• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaporbrothers Dabbler & Eleven Pen

OF

has anyone noticed that if you take your finger off the button after about 5-6 seconds, it stays on for the full 10 second cycle? I have noticed that quite a bit lately if I am trying to take smaller hits. Shorter button presses are fine, but anything over 5 or 6 (nonscientifically measured) will stay on till the cutoff.

No, I don't see that. I just checked, it seems a bit over 10 seconds to flashing light, but if I let go at say 7 or 8 it goes out right then. If I go 9 it usually does, but if I'm really close it flashes anyway. But the LED goes off when I let go of the button.

This with the cart unscrewed, but I doubt that changes anything? Maybe yours is sick?

OF

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Hate to say it in this thread but get a Magic Flight for this purpose. Or an Arizer Solo or Thermovape.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see a pen on the horizon that will do anything but combust flower. I know the Persei with the right attachments can do this but the Persei is hardly small or discreet when used this way. I'm skeptic when any company approaches us with a pen style vape that works with flower.

I deal with disappointed customers on a daily basis that purchase a pen thinking they work for flower. Knowing they want something in the low price range I always recommend the Magic Flight. And they are usually happy with that suggestion. Plus a Magic Flight will be around years after that non-replaceable lithium battery base is dead.

As for a Dabbler "globe". If Vape-Pen can produce a wickless ceramic nail with a borosilicate tube (none of the globes I've come across are borosilicate) and doesn't claim to have a titanium coil (no coil wouldbe even better), then we may have something a bit more unique than the run of the mill globes out there.
Also I might add that the persei has attachments for the herbs but it still does not function easily without a huge learning curve, I know vitolo has been successful but I and a few others have not gotten herb to work consistently in the persei.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Also I might add that the persei has attachments for the herbs but it still does not function easily without a huge learning curve, I know vitolo has been successful but I and a few others have not gotten herb to work consistently in the persei.
Yeah i have had nothing but frustration from it. More so after watching vitolos video and not being able to recreate the results.

That was with the blue rod though, which is being switched to the omicron. Gonna try it out with the 3.7V black rod which is now available to everyone i believe. Hoping for better results

Vitolo

Vaporist
There are two devices that allow herbal use with Persei.
Hercules cart, and Bender. I only used the Bender (all glass).. yes there is a learning curve!)
The other herb cart was the hercules 3.7 for Omicron. That was the device most have seen me using.
Large learning curve... true.
I made it look easy.. that's what I do, but I do agree it has a learning curve!

back to oil....
The Dabbler seems to be free of any learning curve, other than "how to clean".

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
Just checking in to see how everyone was doing with their Dabbler.

I think I have had mine about a month now, I have used it several times everyday and have had wonderful experiences with this. I am still on the original heater with no signs of giving up.

For me, this Dabbler is a total game changer, it is what I have been looking for for a long time. Pull it out, no heat up time, grab a couple of quick hits and it goes right back in my case. When I was a smoker, I loved my Dugout with a ciggie style looking bat. It was about as stealth as you could get while smoking. Once I found out about vaporization, I wanted something small, portable and quick and easy to use to get a quick buzz.

Before now, the Thermovape T1 was my weapon of choice for stealthy hits. It is the smallest convection (I'm a flavor man) flower vaporizer on the market and did not have a huge amount of smell when vaping in public.

I have hardly touched my flowers for a month now. All my buddies love this vaporizer and I get huge compliments on it all the time. Compliments along the lines of 'Man, am I messed up!'

My very first vaporizer was a VB box model that I still have today. I fell in love with vaporizing because of VB, and I have to say the quality and value in this portable is another indication of providing excellent products to their customers. I hope I get the lifespan from my Dabbler that I have my VB box model.

I have had quite a few really nice vaporizers over the last several years, IMO this is a perfect 10 out of 10. Thank you again VB and Vapor Warehouse, you guys have a lot to be proud of!

dime

Lost my Dabbler yesterday, still trying to find it.

Keeping the concentrate out of the threading is a challenge... I wish the bowls were deeper to keep it at a distance. Would rather a development like this moreso than a globe.

matthend

Wow, just got out the rig and did an old fashioned dab. I never realized how stale the air in the bubbler actually tastes before

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Lost my Dabbler yesterday, still trying to find it.

