Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Step by Step
http://www.vriptech.com/bat_step.htm

unit
vbat_l.jpg

vaporbat.jpg

$20

All you have to use is a cig. lighter from your car. seems like a sold unit since vrip tech sells it ;)

anyone here own one? I have seen them in a couple of head-shops around town before....a tip at the top of the vapor bat's how-to page
VRIPTECH said:
HOT TIP! Go to a Subaru Dealership and buy a car lighter for a Subaru Impreza part# 86701TA01 for about $6. It features a ceramic element core that keeps the element hotter longer and it has a casing with small holes above the element to improve the heat to air exchange. Fits in most car lighter receptacles.
hmmm how enticing

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Seems like it would be too easy to combust and the piece would get hot quickly -- all glass...

Kinda reminds me of a cross between an 'ubie' and a glass blunt.

You should get one and report back to us.

SpiralArchitect,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
SpiralArchitect said:
Seems like it would be too easy to combust and the piece would get hot quickly -- all glass...

Kinda reminds me of a cross between an 'ubie' and a glass blunt.

You should get one and report back to us.
eah vrip tech dont seem like the kind to fuck with combustion

Hennessy1414,

Ven

Praying Mantis
How the hell do you hit that thing, lean and put your mouth on the end of it? Ouch...looks like it'd get fairly hot.

Ven,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Ven said:
How the hell do you hit that thing, lean and put your mouth on the end of it? Ouch...looks like it'd get fairly hot.
im guessing if you sell a product you dont intend to hurt... :uhoh: just wouldn't seem right

Hennessy1414,

Ven

Praying Mantis
Hennessy1414 said:
Ven said:
im guessing if you sell a product you dont intend to hurt... :uhoh: just wouldn't seem right
Regardless of heat, In all 3 cars I and my family members own, the cigarette lighter is in an area easily reached by hand to light a cig, but would be nearly impossible to bend over and inhale with your mouth.

PS: I apologize for the rudeness of my first post...I've run out of weed at the same time as all 4 of my dealers it seems...dry times make my words hasty and unkind. Vriptech is an excellent company, and I know they must have long ago factored in any problem heat wise if there would be one.

Ven,

Frickr

pretty simple design, by the looks of it, it would have alot better heat control then a ubie or the like. now if you could get the car lighter wired up to a small batterypack for vaping on the go and i think it would be a nice combo. otherwise your tied to only in your vehical.

Frickr,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Frickr said:
pretty simple design, by the looks of it, it would have alot better heat control then a ubie or the like. now if you could get the car lighter wired up to a small batterypack for vaping on the go and i think it would be a nice combo. otherwise your tied to only in your vehical.
they sell do dads for using a home car cig lighter :/

but at that point the Vapor genie would be a better pick

dont worry ven...i didnt take it as hate...more answers for this thread to de-bunk!

....and were off :lol:

Hennessy1414,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I've only tried this once and it worked pretty good. Nothing like a home unit and like Ven said, you are tied to your car if you use this. I did think that it might work pretty good with the VHW in the car, esp if you need a more consistent heat source. Based on what I read, the VG is a more versatile portable vaporizer. I remember see on OG some guy was able to hook up his VBat to a small little waterpipe, that was pretty sweet.

stonemonkey55,

youdontknowme

Ven said:
... the cigarette lighter is in an area easily reached by hand to light a cig, but would be nearly impossible to bend over and inhale with your mouth.
Despite the fact that I know nothing about this vape, I would think that you would use not the lighter outlet but the lighter itself, i.e. bring the hot metal part up and touch it to your bat, not touch the bat to the electrical source... :2c:

Frickr, as for being tied to a car.... well in my social circles half the time all we do is drive around or park somewhere and chief, so I don't think its a deal breaker, especially for the price.

youdontknowme,

max

Out to lunch
Despite the fact that I know nothing about this vape, I would think that you would use not the lighter outlet but the lighter itself, i.e. bring the hot metal part up and touch it to your bat, not touch the bat to the electrical source...
You nailed it. :) The lighter socket is just a source of electricity. The lighter itself is the heat source. I can remember using a car lighter (when my Bic crapped out) a few times to light a pipe. I suspect, since you're using a heating coil instead of a flame, that the VaporBat would be easier to use than something like the Ubie.

max,

Frickr

youdontknowme said:
Frickr, as for being tied to a car.... well in my social circles half the time all we do is drive around or park somewhere and chief, so I don't think its a deal breaker, especially for the price.
yeah i know, for 90% of people they have their home piece and a travel piece. i being one of them till i got an inverter in my car. this would make that part eaiser. but i would like to be able tot hit the thing while im away from my car or house. thats the only thing i complain about vaping is the need (in most units) for a powersorce.

probably take 8 double A batteries in a pack but if modified correctly then the heater will be on constantly till you shut it off. then adjust the tube for yoru heat from there

im just thinking out loud here on what would make this more appealing to me, i know most people would be more then happy with this setup.

