Vapman

hoyo77

My personal preference for pairing with the pear VM is my ebony stem. It really adds to the look of it. My favourite for my walnut VM however is the brown plum. But it is just a matter of personal taste - they all look great!

The VM is a fantastic little vaporiser. I can honestly say, with hand on heart, that I never intend to be without one. It is very compact - it's probably even smaller than you imagine too. It can also be incredibly discreet, in the right environment. The craftsmanship is also out of this world - they're so well made, if you look after them well they'll keep you medicated for a long, long time to come. I now use one VM for herbs and another for hash. I'm quietly hoping oils becomes increasingly more popular over here, just to give me the excuse to buy a third for my collection! ;)

The VM was the second vaporiser I purchased, after the Solo. In comparison, the VM definitely has more of a learning curve to it - but I still got decent enough vapour the very first day of use. It did take a little while to perfect my technique though, and for the process to become second nature. But for me that wasn't a negative - it was an enjoyable process. I love the ritual involved in using the VM, I love the materials it's made from, and I love how medicated it gets me off so little. It's a tactile, organic, beautiful piece of functional art. I love to just look at it and stroke it....... once you get yours I'm sure you'll be doing the same! :nod: :D

Vapman for world domination!! All hail the small but mighty Vapman!! :D
Hey lil sis where you been hiding or have you been dipping in the scotch bottle again??

Seren

Away with the fairies
Hey lil sis where you been hiding or have you been dipping in the scotch bottle again??
Hey bro! Well, I have to admit, I do enjoy a dram of scotch most evenings - but no need to worry, I haven't been going overboard! :) It's been a busy few weeks work wise - deadline after deadline - my last for a while was today - so, I'm trying to catch up on all the goings on here! @M0J0's Vapmen are just so beautiful aren't they!? Are you thinking of getting some engraving done on yours too?

hoyo77

Hey bro! Well, I have to admit, I do enjoy a dram of scotch most evenings - but no need to worry, I haven't been going overboard! :) It's been a busy few weeks work wise - deadline after deadline - my last for a while was today - so, I'm trying to catch up on all the goings on here! @M0J0's Vapmen are just so beautiful aren't they!? Are you thinking of getting some engraving done on yours?

BTW, I hope you've been keeping out of trouble too!?
I have actually been communicating with Ed over at EdsTnt pipes..he has made me a custom MFLB flight box stem out of some wood i bought a while back. He has also cut me a few pieces to send to vapman to have a custom vapman made as well. I am thinking about getting some engraving done, may even engrave my custom one as well. I am thinking about sending @Mojo one to char as well. These concentrate screens have made me love my vapman even more. Thinking hard about starting an exotic vapman collection!!

Last edited:

Seren

Away with the fairies
I am actually been communicating with Ed over at EdsTnt pipes..he has made me a custom MFLB flight box stem out of some wood i bought a while back. He has also cut me a few pieces to send to vapman to have a custom vapman made as well. I am thinking about getting some engraving done, may even engrave my custom one as well. I am thinking about sending @Mojo one to char as well. These concentrate screens have made me love my vapman even more. Thinking hard about starting an exotic vapman collection!!

Ed's work is amazing - he's so talented! I love the stems he has made for my Nano - the turquoise inlay on the one is breathtakingly beautiful. You must be so excited about getting a custom VM made! Which wood have you gone with? Did you source it from @Snappo ? His collections are out of this world! He's the man if you have your heart set on a custom exotic collection :nod:

I'm totally with you on the concentrates screens front. I LOVE being able to use hash without sandwiching it. I actually have a black in mine at the moment - it tastes delicious! The screens definitely take the VM up another level....... so versatile!

hoyo77

Ed's work is amazing - he's so talented! I love the stems he has made for my Nano - the turquoise inlay on the one is breathtakingly beautiful. You must be so excited about getting a custom VM made! Which wood have you gone with? Did you source it from @Snappo ? His collections are out of this world! He's the man if you have your heart set on a custom exotic collection :nod:

I'm totally with you on the concentrates screens front. I LOVE being able to use hash without sandwiching it. I actually have a black in mine at the moment - it tastes delicious! The screens definitely take the VM up another level....... so versatile!
Actually won the wood on Ebay. I sent some to Andy at Toasty-Top to have a couple logs and some stems made..ed got some and he is making me 2 MFLB stems, A stem for my hammer...then sending some to vapman.

http://postimg.org/image/bjo8r9bw5/ kinda think engraving would look hot on this wood!!!

bounce5

@Seren Do you have the pear and walnut mica or the basic vapmans? Any thoughts on pear vs walnut or other wood, or mica vs basic? Thanks for your review. The combination of it being artful, useful, and organic is pretty awesome. Small yet powerful, demanding technique yet generous...it's pretty cool. It looks like a solid product - the fact that it's made by a trained watchmaker is intriguing. Thanks FC contributors for turning me on to the VM and helping me already start planning on what I'll get later. I'm interested in the VG and the Lotus too, but I'll wait for them to release their updated cap. I would also like to get an Arizer Solo or Air, and an E-nano in the future. For now, this one seems like a good fit.

davesmith

Glass Blower
@bounce5 Good choices of vapes you listed above. You've clearly done your research. I'm not much help on the wood choices, I'm sure whatever you get you'll be happy.

As for functionality "All vapmen are created equal" more or less :) They'll all work it's just the kind people at vapman have decided to truly cater for all pockets. And by that I mean even the cheapest model will perform as well as the best. However for those of us lucky enough to be able to invest in a piece of functional art that is a little more flamboyant then theres those special units like the classic yew are just the ticket.

Being based in the UK I know how @Seren feels about not having a ready supply of good quality oil. But we've got to look on the bright side and enjoy the import hashes (which can be incredible .... or incredibly awful haha) and treat ourselves on occasion to making a mini BHO or QWISO run, for special occasions etc

Seren

Away with the fairies

Both of mine are basics. For me, it wasn't about the cost, I just really dig their simplicity. As @davesmith points out - the mica and basic are designed to function equally well. Members who own both seem to have varied preferences - some prefer the mica - others the basic. The mica does avoid the charring process, and so arguably keeps your VM looking pristine for longer. Some people also feel it has a slight edge in terms of consistency in heating - but I haven't really found inconsistency to be a problem with the basic. :shrug: :2c:

I love both my pear and walnut equally. The pear VM was my first purchase - its colour and patina have grown more beautiful with time, for sure. The walnut does have more complexity to it's grain though - which is why I decided to opt for that as my second unit. You really cant go wrong with either - or any of the other woods available IMO. I did ask @vapman about a yew basic - and he hasn't ruled it out for the future. He's also looking into making a few really special ebony VM - I just know they are going to look amazing!

Anyway.... happy choosing! I'm sure you'll fall in love with whichever you decide on :)

Last edited:

NorVape

Vape Rictim
Last night I smeared black Pakistani hash in a thin layer on the screen, and then I put small pieces of light Kashmir pollem hash and a semi dark Moroccan in the dark hash goo (like gemstones in gold haha)... Oh my WORD, what a flavour!

Thank you so much @vapman for creating a vape that allows me to enjoy experiences like this!

All this hydro and oil and all is nice, but hash has been with me since middle school when we've only heard about weed on rap records, and the fact that it was so hard to vaporize saddened me.

And then you gave us a little screen... And now all kinds of canna can be enjoyed with this tiny little wooden thing...

axakal

is a thin layer the way to go? i use small crumbles and i never know, when it's done without opening and looking at it. how do you decide, it's over? do you use one screen or two?

Last night I smeared black Pakistani hash in a thin layer on the screen, and then I put small pieces of light Kashmir pollem hash and a semi dark Moroccan in the dark hash goo (like gemstones in gold haha)... Oh my WORD, what a flavour!

NorVape

Vape Rictim
I use one screen, and it never drips through.

