Vapor bong setup doesnt work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drunkglitter

I put together this vapor bong setup last night. Its the wulf digital vape (titan 2 vape) with the black rubber mouth piece on it. I stuck it through a tube and put duck tape around the vaporizer mouth piece and tube so there wont be any holes. Then I connected the tube to a little plastic bong.

I could taste the flowers from the vape but didnt get any vapor, and didnt get high. I also noticed the vaporizer didnt get as hot as it normally does. Maybe I just didnt give it enough time?

Any ideas on why this didnt work or how to get it to work? Is the green tube too long?
SDIBXfb.jpg

Last edited:
drunkglitter,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
First off that image is in your gmail, nobody can see it but you. Upload it to imgur.com if you want to share it with us.

Secondly, the Titan 2 is not a good vaporizer. Vaporizing through water requires a LOT of power to keep up with the demand from pulling hard on the glass piece.

I suggest you try a different vaporizer with a waterpipe and see how that works out for you

drunkglitter

First off that image is in your gmail, nobody can see it but you. Upload it to imgur.com if you want to share it with us.

Secondly, the Titan 2 is not a good vaporizer. Vaporizing through water requires a LOT of power to keep up with the demand from pulling hard on the glass piece.

I suggest you try a different vaporizer with a waterpipe and see how that works out for you

Thanks for letting me know about the photo. I changed it so you should be able to see it now :)
Although most think the titan 2 isnt a good vape, to me its a great vape. I have had the pax and the ascent (bought through the official website) both didnt work great and broke very quickly.
do you have any ideas on how I can get the setup in the photo above to work? Maybe a shorter green tube?

drunkglitter,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Thanks for letting me know about the photo. I changed it so you should be able to see it now :)
Although most think the titan 2 isnt a good vape, to me its a great vape. I have had the pax and the ascent (bought through the official website) both didnt work great and broke very quickly.
do you have any ideas on how I can get the setup in the photo above to work? Maybe a shorter green tube?

I think it really comes down to the power of the oven itself. If you want better vapor production, decrease your draw speed. Take a very slow 30-second draw

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
If the issue is as Ratchett described im not sure if there is a way to set it up to work. Though the vape may be great for your needs, that does not change the fact that it isnt the strongest vape (Im sure you notice slower/lighter draws produce better results than harder/faster draws as one would normally take combusting) this means when you pull on the bong your going to end up pulling too hard causing too much air flow and not allowing proper vaporization to happen...

scooped by Ratchett

drunkglitter

If the issue is as Ratchett described im not sure if there is a way to set it up to work. Though the vape may be great for your needs, that does not change the fact that it isnt the strongest vape (Im sure you notice slower/lighter draws produce better results than harder/faster draws as one would normally take combusting) this means when you pull on the bong your going to end up pulling too hard causing too much air flow and not allowing proper vaporization to happen...

scooped by Ratchett

Ha, yeah it is a really ratchet setup. I couldnt think of another way to hook up the titan 2 vape to a water tool. The vapor is just too harsh on my throat and wanted to try it with a water tool.
Any ideas on how to do a completely different setup with the titan 2 and a water tool?

Also the green tube is about 18 inches. Should I cut it? How many inches should it be?

drunkglitter,

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
I dont think the issue is the set up (unless air is escaping, then maybe) its more the power of the heater, it isnt strong enough to properly vape the herb with the pulling normally used with a bong. Try a very light and slow pull, if that doesnt work then idk if that vape will work with a water tool very well

lazylathe

Almost there...
@drunkglitter

When you use the vape dry, do you get good vapour production?
If yes, then there is no reason why it should not work.

This is what i would do:
Cut the tubing a LOT shorter! If possible only have a short bit connected to the bong and then just press the vape mouthpiece into the tube. Just remove to clear the tube.
Not sure which end is the tightest fit... You may have to leave the bit attached to the vape and just press it into the bong opening.
You will also need to carefully watch your draw speed, slow and steady with this vape should produce results.
And make sure it is fully charged!
They may not be stellar due to it being a smaller vape.

Try it and report back!

drunkglitter

@drunkglitter

When you use the vape dry, do you get good vapour production?
If yes, then there is no reason why it should not work.

This is what i would do:
Cut the tubing a LOT shorter! If possible only have a short bit connected to the bong and then just press the vape mouthpiece into the tube. Just remove to clear the tube.
Not sure which end is the tightest fit... You may have to leave the bit attached to the vape and just press it into the bong opening.
You will also need to carefully watch your draw speed, slow and steady with this vape should produce results.
And make sure it is fully charged!
They may not be stellar due to it being a smaller vape.

Try it and report back!

Thank you so much! I cut the tube down to 2" and turned the vape all the way up. I got a large amount of vapor! The only problem is the green tube is on the mouth piece so tight its restricting too much airflow.
Should I try to find a larger tube?
If I look for a new tube do I still need it to be a tight fit with the mouth piece? Or should I get a tube slightly bigger than the mouth piece and IDK just duck tape it sealed?

drunkglitter,

hoptimum

you can probably squeeze some vapor out of it if you try hard enough, but IMO, it's never going to be ideal.

hoptimum,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
You need to get something like the Pinnacle Pro water tool it's called the micro shower. Your unit looks similar to the Pinnacle Pro, I'm not sure what you would do for a PonG or GonG? DHgate has knock offs of the Pinnacle Pro WT really cheap.

That vaporizer probably has the mouthpiece really close to the oven, the pinnacle Pro felt really hot if I wasn't using a WT. or an extended mouthpiece. If you are good at DIY try making an extended mouthpiece that might help the too hot vapor issues too.

EDIT
I've heard folks on the Solo thread using plummer's tape if GonG aren't an exact fit, if too loose. That would be the non sticky plummer's tape.

Last edited:
CarolKing,

MoltenTiger

If your aim is to simply cool the vapour, have you tried toking from the end of the hose minus the bong? It might be all you're after.

Using a water tool is the best, IMO, but going to add speed to your drag as you have to overcome the resistance applied by the water. Less water will give you a slower minimum speed.
From what I've experienced, I'd say a consistent draw speed is the key to good vapour, you have to control that level so it holds the vaporiser at a solid temp, or at least so it doesn't cool down. A more powerful plug-in vape will allow a draw speed more appropriate for bong rips, but if you would prefer to be persistent than upgrade I'm sure you can get a method down pat - but what people are saying, and it's a harsh reality, is that it will be nothing in comparison to an actual vapour bong hit, and you may as well have just had a cone.

MoltenTiger,

drunkglitter

I made some modifications as everyone suggested. I cut the green tube to 2" and trimmed the mouth piece so it fits in the tubes chamber more properly. It now needs no duck tape! The setup is working great now! I'm getting a lot of vapor and have good airflow! The flowers in the chamber I have been slowly vaping on for a over a week. Tonight I'll give the setup a try with fresh flowers and see how much vapor I can get.

It takes 2 hands to use the setup :/ but thats the best I can do for now.
20150603_175945.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom