• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vapor Brownies (ABV Cannaoil)

I use a large pan with another small pan inside of it. The large pan gets a little bit of water, and the small pan oil and herb. This has kept me from getting a dark oil that seems burnt to me. I get a nice green glow to my oil. :2c:

Rottweiler1080z,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
good way to simulate the double boiler. Thanks for the info mate :tup:

Will the bottom of the small pan scratch the surface of the big pan filled with water?...sound a lil sketchy to me, but thanks for the tip

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
You know, I thought about it, the last time I made brownies, and decided I would bypass the straining step and just dump the oil with the AVB together with the brownie mix with an egg, some liquid lecithin, a little baking powder and a dash of corn starch. Maybe I should have used butter. Regardless, you could hardly taste the herbal roughage, absolutely nothing was wasted (except me) and I got some extra fiber in my diet.

What is the upside of straining the oil and discarding the spent herb?

jeffp,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
No taste of plant material that has a cooked taste to it, but it appears that isn't the case if what you say is true.

hmmm more material to be getting high on I guess....oh and that bit about the fiber nearly cracked me up :lol:

thanks for the tip

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
thanks - i tend to consider the fast and dirty route in general, and then refine as needed.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
if you've ever made firecrackers you know there's a slightly unpleasant gooey quality to it because of the herb but you hardly notice it if at all with brownies, because the chocolate is so overshadowing. however, with firecrackers there's no fussing around with oil and from my experience I actually think I got more blitzed with this quick and very simple recipe than brownies.
next time i do firecrackers i'm going to, when they're done, mash it up in ice cream; i think it will be more palatable.

jeffp,

vape4health

Wow , I'm eating my first batch of Vapor Brownies . :D
Taste SOO good :mmmm:

Something everyone should try at least once .

vape4health,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Wish I could say the same but I'm observing Yom Kippur.
Can you, for future reference, describe your recipe step by step?

jeffp,

vape4health

I did just about what vtac said but I used 40g of ABV because it was mids and I vape at 200C-210C . I did grind my ABV with a granite mortar & pestle into a very fine powder , more like dust .

And I used Betty Crocker Hershey's Original Supreme , it comes with a pack of hershey syrup. It had to cook like 15 minutes longer cause of the extra oil , I did like vtac and replace the water amount with oil but then I added a shot of water for good measure .

My fiance is so impressed that I can cook/bake something .

I have hade some of the batter untill I felt a little :puke:
In a 9"X13" pan I got 15 brownies , I did eat about 1 1/2 when they was still very hot , now Im waiting till after dinner to eat a few and chill out .

vape4health,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
cool - you should be experiencing lift off shortly. i love the head from eating - it is so "total."

jeffp,

vape4health

A few mounth's ago I was bitching about having to clean out black shit from my bong( befor when I was still smoking ) , now it turns to great tasting brownies , kinda , at least thats the way I see it , ash and black shit has turned into ABV and golden goo . :tup:

vape4health,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
anybody have a preference with using either veggie oil or butter? i heard that they turn out better with butter as oil.

illadelph,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I've used both. I never noticed a difference in effects, and I'm sure there were some in taste/texture but I can't recall. You just have to be careful with butter because you can burn it.

SpiralArchitect,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
i guess no point in making something a little more difficult if there isnt an advantage to it. i for some reason thought that maybe their might be more fat molecules in oil as better than just vegetable oil but im sure even then that couldnt make a plethora of difference.

illadelph,

SometimesY

I'm going to chime in here again, even though it's just to promote a previous post of mine. On the previous page (4) of this topic, I outlined my method. I'm a pretty reasonable home cook, and relatively good baker (you know, like in the oven? Not like the bakers you are probably used to), and I have refined my brownie recipe over years, using both duff and green, and have settled on this.

Don't consider your ABV to be garbage that you are recycling -- it's still gold. You should treat it as such, and do what's necessary to extract the goodness from it. My method avoids the whole cannabutter-overnight-refrigerator thing, so it can be completed in an hour or so, and it makes incredible tasting brownies, that people want to eat regardless of what's in them.

Ok, enough of my commercial. One other comment -- firecrackers are for green, or preferably only kief -- not for duff. Yuck. Take the time and do it right, it's worth it.

</soapbox>

(Sorry)

SometimesY,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Thanks Sometimes, you are right about firecrackers not ideal for AVB - but it does work amazingly for green.
Question - how yucky is it in your opinion not to strain the material from the butter or oil but rather just dump it all into the brownie mix?
This way there's no waste at all and the chocolate would surely obscure most of the earthy taste.

jeffp,

SometimesY

I think that's worth a try, as the offensive taste in the butter definitely tends to bake out. A spoonful of ABV cannabutter is pretty nasty, and it can be tasted in the batter, but the resultant brownies exhibit almost none of the flavor, so leaving the plant material in there might work, too.

I use a swissgold coffee filter lined with cheesecloth, then squeeze everything I can out by wringing the cheesecloth. I generally lose about 1.5 tbsp for a cup of butter. It would, indeed, be nice not to lose any. So give it a try and let us know. I would try to make sure that your ABV is pretty finely ground if you do this, though. You don't want chunks in your brownies (if you want chunks, use nuts or peanut butter chips or something). To get the best extraction, it should be finely ground, regardless.

Incidentally, firecrackers made with green and a 1/2 gram or so of kief work wonderfully, and taste pretty darn good, too. I just can't justiify cooking too much with $500/oz material. The duff is "free".

Edit: fixed a couple of typos

SometimesY,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I'll let you know regarding the brownies. In fact maybe even this weekend. I run the duff through the electric coffee grinder for a few seconds before baking....

I never thought firecrackers tasted good at all, in fact i found them to be on the sleazy side.
Maybe it's the crackers that I use - saltines, matzo - whatever looks like it would be appropriate.
Maybe it's because I use a toaster oven and the heat source is too close.
Are you at liberty to reveal your firecracker recipe?
thanks..

20070404matzo.jpg

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
vtac said:
Vaporizing has to be the most efficient way to use herbal medicine. With no combustion taking place, the vaporized herb can be saved and used later, as it still contains some desirable compounds.

Edibles are always fun, here's a simple recipe for making cannaoil with your ABV. It won't taste as good as fresh but it still packs a punch.
vtac, i want to thank you for this recipe. i made a batch for this weekend and followed your instructions and was flying throughout.
there were some slight variations on my end. first, i ran the bud through the electric coffee grinder for a few seconds.
(i also threw in one fresh bud for good measure.)
i did use canola oil which worked out very nicely.
two eggs, as the recipe on the box called for.
most significantly, as ive mentioned somewhere else, I did not strain the oil from the bud after heating.
i just poured the whole thing into the brownie mix.
i'll tell you, yes, you can taste the bud slightly - it's like a slight woody overtone, but it's not an unpleasant taste and nothing was wasted.

thanks man - that was great....
jeff

jeffp,

SometimesY

Jeff, nice to hear that you had a good result with your ABV-included method. You definitely don't waste as much doing that.

One thing that I will say is that I personally prefer brownies which use butter to those that use oil (I mean just regular brownies). So, I've always used butter as my extraction medium. Just a personal preference, but, for me, it's a strong one.

As far as firecrackers go, the best advice I think I can give you is to not make them. Brownies are far superior, so, if you can spend the extra time to make them, then go that route. If you must make firecrackers, I usually just do what I can to mask the flavor. I've also never made them with ABV, as I think that would be pretty nasty. Anyway, here's my method:

Apply peanut butter to a graham cracker (graham crackers are far superior to saltines for this)
Put your herb of choice on (I recommend about 3/4 g green, OR 1g ABV, OR 1/2 g kief (best option))
I usually put a 1/2 oz of chocolate on there (the folks at Reese's can't be wrong - choc & PB)
Top it with another graham cracker
Wrap it in foil
Bake at 320 for 20 minutes

I'm not going to say they taste great (or even good), but they do work. Some people use an alternate method where they don't cook them, but just let them sit for 3-4 days. The actives will leach out into the fat of the peanut butter, and some people feel that this will create a more potent product. It's not without merit, as the active compounds do degrade with heat. But if you're willing to wait that long, why end up with something that still tastes like crap?

My goal is to make brownies that people want to eat, not just consume in order to get an effect. If anyone's in the Boston area, I'm happy to provide samples. :)

SometimesY,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
SometimesY - agreed on all counts and one day I'll try the "alternative method" for firecrackers since eating is a weekend thrill for me.

the thing is with firecrackers, sometimes you just want to cook something for yourself that you can consume completely in one shot, that's fast to make.
no question the brownies are far superior and i have half a pan of these left in my refrigerator.
wonder how long they will keep?

i'm in the nyc area.

jeffp,

SometimesY

You can freeze the brownies, with very few detrimental effects. In a Ziplock bag (or vacuum packed), they're good in the freezer for a couple of months, if they last that long. Of course, this depends on who else lives in your house...

I'm with you on the firecrackers being a good solo option (if you don't have a brownie to defrost). That's why, for my next trick, I think I'm going to try candy (lollipops). I need to make a test batch first to make sure it's not a disaster, though.

SometimesY,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
by the way what does ABV stand for? If it's short for "already vaped bud" that's somehow not right.....

jeffp,
Top Bottom