Discontinued Vapolution 2.0

alex314

Hi guys, just wanted to share that on last friday I ordered a Vapolution 2.0, this will be my first electric powered vape and hopefully it will retire my dear butane powered VaporStar after a couple of years of good service.

alex314,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Ooh, good news. My Vapolution is in the UK. It's getting delivered Wednesday. Can't wait :)

Edit: So, got into work today and there was a little box waiting for me :)

Can't wait to finish work and get some heavy duty testing underway!

J.R.R.Tokin',

Chance2Vape

VapulatrixonifierDlx
Wow, lots of folks getting on board w/this one huh? Can't wait til I can spare the $$. This vape sounds better and better. Please post impressions and reviews :D

Chance2Vape,

hogleg

I have I had the vapo for a week or so now and I really like it for solo use because of its tendency to overheat if the bowl is left in too long. There was a good amount of oil built up in the stem and a friend was using it while I was outside and man it really fouled the stem/bowl but that is not the machines fault. All in all I really like the flavor and it is good for clouds or just takin your meds. The straight bowls are kind of a pain but if you can slip the tubing all the way down so it supports the retaining washer then your all set

hogleg,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Nice tip on the retaining washer, hogleg. Since I use 5/16" ID silicone, it can easily be placed all the way up against the clip. I had been just barely connecting the tubing onto the stem for quick swap-outs and ISO soaks. The retaining washer will move around if your not careful, so the silicone should hold it in place better. I'm going to give it a try. Thanks!

:peace:

Stu,

hogleg

Stu said:
Nice tip on the retaining washer, hogleg. Since I use 5/16" ID silicone, it can easily be placed all the way up against the clip. I had been just barely connecting the tubing onto the stem for quick swap-outs and ISO soaks. The retaining washer will move around if your not careful, so the silicone should hold it in place better. I'm going to give it a try. Thanks!

your welcome. yeah sometimes you have to cut it but they send so much

hogleg,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I just tried pulling the silicone all the way up to the plastic clip, and it worked really well! Thanks again, hogleg.
i5d6pl.jpg

I found that it not only kept the clip in the right place, but the extra weight of the silicone tubing kept the bowl in a more vertical orientation, which was a plus.

This thing continues to impress me. I am awed right now by how many times I just whitewalled my BW inline with a tiny nug smaller than a pea.

More people should really try this thing. It's very impressive.

Stu,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
So I've had a good run of testing and here's my review.

Firstly, I ordered the pocket vape with it but it didnt turn up ? I e-mailed the folks at Vapolution, they got back to me rapidly and they offered to post it out asap or refund me. I took the refund due to the long post times. A+ for customer service.

What you get: The basic package includes the Vapolution unit, power supply, car power supply, 2 long whips, 2 bowls and 2 retaining rings. I got the FC bonus of the All-in-Wonder-Bowl (AIWB) included too.

The unit itself is extremely light. Its base is about the same diameter as the EQ but it is only about half the height. The finish is decent though maybe not as polished as the EQ. All of the accessories are decent quality, though the tubing is a bit tight for my liking, I think slightly wider tubing would be more suitable.

It is very easy to hook up with water filtration. For a 14mm the stock tubing can be put directly into the down-stem for a good seal. To hook up to 18mm I used an EQ elbow.

Getting Started: It takes about 5 minutes to get to temp. Its analogue temperature dial is simple to use and after much experimentation I found that my sweet-spot was just over 10 o/c. Packing the herb couldnt be simpler. Break a small bud, give a slight roll between the fingers to get it to fit the bowl properly and insert. A full load is approx 0.1 0.15 depending on bud density. Don't pack too much or you'll block the air-flow.

For best results the bowl with herb needs to sit in the heat for at least a minute before hitting. You can hit it before but it will only supply weak vapour.

The Whip: The one thing I think is lacking on the basic pack is a mouth piece for the whip. I personally wont be using the whip for direct hits only to connect glass but some folks might. They give you plenty of tubing, so if you are planning on using the whip it would be advisable to cut it down a bit. The bowl attaches to the tubing easily enough.

The AIWB: It is a nice design with a bit of colour swirled in the glass. It has a carb hole to clear the straw which is positioned well and its rounded mouth piece is comfortable to use. The flavour that the AIWB delivers is superb as it creates an all glass air path. For me a must have with this unit.

