• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaponic Herbal Vaporizer

natural farmer

@natural farmer as much as I agree on the sustainable part, I think you cannot get that a pure taste with other material as glass - which also helps with the visual control. Also the garbage produced is only glass - no poisonous materials as in electronic models that often last less long. I'm a relatively clumsy person and managed to destroy only one outer tube in 6 months (cost = 0.26€). And yes I usually take the vapcap for a night out with me for the sturdiness. But as said before, noting beats drinking espresso and enjoying your favorite strains (and actually tasting the differences very clearly) with the vaponic.

EDIT: it is also quite cheap: you get the entire vaponic and pen housing for 27€ on Amazon. The only more costly replacement would be the inner tube, which you can buy for 9€ at the manufacturer - with free shipping over 25€.
Agree on the taste and cheap cost of replacements as well as on the low impact t of glass when disposed. Sustainability is a bit more than that though. Manufacturing, packaging, shipping, logistics, fuel etc, the whole procedure also has an impact... And it adds up. I am nitpicking of course compared to what is happening right now in the world but one step at a time, right? :)

natural farmer,

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
@natural farmer I generally agree ;) But then you should stop buying anything (vapes included) after you got one sturdy and working specimen. And coming back to the vaponic: to minimize the impact, you could buy a 20 years worth of spare parts all at once (to save on shipping and packaging impact). And, given the rest of the stuff we consume, this is the smallest part.

OT: have you ever been to the USA? I have to go there occasionally on business trips and it is depressing to see that the energy, waste (especially plastics), etc I try to save throughout the year seems to get leveled by the average US citizen within 2 hours or so.

davesmith

Glass Blower
I just bought one of the originals. As an ex language tutor (had a lot of board markers) and current glassblower supprised it took so long for me to pick one up. Can't wait to have a play!

natural farmer

@natural farmer I generally agree ;) But then you should stop buying anything (vapes included) after you got one sturdy and working specimen. And coming back to the vaponic: to minimize the impact, you could buy a 20 years worth of spare parts all at once (to save on shipping and packaging impact). And, given the rest of the stuff we consume, this is the smallest part.

OT: have you ever been to the USA? I have to go there occasionally on business trips and it is depressing to see that the energy, waste (especially plastics), etc I try to save throughout the year seems to get leveled by the average US citizen within 2 hours or so.

Agree on everything buddy! Well said! :lol:

natural farmer,

davesmith

Glass Blower
Wow.

Mine arrived today had my first session and it was an incredibly enjoyable experience. I'm very impressed.

Firstly the packaging and the product are very nicely put together. I almost didn't want to throw the packaging away It's not like the current trend of fancy ipackaging, it seems more original and authentic. I'm really interested to have a look more into the people who made it. I bet it's the baby of a close knit group of people. The manual is great, many different languages and picture (which speak almost every language!).

The techniques they suggest I found somewhat redundant. Instead of looking for visual clues of the temperature or feeling the heat with my finger I just played it safe and got a feel for the amount of heat it needed. That did mean my session lasted about 8 mins, for a very small amount of herb, but I got a perfectly even brown and great taste from start to (almost) finish. I do understand how it could be easy to scortch a load but as long as your aware of it it's pretty easy to use.

I love the fact that when you get the sweet spot for temp you get a good 3-4 hits from that heating cycle. Very relaxing. The draw resistance is wide open and this is a BIG positive for me. I hate restricted draws, it's something that really puts me off a lot of vapes as I know after one or two sessions it'll stop me from using a vape.

It comes with a little pokey, a rolled up screen for putting hash in (literally a rolled up pipe screen from what I can see, very fine mesh), the vaponic and a pen case. The case is another real plus. Having something that looks inconspicuous at a glance is a very useful thing. Thrown in a bag of other similar objects it's quickly hidden from sight.

Overall my first impressions are great. For the price (£26.50 on eBay, it actually came with a jet lighter for free too although this wasn't mentioned in the listing) I feel like an idiot for not grabbing one sooner. A great unit to add to the collection.

My next session will be with a lovely piece of morocon so I'll report back once I've had that experience.

