1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Vapman

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by spyder, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Phenix

Phenix Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

That’s a Vapman lighter with a selfmade wood adapter.. handy. Who else wants one now? Slanted side for coolness and better grip

Here’s my new stash box. It’s primary for usage at home so I should have gotten a bigger case ;m mine us 18x10cm
    [​IMG]

Used2use, Seren, vapman and 5 others like this.
  2. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Love it! Now you don't need to peek to aim....

The next model should include a tube around the outside making a silencer to combat the noise.

If they gave out Academy Awards for Vapes, I think you'd be in the running.

Thanks.

OF

vapman, Gourmet, vapelander and 3 others like this.
  3. Phenix

Phenix Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words.. reason for this „invention“ is my vision in the dark is fucked up badly and beside it’s easyness it makes me not worry about burning myself again.

From a technical point of view that tube would not make sense, would it?
    The wood on wood seals pretty well depending on pressure.
    If one puts the lighter inside a encasing to mjffle the sound that’s gonna be dangerous.

Fun fact, around 1/3 if the hole is filed by hand: I wanted to get the hole really snug fitting.

vapman, OF and Philreal187 like this.
  4. OF

OF Well-Known Member

No, it's a lame attempt at humor. It could no doubt be done with the right materials and could probably get a fair bit of sound reduction, but it would not be 'dead quiet' for sure. After all, firearm 'silencers' and auto and lawn mower mufflers have to deal with very high temperatures and do so just fine. For 'dead quiet' I think, we're back to something electric like the station?

OF

vapman likes this.
  5. Phenix

Phenix Well-Known Member

Candles work silent but aren’t Thant powerful prepare for waits.
    Why aren’t there any torches ignited with a standaf flint wheel?

vapman and OF like this.
  6. VAPEHUNTER

VAPEHUNTER Well-Known Member

7. AJS

AJS Calm Consistency

Don't worry OF, I thought it was funny. Your humor is kinda like my friend's...if you don't know him, he just seems awkward haha

Been on a week long tolerance break in the Bahamas which means the Vapman comes out to play as the first sesh. Running low on herb so the keif also comes out to play. Year or so ago my friends and I poked a hole in a 14mm screen and that slips around the center post of the Vapman bowl and makes for a perfect keif screen. Such a great way to vape!

Happy holidaze

8. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Poor fellow. But he's got at least one friend to share it with. Not everyone does. Humor only works if it's shared I think.

Best regards for your 'get acquainted again' event. Nice to have a plan. VM does not disappoint.

OF

9. passenger

passenger fuck combustion

Could someone walk me through how I should clean the middle part witch acetone? From what I have read here acetone does the job 100% and I think my Vapman (middle) is ready for such a treatment. But I would like to do it the right way - is it soaking in pure acetone for 30 minutes, then put it out in the sun for 48 hours? No rinsing, just taking out the wooden piece to let the acetone evaporate? Nothing else to do? It seems too easy. :cool:

vapman, The Beagle and paehtod like this.
  10. Alex3oe

Alex3oe Well-Known Member

If you got the Classic avoid to contact the Mica with iso/acetone/... under any circumstances. Wouldn't soak the wooden parts in acetone anyway.
    I only clean the metal parts with a q-tip and iso. Some users here recommend magic erasers.

11. Phenix

Phenix Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Blurry I know,
    So was using it around Silvester and all of a sudden the metal secure-stick came along with the hole mid section off.
    Pushing it in isn’t working that well either, as it keeps falling out from time to time..

How can I bring it back to service ?

vapman, The Beagle and passenger like this.
  12. VAPEHUNTER

VAPEHUNTER Well-Known Member

Oh man that sux!
    If you are in the US contact @M0J0
    If you are elsewhere contact @vapman one of them will get you straightened out.

The Beagle, vapman, OF and 2 others like this.
  13. Phenix

Phenix Well-Known Member

Im at it.. im somewhat glad I got a vapcap after Christmas off eBay.
    Eventough it’s my sidekick it kicks in..:whoa:

The Beagle likes this.
  14. Seren

Seren Away with the fairies

I enjoyed seeing the new year in with My Little Fella..... who remains as beautiful as ever to look at, hold, and enjoy.

Happy New Year fellow Vapman lovers xx

15. Modicum

Modicum Well-Known Member

I've had my Vapman for 3weeks now. It's looks are both delicate and sturdy. The craftsmanship is second to none , It must take the patience of a saint to create each one. It boggles the mind how the less I use , the more I taste. Let me explain, it's as if I'm a K-9 and I don't smell the marinara sauce
    but I detect the tomatoes,onions, garlic and spices individually! Could it be the strain? Only Rene knows.The flavors and effects are extraordinary yet simplified.Yes I know my comments may sound 180 degrees apart at times but this Swiss Miss continues to be a mystery and who doesn't love a good mystery? Rene, your creation is a work of art & mind.

16. passenger

passenger fuck combustion

You can use the splinter of a matchstick. Push the splinter in the hole, then put the metal stick back in. If the splinter has the right size you won't need much force for it.

AtomicPB, Gourmet and vapman like this.
  17. vapman

vapman Well-Known Member Manufacturer

It is as easy as you wrote: Remove the filter and mouthpiece from the middle section, scrape off as much condensates as possible with a small knife or similar. Make sure not to touch and harm the rim on the bottom where the mid-section stands on the heat protection ring! Cotton swabs with acetone or ISO can also be used for removing the coarse part of condensates. The wood can now be submerged in acetone. In order to economize acetone, use the smallest container possible. For a higher degree of cleanliness, the process can be repeated by rinsing the wood part in fresh acetone.

Acetone evaporates very quickly, the wood will be dry almost instantly and there is no need to wait for days for the wood to be dry. With a dry burn you can make sure, all the acetone is evaporated and your vapman is ready for usage again.

FYI, cleaning with acetone is not a must, it makes most sense when traveling and having to go through baggage check.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year!:)

vapman

jupazo, Stoned Cold, Gourmet and 11 others like this.
  18. Phenix

Phenix Well-Known Member

Dudes I need help
    Had to disassemble the vapman lightest and as if now I have problems assembling it.
    Has someone a diagram of t? Where the hell belongs that leaf!? Gas isn’t flowing st all (yea lock obviously not active)

Tinkering tinkering.. gas flows but no spark, what’s that!?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2018
    vapman and OF like this.
  19. splitz

splitz Well-Known Member

Did the piezo get wet?

Why did you have to disassemble in the first place?

vapman likes this.
  20. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Does it click? If not you've got serious problems, but I suspect it is? That probably means contamination on the gap or mechanical displacement of the electrode has made the gap too wide and the spark is harmlessly happening elsewhere (like when a plug wire on a car goes bad).

If it doesn't click, look for problems in the mechanics that prevents the plunger from a full stroke. It has to be pressed hard enough to 'go over center' and release the hammer inside to hit the crystal inside and generate the spark.

You can also have the mixture too rich (too much fuel, not enough air) or too lean (not enough fuel to support combustion. Fuel and air need to be in nearly the right ratio to burn. Test it with an external flame, if it's not 'right' adjust the gas flow and try again?

Good luck. Consider replacement (and maybe a spare?) if you start spinning your wheels?

OF

vapman, The Beagle and Crafty Vaper like this.
  21. Phenix

Phenix Well-Known Member

igniter is still not working: will look into it..i wanted to avoisd ordering new lighters from rene as shipping cost+19% tax suck..

vapman and OF like this.
  22. boon

boon Well-Known Member

a cheap lighter even if my vapman lighter is far away my favorite. I've bought 5 one year ago as a spare. one gift to a friend for spare incase his vapman lighter fail. I use 3 of them really often (BBQ, wood stove at work...) none fail

vapman, RUDE BOY and OF like this.
  23. OF

OF Well-Known Member

That would be one of these?
    https://www.tinydeal.com/refillable-jet-1300-butane-lighter-with-tank-p-2570.html

or:
    http://www.dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butane-lighter-1320#.Wk9_7hK8oWw

(same lighter, different vendor)

Three bucks each.....SHIPPED?
    I've been using and recommending them for years and have yet to kill one nor recall anyone claiming one died in service and couldn't be resurrected easily. Why not buy a couple now (they take a couple weeks to get there) for the future? Murphy says you're only having problems because you have no backup.......mission critical gear demands backups from serious users...... That is if you'd had a backup, your VM lighter would likely be doing fine to keep it's job? At $3 each it's easy to throw out trouble makers.

OF

24. boon

boon Well-Known Member

you're right i've purchase them on your recommendation @OF.
    I gonna talk to my wife about this murphys law side :brow:
    Yeah it's not VAS it's against Murphy:nod:

RUDE BOY and OF like this.
  25. OF

OF Well-Known Member

'Murphy Insurance, peace of mind no matter the cost'.

Since relating the Universal Truth ('Nature loves the hidden flaw') we'd be fools to ignore this factor I think. Live teaches that sometimes 'things will go from bad to worse', Murphy points out the timing of that is often at precisely the least advantageous moment.

Proper Paranoia demands due dillegence. In a fun way it's like an alarm on your house. It doesn't have to be perfect, all it has to do is get Murphy to move on to the next (hopefully less prepared) victim? Dodging the bullet is as good as if it didn't happen.

What you tell (or don't tell) your wife I leave to you....... I've no useful insight to offer there.

Regards to all.

OF

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors