Discontinued Vapolution 2.0

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Nice innovation Sid :)

I know what you mean about those lung splitting hits being a bit much sometimes. Like Stu I use it with water filtration to help it along.

If you don't mind me asking - what made you go for the Vapolution V.2 instead of a different maker?

J.R.R.Tokin',

Sid Artha

Hi J.R.R.

Since my old Vapolution works so good now I thought I should have a backup vaporizer, I don't want to have to go back to smoking. I've been looking at a lot of products and just didn't see anything out there that looked like it would do a better job for me. I found one for a pretty good price and the accessories will be interchangeable. I should say again that the direct hits off whips don't work, if I hadn't of come up with the expansion chamber to regulate the hits I would not be buying the new unit. If the new version works like the old version I would recommend it.

Sid Artha,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Sid.

Have you tried using it through water yet? If not I really recommend it. It makes those big hits bearable. Also, if it's hitting too hard, can't you just dial-down the temp a bit and just take more but thinner hits?

As far as I understand, the V.2 is exactly the same functionally. They just re-designed the body to look a bit slicker and ironed out a few kinks. I am still really enjoying mine for when I want to get :ko: but it doesn't get used till last thing at night usually.

J.R.R.Tokin',

Sid Artha

J.R.R.

No, I don't have a water / bong setup . I should look into that, sounds like it has possiblities.

Actually now it's not hitting too hard. Being able to regulate the vapor / air ratio mostly takes care of that. And the other variables seem to be sort of learn as you go, like temp setting and size of load and how loose the load gets packed. I seem to get pretty good results at about one o'clock, about half a pipe loaded mostly loose. But it has got to where I hardly give it a thought now, it's no more of a deal than loading a pipe and smoking was.

Sid Artha,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
For the bong, try making yourself a simple one out of a small plastic bottle. Just make a hole half way up to put your tubing in - into the water and draw through the mouth of the bottle. It will give you a quick idea if you like it and if it will be worth investing some money on. I think you'll like it :2c:

I don't know if the temp dial settings are the same between the V1 and V2, but I vape at around 10.5-11 o/c. 1 o/c for me would be waaaay too high on the V2.

J.R.R.Tokin',

Sid Artha

Stu wrote
I would only take blind hits off of a whip as a last resort.
That's it. That was my problem when I first got my Vapolution. The whips and mouthpieces and instructions indicate that is how they intend for the customer to use it, direct hit off whip. The first time buyer, user, will not know there is an alternative, and it will be another version of my experience.
Maybe a new customer that doesn't know this yet will see this and realize that it is easy to turn the Vapolution into a very good usable vaporizer. I wish I would have known when I started.

I wonder if poster named Vapolution Vaporizers still reads this thread.

Sid Artha,

max

Out to lunch
Direct draw, either with the whip or the AIW bowl, works just fine with the Vapo, it just takes more care and effort than with the typical whip vape. I used it as my main direct draw vape for two years, and was quite satisfied with it. The MFLB isn't a snap to use either, especially if you want larger hits without going too hot. All models aren't created equal, as far as ease of use.

max,

Sid Artha

J.R.R.Tokin' said:
For the bong, try making yourself a simple one out of a small plastic bottle.
Good idea, I'll try that.
J.R.R.Tokin' said:
I don't know if the temp dial settings are the same between the V1 and V2, but I vape at around 10.5-11 o/c. 1 o/c for me would be waaaay too high on the V2.
OK, I'm somewhere between 12 and 1, if they had put some marks by the knob we would know right where are setting is. I guess I'll make my own marks.

Sid Artha,

weedemon

enthusiast
So today my Vapolution arrived!

I had to wait till after work to try it out but boy was I pumped to give it a go.

I have to say I wasn`t let down either! this thing can hit hard if you work it!

The taste is indeed A+! and I was really surprised at how long it continued to hit for as well!

It did take longer than I expected to get up to temperature though. I found it was probably a 10 minute wait before it was notably hotter and at this point we dialed it back down a bit.

I really like the AIW bowl. i kind of wish it didn`t have the choke on it though. but I guess that forces noobs to hold it near the base and hopefully they wont break it this way. :p (was that part of the design i think?)

It feels light and cheap, but it was cheap. and for the first truely glass on glass only vape I have used... I am impressed. it is amazing tasting!

weedemon,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Nice - glad you're enjoying it :) I kinda like the carb on the AIW, works for me. What dial setting are you settling on (11, 12 o/c etc)?

J.R.R.Tokin',

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Glad you're enjoying it weedemon. ;)
I've been "testing" mine for a couple of months now on a daily basis, so I guess it's my current daily driver.

