Vaporbrothers Dabbler & Eleven Pen

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
Can i buy the $35 3in1 Ceramic Core Heater and install on my own 510 battery? What voltage is the battery that comes with the complete pen?
Thanks!!

Sure- all our parts are 510 standard at the moment. It's discouraged to mix because there's a big chance other brand stuff will shorten the life of Dabbler parts. Dabbler's battery and heater are matched to each other- not just resistance, but the resistance change with temperature. Vape-Pen expressly forbids mixing and considers the warranty voided if you use Dabbler parts with other brands. We don't care what you do with your own stuff, although please keep in mind that burnouts in this case wouldn't be covered- and it's often possible for us to tell. Sorry about that. (and you're welcome)

Battery voltage varies with the heater so I need to get back to you on that after testing a battery. It's 3.9V without a load, which is useless info btw. I'll edit this reply tomorrow if I can.

are these things still made in china?
im trying to get a pen i can feel safe about using regarding high temps, plastics ect. yes im a paranoid dude, i cant help it,
pm me if ya could on a recc, thanks

Great super deep questions.

Be very afraid, and so are we, because all the e-cig type vapor pens that I know come in part from China. E-cigs were first invented there, and it seems no USA manufacturer wants to touch this impossible combination of cheapness and complication. Vape-Pens actually come from many different countries. Technically "Assembled in California" in the same place where Vape-Pen designed it. Regardless, for us to put Vaporbrothers' name on something, we have to ensure that you are not inhaling any strange plastics, metals, lead, etc. Materials are way better all around, especially where it counts for longevity of the pen or yours. We keep a pretty obsessive level of control over the supply, such as purchasing parts that really matter from the best sources around the globe. For example, Vape-Pen purchases his heating wire from the EU where standards are generally higher. His ceramic core is from a completely different industry. We're not necessarily anti Chinese anyway for products that are not "Made in USA." In some perfect situations where we can inspect the factory and interview the workers directly, (might even involve getting drunk with them) we know we can get a high quality product. :)

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
We're not necessarily anti Chinese anyway for products that are not "Made in USA." In some perfect situations where we can inspect the factory and interview the workers directly, (might even involve getting drunk with them) we know we can get a high quality product. :)

What about the work conditions and pay? That is what bothers me about China labor most. :peace:

aesthyrian,

GetToTheChoppa

Sure- all our parts are 510 standard at the moment. It's discouraged to mix because there's a big chance other brand stuff will shorten the life of Dabbler parts. Dabbler's battery and heater are matched to each other- not just resistance, but the resistance change with temperature. Vape-Pen expressly forbids mixing and considers the warranty voided if you use Dabbler parts with other brands. We don't care what you do with your own stuff, although please keep in mind that burnouts in this case wouldn't be covered- and it's often possible for us to tell. Sorry about that. (and you're welcome)

Battery voltage varies with the heater so I need to get back to you on that after testing a battery. It's 3.9V without a load, which is useless info btw. I'll edit this reply tomorrow if I can.
Thanks for the reply!!! Im struggling to fully comprehend what you wrote. Are you saying the Dabbler battery is interactive in a way? For example does it have a "brain" that automatically starts to reduce voltage based on time maybe? Its a 3.7v battery cell how does it differ from any other 510 battery?

Think im going to buy the complete pen right now. But im curious the differences in batteries. I have a Watt Meter will prolly rig that sucker inline between the battery and the Dabbler cart. Would be interesting to see and measure the actual watts supplied to the cart as you hold down the button.

I see the coupon codes in your signature. Very cool thanks for that!!!

GetToTheChoppa,

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
What about the work conditions and pay? That is what bothers me about China labor most. :peace:

This could be its own thread somewhere maybe? The more high end factories run really clean operations. Workers seem pretty well off. Families stay together so there are a lot of incomes per household.

vaporbrothers,
Reactions: aesthyrian

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Are you saying the Dabbler battery is interactive in a way? For example does it have a "brain" that automatically starts to reduce voltage based on time maybe? Its a 3.7v battery cell how does it differ from any other 510 battery?

Is has a micro-controller in it. Hopefully someone can elaborate on how it works and what exactly it does.

aesthyrian,

SnaiceOne

You'll be very happy with the dabbler, it's a solid pen. The cartridges I've had are all doing great, especially after a little bath in alcohol and a little scrub with a tootbrush after some use.

SnaiceOne,
Reactions: hoptimum

530rasta

I contacted Vapor Warehouse this morning via e-mail and they said all parts are manufactured in China.

yea i just wish there was some way of knowing if this thing has parts with lead in it, or if the plastics are able to not off gas when exposed to high temps ect.

i havent got a vape pen for the past couple years bc im not sure if they are safe.

id love for someone to show me

and thanks vaporbrothers for the reply, however i found it a bit vague..do you think you might be able to give some more hard info on how this pen is safe to use?

thanks

530rasta,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Mine had no carb, I removed the plastic mouthpiece so now the cone is the mouthpiece. Easy to mate to glass and pull a nice rip through. I'm also using the ceramic core more than the other one.

Quetzalcoatl,

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
No carb on my Dabbler. I never weight out what I put in, but I am going to guess and say you can put in at most .1. Its a load as you go pen. Now I have filled up the ceramic cup and had it go for a long time, butit was messy, but doable. No clogging though!

SnaiceOne

I prefer not to put too much on mine...it can handle a big glob, but it does tend to be more messy. It seems to work better if you pack in smaller amounts more frequently.

GetToTheChoppa

Proud new owner as of yesterday!!! First time using one of these suckers. Im a big fan of instructions and read them more than once. I still have a few questions for everyone and @vaporbrothers.

1. What type of lithium battery is this? Its called a lithium polymer, but normally those batteries do not like being stored in a fully charged state. Yet the dabbler is shipped fully charged, and the instructions say to keep it fully charged.

Is it a special chemistry lipo that doesnt mind being stored fully charged? Or is the idea that its best to just keep it fully charged for the best overall vaping experience? As the battery life will not be too dramatically reduced?

2. I also am curious how much to load. Can you load more or less depending on the type of concentrate? The instructions say quality and quantity matters. It mentions adding an amount of concentrate 1/8" (4mm) around. My first thought was ok great a size measurement, but which one? An 1/8" is much closer to being 3mm. Just a friendly comment it might be something to correct if they ever print out a new batch of instructions.

--------------------------------------------------
Onto the good news!!! So the Dabbler showed up yesterday and i went to town building adapters to test power while under a load. I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo impressed by the Dabbler battery!! I realize performing tests is going to void my warranty. I dont care. I want to buy more Dabbler batteries now for my other accessories!! I plan to recommend this battery to anyone who wants to listen.

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned the Dabbler battery seems to taste better and run cooler than even his variable voltage battery turned down to 3.2v. You were absolutely correct!! The Dabbler battery does in fact run much lower than the 3.2 variable voltage.

GetToTheChoppa,
Reactions: aesthyrian

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I use to try and overdo it and load bigger dabs for multiple hits, but I noticed that most of the excess dab would just melt off of the wick and drop down into the bottom of the ceramic dish.

It's best to load maybe a little bit more than you can use in one hit, IME. That little extra is there to help keep the wick saturated so you can avoid foul combustion-like taste.

aesthyrian,
Reactions: Vitolo

andintheend0

So I'm taking my chances and using the ceramic heater with my regular 510 battery with adjustable voltage. What voltage should I heat this at? 3.7? It ranges from 3.2-4.8.

I couldn't search the thread for an answer because I'm new to this forum and can't find the search button. Does it exist?

Thanks for the help.

andintheend0,
Top Bottom