Discontinued Vapolution 2.0

Vapolution Vaporizers

Vapolution Vaporizers
Manufacturer
collegerower said:
Very interesting. Any idea how long this promo will last?

Will the promo still be around after the first review is posted?

We will keep the promo going for a while. As long as it generates discussion and reviews its a good deal for everyone. Thank you to the people who are willing to be testers!

Vapolution Vaporizers,

Vapolution Vaporizers

Vapolution Vaporizers
Manufacturer
weedemon said:
2 Questions:

How is the 2.0 different from the original besides to obvious appearance upgrade?

Is there a hole in the bottom of the vape that the air comes from? or does it come from somewhere inside the housing of the vape itself? I guess what I`m really asking is does this vape have an air path truly like the cloud? (straight from one end to the other?)

and on a side note,
2clicker said:
a pic never hurts! ;)

thats actually the wrong image of the package you need to order to get the deal though. It does display the AIW bowl though, thanks!

http://www.vapolution.com/images/Vapo20/vapobasic20xl.jpg
is the correct package to order (+ you will get the AIW bowl for free as well)

Weedemon,

There is no hole in the bottom. The air enters through the top of the unit. The bowl does not make a seal when it is placed inside the vaporizer. The air travels in the top, between the glass bowl and the glass lining on the heater. The air then makes a U-turn and travels up through the herbs and into your lung.

The picture posted is not the correct one. You get a Basic Package plus a free AIW bowl for $99. The image shows our premium package. There is no mouthpiece or buddy bowl in the deal we are offering.

Vapolution Vaporizers,

Vapolution Vaporizers

Vapolution Vaporizers
Manufacturer
collegerower said:
Very interesting. Any idea how long this promo will last?

Will the promo still be around after the first review is posted?

This deal does not have a specific end date.

Vapolution Vaporizers,
My vapo shakes and rattles and it sounds like the insulation is lose. I assume this is normal. It is also normal for me to think my glass is broken because of how the glass is formed in the unit. Im just a paranoid dude thats all. I like my vapo, but something is very *dry* about the unit that provides a weird aftertaste.

biojuggernaut,

Vapolution Vaporizers

Vapolution Vaporizers
Manufacturer
biojuggernaut said:
My vapo shakes and rattles and it sounds like the insulation is lose. I assume this is normal. It is also normal for me to think my glass is broken because of how the glass is formed in the unit. Im just a paranoid dude thats all. I like my vapo, but something is very *dry* about the unit that provides a weird aftertaste.

The rattle sound is normal for a well aged vape. The insulation material settles over time and allows it to rattle around when you shake it.

The weird after taste is likely due a dirty bowl and/or heater. If you let herbs that have fallen out of the bowl collect in the heater, it will taint the flavor of your herbs. We recommend cleaning the bowls by soaking them in rubbing alcohol overnight and flushing them out with hot water. The heater can also be cleaned with rubbing alcohol and swabbed out with Q-tips. ONLY CLEAN THE HEATER WHEN THE UNIT IS COLD!!! You can fill the heater with rubbing alcohol and let it sit for a while and then swab it with several q-tips. This should clean it up pretty good to get rid of the taste you describe. Make sure all the alcohol has been removed and evaporated before turning the unit back on.

Heater cleaning can be prevented if you are diligent about making sure herbs that fall out of the bowl do not stay in the heater for too long. If you get them out right away, your heater will stay clean for years.

Vapolution Vaporizers,
Reactions: RUDE BOY
I bought my vapo from a local head shop and al though I have the receipt of purchase and it never names the products I bought that day. Is there any way I can just sign up for the warrenty.

biojuggernaut,

Vapolution Vaporizers

Vapolution Vaporizers
Manufacturer
biojuggernaut said:
I bought my vapo from a local head shop and al though I have the receipt of purchase and it never names the products I bought that day. Is there any way I can just sign up for the warrenty.

The Vapolution automatically comes with a warranty. There is no need to sign up. If anything happens to it in the first 90 days, you will need a receipt to get it fixed or replaced for free. After 90 days we charge $39.99 to fix or replace your unit with no receipt required. If you have an old 1.0 unit, you can send it in at anytime and upgrade to the 2.0 model for $50 (This is for the base only. All other accessories are interchangeable).

Vapolution Vaporizers,

Nujabes

Stu said:
Here is my my video review of the Vapolution 2.0. This is a review of my inital impressions only. I need to play with it a bit still.

I forgot to mention that it also came with two other bowls to be connected to a whip.

:peace:

Hey, new member here! Thanks for the review Stu. I ordered one of these yesterday and I'm pretty excited. Have you tried drawing for a little longer? Seems to me that will solve the problem.

Nujabes,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Awesome Stu,

Love the new bowl. Nicer than the one that comes with the 1.0

I found you have to let it warm up. lot of conduction going on

I always wished I could grind for more even vaping.

