Vapor Brownies (ABV Cannaoil)

Beezleb

Ive made two batches of golden dragon and love it and it has surpassed my expectations on what I was expecting from abv, but im sure not everyone will feel that way but for me, its my favorite but I am also just getting used to it and young in making it.

It is the recipe from here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4HLLgVN_xk

Just take twice as much ever clear alcohol or very high percentage alcohol and shake up for a bit with abv. So 1oz ounce of abv you would 2 ounces of ever clear. Let it sit then shake it some more let sit in dark. It says for 1/2 an hour but ive always did for about an hour or a a half to most of a day. I do it then go and do something. The second batch which sat longer was stronger but I also I let it evap some too.

I then let it strain it with a coffee filter and squeeze out all the drops. The filter will break when squeezing so you may need to double filter. Pour slowly into coffee filter.

Then I let it evaporate in dark for a 1/2 a day to a day and it looses maybe 1/3 volume. The more evap the stronger I imagine.

put in dark dropper container or dark container of choice. A mister would be great for taking under the tongue I think.

I am on my second batch and it will last me. I do about 3 drops in the afternoon and im good during the day. Its not the same as vaping but good enough for me and I am happy with it. All I did I was follow the instruction on the youtube video.

Beezleb,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
Beezleb said:
Ive made two batches of golden dragon and love it and it has surpassed my expectations on what I was expecting from abv, but im sure not everyone will feel that way but for me, its my favorite but I am also just getting used to it and young in making it.

It is the recipe from here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4HLLgVN_xk

Just take twice as much ever clear alcohol or very high percentage alcohol and shake up for a bit with abv. So 1oz ounce of abv you would 2 ounces of ever clear. Let it sit then shake it some more let sit in dark. It says for 1/2 an hour but ive always did for about an hour or a a half to most of a day. I do it then go and do something. The second batch which sat longer was stronger but I also I let it evap some too.

I then let it strain it with a coffee filter and squeeze out all the drops. The filter will break when squeezing so you may need to double filter. Pour slowly into coffee filter.

Then I let it evaporate in dark for a 1/2 a day to a day and it looses maybe 1/3 volume. The more evap the stronger I imagine.

put in dark dropper container or dark container of choice. A mister would be great for taking under the tongue I think.

I am on my second batch and it will last me. I do about 3 drops in the afternoon and im good during the day. Its not the same as vaping but good enough for me and I am happy with it. All I did I was follow the instruction on the youtube video.
Awesome story with the Golden Dragon. I was just researching this for the last hour.

I've decided to use this guide:

http://boards.cannabis.com/concentrates/82380-definitive-green-dragon-revised-updated-combined.html

The recipe uses Bacardi 151 which is the strongest booze available where I am. It uses a stovetop water bath method to extract the goodies into the alcohol. The poster also mentioned when he compared it to some created via the cold method, it was much stronger.

I'm going to try it out sometime this week. I'll let you know how it turns out.

quomist,

Frickr

Your the Beez Kneez Beezleb! thank you for that video, i know what im doing with my abv next time i get ready to do this. this sounds alot more enjoyable then isohash that stuff is just so hard to manage. once again i thank you.

Frickr,

lwien

Any concern of how the strong alcohol is gonna affect the rubber in the dropper bottle or the plastic in a mister?

lwien,

Beezleb

Doesnt matter what container you use. Easily use glass or just keep in jar if your so worried.

Beezleb,

lwien

I asked the question because I wasn't sure if I should be worried about that or not.

lwien,

Beezleb

Well, I gave the only answer I know.

You can easily do a search on dropper bottles and whatnot and decide for yourself. If you would have searched you would have seen that most say they hold alcohol, iso, lighter fluid and etc but im not a chemical engineer or anything and would imagine its dependent on if one used a dropper bottle that was or wasnt made well enough. I would hardly accept a random safety answer on a website without looking into it so I advise if you or anyone else is so worried about a container, well research the type of containers you are interested in and decide for yourself.

It is my general understanding that its fine but I have not gone into an in depth research on it as it does not concern me really. All I did was state what I did. People can take from it what they will but I cant really answer any questions other than what the video states and what I have already written. Good luck to you.

Beezleb,

rayski

jeffp said:
by the way what does ABV stand for? If it's short for "already vaped bud" that's somehow not right.....
It's "already been vaped".

rayski,

SometimesY

edit - removed post, as everything had already been answered -- guess I didn't read the last page. What a noob.

edit again -- Jeff, you still should have known what ABV meant...:p

SometimesY,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
It's Spiral's fault. He told me AVB means Already Vaped Bud. Then this whole Already Been Vaped thing just threw me, man.

jeffp,

malawigold

Landrace Advocate
Beezleb,
Tried out the golden dragon with about a quad of vaped with 14 oz of 151.... WOW! I see what you mean about how it surpasses expectations... this stuff hits right away and is a good kick for some time... Not to mention my full bottle will last me for a good few weeks or so :o

malawigold,

malawigold

Landrace Advocate
Another phase of the experiment: I have dropped some of it on my vapman bowl and will wait overnight for evap... also dropped it all over a friend's joint and hope to see his reaction too... I think this is the ultimate in recycling :p

malawigold,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Wow you only used a quarter ounce of duff?

