Vapman

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
Very interesting box. I like the embossing... and the Vapman looks tiny next to that huge bud!

Thanks for posting!

Always enjoy sharing a photo with nice people here, and you gave me a solid excuse to post a gratuitous vaping still life photo with only a tiny bit of true relevance to the thread. And seeing as I am still on my Vapman honeymoon, I must thank you for giving me this opportunity to roll around in the mud here.

That is a nice looking bud...i think we should come over and help you with it!

If only I could invite each and every one of you over to help me turn buds like that info perfectly toasted light brown powder, what a fun day we would have!

And considering that my Vapman and I are celebrating our one week anniversary today, we might need to break out the concentrate screens and root around in the hash library. :haw:

I do promise to soon calm down a bit around here, but I've just been so excited this week to finally have a portable I enjoy that is easy to get big hits from, because I do ingest an awful lot of cannabis when I'm having a rough time medically. That I have a positive attitude about my life has a lot to do with my ability to manage difficultnmedical conditions, and devices that work exceedingly well truly enhance my quality of life.

Last edited:

vapman

Manufacturer
Tmu9dgL.jpg

page1image256

@simpleasthcis I hope this works, I just want to show you the very first drawing I made on February 27th 2005. Is this back to the future or did the past catche up with the presence? I like it, this picture could be out of the Universal Studios where George Lucas was doing the Star Wars movies.:tup:

vapman

Last edited:

Don Quixote

@bounce5, OF is right, especially in that you have to find your own ritual. It will be slightly different to each person, even if using the same lighter.

I have noticed three major factors: Grind, Humidity and Flame Size.

Grind (the finer the better, but not powdery fine):

I have noticed that the grind has a huge impact in the whole process and results -- which was not obvious to me at the begining. I settled for the screen grinding method and I can get a consistent grind with this since the screen will always let the same size particles through. (See video at the end of this post).

Herb Humidity:

Another factor is wetness/stickyness of the material you are vaporizing. This can affect the heating, of course, and dryer material needs less heat vs stickier material needing more.

Flame Length:

But the most impactiing variable is the Length of your flame. Once I made mine just about 1/8 on an inch longer and started combusting like a Mo Fo... So I dialed it back down and was fine again.

Don't mess with the flame length too often. Pick a size, keep it, and play with your Heating Times. If you start messing with the flame length, you'll never get your routine down.

Another thing I recommend is to count like this: "One Mississippi, Two Mississippi, Three Mississippi... etc.

This will keep your counts standard while you get your ritual sorted out...

I will advise (opposite from OF) to be a bit shy with the heat for the first few sessions. It's better to have to keep heating again and again than to combust. Use shorter heating bursts more often, and draw and heat quickly (don't wait between draws and heating while yo're still learning), so the bowl doesn't cool down too much between hits.

Also, remember that you will need less heating time as the session progresses since the bowl retains heat.

Oh, and Don't over-fill the bowl. Leave some space for air to flow through the herb.

I think that's about all the advice I can give you.

@ChippyMalone Tha's a cool case. I'd like to see it closed as well.

Who did yo buy the screens from?

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/user/thevapfan

Very helpful post & videos, Mojo, thank you. Dumb question perhaps, but what kind of strainer is that on the youtube?

Question to you or others: would you characterize your ideal texture for flowers in the vapman to be closer to a "shred" (as with the Santa Cruz Shredder) or a "grind"?

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
Very helpful post & videos, Mojo, thank you. Dumb question perhaps, but what kind of strainer is that on the youtube?

Question to you or others: would you characterize your ideal texture for flowers in the vapman to be closer to a "shred" (as with the Santa Cruz Shredder) or a "grind"?
Thanks for your kind words @Don Quixote.

That's a small Stainless Steel Strainer from Bed Bath & Beyond. It's comes two in a set, one a bit bigger than the other. Use the smaller one and any shot glass.

Works better with dryer herb. Stickier may take a bit longer to grind.

natural farmer

Thanks for your kind words @Don Quixote.

That's a small Stainless Steel Strainer from Bed Bath & Beyond. It's comes two in a set, one a bit bigger than the other. Use the smaller one and any shot glass.

Works better with dryer herb. Stickier may take a bit longer to grind.

I'd love to test this strainer method bro but I think the herbs need to be ultra dry to pass through the holes. I never vape herbs that dry myself. I doubt anything near the moisture level I prefer could pass through there. If it's not crumbling between the fingers it shouldn't pass through I think... :)

Now where is that tracking number for my special Vapman? :p I really can't wait for it. Very exciting!

hoyo77

Always enjoy sharing a photo with nice people here, and you gave me a solid excuse to post a gratuitous vaping still life photo with only a tiny bit of true relevance to the thread. And seeing as I am still on my Vapman honeymoon, I must thank you for giving me this opportunity to roll around in the mud here.

If only I could invite each and every one of you over to help me turn buds like that info perfectly toasted light brown powder, what a fun day we would have!

And considering that my Vapman and I are celebrating our one week anniversary today, we might need to break out the concentrate screens and root around in the hash library. :haw:

I do promise to soon calm down a bit around here, but I've just been so excited this week to finally have a portable I enjoy that is easy to get big hits from, because I do ingest an awful lot of cannabis when I'm having a rough time medically. That I have a positive attitude about my life has a lot to do with my ability to manage difficultnmedical conditions, and devices that work exceedingly well truly enhance my quality of life.
oh my!!

hoyo77,
Reactions: vapman

mixchu69

I have only been using my SCS these days and have had perfect Abv everytime. I haven't tried my space case or those who use a finer grind. I'm out of flowers and can't experiment. How does the Abv look for those who use a finer grind?

simpleasthcis

... As a box of ....
@simpleasthcis that's pretty damn cool!

So thought I'd share a couple of pics, I don't often but the VM deserves to be treated well...

My PGONG it's an MFLB stem, with a little silicon from my nano, inside a PNP PONG. Insta-VM-PGONG!

photo_2.jpg

and on top of some cheap glass

photo_3.jpg

and finally enjoying the lovely outdoors (south west coast of UK, the doombar, Cornwall)

photo_1.jpg
Cheers dave Gota love Cornwall its the home of strawberry diesel, good fishing too I've heard .

@vapman I can't see your drawing .? Yes it dose work but I don't use it I prefer to roll the vapman in my fingers. It's a cage from a champagne cork I first made another last year more as a gauge for use in daylight when you can't see the flame ,any xcuse to open a bottle happy paddies day FC
Wevapeople

Last edited:

M0J0

@natural farmer, It will work with stikier stuff, but it's just a bit harder to push through the strainer. It's not a very fine weave, so it'll let things through pretty easily.

You can use a small oval stone (like a river stone, but slim and long) as a pestle to push the stuff through without hurting your fingers.

You should have that tracking # already. ;)

Hey @NorVape, Rene was saying that he had never sold a Vapman in Norway until you bought the first one.

How did you hear about it? On this forum?

bounce5

I'm pretty new to vaporizing, sorry if this question is silly. Does it really make a difference to use a grinder vs just breaking up the herb with your fingers (no grinder)? I just broke it apart with my fingers, and it worked well. It looked well extracted at the end. Does it extract better if I use a grinder?

NorVape

Vape Rictim
@M0J0 Yeah, he told me. Feel good to be a local epicenter haha :D

And yes, I was browsing the forums to find a back up vape, because I owned a PnP, and even though it always worked great it seemed a bit finnicky. At this point combusting was no longer an option, and I started to think beyond electricity. What if the power went? And also, being in nature is common in my culture, so a battery felt as a burden.

Two friends and I ordered each out vapman, loved it, hash screens came out, boom - it's the thing now.

It's weird, a jet flame operated vape seems easier to most than an electrical one, and of course more fun.