Happy blazing ✌️✌️✌️

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
Nice review that speaks for vapefiend. What I missed that the mentioning of the free dabs you get every couple of days by letting the buildup run down into the bowl and then either stuff some fresh herb (or just cotton) in to keep it from making a mess.

davesmith

Glass Blower
@Dutch-Mic its a completely different beast. I really love my vapman but with my others in the line up it's pretty much just a 'hash nail' these days. I use it for hash through water and basically nothing else. Theyre so different it's hard to compare, I think they will both be 'vapes i'd replace' which is basically the highest award any vape can get in my mind haha

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Just logged only to like your post @davesmith , I even love mine more since i got the VapCap M (which is very nice also!)... I noticed the heating routine is pretty the same for both units: 12-14s initial heating cycle and 5-6s for the next ones, this thecnic give me a perfect abv with a lot of hits and the taste is still amazing!

davesmith

Glass Blower
Just logged only to like your post @davesmith , I even love mine more since i got the VapCap M (which is very nice also!)... I noticed the heating routine is pretty the same for both units: 12-14s initial heating cycle and 5-6s for the next ones, this thecnic give me a perfect abv with a lot of hits and the taste is still amazing!
Thanks dude. I just tried mine with import hash yesterday (Moroccan I believe) it works as advertised. I had to open the screen half way through the session and give it a little fluff up but other than that was great. Only problem I noticed is it was very hot vapour as I've found with all hash vape sessions. Which is why I generally go through water when vaping hash. Either that or take very small hits and be sure to take on lots of air too. But yea this is an amazing vape really happy with it.
When vapes say 'a combination of conduction and convection' they generally mean just conduction lol, ,this one however really does provide both in almost equal measures, along with some radiative heat I'm sure.

Peace people!

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
@davesmith did you need to burn off the metal screen after usage?
I found that crumbling it into cotton works nice as well and you do not need to clean the screens. However, I only tried it with some very runny Maroccan deluxe stuff and the screens were terribly clogged and sticky afterwards.

EDIT: just realized that you are writing about the screen, so I rephrased the question

Last edited:
Schroedinger,
Reactions: davesmith

davesmith

Glass Blower
@davesmith did you need to burn off the metal screen after usage?
I found that crumbling it into cotton works nice as well and you do not need to clean the screens. However, I only tried it with some very runny Maroccan deluxe stuff and the screens were terribly clogged and sticky afterwards.

EDIT: just realized that you are writing about the screen, so I rephrased the question
I've only done one bowl of hash and there was no need to clean the screen other than a light brush. I'm not that picky about cleanliness though. I would have thought periodic blastings with a torch and replacement occasionally will be needed. Luckily these things cost pennies so no worries there!

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
Just make some 'baskets' by gently pushing a round 15mm Screen (eg the coarse Mighty screens) in the chamber of the inner tube.
For traditional Hash it's best to fill one basket, put it in the chamber bottom down and stack a second basket on top(also bottom down), to prevent any material from falling on the outer tube.
That way u don't even have to push out the built in fine screen for cleaning bc really nothing gumps up, the glass camber walls can get hard to clean otherwise. Should also minimize conduction...
Sticky Hash seems to always bind together back to one piece after one heat cycle, so just throw a uncrumbled piece in - after 4 heating cycles or so most of the stickyness is gone and u can easily crumble it and reload. Its the best vape for hash imo, vapman second.
Same thing for Herbs, a basket on top of the load prevents material from falling on the outer tube and allows u to use fine grind and press it a little.

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
@Used2use You are right. My problem was that the stuff was so sticky and I had not spend it all. So I vaped on a bit more and now there is only very little residue left that you can scrape off the screen with a knife or clean it with an iso wipe. But man, this is really tasty with dense hits. It is the dessert of vaping. BTW: I used the folded 2cm screens that came with the vaponic+.

Used2use

How strong are the threadings on the vaponic+ case? somehow i don't like the design too much, magnets would have been nicer and the tip should have a flat bottom to stand it upright - thanks for the cork idea, although i only use it for the midsection, i have used a piece of a branch drilled out to the cork diameter for the bottom - now it feels like drinking a nice cold coke throug a straw on a hot day and gives a slow thermal feedback through the wood similar to a vapman
But the added insulation seems to be a two sided sword, somehow i have noticed that the condensation point on the inner tube moves a little bit more towards the mouthpiece, so the vapour should be slightly hotter. But thats a bit nutpicking haven't seen a better and more efficient thermal fluid design!
Somehow the type of heating really changes the amount of convection in this vape.
The reverse flow effect works best with really small temperature steps and a couple of non visible but tasty puffs between (very important to spread the heat and get reverse flow thermal exchange going), i only heat maybe 5s every cycle so it takes about 4-5 heatings to get visible vapour but it's so much smoother than heating it up directly to vaping temp (i would guess 100 - 120 -140 -160C are my steps)
But there is a method to get thic vapour from the first draw i played with, i use only with water though:
Just heat the outer tube without the inner tube inside untill the flame turns orange on every spot on the surface, and then put the inner tube in maybe let it cool a few seconds before, depending on material...
@ander that heater made me think, somehow add an airpump to the intake and a baloon on the top - VaponiCano

Last edited:

davesmith

Glass Blower
So after a couple weeks with my vaponic I've noticed the sodium flare (orange glow of flame) seems to indicate when the vape is at the maximum temp, using it as a guide I can finish a bowl in one heat cycle (as is noted above).