Frickr,

youdontknowme

frickr said:
pretty simple design, by the looks of it, it would have alot better heat control then a ubie or the like.
even though butane has way more energy per unit of volume than a battery, i agree for several reasons 1) i cant refill it for free, while batteries would charge for free, and 2) i like using electricity to vape more than gas, i've come close to buying vapor-genie/vaporstar as a first vape or more recently a i-inhale but ultimately am in love with electricity. always thought a portable vape would be nice but like you, with my inverter my VB is both my car piece and my home/travel piece. 3) a car cig light is more inconspicuous at night than a reg lighter, which is easily seen from outside a car. i'll hold of on buying a portable one until its electricity powered and works well. if this is that then count me in as interested to hear more from any that get one and wanna post their experiences.

probably take 8 double A batteries in a pack but if modified correctly then the heater will be on constantly till you shut it off. then adjust the tube for yoru heat from there
didnt get it at first but now i see what you're saying. if i were to do something like that, i'd certainly find a way to insulate the outside of the lighter so 1) i dont get burned 2) the device is probably way more efficient. if you wanna up the difficulty level you could consider improving it by either putting the power source on a timed switching on/off cycle or adding a temp sensor and controlling the power with that. a little experimenting and you could have your air around 400* F in no time, but i think that constant draw would be way hotter and that it would draw more power out of your batt cells than you need to (eg. you could go with smaller bats or a longer life). personally, i'd go for the 12V sealed lead acid batts. They charge well and hold lots of power. any vape that runs off of car electricity well be easy to setup for since thats also nominally a 12V DC source. the PD would also work well but is more than $20 and takes a while to heat up, so this seems like a good entry. anyone who has a college or hobbyist level background in electronics projects should be able to pull this off, otherwise id say go for just connecting the batt to the ligher when you are preparing to hit, then once you've gotten some hits disconnect it. radioshack or the like would be a good place to not only get the battery but also some little clips or connectors to make it nicer and a voltmeter to read the batt level and who knows what else. just watch out and dont short those batteries.

i don't even have a car though, so whose gonna step up first?

youdontknowme,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
youdontknowme said:
yep you nailed it on the head why i pretty much made this thread :D

cool guys im loving the talk so far....can anyone find the special cig. lighter that mark at vrip tech recommends....a quick google/ebay search brings up NOTHING! :uhoh:

Hennessy1414,

youdontknowme

you need to email mark and get a year number, whenever tracking down car parts year numbers or at least what line (for example e46 vs. e90, 91, etc with a bmw 3 series) is really helpful. then hit up subaru dealerships, they'd be the ones most able to source them for ya. other places might sell you a compatible one thats not ceramic.

reminds me of last night:
<ydkm gets in car>
ydkm: where are we chillin?
swim: i dunno
ydkm: shit lets just drive down the street

never fails

youdontknowme,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
youdontknowme said:
you need to email mark and get a year number, whenever tracking down car parts year numbers or at least what line (for example e46 vs. e90, 91, etc with a bmw 3 series) is really helpful. then hit up subaru dealerships, they'd be the ones most able to source them for ya. other places might sell you a compatible one thats not ceramic.

reminds me of last night:
<ydkm gets in car>
ydkm: where are we chillin?
swim: i dunno
ydkm: shit lets just drive down the street

never fails
thanks man...you rock :)

hahahha thats how its goes with my homies too...lets just drive and drive and not kno where the hell were going....lets just BLAZE :D

Hennessy1414,

Frickr

i love driving and smokin too, and if i did it more often (like i use to) then it probably be more appealing to me. but lately ive been trying to stay on the straight and narrow. so i dont want to be caught smoking, or really having a bunch of parif on me if i do get pulled over. thats why my brain clicked for a small battery pack or the such to make it when i could use it chillin in my house, or while im out side, and not just in my car.

all in all i might purchas one, always lookin for new stoner toys.

Frickr,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Just ask for a cigarette lighter for a 2004 Subaru WRX, I know the one that comes with my car is the right one although there is no model number on mine so the only way to ask for it would be any 2001-2006 (I'm assuming they all use the same cigarette lighter given the same chassis/body type). Any cigarette lighter from any car should theoretically work, I just don't know what material is used for the part that gets hot. Hope this helps.

stonemonkey55,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
stonemonkey55 said:
Just ask for a cigarette lighter for a 2004 Subaru WRX, I know the one that comes with my car is the right one although there is no model number on mine so the only way to ask for it would be any 2001-2006 (I'm assuming they all use the same cigarette lighter given the same chassis/body type). Any cigarette lighter from any car should theoretically work, I just don't know what material is used for the part that gets hot. Hope this helps.
thank you :D

Hennessy1414,

youdontknowme

frickr i absolutely hear you man, if theres 1 place you smoke, MAKE IT YOUR HOUSE
play it safe
i caught a charge when i was holdin sack... lets just say some jackass trooper got really high for about a month or two.... motherfucker. :mad: and now im out several large.
but whats done is done, we try not to drive around too much stoned its a recipe for good times but also a disaster, though less so now that i have a new GPS (<--- super handy gadget for potheads btw).

hennessy no prob breh but hey where'd that wheezy quote in your sig go? i got so many good wayne lines man is a beast esp. stuff from around like 2005

alternatively for car vaping you could just fill a bag with vapor and take that in the car with you, if you had enough of a bag. personally, i think the safest way to smoke in public is just rollin a j with some low key papes and a filter, make it look like a cig. if you see some LEO then you can just eat the whole thing quick no problem. i couldnt eat my first VB that was the issue lol. good storage spot for unsmoked j's is in a old bag of fastfood junk, esp. inside a straw thats still wrapped (just undo the tip of the paper wrapper) and then throw that in the backseat or trunk.

has nobody used one of these bats? the only issue i see is how fast cig lighters lose their heat once you take current away, it would severely limit the length of the hit you can take. lots of my vapor hits seem to last forever, and i know those metal things cool off pretty quick, esp. with air moving over them. you'd have to use it as soon as you took the lighter out of the socket, and lord knows how much i hate rushing when im medicating.

youdontknowme,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
youdontknowme said:
frickr i absolutely hear you man, if theres 1 place you smoke, MAKE IT YOUR HOUSE
play it safe
i caught a charge when i was holdin sack... lets just say some jackass trooper got really high for about a month or two.... motherfucker. :mad: and now im out several large.
but whats done is done, we try not to drive around too much stoned its a recipe for good times but also a disaster, though less so now that i have a new GPS (<--- super handy gadget for potheads btw).

hennessy no prob breh but hey where'd that wheezy quote in your sig go? i got so many good wayne lines man is a beast esp. stuff from around like 2005

alternatively for car vaping you could just fill a bag with vapor and take that in the car with you, if you had enough of a bag. personally, i think the safest way to smoke in public is just rollin a j with some low key papes and a filter, make it look like a cig. if you see some LEO then you can just eat the whole thing quick no problem. i couldnt eat my first VB that was the issue lol. good storage spot for unsmoked j's is in a old bag of fastfood junk, esp. inside a straw thats still wrapped (just undo the tip of the paper wrapper) and then throw that in the backseat or trunk.

has nobody used one of these bats? the only issue i see is how fast cig lighters lose their heat once you take current away, it would severely limit the length of the hit you can take. lots of my vapor hits seem to last forever, and i know those metal things cool off pretty quick, esp. with air moving over them. you'd have to use it as soon as you took the lighter out of the socket, and lord knows how much i hate rushing when im medicating.
word this has been my favorite post on this site to date...:lol:

ya you kno where im comin from bro :cool: much easier to box a car with vapor than it is to with smoke and get away clean epically when your holding a lot of product :cool:

well about the heat of the unit staying warm...have you ever been burned by those suckers? i plugged one of those bastards in for 3 seconds...pulled it out and tapped it...a poof of my flesh went in the air and part of me was on the non-red hot coils...they get extremely hot :mad: but i guess that's more of a plus when you enclose the thing in glass and hit it from a distance :)

I have high hopes for this product(given the price and what it is)

and for the quotes sake...well i came back after a bit...felt like living it purp on this site....but in honor of you ill update the sig.. cheers :)

Hennessy1414,

biopharmacopeia

VRIPTECH said:
HOT TIP! Go to a Subaru Dealership and buy a car lighter for a Subaru Impreza part# 86701TA01 for about $6. It features a ceramic element core that keeps the element hotter longer and it has a casing with small holes above the element to improve the heat to air exchange. Fits in most car lighter receptacles.
The proper part number is 86710SA010. A '0' was left off the end.

In looking around at a few sites, it seems to run less than $20. For example, see http://www.subarupartsoutlet.com/pr...s_id=2701&osCsid=b0fff856badf9082f13d14f12871. Maybe, someone can tell us who has these for "about $6.'

biopharmacopeia,

CosmicStar

The VaporBat works. I'm on my second one.

Draw speed is what you have to adjust most.

I learned to draw slow initially, and as the heating element cools draw harder.

Too fast and "poof" you start a "cherry".
(Then it's into a Gatorade bottle w/ Salt 'n Alcohol, to get the pure vapor flavor back.)

As a matter of fact, i'll be getting another on as a back-up: or to add to the rotation.:peace:

CosmicStar,

Lean

Anybody with a review of this or personal experience!? Anyone?!

Does it hit well if used correctly? I would be willing to go and buy the special Subaru lighter.

Need a review!

Lean,

Carbon

To reopen this yet provide no new information, I'll just tell my story. I have a Vapor Bat that I was given to as a present. I even have the exact Subaru cigarette lighter part that they recommend, and I drive a Subaru. Unfortunately I have a 2006, and the thing won't even work in my car. It seems that the newer model not only doesn't come with a cigarette lighter but will not accommodate one at all. That's my story. I'll report back in when I actually get a chance to try it out.

Carbon,
Top Bottom