The first tip I will give you is to throw away those plastic retaining clips and just use a 1cm strip of silicone tubing instead. I use 5/16" ID, but 1/4" or 3/8" would probably work just as well.

Second tip: Don't let the bowl sit in the chamber for more than 5 or 10 minutes as you will begin to lose the load to passive conduction.

Tip 3: Be sure to load your nuggets in the right way. if the nug resembles a common bud (has a stem running through it), make sure to load the "bottom" of the bud or "stem" side in first. Since cannabis is shaped like a feather, pointing the bud in the right direction helps keep it in place and not want to wander down into the bottom of the chamber where it will cook and toast quickly.

Final tip of the night: Give a fresh bowl about 1-2 minutes in the chamber before hitting it. You can hit it sooner, but I've found a warmed-up bowl to hit hard immediately, whereas a cooler bowl doesn't quite hit as well.

I'm still enjoying mine on a daily basis and hope you can enjoy yours, too.

:peace:

weedemon

enthusiast
that 4th tip is what i needed to hear! thanks dude! how long do you let yours preheat (from the time you turned it on) for before you insert the stem?

thx for the loading tip too!

I was using it at maybe 12:30-1ish? settings

If i`m`honest it`s not really mine. my buddy owes me for it still. but he told me I`m welcome to borrow it whenever I want. (I got him onto vapor with the mflb, and he also has been using my volcano for a few months now.) I like to loan my volcano out to responsible friends and then they can get onto vapor easily too! If he likes it as much as I do so far, I might just have to buy a 2nd one for myself! :D then again I might be moving in and living with him in a few months :p better wait and see :p still gotta pay for the cloud!

weedemon,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The first time I used it, I didn't let it pre-heat long enough. So now I usually let it heat up for 15-20 minutes before I use it. I pre-heat at 2:00, then turn it down to about 11:30 for usage. I find that I don't really need to go past noon to thoroughly vaporize by bowl and be left with coffee colored abv.

Enjoy!

Stu,

VAPORIZER22

All the great reviews made me decide to take the plunge on the Vapolution. I was tempted to ask if I could stop by the office to pick it up since they are only a half hour away but with the free shipping I can wait a few days. Really excited to try this product.

VAPORIZER22,
Got my Vapolution yesterday and did some extensive testing only using the AIW. This is my first vaporizer ever and I think I'm hooked. Will do some more testing tonight with the whip.

Skywalker281,

Vapolution Vaporizers

Vapolution Vaporizers
Manufacturer
I'm always impressed to see what others do with our vaporizer and this thread has already developed into quite a library of tips and tricks for the Vapolution.

I've noticed no one has picked up our battery pack and charger (to my knowledge I could be mistaken) and I believe this to be an underdog accessory that can really enhance the Vapolution experience. Even around the house, to be free of the wall cord feels great. The Li-Ion batteries are expensive for us to purchase, and the purchase price has reflected this cost, but I'm going to offer them at just a shade over cost to see if it sparks interest, and hopefully discussion.

My experience with the battery and charger is that it works well, but not for 2 continuous hours, more like one hour on a full charge. The battery supply runs a slightly lower voltage and the temp dial should be set about 30 degrees further to the right of your usual preferred vaporizer setting. The batteries take a quick charge when fully depleted in about 2 hours, but to get a really strong charge, they can be left on the charger overnight. Once the rapid charge is finished a supplemental trickle charge tops off the battery. I like to use the All in Wonder bowl with the battery pack and hold the battery underneath the unit (it tucks in nicely there) and then is one relatively compact package.

If someone wants to pick up the Vapolution Portable Package or Ultimate, the FC4LIFE discount code will take $25.00 off any of those packages and we'll throw in a free all in wonder bowl. I updated the cart so that the FC4LIFE discount code will also take $25.00 off the Li-Ion battery pack and charger if anyone who already has a Vapolution wants to add to their package. That will make it $35.00 +$5 to ship, or if you pick up any additional accessories, shipping is free at $50.

Cheers
Vapolution

Vapolution Vaporizers,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Damn! If shipping and customs wasn't so expensive I'd snap that up! That really would be a great addition. My Vapolution has been getting a lot of love and with the portable aspect I think it would get even more. Oh well :(

J.R.R.Tokin',

VAPORIZER22

I'm always impressed to see what others do with our vaporizer and this thread has already developed into quite a library of tips and tricks for the Vapolution.