What kind of tolerance do you have?
What does your duff look like?

I'm about to make some, I have like 11 grams saved, I wasn't thinking it was nearly enough.

bluntfaced,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
I made a batch via the stovetop method yesterday. I had 4.5 grams of abv and threw in 4 oz of some 63% rum which was the best they had at the local liqour store.

Cooked it between 168 F and 170 F for 25 minutes. I was left with 2 oz after straining. I should have used a coffee filter as I was left with miniscule crumbs that passed through the strainer.

I put it in a 1 oz bottle with a dropper. I had about 4 dropperfuls over the course of 5 hours and got less of a buzz and more of wanting to go sleep. I'm evaporating it right now and am going to try again tomorrow.

quomist,

malawigold

Landrace Advocate
bluntfaced
Yeah you only have to double the oz of alcohol to 1 g of duff... so if you have 11 you would need 22 oz of some 151 or strong alc from the shop. It works pretty well considering small amount... and about tolerance let's just say that I've got it built up pretty good... this is like one of the best kept secrets out there... especially if beezleb is just heard about it... try it out bluntfaced and you'll be pleasantly surprised..

quomist
what kind of bud do you normally vape? that has a great effect on the tincture... As you can see from my title there's no secret to what I used but maybe you just used something that would give that sedating effect and not a buzz... I love how I can see the different strains coming through in my batch it's a pretty neat variety.

malawigold,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
malawigold said:
what kind of bud do you normally vape? that has a great effect on the tincture... As you can see from my title there's no secret to what I used but maybe you just used something that would give that sedating effect and not a buzz... I love how I can see the different strains coming through in my batch it's a pretty neat variety.
I usually use high grades, but this batch of abv was comprised of nothing but mid grade. I'm excited to try it again with better stuff from your comments.

quomist,

malawigold

Landrace Advocate
Quomist
Didn't mean the grade I meant the strain's chemical makeup sativa or indica... abv indica is usually higher in cbd's than sativa (cbd's can be missed when vaping) and this can be the cause of what sleepiness you described

malawigold,

SometimesY

I haven't used the "simmer" method for my Golden Dragon before (and I've gotten great results). But I think that you guys are using a much higher alcohol/duff ratio than I have, which means more efficiency, assuming the effectiveness is similar.

I'm going to go with the simmer method for my next batch this weekend, and see what kind of result I get. Y'all are making me want to vape more just so I can play with the duff. Great stuff in this thread, much of which I haven't seen in "smokers" forums (and I've looked a resonable amount). This forum's pretty groovy.

SometimesY,
Reactions: survyvr

quomist

Rock the Casbah
SometimesY said:
Y'all are making me want to vape more just so I can play with the duff.
Dammit, I'm going as fast I can with my Iolite! At the rate I'm going, I think I may be able to make another batch in a week. That should be about 4 to 6 grams of duff to work with.

But I think that you guys are using a much higher alcohol/duff ratio than I have
What kind of alcohol are you using? What ratio?

quomist,

indigal

Amongst the corn
I've done the green dragon, it's fantastic- but I also have recently been soaking my Iolite stems *(and soon PD stems when they need it) in Everclear-
No stuff to strain, since you are just cleaning off the built up resin. I think I used about 2 shot glasses full, shook my well dirtied stem and bowl in that. It was a very light straw color when done, so I thought it was fairly weak. I added about a full T+ to some juice and had to go take a "lay down" for about an hour during the peak- waaay too strong. Getting the dose right is mostly fun though. :p

indigal,

SometimesY

I've only used 151, but it's because that's what I had on hand (good for flaming rum drinks :ko:). I can get Everclear, though, so I think that'll be next. I would likely dilute the resulting tincture by a third or so, making dosing easier (not to mention consumption).

SometimesY,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Sounds good, would love to read more on the tek.

Someone should start a golden dragon thread. :brow:

vtac,

indigal

Amongst the corn
I'm re-using the alcohol- and adding a bit more as needed. I'm aiming for just having to use less than1tsp to have a good time. In a glass of soda or say, a gin and tonic- you'll not notice the flavor and def not the alcohol. Plus, I'm also thinking that using the tincture in cooking would be very handy.

I've made edibles for years, this is the first I've used something akin to honey-oil in cooking.

indigal,
Top Bottom