• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaporbrothers Dabbler & Eleven Pen

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I just got a Dabbler, and I have to say I really like it so far. :)

Ok, yes. I really, really love this Dabbler! It is a great addition to my vaporizer collection!

I am already thinking about getting the new heating element too! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 15608

We will have to let Linus answer that one. I only have access to one of the beta heaters and the rod appears to be a bit higher than the rod in the photo I took above.

Here's a photo I took of the beta heater we have been testing. Obviously this was taken before we started testing it. :brow: The one at the show and pictured above came from the production batch.

dabbler-ceramic-core-beta.jpg

Dear god this is what I have been waiting for!!! Please update us on a release date asap :D

rekrab

I was just looking over the kiss cart and Im not sure of the differences obviously between that and what vaporwarehouse has been showing. They look like a very similar setup, and really doesnt look that hard to rebuild. Being that the kiss cart is apparently rebuildable and I just ordered some wire off of fasttech, the rebuildable option seems intriguing so I really hope vaporbros has it as an option. I would way rather keep supporting them instead of going and getting an adapter to a fit the kiss cart. I understand the heaters are disposable somewhat but having the ability to build it back up would be a life saver and save the hassle of sending off for new ones. Especially up north here where Canada post uses sloths to deliver mail

OF

They look like a very similar setup, and really doesnt look that hard to rebuild. Being that the kiss cart is apparently rebuildable and I just ordered some wire off of fasttech, the rebuildable option seems intriguing so I really hope vaporbros has it as an option.

Did you perhaps miss my post a bit ago where I pointed out that the Dabbler heater is actually 3 pieces? Unlike KISS (apparently) the (heat producing) coil has non heat producing leads welded on, not something a home hobbyist is likely to be up to dealing with.

Just out of curiosity did you order Inconel wire like VB uses? Which alloy (there are several).

Making it 'the easy way' like D9 seems to be doing is perhaps more 'owner friendly' in this respect but it's got it's own set of issues. Getting something to make vapor is obviously not a big problem (lots of shaky stuff out there made from e-cigs.....), doing an outstanding job (like VB is) typically calls for extraordinary efforts and materials.

Good luck with it.

OF

rekrab

Did you perhaps miss my post a bit ago where I pointed out that the Dabbler heater is actually 3 pieces? Unlike KISS (apparently) the (heat producing) coil has non heat producing leads welded on, not something a home hobbyist is likely to be up to dealing with.

Just out of curiosity did you order Inconel wire like VB uses? Which alloy (there are several).

Making it 'the easy way' like D9 seems to be doing is perhaps more 'owner friendly' in this respect but it's got it's own set of issues. Getting something to make vapor is obviously not a big problem (lots of shaky stuff out there made from e-cigs.....), doing an outstanding job (like VB is) typically calls for extraordinary efforts and materials.

Good luck with it.

OF

Ahh must have missed that, to many cookies haha, totally get your point now though. Im looking for quality so I would usually stray toward the better of the two anyway. as for the wire i got is just some nichrome 33 AWG. not sure what that all means just learning so I wanted to fiddle around with a RDA off of fasttech. Still love my dabbler but damn this vaporization thing has got me hooked I already looking at other vapes for some herbs, maybe a Vaporblunt 2.0 or just a good ol Vaporbros box

VaporWarehouse

Retailer
anxiously awaiting the release of this heater, and AJ I will be in touch next week about my battery. Damn i love this dabbler!

Go ahead and e-mail me your details (service at vaporwarehouse dot com) and I can get the replacement ball rolling. I will be in the office around 9:30 am pst tomorrow.

Caligula

Maximus
Are you using Ti or NiChrome with the ceramic wick? And if NiChrome why not Ti? I ask because UP Tech also uses NiChrome wire.

Caligula,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I want to order the ceramic wick quite bad. I believe I will...as soon as I can.

I've been seriously thinking about that too, but I just got my Dabbler. I should probably play with it for a little longer. (ok, I know that sounded bad, but no cracks! This isn't the Parkinson's thread. :p )

Vicki,
Reactions: OF

mephisto

Well, dammit! I soaked my original heater too long and it looks like a train wreck. I will gladly order a replacement and hope that it is the newest version. Since the original heater was great, I expect the same if not better. Thanks to VB and VW for your presence and your support. Who gives a rat's ass who got it first, it really comes down to who gets it right.....Don't forget that discount code folks!

darkrom

Great Scott!
Well, dammit! I soaked my original heater too long and it looks like a train wreck. I will gladly order a replacement and hope that it is the newest version. Since the original heater was great, I expect the same if not better. Thanks to VB and VW for your presence and your support. Who gives a rat's ass who got it first, it really comes down to who gets it right.....Don't forget that discount code folks!

I'd wait until the new one is out if that is what you want. Otherwise I bet you'll get the same model.

darkrom,
D

Deleted member 15608

I should have an answer tomorrow. Could be as soon as this week. The "globe" for the Dabbler may be available this week as well. Although it's more of a tube than a globe but same concept. I will post here as soon as I receive confirmation.

Awwww yeaaaaa!!!

Deleted member 15608,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I'm waiting for my VB Dabbler, I hesitate a long time between it and DrDabber, both offer us good prices so I ordered a full kit to VB and a kit 3 in 1 from DrDabber to make a comparative review (not before 2 weeks, shipping delays).
It seem on FC that both are good pen vapes.....wait and see

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I'm outside the U.S, in Europe, but there is no delay, I ordered it end of the last week and i expect to receive it tomorrow (thanks to LCV).

Thanks to be carefull for your customers!

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
Thank you to everybody who has answered the questions I should have. Catching up here.

Thank you @rekrab @pakalolo @OF I appreciate what you guys say that we should be innovating something completely new. It's been brought up before- as I remember when we first told Medical Jane about Dabbler, he wouldn't review it and said something to the effect of "wtf, VB doesn't need to be making another vape pen..." So, true yes, well partly. Dabbler isn't our attempt to invent something brand new (and get knocked off / go broke), rather, to utilize existing vapor pen manufacturer(s) to make a pen as good as the available materials. We can micromanage our own vaporizer & the new VB2, but for the pen it's better to utilize people who already know what they're doing and to provide something that works today. I think that developing the next revolution in vapor pens needs to wait until the current one runs its course. We'd need investment on the level of Pax or Davinci to design a better pen from the ground up.

I'm beginning to really like this globe. It's similar in price to the Dabbler heater, so since it is more than a heater (has the glass and the mouthpiece included) it's a better deal. I've seen similar looking globes going for $2 wholesale but seriously.. don't inhale from those please- you'll get a thick hit even if you never loaded a dab. Vape-Pen's wire and wick will last longer and doesn't smoke at all when first heated up. The glass eliminates the threads, pulling off easily. It's a straight glass piece that's hard to break. Lots of other advantages.

@JoeKickass exactly... Vaping oil is best done with conduction and vaping herbs convection. Completely different systems & temperatures. Not saying the holy grail isn't possible though, just needs money and time. (a lot)

@matthend I let the clear o-ring get lost because I don't really want a good seal. I like airflow. If your case opens too easily I'll send you a new one. We have extras for this. Your battery is a warranty issue. Vaporwarehouse will send you a new one with a postage prepaid return envelope to send your old one back. @rekrab same deal.

The new ceramic core heater is finally here and shipping out tomorrowish to @VaporWarehouse . It should satisfy those who really want no glass wick. People who've tried it say the benefit of knowing there's no wick makes up for the lack of wicking action. The first prototypes were kicked back to the manufacturer because all the oil ran to the bottom but current models have lowered the coil and work more consistently. It takes a couple pushes of the button to get a big hit because the core itself takes time to heat. I still prefer the old heater but this one is definitely improving. @darkrom @OF @SlinginPaint @oweskeez

Vape-Pen is keeping the exact type of ceramic a total secret. He only will let on that it's sourced from a separate factory. It is pure white and doesn't scorch so we're pretty impressed.

@Mynameismud darnit it's being called silica when it's just a good type of glass. yes all glass contains silica, but anyway, the silica wick (it's not silica) is not lower but now that you point it out we'll see if we can change it in a future build. :)

Pictures of everything coming next time I can be on here. Have fun!

Top Bottom