Vapor Brownies (ABV Cannaoil)

VapourFighter

I just picked up some coconut oil and I'm going to be making a batch of brownies with my duff. The coconut oil is a solid just like butter which is nice as suppose to having to use the actual oil. I'll post up how things turn out.

VapourFighter,

TeddyJackEddy

Great info on the brownie mix. One question. Looking at my vaped bud, it is much darker in color than what I've seen here. I have da budda and when I vape I set the dial around 1:00 to 2:00. Vape a while, stir and repeat. I gradually increase the heat, turning the knob short of 3:00. By this time the vaped material is much darker than what I've seen here, but I can still take a draw and get vapor.

What I'm wondering is if it would be worth while for me to try making the brownie mix or is my vaped stuff spent? I'm not sure if it is worth adding more and more of the vaped stuff if it is already spent. I've only had da budda for a month, so don't have near enough stuff to make brownies yet, but wanted your opinion. Everyone here seems pretty knowledgeable, so any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

TeddyJackEddy,

Beezleb

TeddyJackEddy,

I also have Da Buddha and I vape pretty thorough. I have had no luck in cooking with it but I also think I cooked it too hot.

I am thinking of giving it an iso bath and see what comes from that or I may try to cook with it again.

Beezleb,

TeddyJackEddy

Thanks Beezleb. I figure I'll keep saving the abv stuff and once I have collected enough, try cooking with it. What is the worst that can happen? End up with crappy brownies?!

Just want to say thanks for all the postings here. I've been looking for months and learning lots. Thanks for sharing.

TeddyJackEddy,
Reactions: FUnhouse

VapourFighter

I finished a batch yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. I used 20 grams of duff in about 1 cup of coconut oil. What I found strange was that when the coconut oil separated from the water, the coconut oil was green and the water was brown. Any suggestions on why that would of happened would be appreciated.

So, I used a 1/4 cup of the coconut oil in the brownies and it ended up giving me a nice buzz all day long. It wasn't anything crazy, but I definitely felt the effects and I'm a heavy smoker. Next time around I'm going to use about 30 to 40 grams of duff and see how much stronger it is.

VapourFighter,

jklasd

I finished a batch yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. I used 20 grams of duff in about 1 cup of coconut oil. What I found strange was that when the coconut oil separated from the water, the coconut oil was green and the water was brown. Any suggestions on why that would of happened would be appreciated.

So, I used a 1/4 cup of the coconut oil in the brownies and it ended up giving me a nice buzz all day long. It wasn't anything crazy, but I definitely felt the effects and I'm a heavy smoker. Next time around I'm going to use about 30 to 40 grams of duff and see how much stronger it is.
how much do you vape out of your weed? is your duff dark or light brown? any green left?

jklasd,

VapourFighter

I vap out most of it. The duff is brown in colour, usually on the darker side. Sometimes there is a bit of green left in a bowl, but that is in the middle and isn't enough to bother running through again.

VapourFighter,

jklasd

hmm. i only ask cuz i vape my good and is brown to a darker brown usually. i have about 23g, possibly more. just trying to compare it to mine. i mean its very much possibly your herb is better then mine or visa versa, and theres no way to tell, but the colour of your weed helps me understand how my own could/should work. thanks:)

jklasd,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
its funny that i came across this thread because i was just about to make some brownies today.

illadelph,

Monsoon

VapourFighter said:
The water absorbs all the icky stuff, while the oil absorbs some of the chlorophyll and the cannabinoids.

If you make your coconut oil potent enough, you can use it on your skin directly or mix with some beeswax. Coconut oil alone is great for the skin, cannabis just makes it more medicinal. You can use it to help heal cuts, aches and pains, could even help skin cancer.

Back on topic, I usually use about 6-8g of duff in my brownies which is about a month's worth. I make clarified butter and extract the duff in butter and water for 6-8 hours. Strain then pop in the fridge (or freezer if I'm impatient). I cut the brownies into 16 pieces, and it varies between 0.5 to 2 pieces to get a good effect that lasts several hours.

Just be careful if you share with friends. It does not mix well with alcohol and people will often go for a second piece before the first have fully kicked in.

Monsoon,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
i thought my batch turned out rather well. i used like 5 grams of ABV and an ounce of some regular shit. it got me retarted but apparently everyone that bought them off me said they didnt feel them that much. i guess next time ill use more.

illadelph,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
dude you bunked your homies with duff!!!

you need like 30 grams per cake mixture for it to be any form off sell-able

:2c:

Hennessy1414,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
ohhhh shit my bad..i thought the greens were meant to become avb..ahha my bad. did you let the butter cool after you strained it?