When it's a powdery dust it is all gone, but I often stop before that. Often I stop when I don't really enjoy the taste anymore. I make abv capsules anywayz so... Nothing gets thrown away.

Not all hahses can be smeared. It all gets cooked in the end, because the Vapman chamber works like a oven, but the trick is to have rather even sized pieces, so they get cooked in the same tempo. This helps retain good flavour for a lot longer. It is in no way a must to do this, you'll get the effects none the less, but it makes the experience nicer.

I AM concidering using a screen on top of the hash though, because if you open your middle section after some extencive hash vaping, you'll be shocked to see how much hash has gotten into the middle piece.

mixchu69

I like purchasing straight from manufacturer, but what happens if you need warranty and repair? Shipping to Switzerland must cost a lot. If you purchase from trusted website in the us, you can ship domestically. I purchased my minivap straight from manufacturer, and am babying this thing so I don't have to ship to Spain if any problems arise.

Any thoughts experienced FC members?

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I like purchasing straight from manufacturer, but what happens if you need warranty and repair? Shipping to Switzerland must cost a lot. If you purchase from trusted website in the us, you can ship domestically. I purchased my minivap straight from manufacturer, and am babying this thing so I don't have to ship to Spain if any problems arise.

Any thoughts experienced FC members?
These things are pretty basic, nothing really to go wrong with them unless you beat them up. They are tools, not bouncy balls or stress balls. I ordered a walnut from vapman and it took like a week to ship to my home. Otherwise puffitup will be quicker. Vapor nation usually takes a couple extra days.

mixchu69

I agree and doubt I will need Repairs (but one never knows) I envision myself using this as a small inconspicuous nail/rig. My non-mmj friends who see me takes hits when I use my torch with the Quartz banger think I'm a crackhead. The vapman looks more like art, like a modified wooden pipe. I'm planning to use it primarily for concentrates, but if it does a good job with flowers, that's a huge bonus.

axakal

should you order from Rene, you can still order a screwdriver and some spare screens, if you are that worried about maintenance. should something break, you can order most of the parts separately. an applause for modularity seems to be in order here. but this thing is build like a tank. if i remember correct, @KidFated. lost his in muddy waters while canoeing and i believe it still worked, when he found it a couple of months later. someone here got a sweet replacement deal from Rene for his broken unit and he seems to provide assistance in repairing in the rare case of damage. so you can't go wrong. and it's great with flowers. :)

I agree and doubt I will need Repairs (but one never knows) I envision myself using this as a small inconspicuous nail/rig. My non-mmj friends who see me takes hits when I use my torch with the Quartz banger think I'm a crackhead. The vapman looks more like art, like a modified wooden pipe. I'm planning to use it primarily for concentrates, but if it does a good job with flowers, that's a huge bonus.

Last edited:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Actually it was lost in the woods surrounding a local lake, found it a week later after lots of rain and I let it sit in the sun and it works great still! Had an extra earthy flavor for a few sessions but that went away! I dunno how I found it against all the other wood/leaves on the ground. It was meant to be :luv:

axakal

you know, how legends are born, right. ;)

Actually it was lost in the woods surrounding a local lake, found it a week later after lots of rain and I let it sit in the sun and it works great still! Had an extra earthy flavor for a few sessions but that went away! I dunno how I found it against all the other wood/leaves on the ground. It was meant to be :luv:

hoyo77

I'll go with piu. I hear randy is a treat to work with. Thanks for the advice kidfated
I will get in contact with Renee for my new vapman. Thanks guys!!!
Hey man the vapman was the first unit i ever dabbed with, i recently bought the drdabber pen and the vapman blows it away. there is little to no waste in the vapman when you use concentrates and u also get more hits. i use 3 screens in my vapman. you will have to play with your amounts to find your sweet spot. The vapman is also easier to clean than pen style vapes. The only other vape i dab with is my hammer. If I ever get my nerve up i may post a vid of me doing some dabs on my vapman. Will have to wait until i get my custom MFLB stem from Ed though.

Top Bottom