Vapman

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by spyder, Jul 3, 2008.

1. The Beagle

The Beagle Butanist Bubblemaker

I keep all of my vapes and vape related stuff in a closed locker except for my Vapmans and Vapman Station that proudly sits on a shelf in my living room. Definitely a beautiful object as well as an amazing vaporizer.

It natively fits into a 14mm joint but it's more a friction fit than a sliding action and it's going to be difficult to have the Vapman standing straight over the joint. If you use it this way be careful to remove the midsection first avoiding any stress on the three little air tubes while putting it on or removing it from the glass. The better solution would be to use a piece with a 18mm joint and use a 18mm to 14mm reducer that you can fit on the midsection alone and then just slide in and out the whole thing. Or you can contact René @vapman and have him make you a wood on glass midsection like I did:

[​IMG]

THis one has no air intake holes so it produces very thick vapor but the draw is pretty restricted. It really makes for a better experience when pairing your Vapman with glass.

The station is an amazing companion to the Vapman as it allows for precise temperature control and for long, flavorful low temp sessions. I counted the hits per session a couple of weeks ago and I was close to getting twenty hits from a single load if using it at the lowest setting. It's also very useful to clean the Vapman as it can make the reclaim soaked into the wood to ooze out and also to deal with sticky concentrates

[​IMG]

Italian here. All the packages I got from René got through customs, I suspect that everything coming from Switzerland packaged into a nice box got inspected by default.

Edit: I had some trouble having this post to appear, I hope it works now.

2. shmoedog

shmoedog Vape for Life

That would be perfect. Surprised René does not stock and sell this sweet little addition. I would love to know how much he charged you for that little custom connector. I would totally buy that with my Vapman if it was an option.

I initially wanted to be frugal and by the most basic version but after looking at the two-tone version. It's too nice not to buy. I think it will look great sitting above my fireplace. Besides I suspect I will own the Vapman for the rest of my life so why not get the best looking one.

The station is definitely going on my Christmas list for sure. The more I look at it the more I want it.

M0J0, vapman, Philreal187 and 3 others like this.
  3. The Beagle

I think he was still experimenting a bit when I got mine, I don't know if he's going to release it as a standard accessory, try send him a message here or an email, he's always been very responsive with his customers.

If I remember correctly I paid 25€ for the adapter and something like 11€ for shipment to Italy. Not exactly cheap but absolutely worth it if you plan to use your Vapman with water more than once in a while. Please note that my adapter came with a raw finish, not sanded nor oiled or polished.

I hope René can solve the problems that are keeping him from releasing the new batch of stations, no news at the moment.

vapman, Philreal187, Gourmet and 6 others like this.
  4. Carlos8400

Carlos8400 Well-Known Member

I just got hit with a €50 customs charge too, after some research i think it is normal. Not all things can be imported tax free from Swizerland, and i guess a vape doesn't qualify for tax free import.

I have to say it puts the price of the vape close to €200 which is far more than i was ready to pay for it.
    Let's hope i like that thing!

5. Gourmet

Gourmet Well-Known Member

Fu.... that's painful!:doh: In what country do you live, may I ask?

Thanks a lot for this helpful hint. And like always of you, in fine pictures! :tup:

M0J0, vapman and Philreal187 like this.
  6. Doktor Dub

Doktor Dub Well-Known Member

@The Beagle I really like your Water Adapter, Rene should really stock them as standard Item

@Carlos8400 Ouch! 200$ for a Vapman is really a pretty confident Price. I hope too you will like it, then it won t matter to you in a few weeks - the Vapman is just quality with quality and safe Materials and i think it s lifespan will be much longer then most electric and especialy Battery powered Vapes.

7. jeffp

jeffp psychonaut

The Station is intriguing to me; are there US dealers that carry it? It's definitely a consideration.

I'm using an inexpensive Eagle torch with good results, but if there's a better recommendation please advise.

The ABV situation is questionable - oftentimes the center of the load is darkened more significantly than the circumference. And sometimes the ABV load is pretty black yet I'm not certain that there was combustion.
    I keep the torch level set a little before the middle, the flame almost completely enters into the cavity. I'm read that 3 seconds 3 times is preferable to 4 seconds times two. I know there's no definitive answer, just curious as to what works best for other users.

Philreal187 and vapman like this.
  8. Mono

Mono Member

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  9. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Interesting......you actually ordered one and got it confirmed. I just tried and the cost comes up "0", which I don't think means it's free?

OF

Philreal187 and vapman like this.
  10. shmoedog

shmoedog Vape for Life

I have only seen the Vapman used with e-cig juice were it seemed to perform well. I'm planning on buying the concentrate screens and just wondering if anyone has any experience using these with concentrates, waxes and oils? How well does the Vapman perform with these? Is it worth buying the screens and using the Vapman for this application? Thanks any first hand knowledge on the subject would be appreciated.

Gourmet and vapman like this.
  11. vapman

vapman Well-Known Member Manufacturer

Dear friends of vapman, the station is finally out!

As promised, FC members are granted a 15% discount on all our station products!

I am very much looking forward to your orders through this email address: mail@element-medical.ch

Any special wishes and combinations are welcome, all prices are inclusive shipping!

I wish you all a good day!

vapman:)

Jospapaia, Kozzmozz, muunch and 17 others like this.
  12. Andreaerdna

Andreaerdna If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

VM works very well with any concentrates. Try a search, I recall a fellow member @NorVape (?) was the boss of this style and vaped quite well any solid or full melt concentrate.
    I am using my VMs a little less lately but when I have some concentrate the choice is VM no hesitation

vapman, M0J0, Gourmet and 4 others like this.
  13. Doktor Dub

Doktor Dub Well-Known Member

I appreciate the Appreciation you give to FC! ;)
    Makes the Vapman feel even more personal...

