vapocane/gnome type diy vape with metal instead of glass?

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
anyone try making a vapocane/gnome type vape with metal instead of glass?

I was thinking Aluminum because it is going to heat up (and cool down) much quicker then glass would...

glass doesn't have a very good thermal conductivity compared to most metals, aluminum kicks its butt.

vaporonly,

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
The Supreme Vape uses a torch-heated aluminum heating element. It kicks ass, too.

:peace:

hi, I should list my vapes, I have the supreme and concur it kicks ass.

I was thinking something shaped like a vapocane where the aluminum part would be have less mass then the supreme and heat up in a matter of seconds vs the app 90 seconds it takes the supreme

glass is amazing for so many things but it's not very heat conductive...

thanks for the post

vaporonly,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations VaporOnly,

...vapocane/gnome type vape with metal instead of glass...

It happens i was about to post this picture in the VaporGenie dedicated thread but i'm thinking maybe it can be more productive here:

2wf719c.jpg

...I have the supreme...

I've been curious about it but there doesn't seem to be much prospect for upgrades since it's about to stop being sold (only 1 left the last time i heard!), unless i'm mistaking of course. In any case, the Supreme is a very convenient example for what i'm about to suggest: take my right set of "aerated shield" & "foamy rock", treat it as a basic unit and imagine piling up duplicates inside some glass wand until it's full... What you'll have it a heat wand, you just need to find a way to heat those tiny metal shields in order to turn them into radiators capable of heating air via pucks nearby, actually.

Well, aluminium turns out to be in used by PhyTherm composite alloys and these particular kitchen metal products have 2 main properties i find most appropriate for vaporizer applications:

1) Energy injection can be done magnetically (no wiring/parts to fail)
2) The alloy's Curie effect implements temperature self-stabilization!

Perhaps you can transpose my pile of metal/ceramic to a layout which matches your expectations better. I view a metal body heated from outside, in contact with metal bits inside, similar to those illustrated above... Definitely something not to be dropped on a toe while being in use!...

But that should work great, IMO. As a matter of fact i already got an idea on how to add inlet moisturization too.

:brow:

...heat up in a matter of seconds...

An IH cooking plate can do that, IMHO. See for yourself, let imagination wander!

:peace:

Egzoset,
Reactions: 215z
Top Bottom