Vaporbrothers Dabbler & Eleven Pen

Vitolo

Vaporist
You could be taking some risk as the 510 battery may have no circuit for protection.
As for search button.. I have been "searching" for, that thing for days!
Anyone know anything about it?

530rasta

getting excited, the dabbler should be here mid week, just in time for a trip to the bay area to see family and stock up on co2 stuff. yeee

thanks again for all the info everyone.

530rasta,

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
yea i just wish there was some way of knowing if this thing has parts with lead in it, or if the plastics are able to not off gas when exposed to high temps ect.

i havent got a vape pen for the past couple years bc im not sure if they are safe.

id love for someone to show me

and thanks vaporbrothers for the reply, however i found it a bit vague..do you think you might be able to give some more hard info on how this pen is safe to use?

thanks

Hi, I see how it can be vague but the non-vague answer won't fit in a forum post. And further, it reveals our hard-won methods for controlling our supply. We are incredibly finicky when it comes to what we inhale, and for what it's worth to the conversation, our brand preference is to use VB pens exclusively. Both Vape Pen and VB have methods we've learned over time and would rather not share with competitors. Last time I revealed a way we check for contaminants, the competition copied what I said word for word as if they had done the same thing (which they surely didn't). So if we're vague, this should shed some light on that. Also, keep in mind there are other things in daily life that can be less safe (like the material you inhale through the pen - regardless of being organic).

What would be really awesome is if there were industry wide standards set by a well funded independent 3rd party. :)

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
You could be taking some risk as the 510 battery may have no circuit for protection.
Search feature was temporarily disabled, I assume we'll get it back once the site is fully migrated to a new server that can accommodate FC's traffic.

andintheend0

I didn't realize this so I just got a simple Evod pen for cheap... It will be a little while before I can afford the full dabbler set. I'm not getting much out using it at 3.2V, is the heater supposed to get hot on the outside?

e

andintheend0,

GetToTheChoppa

I don't think I have felt mine get warm on the outside.

Might be careful about how long you hold the button if using it at 3.2v. The instructions say you can hold for 10 seconds using the stock battery.

Your battery will make the cart run hotter. So maybe try pulsing the button few seconds on...few seconds off...while inhaling the entire time.

Also you might need to really saturate the wick the first time using it. I was confused about this. I'm noticing bigger hits the more I use the dabbler.

andintheend0

So I should let the walls by the coil get all crusty? I've used it 3 times and about half the goods have fallen to the bottom, dunno how I'd ever get it out

andintheend0,

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
So I should let the walls by the coil get all crusty? I've used it 3 times and about half the goods have fallen to the bottom, dunno how I'd ever get it out

.....well... gravity... I just hit it sideways/upside down 4-5 times, pulsing the button, slowly getting all the goods on the side/cup to assimilate back into the wick.

Pretty easy.

SlinginPaint,
Reactions: jon-no-h

530rasta

Anyone here just fill up the whole ceramic bowl? Im curious if that would work lol

I love this thing so far,

one cool thing about some of the pure co2 is that it comes in a syringe, making loading the dabbler suuuuppper easy. I have some amazing pure co2 sap in a small jewel dish though, and it is so stickyy and hard to get the dabbler loaded without making a mess. The syringe makes it easy, i just push out a small gopher and melt it on the wick, super simple. Im not saying the other tool doesnt work, but with the syringe it is easy to just push out what you need and not have a messy dab tool/dabbller ect

i will be getting some toothpics for on the go, ala Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have inadvertently wound up with a full ceramic bowl.
The air flow becomes impeded.. and will require a moment of heat to make the cups contents liquid enough for the air flow to "bubble through" the captured puddle.
Yes it works, but it is an easier more carefree hit if the cup is not filled.

530rasta

how about taste on the ceramic wick vs. the traditional glass thread wick?

ive not tried the new ceramic wick yet

530rasta,

SnaiceOne

Ceramic tastes great, can't say I really notice a difference taste-wise between the ceramic and the glass, if anything the ceramic tastes a little better but they both taste good, especially with that first toot.

530rasta

yea thanks,

i have both but have only used the glass threaded one so far. i enjoy the first two hits, but after that it kinda tastes a bit like electronic vape

ill try the other tonight

530rasta,

SnaiceOne

So far I haven't found any pens that don't have this same effect, after the first 2-3 freshy hits you get some flavor that isn't quite as nice, but you're still vaping the oil. My workaround has been to just load it more frequently with less in each load, this kind of helps keep it fresh. Sure it's more maintenance, but keeps it fresher. I'd say this flavor issue is definitely a little better with the ceramic than the glass for me.

SnaiceOne,
Reactions: 530rasta

530rasta

well now for some reason after a days use, the ceramic rod seems to just melt the co2 oil right off after one hit.

i went back to the fiber wick, as i can seems to get 3 hits off a good load

i pushed the button dwn for 9 seconds, then lifted, and repeated many many times (also did it upside down), until the wick was actually white again, i did smell kinda burnty smell a bit, not sure what thats from, im guessing oil residue mixed with highly heated coils/fibers...not a fan of how often this thing needs loading

i cant seem to get 100 percent satisfaction from any vape pen i try, im thinking of just giving up.

530rasta,
Reactions: Vitolo

VaporWarehouse

Retailer
wick
transitive verb
: to cause (fluid or moisture) to be pulled away from a surface (such as your skin)

The wick serves a purpose as described in the definition above. This is something the ceramic rod cannot do as well as a wick. ;)

530rasta

too much funky taste after 3 days of testing, two hits of good taste then burnt electric wire taste, nasty...back to the Solo
another wasted hundo lol dam

530rasta,

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
I think your taking too long of hits... Try hittin the button for only 4 second at a time, then letting off for 1 sec, then back on. I found that the longer button holds produce that wierd taste. I can keep it in check though by pulsing with the above pattern.

SlinginPaint,
Reactions: paytonpenn

530rasta

i appreciate your reply, but in all honesty, this thing still smells like 'China" even with small puff.

So basically I get two pinner sized hits before i need to reload again (which is a process itself), and waste even more oil to the sides, wick burnoff ect.

I hyped myself up on this product (bad habit) but in all honesty i give it 2/5 stars. Its discreet and looks nice, that's about it. These pens are just fast ways to make a buck, nothing more. I feel like an idiot being tricked again. I doubt this product costs much to produce. All the parts are very cheap when bought in bulk except perhaps the battery but thats not much either

I should have learned from the omicron...which ended up in my local dump btw

530rasta,

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
Hm I am sorry to hear that. I don't use mine every day, I use it for portable situations.

I will say that the my first Dabbler had a battery issue causing the coil to run hot and burn the oil and make it taste bad. VaporWarehouse sent me a new battery/cartridge and everything has been gravy since.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
i appreciate your reply, but in all honesty, this thing still smells like 'China" even with small puff.

So basically I get two pinner sized hits before i need to reload again (which is a process itself), and waste even more oil to the sides, wick burnoff ect.

I hyped myself up on this product (bad habit) but in all honesty i give it 2/5 stars. Its discreet and looks nice, that's about it. These pens are just fast ways to make a buck, nothing more. I feel like an idiot being tricked again. I doubt this product costs much to produce. All the parts are very cheap when bought in bulk except perhaps the battery but thats not much either

I should have learned from the omicron...which ended up in my local dump btw

In other words, all of the experienced happy users in this thread can't tell this is a cheap product and have been exaggerating about its performance.

I noticed you also dumped the Omicron. When you have an experience that is 180° from that of the majority, there are really only two explanations. One is that you got a malfunctioning unit. The other—and the most likely since you had the same experience with two different vapourizers—is that you never figured out how to use the devices properly. A lot of users, including me, couldn't get more than a couple of hits from the Dabbler in the beginning. Then we learned how to load it and hit it right, something I don't think you managed.

Also, I have a pretty sensitive sense of taste and I don't get a funky flavour from mine. Since we don't have a lot of reports here about that, I don't believe it is a normal characteristic of the Dabbler.

Top Bottom