Mr Mellish

And yes, I was browsing the forums to find a back up vape, because I owned a PnP, and even though it always worked great it seemed a bit finnicky. At this point combusting was no longer an option, and I started to think beyond electricity. What if the power went? And also, being in nature is common in my culture, so a battery felt as a burden.

Two friends and I ordered each out vapman, loved it, hash screens came out, boom - it's the thing now.

It's weird, a jet flame operated vape seems easier to most than an electrical one, and of course more fun.

When I wake up in the middle of the night and additional assistance seems warranted, the VM is the obvious solution. No one is around to hear the torch or smell the butane and I can kill a load before my Crafty is in the mood.

M0J0

That's so cool. And now you are the Vapman Ambassador of Norway! :D :tup::rockon:

OF

I'm pretty new to vaporizing, sorry if this question is silly. Does it really make a difference to use a grinder vs just breaking up the herb with your fingers (no grinder)? I just broke it apart with my fingers, and it worked well. It looked well extracted at the end. Does it extract better if I use a grinder?

Naw, not a silly question. Ataxian answers those......

The general answer is 'it depends'. Some vapes don't care (like say Solo, which 'eats' whole budlets) others are very picky (like MFLB say). Vapman is nearer to the picky end I think, but still does OK otherwise.

I like a fairly fine grind in mine. And uniform. I sometimes use a coffee grinder to process a gram or two at a time. In Vapman the chamber tends to bake the load so grinding isn't all that important in terms of transfer by direct contact, but improving that never hurts. I think the big advantage is the uniform fill of the available shape of the oven but uniform fill also favors getting the liberated vapor out and up the spout. That is lots of channels.

I think the extra effort is worth the results. Try it, I bet you become a convert.

Regards,

OF

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I've been debating a kayak fishing vape, but I can't think of the perfect one.

Then I remember my vapman.

I can have multiple torches ready to rock, I can shelter the flame from wind, the eggs keep it safe, and it'll be easy to load. I can't wait..

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
@OF Well said.

One thing to add is the moisture content is a factor too. Very dry herb will break to dust in your fingers and extract more quickly than herb that still holds more moisture. Typically, the moister herb is better broke up in a grinder, and will provide superior taste over dry herb that breaks to dust, bit the more moisture the longer the herb will take to extract.

I've been debating a kayak fishing vape, but I can't think of the perfect one.

Then I remember my vapman.

I can have multiple torches ready to rock, I can shelter the flame from wind, the eggs keep it safe, and it'll be easy to load. I can't wait..

Hmmm. Has anyone checked if the eggs floats?

Last edited by a moderator:

M0J0

@OF Well said.

One thing to add is the moisture content is a factor too. Very dry herb will break to dust in your fingers and extract more quickly than herb that still holds more moisture. Typically, the moister herb is better broke up in a grinder, and will provide superior taste over dry herb that breaks to dust, bit the more moisture the longer the herb will take to extract.

Hmmm. Has anyone checked if the eggs floats?
Oh, it floats, and it's water proof - at least at bathroom sink depth.

I tested it, scientifically... Cause I'm good like that.

Test it yourself, but with tissue paper inside, not with the Vapman.

M0J0

Vapmans ready to Engrave...

These will ship tomorrow to get their tattoos! I will post some pics after they're done.

It's a lot of work but it's really rewarding to see the transformation. The inside of the wooden bowl wnds up really smooth and black.

I really like the two-tone finish on these and I'm starting to like the Walnnut better than the Pear.

What do you think?

ri9p42.jpg

281f0j.jpg

2drwd5i.jpg

rat949

Manufacturer
Vapmans ready to Engrave...

These will ship tomorrow to get their tattoos! I will post some pics after they're done.

It's a lot of work but it's really rewarding to see the transformation. The inside of the wooden bowl wnds up really smooth and black.

I really like the two-tone finish on these and I'm starting to like the Walnnut better than the Pear.

What do you think?

ri9p42.jpg

281f0j.jpg

2drwd5i.jpg
Where will these be available to purchase?

Top Bottom