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

jklasd

made some brownies using avb. i had between 23-24 grams. i wish i could tell you the exact number, but i forgot to check before making the brownies :lol:. my avb was a dark brown with some light brown mixed in. i dont have a picture but for comparsion, if you look at vtac's picture of his herb in the bowl, mine was a little darker then his, but still had some of that light brown in it. my buddy made the brownies using quaker brownie mix. i wish i knew the measurements that he used but following the directions, we used enough mix to make one batch. we used butter and not oil (he cooks alot and said their should be no difference in how it works compare to any oil, lie coconut, olive, etc. the only process we didn't do was straining it, mostly because he didn't feel the need or want to. he said its too much of a mess. now for the good part. eating of them. we divided the batch (a standard batch, i believe the recomended amount on the quaker bag) into halfs. one half was mine while the other was my buddies. he ate all of his, within 20 minutes, so about 11-12 grams. i ate mine slowly, and only could eat half of my half. i didn't much like the taste, but it wasn't a overpowering taste. if we had icing, it possibly could have help. now the high. for me, eating only 6 grams, i felt rough. i happened to get sick, and then after that, i felt very much couch locked like i couldn't move and my eye became very heavy, couldn't keep them open. should be noted that im still a light weight user and this is my first time eating brownies. my buddy, who is more of a heavier user and had brownies before, said that for only 10 minutes was it really bad for him, but he had the same cant-move-cant-keep-eyes-open feeling that i had. all in all it was ok, minus the sickness. we both figured the effects were of too much weed in the brownies. and thats my experience with avb brownies.
a few questions. 1. i still have some brownies, about 6 grams worth of avb in them. how long can i store them and how should i store them. right now they are in a ziploc bag, 2 days after being made, and are still soft. i wont be able to eat any for a while, due to plans this weekend and work. 2. was using butter instead of oil a mistake? im not knowledgeable in the cooking department, but it seems like most of the bakers in here are using oil. 3. does what i described seem like we used to much avb/ ate too many brownies? thanks for the help in advance.

jklasd,

owin

hey everyone,
first time poster long time reader here. i just thought i'd make a quick post. i am currently making brownies using this recipe. i used 24g of good quality vaped herb. looked a little darker than in those pictures. they are in the oven now. i will update if they were successful. thanks for the recipe!

owin,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I made a new batch of AVB goods last weekend. It weighed out to 79.7 grams of AVB and ~20grams of finely chopped stems.

We double boiled 3 sticks of butter for about an hour at a relatively low setting, before mixing everything up and cooking it at 330 for an extended period of time.

How did they turn out?

Amazing. All gone now, but man did they pack one helluva punch. My friends said it was 'too much!!!' Hehe, not for me though... :ko:

If I figure out how to get pics off my cellphone I'll upload them here. :)

SpiralArchitect,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Made another cake. 15-ish grams of fully duffed AVB. packs a pretty good punch. made about an 1/8th a cup of green canola oil :D I always use a lid while cooking and stir every 5-10 minutes. never go beyond medium heat. find what you like best.

IMG_0363.jpg

stems were in there too ;)

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

oil just put into duff^

IMG_0370.jpg

^duff after 15 minutes

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q204/hennessy1414/IMG_0367.jpg (those last two pics with flash)

IMG_0377.jpg

after 45 minutes of cooking I dump all the remains in a french coffee press. I press out all the oil and leave all the messy burnt buff behind :brow:

I let the oil cool off in the freezer, covered in a bowl, for 45 minutes. once its cool I begin to make the cake.

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

Flash^ (these images were taken while the oil was still HOT)

IMG_0378.jpg

....and, well, that's all she wrote

Hennessy1414,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
You should really heat up the oil before adding the herb. 15g seems like a really low dose ( I use more than that with regular weed brownies). Did it do the trick?

SpiralArchitect,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
...oh I knew I forgot a step. Ya I always get the oil melty before I add it to the mix. a lot easier to mix

oh it does the trick :brow:

Hennessy1414,

ILoveRadiohead!

I have about 8g or a 1/4 cup of high quality duff saved up and I was planning on making a small pan of brownies. Anyone have a good rule of thumb for how much oil to use and how much fresh material to add to make a decently strengthened batch?

The duff is pretty green and I could get 1-2 more PD hits off it if I cared to and the new ice I just picked up is of decent strength.

ILoveRadiohead!,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
simply melt a quarter cup of butter in a frying pan...add the duff and stir it around...if its not completely saturated in oil then add more butter. Personally, I eye EVERYTHING out. adding to something as I see fit.

Hennessy1414,

Mr 202

Instead of brownies I made a cake. Used 60gm and 1 cup and half of oil. This was the best cake it took bout 2hrs to kick but when it did it was massive; it lasted bout 6 hrs. This was truly a Strawberry Space Cake :o:o:o:brow::brow:

Mr 202,
Top Bottom