Vapolution 2.0 or Herbalaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

little maggie

This is a follow-up to my mildest vape question. These 2 seem to be the mildest based on what I've read. Also the vapman but I have to wait until they have a butane alternative. I'd been yearning for a mighty/crafty and I'm glad I found out they tend to be harsh.
Has anyone tried both of these and if so what do you think?
Ease of use is important to me.

little maggie,

max

Out to lunch
I've owned both and preferred the Vapo for direct draw, although I wouldn't call it 'milder' than the herbalAire. There's a learning curve to it, but you can't beat $99 (get the Purity package) for an all glass vapor path.

I think you're a little off base for the most part on your theory of mild and harsh vapes. Water filtration and/or a longer vapor path does decrease harshness, but a pocket portable (which these two aren't) is designed for portability, not smoothing vapor, so comparing these two to the S&B models, or other pocket vapes, is apples and oranges. Also, just as important for avoiding harshness are things like how you draw, what temp you're using, and how much you load. Even the biggest hitting vapes (or those with short vapor paths) provide mild hits if you load a small amount.

The Stranger

Account Closed
I don't mean to hijack this thread but since it's answered I figured I won't make a new one.

I just got my herbalaire a few weeks ago but now I'm thinking that I should have gone with a log vape. What do you guys think if I sold the herbalaire for an enano?

I think for what I'm after at this point in my life is a vape I can just have on all day to take hits throughout the day and just stay at a certain high. From what I am reading, log vapes fit that to a tee. And although I admire how efficient the herbalaire is when vaporizing buds, I almost find myself not wanting something as efficient because to be able to make edibles after is almost a two for one deal. I have been saving all my abv from the herbalaire anyways, just in case.

I love my herbalaire but I can't afford to just buy another vape right now. I do sometimes vape with people but rarely more than 3 or 4 so refilling the bowl isn't that big of a deal.

Last edited:
The Stranger,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
If abv for making edibles is a top priority, then you have the wrong vape. The HA completely extracts everything I put in it. You could take your loads out before they are fully spent...but this takes discipline!

I've had several log vapes, and the ones that don't have a variable voltage supply (vvps) tend to cook it pretty thoroughly as well. If you want to go with a vvps, then you can turn down the heat and have some abv for later.

As to the HA, what else do you not like about it? How about putting less herb in it and saving some fresh herb for your edibles?

I'm just trying to give you options other than buying another vape, because I think very highly of the HA.

The Stranger

Account Closed
There's really nothing that I don't like about the herbalaire. When I bought it, it was actually specifically because it was so efficient at extracting everything. But as I've been using it, I've come to realize that I would actually like to be able to make edibles.

The way I want to vape is to take a few hits in the morning before work and then use the edibles to sustain the high during the day at work. I could use fresh herb but it just seems like a nice idea to be able to get "two" uses out of the herb. But taking it out earlier is definitely an idea. I mostly burn around 320 degrees and sometimes go to 350. At these temps is it still extracting everything, you do you usually have to go higher?

The other thing is being able to have the e nano on and at the ready to vape. The herbalaire takes no time at all to get to temperature but I can't just let it run and take hits when I want, it will just waste it all. Instead, I have to let it heat up and then turn it off and take my hit. But this way I feel like I'm not getting all out of my weed because it gets heated, cooled, heated, etc.

Last edited:

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
I was/am in the same boat as you. I was torn between the e-nano and the herbalaire as my first vape, and went with the HA. While I have no complaints about it's performance, and am in love with using it, I also really wish I didn't always have to session, and had more of an always on, on demand sort of experience... But for some reason I really crave using this device, and I don't think I would be willing to part with it, despite the sessioning downfall. Probably just going to get both at some point to be honest.

I was also thinking, assuming having material isn't an issue, maybe just get a discrete portable for work, and take little breaks? Not sure what your job situation is.

The Stranger

Account Closed
Yeah that's always an option. My brother has a firefly and really likes it. It sounds like it's pretty sweet too because it heats up so quick and you can just take hits every now and then.

The thing about portables is, I just don't want to risk being caught with it. Unlike a joint or little glass piece that I can easily toss if I'm out and need to. Also, the battery life on some of those portables I could see being a hassle.

The Stranger,
Reactions: FlwrPwr

little maggie

I think some of the butane vapes are as quick as using an always on log. I have a couple of underdogs which I love. I think they are a bit less expensive than the e-nano. I leave the essential oil cup on most of the time and just take it off when I want a hit. I don't know how the e-nano works but I still need to pack or have a stem ready. And as fast as that is, the Lily is just as fast as is the Vapman for those who can use it. The latter is so tiny and stealthy that it would be easy to toss it if you felt unsafe. Smaller than most glass pieces.

little maggie,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I second the Lily suggestion, with Ed's stem, unless you are adverse to using a lighter. The butane powered portables are quick and can hit as strong as a desktop when you know what you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom