Vapo Oil

Hi guys, sorry , im new here :) this may be the wrong place to ask for suggestions...but...

Just curious how long i should let my 12g (not much i know) of brown vapo poo to sit in my 99% iso.?

no fresh herbs...just poo.

5 mins, 20 mins? , 24 hrs? whats a good timeframe to soak before straining it?

thanks.

DigitalDetoxX,

weedemon

enthusiast
yep you should "water cure" it too if you want to soak it longer. but i'd say 30-60 seconds, and then filter it quickly!

check the sticky in this forum section for more info. :)

if you can BHO is a much better option IMO. then an ethanol wash and you are laughing with very nice product! :) much better than any iso imo.

weedemon,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Well, ive been planning my first ABV extraction and been reading the thread ( http://www.fuckcombustion.com/threads/abv-concentrate-experiment-what-method-is-best.4331/)

Ive been considering which method to use, but im quite impatient, however want the best results. I was planning on doing the water wash for a few days then dry and extract. Which some has said was the best way to do it.

Please do Post your results with a quick soak, id rather get to my oil sooner than later.

YoGranMazPimp,

weedemon

enthusiast
when you do the water cure, you still do the quick soak after bud :) the water sure is only to remove water soluble parts out of the source material.

IMO since creating that thread the best way to treat your abv is to do a butane extraction, and then dissolve in ethanol (to extract the fats and waxes the butane extracted). filter and purge. this will leave you with oil that you will be just amazed with. the time and effort is worth it!

weedemon,
oh damn, 30 sec to 1 min, rlly?!? haha, i let my 12 g's of vapo poo ( very brown in color ) sit last night, for about an hour.... then i filtered it off with a coffee strainer, and squeezed it all out, then put the ABV poo back into the container for a 2nd rinse for today, it's been sitting for about 10 hrs now, so, B rinse should be ok i hope, because A rinse knocked me on my ass. lol.

oh ya, doing this in a small bedroom with a stainless steel mixing bowl and putting a deskfan over it while another fan blows the fumes out the window really helps speed up the overall process, about 2 and a half hrs later, it smoked beautifully.

DigitalDetoxX,

ioright

Cloud Connoisseur
and then dissolve in ethanol (to extract the fats and waxes the butane extracted). filter and purge

When you say ethanol, does Everclear work? If the butane is extracting more than what is necessary, why not start with ethanol?

ioright,

Bouldorado

When you say ethanol, does Everclear work? If the butane is extracting more than what is necessary, why not start with ethanol?

because everclear will also dissolve plant material. butane, then everclear, gives you the purest product.

Bouldorado,

elpaso420

because everclear will also dissolve plant material. butane, then everclear, gives you the purest product.
so the stuff that comes out of the extraction tube instead of it being extracted onto on a clean pyrex (glass dish or whatever ) I extract it on to a pyrex with ethanol? then the purge would be as ive seen different methods: the pyrex in a warm water bath? or just let the fan blow on it

elpaso420,

Bouldorado

do a bho extraction as you normally would, into a clean dry pyrex. purge the butane off, and dissolve the resulting oil into everclear (pour everclear directly into pan). pour this new "tincture" into a smaller container (measuring cup is ideal). optional but recommended; freeze tincture until cold. this increases the amount of plant waxes removed by the filter. next, filter the tincture back into the extraction pan using a coffee filter.

As for purge/evap, the fastest way is a combination of heat and air circulation. Ideal purge setup would have the pan sitting in a temp controlled hot water bath of about 130-150F (prob need a hot plate to keep consistent) and a fan blowing at it.

or if you're lazy, the ethanol will evaporate perfectly fine just from sitting uncovered overnight.

Bouldorado,
Top Bottom