Keeping the concentrate out of the threading is a challenge... I wish the bowls were deeper to keep it at a distance. Would rather a development like this moreso than a globe.
I dont wish the bowl was deeper. I think its a pretty good size, i just wish the coil was lower in the bowl. I find that after the first couple times i load it, too much unvaporized oil remains under the coil, then when i go to reload it after the first few sessions i find that i need to preheat it longer and longer.

Maybe im loading to often? But when i load it the coil is usually visible and grey/ashy with a good amount of oil built up underneath

dime

I dont wish the bowl was deeper. I think its a pretty good size, i just wish the coil was lower in the bowl. I find that after the first couple times i load it, too much unvaporized oil remains under the coil, then when i go to reload it after the first few sessions i find that i need to preheat it longer and longer.

Maybe im loading to often? But when i load it the coil is usually visible and grey/ashy with a good amount of oil built up underneath

Same experience here. I guess by deeper I too meant that I wish the coil were lower. Probably the issue with having the coil lower would be clogging which is somewhat already a problem.

Going to piece together a cheaper unit and see how it compares, seeing as I still can't find my Dabbler.

Going to piece together a cheaper unit and see how it compares, seeing as I still can't find my Dabbler.

As a follow-up, yikes! Bought the cheapest $10 atomizer from a local ecig shop. Coil is very thin by comparison, my first thought. Did a dry run and the atomizer actually produces some sort of smoke in a dry run. Did several burnoffs and still produces very thick smoke with absolutely no concentrate added! What the fuck is producing this? Smells like burnt plastic and I will absolutely not vaporize with it. Ugh!

Stay far away from V8porTek, now I understand the cost premium of the Dabbler components.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

rekrab

Same experience here. I guess by deeper I too meant that I wish the coil were lower. Probably the issue with having the coil lower would be clogging which is somewhat already a problem.

As a follow-up, yikes! Bought the cheapest $10 atomizer from a local ecig shop. Coil is very thin by comparison, my first thought. Did a dry run and the atomizer actually produces some sort of smoke in a dry run. Did several burnoffs and still produces very thick smoke with absolutely no concentrate added! What the fuck is producing this? Smells like burnt plastic and I will absolutely not vaporize with it. Ugh!

Stay far away from V8porTek, now I understand the cost premium of the Dabbler components.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

damn dude sorry to hear that. i was interested in those v8portek ones, didnt ever hear much about them. shitty you had to deal with that.

side note. just went onto a home project trying to making my combusting bubbler capable of attaching to my dabbler. so far my setup will be a little goblet like bubbler with a blue camelback water tube going straight into the bubblers water( i wasnt able to do glass on glass with the bubbler, and i dont have the parts for that anyway). I hope this tube works. I will just shove my dabbler into the other end of the tube. The bubbler also has a shotgun so no problems pulling out :razz:. I was low on supplies so hopefully she turns out. i shall post some pics later if i get her working. wasnt sure if the camelback tube could be harmful or not

rekrab,

JSteez4205

aka Gordon NugzB
Just got my VB Dabbler from a LHS friday morning.. or was it thursday morning?? Haha been having Way, Way, Way too much fun with my first pen vape!! Have been dabbing with a normal oil rig for a little over a year now and while window shopping Glass at my LHS I noticed they had taken my recommendation(was in awhile ago and noticed they had everything else by VB so I mentioned that they were starting to produce an oil pen and they should look into it) and added the VB Dabbler to their Oil Pen line-up. Since I was the one that recommended they get this Pen, I thought it was my duty to purchase and test out the unit and report back to them and our community here my experience with this VB Pen.

Initial reaction is that the pen is very sleek with the SS model(resembles most e-cigs I see around) and breaks down nicely into a small travel case that is no bigger than a typical wallet. With just a little bit of concentrate added I was able to get nice clouds of vapor by only holding the button down for 4-5 seconds. Holding the button down for the full 10 seconds gives a STRONG, kind of harsh hit, but I have honestly been contributing the harshness to the product I've been loading in.. A purer bho or solventless concentrate would probably cut the harshness some.

I have put my Dabbler through multiple tests this weekend.. Did a silicone whip attachment to my hydratube for a Pen through Water filtration experiment that was quite nice(the guys at my work all loved this method and thought it genius).

Also was able to test the Dabbler out in public last night on the Patio of a local Pub. Sat outside vaping my concentrates without a single person giving me any kind of second look!! This was Awesome in my books as I live in a non-medical state and discretion is high on priority for now. I texted a few friends while I was medicating on the patio, telling them of my wonderful experience and expressing the need for them to also jump on board with purchasing a Dabbler.

Final Test took place today, the city closed down a major road strip in a popular part of town for 4 hours so that bicyclists and skateboarders and pedestrians could all ride, skate, walk, up and down the street for about a 4 mile stretch. Was a very fun, friendly, community thing to do, so I decided to partake in the walking(hurt my knee last weekend so no heavy physical stuff for me currently) and brought my Dabbler along to Vape as I walked.. Passed Many, Many police officers and security guards while I was hitting my Dabbler with once again not a single one looking twice my way :nod:

Overall I am very impressed with this Oil Pen Vape by VaporBrothers. Will see how long it holds up being a daily driver and I will check back into this thread periodically with any tips, tricks, or difficulties I may find with the Dabbler.

matthend

ok, where is the little clear rubber ring supposed to go? Does it go over the top of the heater and sit below the threads, or does it go at the top of the threads in the cone? Mine fell out and I really dont want to put it back in the wrong place. I thought my new heater should arrive today, but Columbus Day strikes again. My original is taking well over 5 secs to heat up, so i ordered a replacement.

Also, 95% sure I am going to get the wife one of these too, back and forth between it and trying the dr dabber

Last edited:

rekrab

ok, where is the little clear rubber ring supposed to go? Does it go over the top of the heater and sit below the threads, or does it go at the top of the threads in the cone? Mine fell out and I really dont want to put it back in the wrong place. Also, my new heater should arrive today. My original is taking well over 5 secs to heat up, so i ordered a replacement

that little ring goes right at the bottom of the heater threads, so in between the mouthpiece and heater. Im not sure if its even needed really at all for that matter. I was considering taking it off, just not sure if that would affect the seal, doubt it.

OF

Gentle Friends,

I figured I'd take advantage in the current lull in the fun to tell you about a scheme I've been playing with to carry oil to recharge my Dabbler. After several interactions involving small vials in Doob Tubes (with bamboo tools and a bit of cloth to wipe them off with) I've come down to this compact and robust system:

It's pretty self evident what's up. That's a 1/4 Dram vial and cork from Specialty:
http://www.specialtybottle.com/14dramclearglassvialwcork.aspx

There's just under a gram in it, it's easy to scoop out a bit on the eye of the needle stuck in the cork inside. Some tape on the exposed part of the cork has the name (I've got a couple strains in play here....). Next to it is a dead Omicron cart. By pulling the connector out you can use a bamboo stick to poke the seals, heater and rest of the works out the top. Wiping it out with ISO cleans it out and a half inch or so wad of cloth in the bottom makes it just barely deep enough for the vial and cork so the cap keeps the cork in (not that it wants to come out). Someday I may cut the tube off shorter. Or check out e-cig tubes. The fit between the vial and the tube ID is amazingly precise, near perfect, fun when you consider the cart is metric and the vial SAE.

Anyway, I added a layer of tape under the cap to make it very tight as well for extra insurance in the pocket (thus far have had no mishaps at all, nor do I expect any). If you use the supplied travel case, the tube and cap (or just the vial) fits in well with the rest of the rig.

Anyway, makes a good vape even easier to use.....at least it is for me.

Best wishes.

OF

VaporWarehouse

Retailer

I know Linus from Vaporbrothers took some crap on this forum with the "glass fiber" wicks. The smell and smoke in the dry run was probably produced by the wick. If it's not glass fiber, the wick can completely melt or burn up in a dry run. That won't happen if the wick is made from glass fiber.