I've noticed no one has picked up our battery pack and charger (to my knowledge I could be mistaken) and I believe this to be an underdog accessory that can really enhance the Vapolution experience. Even around the house, to be free of the wall cord feels great. The Li-Ion batteries are expensive for us to purchase, and the purchase price has reflected this cost, but I'm going to offer them at just a shade over cost to see if it sparks interest, and hopefully discussion.

My experience with the battery and charger is that it works well, but not for 2 continuous hours, more like one hour on a full charge. The battery supply runs a slightly lower voltage and the temp dial should be set about 30 degrees further to the right of your usual preferred vaporizer setting. The batteries take a quick charge when fully depleted in about 2 hours, but to get a really strong charge, they can be left on the charger overnight. Once the rapid charge is finished a supplemental trickle charge tops off the battery. I like to use the All in Wonder bowl with the battery pack and hold the battery underneath the unit (it tucks in nicely there) and then is one relatively compact package.

If someone wants to pick up the Vapolution Portable Package or Ultimate, the FC4LIFE discount code will take $25.00 off any of those packages and we'll throw in a free all in wonder bowl. I updated the cart so that the FC4LIFE discount code will also take $25.00 off the Li-Ion battery pack and charger if anyone who already has a Vapolution wants to add to their package. That will make it $35.00 +$5 to ship, or if you pick up any additional accessories, shipping is free at $50.

Cheers
Vapolution

Ordered Monday night, now I wish I would of waited a few days so I could of added the battery pack. I am fairly close to Chico, do you allow order pick ups at the office? Mailman just dropped of the box, time to start testing. Just finished up curing some Prophet harvested a few weeks ago so I am ready to blast off!

VAPORIZER22,

Vapolution Vaporizers

Vapolution Vaporizers
Manufacturer
Ordered Monday night, now I wish I would of waited a few days so I could of added the battery pack. I am fairly close to Chico, do you allow order pick ups at the office? Mailman just dropped of the box, time to start testing. Just finished up curing some Prophet harvested a few weeks ago so I am ready to blast off!

We can drop packages off at the Postal Station in Chico (1692 Mangrove Ave). If you decide you want to pick up a battery pack I can make a you an invoice and drop it off with the mail. It will be $37.54 on the button. If you do decide to go for it, just email info@vapolution.com to remind me to drop it off. Glad to hear the prophet is working out-

Vapolution Vaporizers,

VAPORIZER22

We can drop packages off at the Postal Station in Chico (1692 Mangrove Ave). If you decide you want to pick up a battery pack I can make a you an invoice and drop it off with the mail. It will be $37.54 on the button. If you do decide to go for it, just email info@vapolution.com to remind me to drop it off. Glad to hear the prophet is working out-

Thanks for the offer, I really appreciate it. If I am in town soon I will email to place the order, if not I will just order online and pay the $5 shipping.

So far I am amazed by the quality of the vapor the Vapolution produces. Nice and tasty from the AIWB. Packed a tiny nug in the AIWB and got really medicated. Way more than I was expecting for the amount of medicine I used. I can already tell that I get the best result from herb that is dryer than I would like it to be if I were to actually smoke it. The first bowl I packed was with a nug of White Fire that had been in the jar for a few months by now. This produced really good vapor. When I packed a bowl with the Prophet that has a bit more moisture in it the vapor was was not as thick but still got me medicated.

I also just tried it with my double chamber circ diffuser bubbler and got nice vapor. My only problem has been the tubing size seems a bit small for the buddy bowl and large bowl. I have not tried soaking it in boiling water but will try. I am planning on ordering some silicone tubing, are most people using 5/16 ID 7/16 OD tubing? I am not sure if the 3/8 ID 1/2 OD would fit the buddy bowl and large bowl better.

Love vaping on a rainy day. Thanks for a great vape Vapolution.

VAPORIZER22,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I find the 5/16" ID silicone tubing to work perfectly both for use as a whip, and also as a replacement for the plastic retainer clips.

VAPORIZER22

I find the 5/16" ID silicone tubing to work perfectly both for use as a whip, and also as a replacement for the plastic retainer clips.

Right on Stu. I was not sure if an extra 1/16 would be enough to fit the buddy bowl and large bowl, stock tubing is 1/4 ID I believe, but if you are using a 5/16 then I know it will fit both since they are same size. Was looking at the less expensive silicon brand tubing but was not sure if it was safe for vapng or get the Tygon tubing.

VAPORIZER22,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Here is the stuff I use.

http://www.amazon.com/White-Silicon...WTSY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1331770906&sr=8-3

It works great. It will fit both the large diameter and small diameter bowls. I've not tried the buddy bowl.

61XBOAsl2dL._AA1497_.jpg

Stu,
Top Bottom