Vapor Brownies (ABV Cannaoil)

Fudgebox

down to broaden the horizons
2clicker said:
wait... is the assumption correct that if your arent going to strain that you dont need to simmer the ABV and oil for an hour...

since the ABV is going in the brownies why even need to heat it with the oil at all?

sorry for double post but ya same thing if you look at the ABV the tutorial has, the buds are still pretty green, maybe those buds needed a bit more time in a hotter temp so the extraction is more effecient?

Fudgebox,

2clicker

Observer
Fudgebox said:
2clicker said:
wait... is the assumption correct that if your arent going to strain that you dont need to simmer the ABV and oil for an hour...

since the ABV is going in the brownies why even need to heat it with the oil at all?

sorry for double post but ya same thing if you look at the ABV the tutorial has, the buds are still pretty green, maybe those buds needed a bit more time in a hotter temp so the extraction is more effecient?

but why extract at all if the ABV is going into the brownies anyway...?

your going to consume it either way... why take the time to extract?

2clicker,
Fudgebox said:
look at the ABV the tutorial has, the buds are still pretty green, maybe those buds needed a bit more time in a hotter temp so the extraction is more effecient?
if u vape @ low blu vapor temp 365 degrees, the abv will b less lite brown, mor green & hav gr8 actives thcx probably

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

vape4health

Im a nasty bitch and just throw ABV flour into anything that needs some kick , strong taste but its super easy and works for me .

vape4health,

Fudgebox

2clicker said:
Fudgebox said:
2clicker said:

but why extract at all if the ABV is going into the brownies anyway...?

your going to consume it either way... why take the time to extract?

when i mean extraction i mean extraction via the green material into the oil (the actual thc extraction, not the extract extra oil from leftover green material)

Fudgebox,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Anyone want to comment on the comparison between the original post in this thread versus the leeching method? My preference is the leeching but I've gotten great results with both.

jeffp,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
On my 3rd batch of brownies now. OP style, 1 hour low heat and strained through coffee filter. I use a cup of canola oil and approx 24g of zap and lb abv. I lose some in the strain but end up with 2/3 to 3/4 cup oil which is what most recipes call for. There is some abv taste if I eat some the night i make them but the next day there is little to none at all. They are strong as shit and everyone cant fucking believe that its from "that shit that's leftover" If anyone hasn't done this yet its easy as shit and a "must try" IMO

Correct me if im wrong but doesn't the hour of slow simmering extract all (95%+) of the goods from the abv into the oil? I think the amount of usefull goodies left in the simmered, strained bud is not worth jacking up the taste by dumping it into the mix. and try triple choc brownie mix too

JDSupreme,

Fudgebox

jeffp said:
Anyone want to comment on the comparison between the original post in this thread versus the leeching method? My preference is the leeching but I've gotten great results with both.

i have just finished my testing on the two methods, with 60.2 grams in both the leeching method, and the cooking method with about 600 ml worth of olive oil used in both methods.
i have made "infused" garlic mash potatoes using these oils(one pack of Lipton's Sidekicks mash potatoes and roasted chicken gravy and one table spoon of medication)

Leech method: i got fucked up rated: 4.6/5 (first meal of the day)
cooking method: i got fucked up rated: 4.3/5 (first meal was a small bowl of cereal)

long story short, i dont think there is a real difference in which method you take, i did use a fair amount of the shake into the oils so that could be a reason why i could not tell the difference between the two methods(if any at all)..... but yeah... i got fucked up... and they were some good fucking mash potatoes

if you want to be lazy and you worry about the smell alot the leeching method works fine, just make sure that you cook your shit properly in the oven.

Fudgebox,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
So I have about 9 grams of shake from the bottom of a quarter pound and about 4 grams of abv and stems..

Im Just curious if that would make too potent of a brownie.. Anything I should know about using a lot of fresh bud?

HighSti,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
I just made another batch. I have been using 23-24g of LB ABV. This time i decided to use my coffee grinder on the ABV before dumping in the oil...it turned into brown sawdust and basically dissolved into the oil like koolaid powder. I also used 4g less since i was fine grinding it. I will report back in a few days if I notice a difference. There was a few tablespoons of abv sludge leftover after straining....much more dissolved and stayed in the oil doing it this way

When i just manually grinded the abv before dumping in the oil before, it took much longer to turn the oil dark, but still did fine. This time was really like powdered drink mix abv :p

JDSupreme,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
Well I ended up making my batch of brownies and also added about double to weed I had before. My first time making brownies myself but they turned out very successful. This batch was SUPER dank almost to the point that you didnt want to be any higher.

Bag Tared 18.5 Grams of fresh Purple Urkle

So I ended up cutting 8 large peices. 18.5/8=2.3 grams per brownie roughly.. some were split in half to deliver the smaller dose of 1.1.

The larger ones were ridiculously powerful putting me on the floor to enjoy the feeling of being stuck to the floor :ko: My friends and cousins all said it was an experience to be able to get that high off of marijuana.. I think the highest ive ever been was off this stash which really impresses me. Thanks a lot vtac for the easy to follow post, really helped me out when I was making them.

HighSti,

Nosferatu

I just made delicous cannaoil brownies with coconut and marshmallows and nuts using an ounce of swaag and then alot of ABV. I followed this recipe and it worked PERFECT this is the best way to do it I think.

Nosferatu,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
ive been through so many different brownie mixes!! these are so easy and work so good I just keep making them!! one of these days i gotta try to make butter or milk but right now im a brownie junky for sure

JDSupreme,

Tyg

Great Cat
Just did a successful batch of super brownies.

I had cleaned my vape whip with a half pint of grain alcohol, and used the same alcohol to extract from about 1 oz of well used herb. Result: about 1/2 cup of deep golden fluid that we've had on hand for over a month waiting for the right situation.

I took a fresh ounce of duff (oxymoron, but you know what I mean) and ground it fine in a mortar, and added 3/4 cup of oil (peanut, because 1) high smoke point, 2) neutral flavor, and 3) its what I had on hand), and the alcohol, then simmered it at a low temp, burning off the alcohol. I strained the resulting fluid through cheesecloth and recovered between 1/2 and 2/3 cup.

edit [ the simmering off of the alcohol is dangerous. HAVE A LID ON HAND. And raising the temp higher than a simmer is not a good way to hurry it. Use a pan rather than a pot for extra evap. surface ]

I used that oil (still with some alcohol, but very little) in a basic brownie recipe, greased the pan with the cheesecloth wad (waste not want not).

Cut into 16 servings. One hour later, and the report is very very good.

Tyg,

greystr0ke

I ended up making a new batch of brownies on Sunday. They consisted of 23 grams of AVB all from my iolite, Herborizer, and MFLB. The herb from the Herborizer and MFLB was a lot more potent then the AVB from the iolite. I also added two grams of Sour Diesel just for good measure.

With my previous batches I simply used a strainer and a spoon to get all the oil out of the nugs after letting it sit on low heat for an hour. This time I did that first and then I took all the AVB and placed it in saran wrap and the rolled it up. I poked a few small holes in the bottom of the saran wrap and I squeezed the shit out of it and so much more oil came out.

I used an 8x8 pan that yielded 9 brownies. I was drinking while making them on Sunday so my decision making wasn't all that great. I ate one at first and before it could fully kick in, I dumbly ate another half. I was sooooooo blazed. I woke up Monday morning and was still blazed and stayed so all day. It was kind of annoying. Yesterday I ate just a half and it was perfect.

greystr0ke,

CutePanda

So I currently have 16 grams of ABV. I'm going to let it continue to build until school ends and then make one batch that will hopefully take everyone to the moon. Theoretically, I could have an upwards of 30+ grams come May.

CutePanda,

JagerPuck

David
Not sure if this has been discussed and I have searched, but can I use my spent BHO stuff + abv in the oil?

JagerPuck,
One question: Is this a better, more efficient way than making cannabutter with your ABV?

My guess is cannabutter is probably more efficient because you can save it for longer, but this would be more potent.

True Chronic,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
i freeze my brownies so they last for weeks (hidden on the bottom)
fat's a good carrier for potency and flavor
chocolate's good camoflage for funk

i get such a kick hearing the stories about consuming too much accidently, happens to me too

so are people washing their ABV with water lately, or does doing the oil extraction on the stove get rid of most of the smell? (I wash in huge amounts of water for 48 hours)

VWFringe,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Tuck said:
Jeffp, do you still prefer the leeching method?

I definitely do prefer the leeching method unless there is an immediate desire for a batch. And again I do not strain the bud out of the oil at the end but rather add it both to the brownie mix. I do use an electric coffee grinder to turn the ABV into fine powder. I keep leftovers in the freezer and they last for probably months... most likely with a slight degradation of potency.

These has to be the best brownie mix available -
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002LCKPU0/ref=wms_ohs_product_T2

I refer to Vtac's original recipe and cook at 325 even if the recipe calls for 350.

jeffp,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
jeffp said:
Tuck said:
Jeffp, do you still prefer the leeching method?

I definitely do prefer the leeching method unless there is an immediate desire for a batch. And again I do not strain the bud out of the oil at the end but rather add it both to the brownie mix. I do use an electric coffee grinder to turn the ABV into fine powder. I keep leftovers in the freezer and they last for probably months... most likely with a slight degradation of potency.

These has to be the best brownie mix available -
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002LCKPU0/ref=wms_ohs_product_T2

I refer to Vtac's original recipe and cook at 325 even if the recipe calls for 350.

+1 to the leeching method. At the slow rate that I gather ABV a couple more days of leeching is no biggie.
ADD NUTS AND CREME DE MENTHE CHIPS!!

Ive experimented with a few different flavorings and I have settled on the fact that mint just tastes good with chocolate :D

AGBeer,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I read a post on some other site a while back regarding firecrackers and leeching the weed into the peanut butter and i reasoned that this should work just as well with AVB and oil. So that's how and why I introduced the idea in this thread, again, piggybacking on Vtac's very useful recipe.
I do believe that it's slightly superior and there are a few side benefits such as no smell when heating the oil because you're not simmering the oil. I could be wrong but I believe that the smell represents lost potency.
I do have to make a mental note to buy creme de menthe chips.

jeffp,

CutePanda

I'm making a batch right now. The oil is cooling off right now.

Used around 28g of brown (almost dark brown) ABV + 2g of fresh herb.

Will be using the Ghiradelli Ultimate Fudge Brownie Mix and it's great because the box says to bake these at 325 degrees. The recipe calls for 1/4 cup water and 1/3 cup vegetable oil and I ended up with about 1/2 cup of ABV so I just used 1/2 cup vegetable oil. Won't be adding water unless the consistency appears wrong.

Not sure how potent they will be as I usually try to thoroughly vape the herb. I'll report back though.

Edit: 1/2 cup oil gave me about 1/4 cup oil after strained/squeezed through cheesecloth using my BEAR hands. So I added some water. Next time I will use a garlic press.

CutePanda,
Top Bottom