Vaporbrothers Dabbler & Eleven Pen

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am done with testing the heater....
which I have cleaned twice in the fashion I demonstrated.
I did put a new heater on to try some special Girl Scout Cookie wax, whose flavor needed my attention, and when I was done, I put my original back on and it has been going ever since.
I have intentionally overheated it once I had a backup.
I abused this baby, and passed it to friends to use, that have rough moves.
I panicked and wanted an extra heater so I could experiment with cleaning, and now I found that I can be a flavor grabber as well.
So, when you get the Dabbler, you should consider extra Heaters....
.... for purity of flavors, but you do not have to buy extra heaters thinking that they will die quickly.
This darned Dabber is a good tool!

VapeSpace

I am done with testing the heater....
which I have cleaned twice in the fashion I demonstrated.
I did put a new heater on to try some special Girl Scout Cookie wax, whose flavor needed my attention, and when I was done, I put my original back on and it has been going ever since.
I have intentionally overheated it once I had a backup.
I abused this baby, and passed it to friends to use, that have rough moves.
I panicked and wanted an extra heater so I could experiment with cleaning, and now I found that I can be a flavor grabber as well.
So, when you get the Dabbler, you should consider extra Heaters....
.... for purity of flavors, but you do not have to buy extra heaters thinking that they will die quickly.
This darned Dabber is a good tool!

Once again, thank you for all the informative info you've supplied us with.

SoCalR6

I picked one up and think it works great. I'm new to concentrates. Have a Volcano and Magic Flight. This tool does the job. No worries about carts loading. I also picked up a spare heater just in case. Saves me money and medicates very well and super quick and discrete.

NYC5IKH5jabi

Hey guys the unit started heating without the button being pushed in. Burned out my heater. Bought another one and again it burned out. My battery is no good I'm guessing. Soo bummed.

NYC5IKH5jabi,

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
Hey guys the unit started heating without the button being pushed in. Burned out my heater. Bought another one and again it burned out. My battery is no good I'm guessing. Soo bummed.

my gosh, yes we'll replace the battery and at least one heater. let me talk to my folks about it.

fyi, in the future, use this link to get $5 off dabbler heaters. we intended this for new users to help them buy their first replacement heater for $21. it was too tedious to set restrictions, so we left it wide open for anybody to use. no limit. please only share here, thank you.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am still using that 1st Heater.
The second that I used for flavor testing sits at standby.
In spite of a diminished appearance of the coil, the Dabbler is working as it should.

Life is a series of decisions and tradeoffs.
The pens that load more wax are wonderful.
the hits can vary, but they always get you where you want to be.
A good hit can be figured out with any of my favorite oil pens.

True, you can not load more than a dab..
Each hit from the Dabbler is as thick as I could want.
No waiting or priming...
I have not been disappointed yet.

If I buy just a heater, it should work with other 510 devices? Do I need anything else, or I'm ready to vape out of the package?

edit: Requires the Dabbler battery, cone, mouthpiece, each sold separately.

So is that an Ego cone and a drip tip then?

Vitolo

Vaporist
The Heater does not fit all 510 devices.
This is an old discussion... almost every thread that has a new device introduced goes through a discussion of how to cut corners and use only certain parts and then try to use other batteries etc. to make a vape function (a combo of parts).
This is best experimented with on one's own.
When I recommend an item like the Dabbler, I recommend it based on the condition that the maker wishes to deliver the item in.
In the thread devoted to Vapor Brothers and their Dabbler, I can not in good conscience condone discussion of how to avoid buying the kit from company that I am here to praise.

The Heater does not fit all 510 devices.
This is an old discussion... almost every thread that has a new device introduced goes through a discussion of how to cut corners and use only certain parts and then try to use other batteries etc. to make a vape function (a combo of parts).
This is best experimented with on one's own.
When I recommend an item like the Dabbler, I recommend it based on the condition that the maker wishes to deliver the item in.
In the thread devoted to Vapor Brothers and their Dabbler, I can not in good conscience condone discussion of how to avoid buying the kit from company that I am here to praise.

Sorry if I missed it, I have been following this thread since the beginning.

It's not about cutting corners, there are a number of atomizers that work across a variety of devices. I have more batteries of different types, sizes, configurations, brands, capacities, etc (as I'm sure you do also), that adding another to my collection is not something I'm interested in.