The Hit: The Vapolution is capable of delivering very thick and tasty hits on a small amount of herb. It is up there with the Vapocane for me in terms of flavour when using the AIWB. It can extract to the point where your ABV is walnut brown i.e. very very dark. It is very capable of white-walling glass for monster hits, but is just as suitable for small sips from the AIWB. The bowl sitting in the heat port does create an oven effect, so it is definitely advisable to either finish the load quickly or remove the bowl between hits. Also, I found half-loads help to reduce any waste.

Downsides: I only have a few gripes with this unit. The first is that the basic set needs better fitting tubing and a mouth piece added. Secondly, theres no aromatherapy attachment! I love making my house smell nice with my various vaporizers and think its a shame the Vapolution doesnt offer this option. And lastly, the herb definitely gets spent if left in the heat port. While I tend to do a half load in a quick session I can see that others wont and this may be a slight problem especially if youre a bit forgetful.

Overall: I really like this unit. Its small yet powerful. It delivers on taste and hit richness. It is very versatile in that you can use the whip straight or through water or you can hit direct with the AIWB. Ive used it solo and in a group to great effect. I like that there are a bunch of accessories for it including a portable battery pack. The price point is great imo and the company seem to stand behind their product with good customer service. A big thumbs up from me :)

J.R.R.Tokin',

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm glad you finally got your Vapolution, JRR. I never even tried using the supplied tubing as I immediately used som 5/16 ID silicone that I keep on had for EQ whips - it works great.

It took me a while to perfect my load technique, but looks like you figured it out pretty quickly. I found that too small of a load (diameter wise) would end up falling down out of the bowl and into the heat port. This causes very quick roasting of the herb. Conversely if I pack a load too tight, then airflow gets severely restricted as you pointed out.

I'm still "testing" my Vapo nightly, so I guess in effect it has become my daily driver. I just love the big cloudy rips that come from such a tiny amount of bud.

Stu,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
I've still got to get my self set up with silicone tubing so was stuck with the stock. Really must get onto that on my next day off.

To be honest Stu I read up your experience and went from there - so I was already half way to working it all out before I even started :)

I've been using it daily as my evening vape - mainly for the heavy hits and high temps. I found that I like to use it mainly with a half load - 1 pea sized ball. It gives me about 4 good milky bong hits and eliminates the 'oven effect' on the herb.

I also really do like the AIWB for it's taste and ease of use (no tubes, water etc). I usually start with that for a bit of tastiness, then move onto the whip / bong for a bit of :ko:

J.R.R.Tokin',

weedemon

enthusiast
hey Stu!,

So i convinced my friend to buy it instead :brow:! He really liked the look of it and he thinks it's gonna be a good fit for his needs :) I bought it for him as he was paranoid about buying something like this with his credit card. VAS wins again, but in a sidways fashion. :p my same friend is borrowing my volcano so he told me i am welcome to use this w/e I want too :)

weedemon,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Nice, weedemon. :cool:

A hint that I've recently discovered is to use silicone strips instead of the plastic clips. The 5/16" ID silicone tubing that I order in bulk works perfectly to stop the bowl from going in too deep, and I use the same tubing for connecting it to my bong.

I just set it at 2.5" from the tip instead of the 2.75 that the plastic clips are supposed to be set at since the diameter of the plastic clips are larger when descending into the "cone of vapolution".

The plastic clips are too easily moved around on the glass stem to provide an accurate "suspension point" for the bowl. The silicone takes care of that problem.

After playing with this thing for the last month or so, I've come to a few conculutions:

It's too cheap. I mean that literally and figuratively. The materials used for the casing of this vape are very flimsly and light. But this belies the fact that it is actually quite an exquisite vaporizer. The body of the unit is made of cheap plastic and aluminum and is very "light" to the touch. But one has to understand that the real action is happening where the vapor is being created.

If this thing were built using the same heavier materials that Arizer and 7th floor use for their vaporizers (heavy, solid metals and plastics), then it would sell for $200-$250 minimum. The vapor that this thing produces is really impressive. When you add to that the taste that all glass vaporization provides, then you really should take a hard look at the Vapolution.

I wish the unit was heavier and more "solid", but at this point I don't really care because it's been kicking my ass night after night with really tasty vapor.

Hat's off to the Vapolution folks! Sorry for the ramble.