Tweek

Gentle Friends,

I figured I'd take advantage in the current lull in the fun to tell you about a scheme I've been playing with to carry oil to recharge my Dabbler. After several interactions involving small vials in Doob Tubes (with bamboo tools and a bit of cloth to wipe them off with) I've come down to this compact and robust system:

It's pretty self evident what's up. That's a 1/4 Dram vial and cork from Specialty:
http://www.specialtybottle.com/14dramclearglassvialwcork.aspx

There's just under a gram in it, it's easy to scoop out a bit on the eye of the needle stuck in the cork inside. Some tape on the exposed part of the cork has the name (I've got a couple strains in play here....). Next to it is a dead Omicron cart. By pulling the connector out you can use a bamboo stick to poke the seals, heater and rest of the works out the top. Wiping it out with ISO cleans it out and a half inch or so wad of cloth in the bottom makes it just barely deep enough for the vial and cork so the cap keeps the cork in (not that it wants to come out). Someday I may cut the tube off shorter. Or check out e-cig tubes. The fit between the vial and the tube ID is amazingly precise, near perfect, fun when you consider the cart is metric and the vial SAE.

Anyway, I added a layer of tape under the cap to make it very tight as well for extra insurance in the pocket (thus far have had no mishaps at all, nor do I expect any). If you use the supplied travel case, the tube and cap (or just the vial) fits in well with the rest of the rig.

Anyway, makes a good vape even easier to use.....at least it is for me.

Best wishes.

OF

When you call us gentle friends, I feel so relaxed :D

matthend

so my new heater arrived yesterday, and the coil seems to sit a little lower in this one. I am now super anal about cleaning and not overloading it, it is back to hitting like Tyson... :ko:

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
So I have to report back with my experience so far with the Dabbler. My battery was discharging fully in under 3 days, and the coil seemed to have be running hot in my opinion because I had to pulse the button to get tasty rips... So I contacted VaporWarehouse at like 8PM and they got back to me *afterhours via email* and sent me a replacement battery right away.

Battery came in and so I screwed on my cart, and nothing happened. After a thorough investigation I realized that the NEW batteries threading was different and the contact point for the cartridge was noticeably lower on the new battery, therefore not allowing my OLD heater to make contact and fire up. (AJ informed me that Vape-Pen has updated the batteries since the first run of Dabblers)

Got back in touch with VaporWarehouse and they are now sending me another battery and a new heater to make very sure I have a working device. Simply TOP NOTCH customer service. The 9PM email reply on a Tuesday was a surprise to say the least. Will report back with new Dabbler in hand.

so my new heater arrived yesterday, and the coil seems to sit a little lower in this one.

Ive got my fingers crossed for one of the more recessed heaters!

VaporWarehouse

Retailer
Thank you for the kind words SlinginPaint. I personally tested the replacement parts we sent out yesterday, so fingers crossed for everything working fine.

I never really introduced myself to the forum, I just appeared one day as "VaporWarehouse". I am A.J. (and that really is my name, my parents were stuck between two names starting calling me A.J. before I was born) that most of you deal with when contacting customer service. I have two little ones, so it is not uncommon to find me answering e-mails at 9:00pm after the little ones go down.

Bare with me if I don't respond right away next week. I will be in Denver with Vaporbrothers from Monday through Thursday for the CHAMPS show. Hopefully we will have some new goodies to report on when we get back from the show.

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Enjoy the Mile High City! It's a whole different world up there. CHAMPS should be awesome too! I hope someday to be involved in the industry so that I can attend, it seems like heaven.

aesthyrian,

matthend

So I have to report back with my experience so far with the Dabbler. My battery was discharging fully in under 3 days, and the coil seemed to have be running hot in my opinion because I had to pulse the button to get tasty rips... So I contacted VaporWarehouse at like 8PM and they got back to me *afterhours via email* and sent me a replacement battery right away.

Battery came in and so I screwed on my cart, and nothing happened. After a thorough investigation I realized that the NEW batteries threading was different and the contact point for the cartridge was noticeably lower on the new battery, therefore not allowing my OLD heater to make contact and fire up. (AJ informed me that Vape-Pen has updated the batteries since the first run of Dabblers)

Got back in touch with VaporWarehouse and they are now sending me another battery and a new heater to make very sure I have a working device. Simply TOP NOTCH customer service. The 9PM email reply on a Tuesday was a surprise to say the least. Will report back with new Dabbler in hand.

Ive got my fingers crossed for one of the more recessed heaters!

I am wondering if my battery may have issues now, I get the flashing light before the end of a day if i don't top the charge off sometime in the afternoon. Is this not normal?

matthend,
Top Bottom