits. The vape head buzz was followed with a pleasant, trippy, user friendly, body buzz/stone, with just a slight hint of AVB in final product.

- Nice overall taste though, and moisture level was about right, not too dry and not too gooey.

- The brownie seemed to take over nicely, as the vape high wore off, and lasted a good 3-4 hrs.

I may try 1-1.5 pieces (and/or heating the oil some, before mixing with the flour) on the next round.

nicelytoasted,
Top Bottom