Discontinued Vapor Blunt

nicko

"What's the standard mains power where you are?"

240 Volts (Australia)

I could buy a step down converter and an international plug adapter. But that would be a waste of money since I have a mega amount of universal DC power supplies with a range of plug sizes so I am sure I have a power supply that will work perfectly. I'm just not sure if it should be 9 or 12 DC volts for example and what the max AMP rating is.

Thanks for your help OF!! :)

nicko,

OF

"What's the standard mains power where you are?"

240 Volts (Australia)

I could buy a step down converter and an international plug adapter. But that would be a waste of money since I have a mega amount of universal DC power supplies with a range of plug sizes so I am sure I have a power supply that will work perfectly. I'm just not sure if it should be 9 or 12 DC volts for example and what the max AMP rating is.

Thanks for your help OF!! :)

Your call, but I really don't think a voltage converter is needed. The charger from my TV (Revolution, Evolution, DART, and so on) stuff is 100-240 Volts, 50-60 Hz without switching. Likewise the factory supplied charger for my THC stuff (Persei, Omicron) is also good for the same voltage but in this case 47 to 63 Hz. This is basically the norm here, I strongly suspect that's what you'll get in the box. IIRC the PA for my MFLB is the same (it's on loan right now, I can't check). The same is true for my Powerex battery charger, router and laptop supplies. Since everything is made in China these days for export it just makes good sense to have electronics that 'doesn't care' if it's in Japan, the UK or here.

I don't have the unit in question, but I'd be surprised to find it's 120 VAC, 60 Hz only.

I also think it's not a safe assumption that you can match it based solely on nameplate numbers. Even if the connectors are right, such 'chargers' often are just that, they either contain important circuits (like current limits) or have characteristics the unit expects to find (like specific source resistance or accurate output voltage). I have a couple of examples of that kicking around as well.

Do as you wish, it's your money and unit, but I advise caution. A check with the maker might also shed some light?

Good luck with your unit.

OF

OF,

nicko

"Your call, but I really don't think a voltage converter is needed. The charger from my TV (Revolution, Evolution, DART, and so on) stuff is 100-240 Volts, 50-60 Hz without switching."

..ahh ha, now I understand what you were saying in the first reply.
Perfect, so I'll just use a US to Aussie plug adapter (as originally suggested).
Thanks for your patience (and detailed explanation) :clap:

nicko,

OF

"Your call, but I really don't think a voltage converter is needed. The charger from my TV (Revolution, Evolution, DART, and so on) stuff is 100-240 Volts, 50-60 Hz without switching."

..ahh ha, now I understand what you were saying in the first reply.
Perfect, so I'll just use a US to Aussie plug adapter (as originally suggested).
Thanks for your patience (and detailed explanation) :clap:

You're very welcome. I hope it works out well, you folks go through a lot to get stuff we take for granted and get all bent out of shape if it's a day late getting there......

BTW, you owe me a beer next time I'm in the hemisphere, right?

OF

OF,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
It's possible OF is right, but I'm not sure why he's so convinced about specs of a unit he doesn't posses or reviewed. There's still a good chance the PSU only excepts 110V too. I don't know why no one posted them already, but just check the specs before you try it please. I assume you don't want to damage your new vape and/or charger.

Smoothbutta

Just purchased one, used it without a grinder (space case one ordered, but couldn't wait a day to use the VB) with very very little bud. I got the perfect high right now and it was sooo simple.

After 20 minutes of owning I am 100% pleased with it and I can't wait to start using the flavored tips.

Edit:
How long do you think trees will stay good for sitting in there? It's not completely air tight so.. a day?

Smoothbutta,

Cetra

This was the first vape I ever tried and I bought it without ever trying one. I originally walked into the shop to buy my 3 perc bong some cleaner and I asked the kid behind the counter if he knew anything about vapes after my co-worker (lol) mention after getting one she'd never smoke otherwise again. I went from 10$ cleaner to him suggesting 200$ for the Vaporblunt... I talked him down to 150$ and a free package of multi-flavored tips and decided fuck it. After bringing it home I wasn't sure how it even worked, what a vape high felt like or really what to expect.

