Vapman

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm still wondering if i buy VAPMAN Mica or MFLB, never vaporized before.
Between those two, I would recommend the MFLB for a first time vaporist. However there are easier portables that might work better for someone new to vapor. The aforementioned Solo and DaVinci being two of those.

:peace:

Stu,

Andrey B. Ramos

I'm trying to spend less than $200, and both are $130-$140 with shipment and acessories.

But isn't MFLB more herb eater than Vapman? Look lie vapman has better vapor too, sae too many ppl coughing of saying that MFLB got a hot hot vapor.

Andrey B. Ramos,

OF

At the risk of drawing all sorts of 'friendly' fire, I don't think MFLB (or any fixed temperature vape as I think the box is for practical purposes is) is a good choice for a first vape. New guys need to learn about different extraction temperatures and techniques and the earlier the better. Vapman is a good choice if you can live with the fire part (IMO it's not all that hard to lean). It's quite frugal, versatile and kind of fun to use.

Likewise Vapor Genie has the same sorts of advantages. Variable units, like HA, DV, Solo and so on also have this variable temperature feature. MFLB and Iolite (two of my favorite vapes over all) I can't recommend as first vapes for the temperature restriction reason.

OF

OF,

Vapodudule

by the budget under 200 offers you plenty of excellent products.

I would say that the learning you get from vapman is the same than the vaponic (40€), so why spend more?

200$ is already DV2 (139$ on piu) , solo (160$ on several sites), iolite wipsr2 and etc...

Vapodudule,

Tweek

I enjoy both my MFLB & Vapman, and I personally don't think there is much a difference, outside of the fact that one uses batteries vs the others lighter.

For more temp control, the Solo is a good choice in the sub-$200 range. FlashVape, which is pulse controlled is also an excellent option. Just have to keep in mind that the Solo & FV are not easily pocketable.

Tweek,
One thing to keep in mind is that the Vapman takes 100% of your attention to operate safely, while the MFLB, Solo, or others take far less. You won't be taking vapman hits while you bicycle along a sunny path. All the same, the Vapman is a low tech workhorse that won't likely ever fail you, and it does have a certain charm. The basic model is a great value, but I would in fact take a MFLB with good batteries before it, and a Solo before that. Vaporizers are complimentary and each one is unique. The Vapman offers a flame powered portable with a butane-free airpath in a lovely, portable handmade package, and for that, it is excellent. I do wish the bowl were 2 - 4 times the size.

As the topic has drifted into comparison country, I'll note that I have little problem carrying the Solo around with me personally. In addition, its lack of learning curve makes it easy to share, while the MFLB, FV and Vapman are potential pains in that respect. You won't be sharing either of those vaporizers with fellow concert goers during a loud show.

charliedontsurf,

Maczilla

Here's the Vapman with a glass MFLB stem, and the MFLB with the vapman mouthpiece. Excuse the aborted attempt at cropping the image. As you can see I've plugged the three air holes with toothpicks and am enjoying the difference it makes.

tS9lq.jpg

Any of the handmade MFLB stems made by Ed and others should work in your Vapman; shorter ones will allow it to continue fitting in the egg carrying case.l

Thanks for this BTW I ordered a MFLB glass stem for my vapman! Hopefully it cools it off some more, which I need badly as it gets hot in the exchange given the tip is so close to the heater.

MTBerVAPEer

ibikeivape
IMO, yes.

OF
thank you for the reply OF.
I am about to purchase one itll be my second vape next to the solo.

1.few more questions do you think this could be used as a primary vape?

2. on a review from Torontovape on the vapman video or blog says the standard mica version partially does convection is this true?

3. can you heat the mica not directly but like to get the vapor tubes heated?

MTBerVAPEer,

Tweek

It can be used as your primary if you are a light user. If you are like me, where you need heavy medication daily, then it won't really hold up to other higher powered units. I still use mine though, especially hooked up to glass where I can really milk it.

The tubes will get heated naturally, from heating the bowl. Not sure about the convection claim.

OF

The tubes will get heated naturally, from heating the bowl. Not sure about the convection claim.

I am, it's bogus. It works because there's a large (huge relative to the load) copper block you heat up that transfers the heat (conduction).

It holds a very small amount. It does an excellent job on complete extraction and all, but there's just not much to work with. It's intended for more casual users. The lighter technique forces you into a slow pace.....not a good vape for cloud chasers.

While the mica version is nice, you can get the unfinished version (which still does a great job) for half the bucks from the factory (like I did). Shipping is modest, it got here fast in a fun little Swiss cardboard box. They also sell some really fun exotic wood stems for attractive prices.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Tweek

MTBerVAPEer

ibikeivape
i have never heard a bad thing about the vapman even OF's post above very honest statements about not for "cloud chasers" or "for more casual users" don't discourage me from owning one. however i do want the mica version. the vape is just so damn unique and should never fail the i guess cons of it to me would be

conduction - not a big deal
price for something the size of the screw off cap on my solo
the bowl size or heating chamber as i have aromatherapy sessions everyday

over all though i gotta add one to my collection my solo was cool camping but limited to use. i can use the vapman like now while my arizer solo is charing..

one more thing to discuss for me at least. jet flame are okay to inhale since its blue flame the exhaust is safe right? not saying directly. just incase some exhaust goes through a exhaust tube. For one it doesn't leave black residue from the tip of the flame unlike a bic lighter would with its yellow tip like on your hand for example.

Tweek

I've never had any taste of butane. You are directing the flame onto the tip of the cone, so you should be inhaling very little, if any exhaust at all.

Always stick to a torch. The Vapman is not designed for soft flames like a bic.

And OF is the man. An ancient treasure chest filled with knowledge :D

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety
I've never had any taste of butane. You are directing the flame onto the tip of the cone, so you should be inhaling very little, if any exhaust at all.

And OF is the man. An ancient treasure chest filled with knowledge :D

Would you mind trying to weigh out a full bowl. Interested to know how much flower can fit in there. (.3 - .5 and Im sold) Looks interesting and I've been longing for a portable w/o batteries. The VG looks pretty obvious on first glance and this device stored seems pretty sleek.

S1N3,

MTBerVAPEer

ibikeivape
Would you mind trying to weigh out a full bowl. Interested to know how much flower can fit in there. (.3 - .5 and Im sold) Looks interesting and I've been longing for a portable w/o batteries. The VG looks pretty obvious on first glance and this device stored seems pretty sleek.
I don't own one yet but another forum did this test I think their info is on vaporpedia or Wikipedia but the vapman according to their chart holds about .69. my arizer solo I can fill a tube up using 0.0 on my scale

MTBerVAPEer,

OF

one more thing to discuss for me at least. jet flame are okay to inhale since its blue flame the exhaust is safe right? .

First off, Tweek missed the big point, you heat the copper then shut off the lighter, and move the unit to your face to take the hit. No butane fumes anywhere at the time, let alone near the inlet holes. 'Zero' exposure.

He's spot on about lighters, though, you need lots of hot and careful control. I recommend you order several of these guys:
http://dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butane-lighter-1320

Three bucks each shipped (they get to you fast as well) and they work great. I must have 5 or6 spread around here, I have yet to have any trouble with any of them. I even do light soldering with them.

I don't own one yet but another forum did this test I think their info is on vaporpedia or Wikipedia but the vapman according to their chart holds about .69. my arizer solo I can fill a tube up using 0.0 on my scale

Someone's tugging on your lariat there cowboy! 3 bowls of what I'm using right now averaged .085 grams. About 2/3 of a MFLB trench. Look at the videos of it in use. Do you seriously think you can jam half a gram in there? It's made in a part of the world where a pinch of bud is a lot. The bowl is about 5/8 inch in diameter (less than a dime) and is a cone about .165 deep with a fat post in the center taking up some of the small space there is. A little over half a MFLB trench (.125 grams as I load the box), no way it's five times bigger.

Sorry. But I really like it that way. It's not a top choice machine for cloud chasers.....still. IMO won't ever be.

OF

Last edited by a moderator:

Tweek

Thanks for clarifying OF. I've been using mine with glass alot lately, so I tend to draw with the flame still on the bowl. You are correct about the normal operating procedure involves removing the flame. I forgot to mention that :doh:

Tweek,
Reactions: OF

OF

Thanks for clarifying OF. I've been using mine with glass alot lately, so I tend to draw with the flame still on the bowl. You are correct about the normal operating procedure involves removing the flame. I forgot to mention that :doh:

I can see that, but when doing it normally you'd not want to be pointing the fire at your nose from 5 inches out unless you'd had entirely too much to drink first?