Stu,

weedemon

enthusiast
that's a cool tip! thanks for that man! I will be sure to pass that on to him or remember it for when the time comes :)

weedemon,

hogleg

personally I like the light weight it seems like this thing always ends up in my hands I dont really use a whip much just the wonderbowl and the large bowl connected directly to a 14mm GonG with a little EQ tubing the vapolution is so light it stands up all by itself

stem013.jpg

sorry for the mess its parts cleaning day

hogleg,

hogleg

This is a good example of how sucking the herb to pack bowls really makes a lot more mess

hogleg,

max

Out to lunch
sucking the herb to pack bowls
Since the Vapo has no screen, I'd say it's the worst way to load I can think of. OTOH, a dirty bowl on this model helps keep the herb in place (but makes it harder to blow out). I usually used small pieces- too big and it can restrict air flow and you also end up having to turn it around to vape the other side.

Stu said:
It's too cheap.
I used the orginal version for a couple of years and never had any issues with the materials used. This vape goes back quite a few years, and was more of a different play on the box vape than anything. I certainly prefer it to a box. And like you say, upgrading the housing would make it less of a great buy. As it is, I think it's hands down the best buy on the market for clean tasty vapor.

max,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I agree 100% max.

The point I was trying to make is that I believe that the low price point may actually make people shy away from it if they make the mistake of thinking "expensive = better". I fully understand that Vapolution chose their materials to keep the price point at an affordable level and although the housing has very little to do with the overall quality of the vaporizer, the mis-perception of "expensive = better" may cause potential customers to pass up this awesome vaporizer; and that's a shame.

Or maybe I'm over-thinking it all.

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
I think it might have a lot to do with a lack of information. Go on youtube and try and find user vids and there's practically nothing there to entice.

J.R.R.Tokin',

BlueHoo

I talked to the owner of a local head shop last week. He carried the Vapolution 2.0 but hadn't sold any yet. I told him how much I enjoyed mine.

BlueHoo,

hogleg

max said:
sucking the herb to pack bowls
Since the Vapo has no screen, I'd say it's the worst way to load I can think of. OTOH, a dirty bowl on this model helps keep the herb in place (but makes it harder to blow out). I usually used small pieces- too big and it can restrict air flow and you also end up having to turn it around to vape the other side.
I agree I put screens in them

hogleg,

Sid Artha

Greetings all. This is my first post on FC. I have been browsing around FC for a couple weeks or so now and I like this community. A lot of interesting discussions. I have a Vapolution 1.0 and have a 2.0 on order, so it looks like this is a good thread for me to start at.

I had given up on my Vapolution for good, a couple times. When I would take that hit that was too much stronger than I anticipated and coughed both lungs onto the floor I swore that was it. Last time it went on the shelf for months. Until I brought it out for one more try.

This time a new plan. Inspiration comes. This thing needs an expansion chamber. Made one. It works. I need to share. It's pretty much free, just take a few minutes and make one. You just might love it.

I took about the top 4 inches off of two plastic 1 liter tonic water bottles (Empty bottles!!!! :), make nice straight cuts and they will fit together easy. Carefully tape the two tops together with electrical tape. Take one bottle cap and make a hole in it so you can poke in the end of your whip. Take the other bottle cap and make a hole in it so you can poke in the end of your mouthpiece. Nice snug airtight fits would be good. Insert devices into holes in caps, screw caps on expanshion chamber. Make a carberator hole in plastic bottle at a convient spot for your index finger.

I keep my vapolution on it's side, I never move it. I can load my pipe nice and loose so it gets good air flow and the stuff does't fall out.

Now I can see that nice flow of vapor flow into the expansion chamber so smooth, it gets as thick as I like it and I start letting air in through the carberator hole and inhale nice and easy, never too much, I'm in control now. And now I never cough.

Cheers

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Welcome to the forum, Sid Artha!

I agree that it makes all the difference in the world to be able to see the amount of vapor that you're taking in on a hit with the Vapolution. That's one of the reasons that I only use it with my inline bong. I can gauge exactly how much to consume of that white wall of vapor that is heading my way. I would only take blind hits off of a whip as a last resort.

Your chamber is a good idea and gives that visual clue, so :tup: . You should consider using a bong as the water filtration is an added bonus for smoother hits.

Stu,
Reactions: xRUFUSx
Top Bottom