What I am interested in is another decent oil cart to fit on my some of my battery kits and use in conjunction with some of my other favourites - namely, DART and Omi carts.

If the dabbler heater won't work on any other devices - even with an adapter, then that's fine. It's another $30 I didn't really need to spend anyhow.

I'm not sure I'd view it as me avoiding buying from Vapor Brothers... rather I'm looking for a way to give them my business, despite not needing their whole kit.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I feel ya..
I still had to say my thing~ :)
The Heater like I said fits some.
I have a dozen Battery types.
A couple are standard and from same place... and the dabbler fits one, but not the other.
I see no difference in my Ego batteries, that both fit same carts... yet the Heater does not screw onto one.
I also have one battery from madVapes that works very well (900 MAH Ego 510).. and it fits the Heater from Dabbler, but will not make my Dabbler coil glow.
You just have to take it on a case by case basis.

VaporTech

silently seeking
Thanks for the review Vito, very cool.
Flowers are possible if you insert a 3/8" screen.
Anyone yet evaluate this particular aspect of the VB dabbler? That line caught my eye, and I'd love to hear more on using flowers in the dabbler. Even if it's not it's intended number 1 purpose, multifunctionality is always nice.

VaporTech,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
OK....
I have the 3/8 screen... and as promised, it fits PERFECTLY.

There is room in the cap for herb... the cap and the multi holed ceramic filter including mouthpiece are a one piece "Cone" unit....
I also have a spare Heater available here...
I want very much to try this theory, but have a couple issues holding me back.
1- I have oils collected in mouthpiece/cone from vaping... that I was not ready to clean or use... and I do not want to put herb in on top of that!
2-I must come to decide if I am going to attempt this "straight up".. meaning will I use a naked Heater? If the heater is not already primed with BHO/wax/putty, then it will obviously glow red hot.... hotter than with oils on it in "dab" form. I will need to depress the power source for a period long enough to make the element glow red. What will happen to the "Scientific Glass" fibers then?... I fear I may with repeated heating wear "wire marks" into them and eventually through them, and melt them.....
Which may or may not matter if I am to continue using the unit after that for herb.. and possibly would not need the glass fibers to hold wax..
But will I burn the Heater out from so many dry firings?
3-The screen when in place touches (barely, but contact is unavoidable at one spot) the element
This could create an issue as the screen could get red hot (unless I toggle switch to obtain an even warming)
I will still decide details and then proceed.

Cleaning coils:
Success at the highest level came from placing a quarter inch of 99% Iso in a shotglass and agitating the Heater in this shot glass with coils down.
Intermittently I blot the coils on a paper towel. After a time, the wicking material is clean and almost white... and only gunk remains on the coils... you have all seen it in pictures.
Jewelers loop in my eye, I scraped with a dental pick along the coils as though following bthe line on a threaded screw. I would wipe the crud onto my finger every scratch and move on.... redipping in the "99" to refresh my work, and blotting here and there.
When it looked as done as could be, I hovered it between TIGHT fingers in front of the orifice of my shop vac, to remove moisture... and let it dry for a while, I have a very good looking Heater now that works like new also.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am happy that is happened for you on a Friday
And... the Dabbler is a great device to come home to for easy Friday fun.
(did she open and charge it for you?)
at any rate the charging is fast... and the unit - from load up to blast off is under 30 seconds, and you will be a fog machine~

Space Case

Is this the only one your all recommend for $100 or under? I need something small for occasional discrete wax hits. Some say cloud or sticky lips. A lot of cloud knockoffs.
I would like to pack a little more into it than this sounds like it takes...but should I take it that all these other units are garbage? I just need it small and to work with wax but hopefully not break in 2 weeks.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I found most to be garbage.
Dabbler is solid.
Nothing there to go wrong.
I have a spare heater that is sitting in wait .,.. but I have refreshed and tided my Heater repeatedly, and it is still as new.
Discreet wax hits, and big ones at that and the price is fair.
Price is just under 100 right now also...
This add is from the VaporWarehouse website.
You can touch it, I made it a link for you~

Vaporbrothers Dabbler by Vape-Pen Portable Vaporizer - Stainless
SALE PRICE: $99.99
Regular Price: $129.00
You Save: $29.01!
Sale Ends: 04/30/2013

Top Bottom