I must warn, if you have never tried a vape before, do not get discouraged if after a few bowls you don't feel like you're not seeing enough smoke or not getting high enough. This was the first noob mistake I made when getting introduced to vapes. What I mean by this is you shouldn't expect to pack it with whatever, barely breaking it up, wait for the light to be solid and start taking drags like a chief.. You really need to read the instructions and use common sense. Get a grinder and grind it up, if you don't have one make sure to cut it up nicely as best you can. Pack the bowl tight but not too tight, you need to keep airflow possible. Start it up and wait for the solid green, once it's solid press again to bust turbo mode and wait for it to turn solid. Once it turns solid just chill and wait about a minute, I know it's advertised to work a tiny bit faster but I've found that this works better, after a minute, minute and 1/2 of cooking you're ready to go. Start dragging but very slowly, should take you up to 15-20 seconds to do 1 full drag.. Make sure while you're dragging to also turn the utility knob stirring the ground up weed to allow even better airflow.

Enjoy, at this point when you blow out you should see a godzilla like thick cloud of vapor and soon after ridiculously high.

Vaporblunt Ownez

Cetra,

Smoothbutta

3rd night of owning it, About 5th or 6th time turning it on.

I check the bowl, I want to make sure the bowl is completely cashed so I turn it on.
After I wait about 30 seconds and then turn it to turbo, the light turns flashing red even though the battery was just charged.

After flashing red, I turn it off and turn it back on and realize there's been smoke coming out of the bowl end. I check the bowl and see the bud is char black and the end of the VB is really hot.

I kept the bowl completely clean and have been taking care of this unit, there is nothing blocking the flow stream or anything.

I tried again after cleaning and stuff, seems as if the battery is fried and gets too hot, my unit is broken..

The guy at the head shop said they would replace it if anything happened but I paid in cash and therefore got no receipt. I will see if they live up to their word..

Smoothbutta,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Yea, always get a receipt. I would try taking it back there and see if they will replace it. If they do not then contact the manufacture. Tell them what happened. They sounds like something that would be covered under warranty. That is unfortunate that you are having trouble so soon. I hope it can be fixed for you.

Slightly Medicated,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Good. I am glad they were able to swap it out for you. I hope this one works more reliably for you. Keep us updated please.

Slightly Medicated,
I bought my vapor blunt a few weeks ago and when I saw people on videos use it they got big vapor pulls and you could see smoke coming out of there mouth. I have packed my vapor blunt and then waited till it heats up but I am maybe getting 1 or 2 pulls where I blow smoke out of my mouth. What am I doing wrong???

Paul Pierce,

Smoothbutta

I bought my vapor blunt a few weeks ago and when I saw people on videos use it they got big vapor pulls and you could see smoke coming out of there mouth. I have packed my vapor blunt and then waited till it heats up but I am maybe getting 1 or 2 pulls where I blow smoke out of my mouth. What am I doing wrong???
You shouldn't be doing this on game-day.. goodluck today though.

For after the playoffs though, you should make sure you try turning the vape to the turbo mode and wait another whole minute once it gets to that temperature. Everything is very simple though, I can't imagine that you are doing it wrong.. for instance using the stirrer while taking hits and packing a decent sized punch in the bowl.

Or perhaps the greens you have are the problem? After a few weeks you should be getting the hang of it.

Smoothbutta,

MaxM

Hey I've kinda been reading this post off and on (it's actually part of what prompted me to get one) and after day one I can say it was an excellent buy.
A little tricky to get the hang of but none the less effective.

Part of the "trickyness" that I feel was the same problem you are having is making sure your herb is properly packed
The more full the bowl the better without being too packed or overflowing is the best in my opinion ( but opinions are like assholes,everybody's got one and they all stink. )

As well as allowing COMPLETE time for the VB to heat up and gather vapor in the chamber. I i understand that in these situations patience isn't necessarily a virtue however it will work out for you in the long run.
Last but not least remember the stir knob is there for a reason and I've found the best way is to slowly turn it back and forth until I feel a certain "sweet spot" where you can feel more herb vapor fill you lungs than before.