This however doesn't provide the most enjoyable session but it does get er done. Personally I find a slightly longer session does me better and I enjoy the relaxing pace of a slow tasty session.

Nice to really find the range of this vape, I'm still yet to combust (touches wood) but I'm sure it'll happen one day.

Still loving this vape for whenever I don't have to rush or be stealth. Especially as there's no component that can be considered toxic etc. A big plus for any vape.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Nice to really find the range of this vape, I'm still yet to combust (touches wood) but I'm sure it'll happen one day.
Never combusted too and I think it never happen... except if I'm too stone and forgot the time!

For concentrates I recommand to put it in coton or hemp fiber and place it in the thinner part where the screen is for flower usage, so you need to take off the basket screen or push it down in the tube. This technic will avoid the harsh vapor issue you was encoutering while vaping your hash and will provide very large and smooth clouds. Personnaly i use one Vaponic for flowers only and another for concentrates only.

Used2use

So after a couple weeks with my vaponic I've noticed the sodium flare (orange glow of flame) seems to indicate when the vape is at the maximum temp, using it as a guide I can finish a bowl in one heat cycle
I have always wondered at which surface temp that orange flame begins to appear, maybe you have some more insight?
guess it depends on glass type, the vaponic is listed as borosilikate 3.3 (somehow it feels much less fragile than the vapcap og body)

Dutch-Mic

It has been a while since my last post, but it's time for some love for the Vaponic. I own multiple VapCaps, a Flowermate and a MFLB, but the Vaponic gives me the best flavour! As an ADHD person it's difficult to relax. I developed a calming evening ritual that helps me greatly : jazz/reggae music, lazy armchair, tea, my favourite herbs and the Vaponic! :zzz:

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
I took my vaponic+ and an omnivap on a family camping trip the last two weeks. Such a breeze. During daytime I sometimes took some stealthy hits from the omnivap but in the evenings with the kids in bed, I could relax and really enjoy the vaponic (brought some herbs and some Morroccan). When I was still combusting, I could not do this because nothings gives you away like a lingering cloud of smoke on a hot and windless day ;) . So I was glad that I could bring my "nerveweed" this time.

Phenix

How does your Vaponic lasted you on your journey?
For one: How is the quality? Do you still use it?

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
How does your Vaponic lasted you on your journey?
For one: How is the quality? Do you still use it?
You mean if I broke it? No, but I brought an additional outer tube with me. But as said, I own the vaponic plus that comes in a wood casing and is a bit more forgiving.

Do you still use it?
Hell, yes, it is my favorite vape! (vaponic+ is my default vape, the vapocane for huge hits and getting flattened very fast and finally an omnivap for the more stealthy situations - I abandoned the electric vapes).

jane621

Unapproved commercial account.
The new Vaponic Vaporizer made by SOLWE replaces the Vapbong. Although the Vaponic is similar to the Vapbong at first sight, it's actually a major further development of its predecessor.

oY6zw.jpg

Available Marker Case Colors
QF9C0.jpg

Vaponic Vaporizer
YAJBY.jpg

Vaponic New Inner tube and larger bowl
Vp8KZ.jpg

These are the new key features of the VAPONIC:
  • Increased Filling Chamber
  • Faster and easier handling, filling, heating and cleaning
  • No grinding of the herbs is needed
  • Visual control of the heating process
  • Unintended combustion virtually impossible
  • Vaporization based on conduction and convection
  • New design and dividing line marking the 'where to touch' area
  • Extra fine and durable steel filter
  • Very useful multifunctional maintenance tool included
Current Vapbong owners will be able to purchase an upgrade kit to turn their Vapbong into a Vaponic.

Retail pricing on the Vaponic is 39,90 € and in North America will probably retail for the same as the Vapbong $59.95.

The Vaponic Vaporizer gets released for sale on Monday May 21, 2012. We will be stocking the Vaponic as well as all replacement parts and screens.

Haven't seem this before as a newbie,lol

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Finally gave in and ordered a Vaponic plus which Should be here this weekend. Can't wait to have one of my own as I've only used one for a long weekend 5 years ago when my Vapor genie got wet at the beach(actually fell in the pool) and thankfully a friend had one of these in their bag, it served us well for a few days even though we were using a Bic lighter.

Love my Flame powered vapes.

Top Bottom