We make a good team, don't we? You lie, and I'll swear to it?

OF

OF,

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety
Someone's tugging on your lariat there cowboy! 3 bowls of what I'm using right now averaged .085 grams. About 2/3 of a MFLB trench. Look at the videos of it in use. Do you seriously think you can jam half a gram in there? It's made in a part of the world where a pinch of bud is a lot. The bowl is about 5/8 inch in diameter (less than a dime) and is a cone about .165 deep with a fat post in the center taking up some of the small space there is. A little over half a MFLB trench (.125 grams as I load the box), no way it's five times bigger.

Sorry. But I really like it that way. It's not a top choice machine for cloud chasers.....still. IMO won't ever be.

OF

Great insight on the size. It takes me about an hour to finish .3 on my home unit so I am looking for something I can use on a hike or on the sofa. With a high tolerance, in your opinion would smoking 2-3 bowls be worth the time/effort to use this device or holding out for an ascent?

Also in terms of the vapor, silly question but probably obvious: Does the device heat up to allow for a stream of vapor for a very short amount of time (seconds). Or is the extent of all vapor produced from the moment the jet flame is closed?

Last question in terms of inhalation: Is it more of a short puff Or a long and slow drag? (Im familiar with the video and their directions to "prep" the device for vapor using the torch. And not applying the flame while inhaling).

S1N3,

OF

I find it more useful for 'topping up' (taking a few hits to maintain rather than a bunch to get there) since it usually takes me more than a bowl from a cold start. For sitting in the garden (one of my favorite things) it's great IMO. I've tuned the lighter flame so it takes me a 'three count' to heat the copper up enough for a hit, which I usually sip at it over say 8 or 10 seconds. Then if I want another hit I rotate my wrist 180 degrees (usually left handed so I can keep the fire in my right), hit it for another 3 count stem facing away for another 3 count (probably closer to 2 seconds) before rolling it back to stem in for the hit. Very natural and enjoyable.

Tweek sounds like your guy in heat while hitting?

It's a fun little device. Pear wood of all things. I think it has the 'steampunk' thing all over, it's neat to look at alone IMO. Like a tiny Lunar Lander in some respects. Lots of little screws, precision parts and so on. Just what you'd expect from a country of snowbound watch makers.

OF

OF,

MTBerVAPEer

ibikeivape
no max....this is not a myth....do you know bic lighters?in my short butane experience sometimes flame fails and i can appreciate a awful butane taste that make me sick....i'm agnostic...i do believe only to my senses!

no hate to butane vapes just too low-grade for me....too crack head....just my :2c:
First of all its a torch lighter the tip will not leave soot like a bic would plus this is heat and inhale

MTBerVAPEer,
Reactions: OF

Seren

Away with the fairies
OK, so I received my Vapman Pure last Friday ..... and as others have said on here it truly is very compact. Perfect for festies - which is why I brought it really. I was admittedly a little sceptical about how well this little fella would perform. How wrong was I! I've enjoyed using if from the first bowl full. I haven't combusted anything yet and it vapes very evenly. I love it!

:love: :leaf: :peace:

MTBerVAPEer

ibikeivape
The vapman is wonderful better than the flashvape seeing as my friend bought one and i got the vapman both from the toronto vaporoizer website mine is much better and actually works.
i got the free 40$ zeus torch and it already stopped working.
i only have used it for 3 days now and i use it more than my arizer solo.
theres somthing about the whole making and doing about it. i have some pictures as well as a short review video

20r8xe9.jpg
sm4weh.jpg
2h2ilxj.jpg

OF

i got the free 40$ zeus torch and it already stopped working.
i only have used it for 3 days now and i use it more than my arizer solo.
theres somthing about the whole making and doing about it.

Bummer. Order yourself a few of these guys, great lighters, good price, fast shipping. I'm not sure which was made to go with the other, but IMO they and Vapman belong together:
http://dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butane-lighter-1320

(when they're back in stock, of course.....).

Regards,

OF

Top Bottom