But this is only day one my opinions may completely change on the next few weeks I just thought my input as a VB noob such as yourself :)

Also question for experience VB users:
Is it okay to leave it plugged in even after full charge like say anytime I'm not using it? Or can LI-ion batteries not stop the charge?

MaxM,

OF

It's possible OF is right, but I'm not sure why he's so convinced about specs of a unit he doesn't posses or reviewed. There's still a good chance the PSU only excepts 110V too. I don't know why no one posted them already, but just check the specs before you try it please. I assume you don't want to damage your new vape and/or charger.

I never said I was sure at all, did I? If you read the exchange you'll find it filled with tidbits like this:

"Actually I think you want the full label information, in this case input is probably more important. I suspect the supplied 'wall wort' takes inputs from 100 to 220 Volts of most any frequency. What I bet you need is not another supply but a plug adapter?"

"Your call, but I really don't think a voltage converter is needed. The charger from my TV (Revolution, Evolution, DART, and so on) stuff is 100-240 Volts, 50-60 Hz without switching. Likewise the factory supplied charger for my THC stuff (Persei, Omicron) is also good for the same voltage but in this case 47 to 63 Hz. This is basically the norm here, I strongly suspect that's what you'll get in the box.

I don't have the unit in question, but I'd be surprised to find it's 120 VAC, 60 Hz only."

The OP was making some assumptions on part of what's on the labels, he understood the concepts in play. Remember, he was going to buy some random supply 'down under' based on output voltage and current from the labels, not IMO a good idea.

I fail to see where I inferred I knew for sure, had seen the supply in question or suggested the OP just 'let it rip'. Do you really think the above characterization is fair? For myself I'm comfortable the OP isn't going to blow up a 120 VAC only unit without reading the label first.

BTW, how did this work out? The question might come up again.....

Thanks.

OF

OF,

bmann007

hi all new to the thread! im looking to buy a vapor blunt and i don't know if this was touch upon already but does the vapor blunt something that needs a lot of weed to enjoy? can i share it meaning can i do a blunt rotation with it like a normal blunt off a dub? does it smell and does the smell travel like a normal blunt? these are prob dumb questions but if anybody has the answers for them that would really help thank UU!

bmann007,
What does it take to get a response about warranty on a vaporblunt? I emailed a LONGGGGGG time ago and no response. I like the unit but if no one will back it up Ill not be buying anything else and will certainly let others know they won't help when there is a problem.

chance4272,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
What does it take to get a response about warranty on a vaporblunt

A modified, high amperage cattle prod might do the trick...

The manufacturer made some posts in the palm thread not too long ago but that's about it. Otherwise its just crickets.

CentiZen,
A modified, high amperage cattle prod might do the trick...

The manufacturer made some posts in the palm thread not too long ago but that's about it. Otherwise its just crickets.
Well I damn sure would NOT buy a palm or anything else from a fly by night jerk that DOES NOT stand behind his product!

I would certainly advise everyone to avoid their products completely. Unless they wanna be out a couple hundred bucks with a worthless piece of crap!

chance4272,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
Every email comes directly to my phone and is turned around in 3-5 work days. My personal email is vaporblunt1@gmail.com. Send me an email referencing "fc complaint" in the subject and I'll solve your problems quick. I don't know why you wouldn't have received a response to your original email.

TherealVaporblunt,
Reactions: OF

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
Well I damn sure would NOT buy a palm or anything else from a fly by night jerk that DOES NOT stand behind his product!

I would certainly advise everyone to avoid their products completely. Unless they wanna be out a couple hundred bucks with a worthless piece of crap!

We 100 percent stand by our products, as demonstrated a few differant times through this forum. I am sorry you had to creat an account on fc to cominicate with me, once I receive your email I will look into where the communication breakdown was myself.

TherealVaporblunt,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I wanted to get some feedback on this, what do you guys think? It's an American made shower head with splash guard. 44mm bottom reduced to 38mm top, 10" long. Works great IMO

That looks an awful lot like a HydraTube which has a patent pending I believe. Have you made a licensing agreement with VapeXhale?
:peace:

Stu,
Top Bottom