• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaponic Herbal Vaporizer

birdbraineater

Why did you erase your response? I ask because i read it yesterday and was gonna answer today but perhaps you dont need me to anymore.

Yes, sorry about that, I was thinking about a coffee coil heater, much like the ones that used to be sold everywhere. They no longer seem available. I was imagining the Vaponic heating up by placing in the coiled area. Do you think it would work. As I said before, I don't have a Vaponic yet. It's on order. Of course it would only serve inside use.

birdbraineater,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I have one of those in my parents house, a small one i got in India. I have to give it a try... but honestly, the lighter works fine. Especially indoors.

The flame needs to be properly adjusted, and your finger should be touching the red line while you heat the glass and when it starts to be too hot to touch, its at vape temps. Plus, the flame turns yellow when the glass reaches vaping temps.

Once you learn the proper timings, and it will be relatively fast, you'll only combust when you get distracted and heat for too long.

RastaVapa

HomeGrownLogs UK log maker
Manufacturer
i was toying with a coil that the vaponic can slip into to be heated would have to be quite a hot coil like glowing i think and of fairly thick wire. payton penn used a mod and coil to heat his vapcap in a similar way but might not be enough heat for vaponic

i reckon a mains powered coil on a block of wood and a single fire button would do the trick , but as mentioned once you get the hang of heating with a flame its becomes second nature, but then again it would be nice for home use or when people who just want to try it and not mess around with butane.

and the vapman has a heating station so maybe the vaponic deserves one too....... :) :leaf:

birdbraineater

I have one of those in my parents house, a small one i got in India. I have to give it a try... but honestly, the lighter works fine. Especially indoors.

The flame needs to be properly adjusted, and your finger should be touching the red line while you heat the glass and when it starts to be too hot to touch, its at vape temps. Plus, the flame turns yellow when the glass reaches vaping temps.

Once you learn the proper timings, and it will be relatively fast, you'll only combust when you get distracted and heat for too long.

Are you using a Bic type lighter (disposable) or a torch style butane type to heat the glass? How is it that the flame changes color?

birdbraineater,

birdbraineater

i was toying with a coil that the vaponic can slip into to be heated would have to be quite a hot coil like glowing i think and of fairly thick wire. payton penn used a mod and coil to heat his vapcap in a similar way but might not be enough heat for vaponic

i reckon a mains powered coil on a block of wood and a single fire button would do the trick , but as mentioned once you get the hang of heating with a flame its becomes second nature, but then again it would be nice for home use or when people who just want to try it and not mess around with butane.

and the vapman has a heating station so maybe the vaponic deserves one too....... :) :leaf:

Seemed to work pretty good!

birdbraineater,

vorrange

Vapor.wise

ITs funny because i thought precisely of the same thing... something as big as the polaroid cube camera, with a coil and a button, would be very nice to use the Vaponic with.

herbalist33

Loving the fact there's a bit more life in this thread :rockon:

I also have the Vaponic and Vapcap (og glass, and titanium woody), and thought I'd share my thoughts:

I agree with everyone else when it comes to flavour- the Vaponic wins it. It provides the purest sweetest vapour of all my vapes. That being said, I find the flavour in the OG Vapcap lasts longer, although I'm pretty sure if I turned my flame down a bit with the Vaponic I could extend those flavour hits at the start. Basically I find with the Vaponic the first 2-3 draws are out of this world amazing, and then it drops off rapidly, whereas the Vapcap flavour is slightly more muted, but lasts almost all the way through the load. I'd like to point out tho, that the difference in flavour between the two isn't huge- they both are really really tasty, but the Vaponic just has the edge.

The Vapcap seems to works best with ground herb (coarse), whereas my favourite way to use the Vaponic is by breaking off a small chunk of bud and loading it in whole. This seems to make the flavour last more, and also provides a nice range of roasted bud for the abv pile.

The Vapcap is easier to learn to use because of the 'click'. It's pretty much the main reason why I've been choosing the Vapcap over the Vaponic recently, because I don't have to concentrate so much on what I'm doing. Once you have your technique down with the Vaponic tho, you find even when you're not paying attention your body instinctively knows how long to heat for (because it's used to doing it so often).

I find the Vapcap to be a bit more discreet to use in public (as someone pointed out the Vaponic can tend to look a bit like a crackpipe, especially when heating it. Obviously the OG glass Vapcap does to an extent too, but I find I can hide the Vapcap a bit easier in my hand when heating it.
The ti woody is a lot more stealthy, but I find it takes a lot longer/more heat cycles to get up to temp (because of more thermal mass in the ti tip), and obviously it doesn't taste as good as either the glass Vapcap or the Vaponic.

Also I'd like to add, I think a couple pages back I mentioned my Vaponic works great through a dhgate water piece- I believe I said it was the FC-187, but it's actually the FC-197 (diffusion pump). I can't recommend this combo enough- the 197 has a 14mm male joint (I think) and you just heat the Vaponic as normal, then hold it so the mouthpiece is sat in the male joint- flavour for days, and perfect draw resistance :clap: il try to get a video up soon

Peace

axakal

there was a "heating station" for the vaponic on the market.
xv0uvia.gif

easy to observe, it resembled an insconspicuous desklamp and could be loaded with up to 7 vaponics. the slots looked like a revolver drum. the heating element was a halogen lamp.
it looks, like it could have been a nice party device :D
the price was 79EUR, but unfortunatelly they are not being produced anymore. i asked the manufacturer a couple of years ago and they had no intention to revive the product.
you can google for loxlux for more information.

Last edited:

birdbraineater

Loving the fact there's a bit more life in this thread :rockon:

I also have the Vaponic and Vapcap (og glass, and titanium woody), and thought I'd share my thoughts:

I agree with everyone else when it comes to flavour- the Vaponic wins it. It provides the purest sweetest vapour of all my vapes. That being said, I find the flavour in the OG Vapcap lasts longer, although I'm pretty sure if I turned my flame down a bit with the Vaponic I could extend those flavour hits at the start. Basically I find with the Vaponic the first 2-3 draws are out of this world amazing, and then it drops off rapidly, whereas the Vapcap flavour is slightly more muted, but lasts almost all the way through the load. I'd like to point out tho, that the difference in flavour between the two isn't huge- they both are really really tasty, but the Vaponic just has the edge.

The Vapcap seems to works best with ground herb (coarse), whereas my favourite way to use the Vaponic is by breaking off a small chunk of bud and loading it in whole. This seems to make the flavour last more, and also provides a nice range of roasted bud for the abv pile.

The Vapcap is easier to learn to use because of the 'click'. It's pretty much the main reason why I've been choosing the Vapcap over the Vaponic recently, because I don't have to concentrate so much on what I'm doing. Once you have your technique down with the Vaponic tho, you find even when you're not paying attention your body instinctively knows how long to heat for (because it's used to doing it so often).

I find the Vapcap to be a bit more discreet to use in public (as someone pointed out the Vaponic can tend to look a bit like a crackpipe, especially when heating it. Obviously the OG glass Vapcap does to an extent too, but I find I can hide the Vapcap a bit easier in my hand when heating it.
The ti woody is a lot more stealthy, but I find it takes a lot longer/more heat cycles to get up to temp (because of more thermal mass in the ti tip), and obviously it doesn't taste as good as either the glass Vapcap or the Vaponic.

Also I'd like to add, I think a couple pages back I mentioned my Vaponic works great through a dhgate water piece- I believe I said it was the FC-187, but it's actually the FC-197 (diffusion pump). I can't recommend this combo enough- the 197 has a 14mm male joint (I think) and you just heat the Vaponic as normal, then hold it so the mouthpiece is sat in the male joint- flavour for days, and perfect draw resistance :clap: il try to get a video up soon

Peace
Nice report Dude. I look forward to seeing your video. I ordered a Vaponic but it hasn't arrived yet.

birdbraineater,

birdbraineater

there was a "heating station" for the vaponic on the market.
xv0uvia.gif

easy to observe, it resembled an insconspicuous desklamp and could be loaded with up to 7 vaponics. the slots looked like a revolver drum. the heating element was a halogen lamp.
it looks, like it could have been a nice party device :D
the price was 79EUR, but unfortunatelly they are not being produced anymore. i asked the manufacturer a couple of years ago and they had no intention to revive the product.
you can google for loxlux for more information.
It sure would be convienent it light bulbs could be used instead of flames. Do you find that a Bic style lighter (disposable lighter) is suitable or do you use a torch type?

birdbraineater,

RastaVapa

Manufacturer
That does look a good idea i looked at it a while ago shame it was shelved really i would have ordered one :), @birdbraineater you can use either but a torch lighter is best, faster and does not soot the glass up but you can use a soft flame if needed :)

RastaVapa,
Reactions: axakal

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
Yes, sorry about that, I was thinking about a coffee coil heater, much like the ones that used to be sold everywhere. They no longer seem available. I was imagining the Vaponic heating up by placing in the coiled area. Do you think it would work.

I have used a toaster to heat mine so i would think jury rigging a coil would certainly be possible.

Note- a toaster is not ideal, it takes a while and doesn't get to high temps, but good for flavour and low temp vaping, although I didn't put the vape in the toaster, just held above and slightly down toward the heat. Due to the warning not to heat the very end i didn't want to push it to far and break it (although it was new so i was maybe overly cautious)

birdbraineater

I have used a toaster to heat mine so i would think jury rigging a coil would certainly be possible.

Note- a toaster is not ideal, it takes a while and doesn't get to high temps, but good for flavour and low temp vaping, although I didn't put the vape in the toaster, just held above and slightly down toward the heat. Due to the warning not to heat the very end i didn't want to push it to far and break it (although it was new so i was maybe overly cautious)
I had this in mind until I realized that the coil would likely obscure the heating area.
http://www.amazon.com/Volume-Heater-Coffee-Heating-Cooking/dp/B00FO8FY68

birdbraineater,
Reactions: RastaVapa

axakal

i feel you, i missed out on that too. maybe a diy version feasible. it's only a kind of a lamp after all. :)

That does look a good idea i looked at it a while ago shame it was shelved really i would have ordered one :), @birdbraineater you can use either but a torch lighter is best, faster and does not soot the glass up but you can use a soft flame if needed :)

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I ordered one of this spanish smart vape, the guy on the official video told to look at the color of the load to know if it's ready to vape, what does it means in term of time?

RastaVapa

Manufacturer
hes saying to watch until it just starts turning colour like from green to sort of yellowy light brown but i find this a bit too much for the first heat, personally i heat for 6-8 seconds revolving it all the time then take a 2 or 3 draws for good flavour then repeat . Each time it retains a lot of heat so you will get a good few puffs from each heating cycle only re heat when vapour production stops and you should be good and not toast it :brow:

Once you get the feel for it , its like riding a bike man.

:leaf:

axakal

what @RastaVapa said works for me too. you'll probably have to play with flame lenght in the beginning. i found about 1cm long right for my needs. stick with single flame torches and don't load too much green, because you probably will combust at first. but you'll get the technique down pretty fast. from there it's smooth sailing.

I ordered one of this spanish smart vape, the guy on the official video told to look at the color of the load to know if it's ready to vape, what does it means in term of time?

birdbraineater

hes saying to watch until it just starts turning colour like from green to sort of yellowy light brown but i find this a bit too much for the first heat, personally i heat for 6-8 seconds revolving it all the time then take a 2 or 3 draws for good flavour then repeat . Each time it retains a lot of heat so you will get a good few puffs from each heating cycle only re heat when vapour production stops and you should be good and not toast it :brow:

Once you get the feel for it , its like riding a bike man.

:leaf:
what @RastaVapa said works for me too. you'll probably have to play with flame lenght in the beginning. i found about 1cm long right for my needs. stick with single flame torches and don't load too much green, because you probably will combust at first. but you'll get the technique down pretty fast. from there it's smooth sailing.[/

Last edited:
birdbraineater,

biohacker

@PPN how does it blow out the vapcap? I tried the vapcap and lotus the other day and much prefer the Supreme3. But if this is better than the vapcap I may be interested!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I think it is better than the vapcap cause the taste it produces, although I wasn't able to get large clouds as the Vapcap...it's a matter of time.

I compare it to the Vapcap cause they are similar in size (the Vaponic is a bit bigger), similar in use and similar in price. The Lotus is a step better in term of vapor quality/clouds imho but it's not so small and a bit more epensive.

I used the Vapcap for 1 week and it is actually not used...I can see the vaponic in my rotation without any doubt!

biohacker

Thanks man! That's the thing with the vapcap, I didn't really appreciate the flavour, however the clouds were just so-so. The Lotus flavour blew me away, but the technique is sensitive and the abv not even. The Supreme3 blew me away on every benchmark though! It's what led me to the other torch vapes, but every experience has been a downer compared to the Supreme.

Time to read this thread from the start! Pretty quiet here considering it goes back a few years!

biohacker,
Reactions: Vapenvy

Shannock

Haven't tried the Supreme but it looks crazy! All 3 of my vapes are flame driven for the time being, for heavy hitters if you can get hold of a Lily or Daisy you will not be disappointed! Have been looking at the Vaponic, I like the whole simplicity and don't forget the disguise marker case!

Top Bottom