I found this vape very frustrating as a newbie. not knowing I needed to heat soak it I struggled and gave up on this unit and got something more user friendly.

came back to it later after I had more experience with vapes and got decent but flavorful results.

at $99 thats a better price. my 1.0 was $160 at a local establishment.

ru_frothi,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
ruforthy, can you give any veteran advice about its use? How much to load, how tight, how long to pre-heat loaded bowl before hitting, favorite dial positions, time for unit to change temps, anthying at all would be helpful.

Thanks

Stu,

VAPORIZER22

Nice review Stu, thanks for taking the time to do it. Have you tried it with the whip? If so, does it alter the taste any? How would you compare the taste of the vapolution to other vaporizers you have tried? Thanks man.

VAPORIZER22,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
VAPORIZER22 said:
Nice review Stu, thanks for taking the time to do it. Have you tried it with the whip? If so, does it alter the taste any? How would you compare the taste of the vapolution to other vaporizers you have tried? Thanks man.

I haven't yet tried the whip as I'm not real pleased with the nylon tubing. I have some silicone laying around somewhere, so I'll "whip" something up in a day or so and give the whip a try through glass. :brow:

I think I need some water filtration as this thing has me coughing quite a bit tonight. :rolleyes:

The taste reminds me of the Vapocane. That's the gold standard of my collection, so I'd say it's pretty tasty. I did take a bowl a little to far with the dial at 12 o'clock and the taste turned popcorny. I'm gonnaa try a bowl at 11:00 and see how that goes.

Stu,

VAPORIZER22

Stu said:
VAPORIZER22 said:

I haven't yet tried the whip as I'm not real pleased with the nylon tubing. I have some silicone laying around somewhere, so I'll "whip" something up in a day or so and give the whip a try through glass. :brow:

I think I need some water filtration as this thing has me coughing quite a bit tonight. :rolleyes:

The taste reminds me of the Vapocane. That's the gold standard of my collection, so I'd say it's pretty tasty. I did take a bowl a little to far with the dial at 12 o'clock and the taste turned popcorny. I'm gonnaa try a bowl at 11:00 and see how that goes.

Thanks for the info, really interested in picking one up.

VAPORIZER22,
Make sure you guys try out solid concentrates in the AIWB!

You'll need two small screens of course, in order to sandwich the concentrate between, but just crank the dial to maximum and you'll get great results.

charliedontsurf,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
CDS, I couldn't get screens to fit, and became afraid that even if I did they might get stuck.

So I went to plan B and sandwiched some platinum bubba wax between some herb. I even took a pic for the hell of it.
photokzc.jpg

Result = :ko:

Stu,
Reactions: vtac

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
It was tasty indeed. But truth be told, it really gunked up the bowl with runny oil all over the thing. I had to throw it immediately into some ISO. I don't know if I'll be doing that again anytime soon, but it did kick my ass pretty good.

VAPORIZER22

Stu said:
It was tasty indeed. But truth be told, it really gunked up the bowl with runny oil all over the thing. I had to throw it immediately into some ISO. I don't know if I'll be doing that again anytime soon, but it did kick my ass pretty good.

I wonder how some decent grade full melt or bubble would work in place of the wax. That wax probably turns to liquid with some decent heat, maybe some fm or bubble in a sandwich might not get as messy?

VAPORIZER22,
Stu said:

Sorry Stu! I really should of specified cold water. I could see where wax would just turn runny. Good cold water really does work great though and I do recommend it.

As for getting screens to fit, it's hard to find the perfect screen with the right tension and flexibility for just the right job some time. I must have 10 different types of screens and still have trouble getting the right one for the job sometimes. Sometimes a well-used screen is nice and "relaxed" so it'll work for a task like this.

charliedontsurf,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Duly noted, CDS.

I'm starting to get the hang of this thing. I made a miniwhip and a GonG whip with the other two bowls that I got. The miniwhip still makes me cough, to be honest. But the GonG whip has been rocking some hard rips tonight through my inline bong. :brow:

The draw is more restricted than it is with my EQ, and this took a little getting used to. The vapor takes a split second longer to reach the bong, but when it arrives it really fogs up nicely. I've learned that it's best to let a bowl heat up for a minute or so, otherwise the hits are not as full. With so much conduction going on, the bowl gets cached pretty quickly; even if you're not hitting it. So it's good to finish off the bowl in one sitting. I've tried removing the bowl between hits, but shit always seems to fall out, so I don't do that anymore.

Research is FUN! :science:

edit: Wow.... blowing some mind blowing clouds with this thing now... My initial impression that it was not as hard of a hitter as the EQ (elbow pack, of course) was premature.

Stu,
Yeah, the Vapolution is an interesting mistress. There is indeed, IMO, a good deal of conduction going on, on an order far higher than the little bit present in the DBV/EQ. So it is in the user's best interest to kind of hurry through a bowl, not allowing it to sit idle for too long.

I found a 10 second heat up time before the first inhale was enough usually. The Vapo can really milk a tube as you've found out, I've used it with DBV hosing and a EQ elbow bowl as a hook up, and the results have always been impressive, as shown in that video I made.

charliedontsurf,
Top Bottom