Have a nice Day!

vapman, Gourmet, 6079Smith and 3 others like this.
  14. Whissmu

Whissmu Well-Known Member

Very interesting! I'm very curious to see it in action with cocentrados ... some video at hand ??My ability with the vapman is increasing .. I get good clouds ... I opt for ABV brown uniform without
    combustion ..... hit very hard the small-great vapman

vapman, M0J0 and shmoedog like this.
  15. The Beagle

I totally agree with
    @Andreaerdna, if I want to vape straight oil my choice will always be my Vapman. The screen are worth buying, you can easily use a regular mesh screen cut to size with a hole punched in the middle but the original ones are way better. The mesh is a lot finer and they will keep your Vapman's pan free from oil stains and the raised edge is very useful if dealing with hash.

That's an awesome news, I'll let my friends know!

This morning I had my first session with a semi-fresh Girl Scout Cookies harvest, just one week of cure in jar. Taste has still to improve but I was again close to twenty hits from a single load. Crazy efficiency with the station at the lower settings.

vapman, M0J0, Gourmet and 3 others like this.
  16. shmoedog

shmoedog Vape for Life

THis is what I wanted to hear.

vapman likes this.
  17. The Beagle

I also own a Lotus and while probably being my best tasting butane vape due to the full convection it lacks in use with concentrates, especially with hash. You'll definitely need to heat your Vapman longer to properly vaporize concentrates, I usually heat it for one full cycle at the max setting with the station than I place it on my bubbler and as I start drawing I torch it with in short bursts until I can see the vapor getting thicker. Maybe I'll try to post a video in the next days if I can find the time.
    If you like your Vapman and can afford it buy the station. It's going to teach you what the Vapman is really capable of and make you a better torch user. Also using a Vapman without a lighter is probably the most couch friendly vape experience you can have.

vapman, M0J0, Chandler and 4 others like this.
  18. shmoedog

shmoedog Vape for Life

I really appreciate all the great info. I would love to see a video of it in action. How long of a warranty did you get with your station? Do you own a Vapcap sir? Just curious if we have any more vapes in common. I'm also curious how using the station makes you a better torch user. Seems counter intuitive but so much in life is. Thanks for all the help.

vapman, Squiby and Philreal187 like this.
  19. The Beagle

I don't know about the warranty, you should ask René @vapman about that.
    I also own an Omnivap that I use almost exclusively outdoor (as it's basically indestructible and the click feature is a great plus if using it in some wind, something where the Vapman lacks a bit as it need to be heated precisely on the pan tip) and at home with my bubbler (as it is combustion proof) while I use the Vapman as my morning vape, when I want a longer joint like session (in both cases it gets heated by the station only) and if I want to use concentrates alone, usually with rosin I make pressing my trim. For hash I mostly go for the bed of weed method in the Omni but if I have some very good stuff it goes alone in the Vapman for maximum flavor. I use my Lotus almost only for dry sessions with an @Oregonglassblower j hook.
    The station definitely made me a better torch user because it showed me how well and reliably the Vapman can work if heated properly, and after using it for a while I started getting better and better results with a torch as well. It may sound strange but I think I'm not the first one noticing this, if I remember correctly someone mentioned the same thing earlier in this thread.

20. botanicalman

botanicalman Well-Known Member

Just have to add, the new logo looks really nice on the box! Great work :-)

21. M0J0

M0J0 I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...

Here's why Cannabis should not only be Legal, it should be MANDATORY! Haha!

Click to play YouTube Video

vapman, Philreal187, Gourmet and 2 others like this.
  22. shmoedog

shmoedog Vape for Life

Hey Vapman,

I emailed you at the above address with a pricing question about a possible order for one of your Vapman station kits. I haven't heard back yet. How long before I should expect to hear back from you?

vapman likes this.
  23. Gourmet

Gourmet Well-Known Member

Now it's weekend, even the Swiss people don't work every day. :D
    Maybe it helps to visit the page for more pricing information; it has varoius set combinations with different vapman woods:
    https://shop.vapman.com/products_new.php?language=en

vapman, Stoned Cold, Mono and 3 others like this.
  24. shmoedog

shmoedog Vape for Life

I did go on there website. They have a Vapman station basic walnut set for 305. So with the discount it should be 259.25 and if I read his post correctly shipping is included. Which I think is an awesome deal. Basically your buying the Vapman station and there throwing in a basic kit for free. That's a deal I want to get in on while it's available . I've been just about to buy a fancy Vapman all week. Then the post comes up about the station and the sale. I'm thinking I'm going to end up wanting this station anyways and I can get a whole Vapman kit for free with it. Perhaps it was meant to be. So I just emailed asking to confirm the total cost. Plus there were some extras I wanted. Like an ebony mp and some more sieves which I was assuming were not going to be sold on sale. This was Thursday. I'll give it a few days. Isn't the Station basically a temp controlled log Vape with a little Vapman pedestal? Well hopefully I hear from them Monday.

vapman and Philreal187 like this.
  25. M0J0

M0J0 I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...

The Station is like a Log Vape with a detachable mouthpiece. It's awesome.

The Swiss don't work on the weekends. They're much more civilized than us! Haha
    He'll get back to you on Monday.

vapman, Andreaerdna, Gourmet and 4 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors