Vapman

funkyzio

Hello, I'm a happy owner of a pear Basic Vapman from few days. I'm really impressed by it, altought I'm quite new to vaporizing.
My question: is there a way to stop the smell of charred wood during a session? I really wish to use it in my room, but I've found that the most persistent smell is from the charring of the wood (and not the vapor itself). Thank you for your answers!

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Hello, I'm a happy owner of a pear Basic Vapman from few days. I'm really impressed by it, altought I'm quite new to vaporizing.
My question: is there a way to stop the smell of charred wood during a session? I really wish to use it in my room, but I've found that the most persistent smell is from the charring of the wood (and not the vapor itself). Thank you for your answers!

It will become less noticeable after each use as less and less wood will be left to char.

BT Bean

Bredda Gravalicious
After a solid week of using this little gem I’m amazed at its incredible efficiency, taste, and power. But I feel that the real strength of the Vapman lies in its fun factor. The ritual, which has been mentioned repeatedly on this thread (and elsewhere), is absolutely the most enjoyable part of the Vapman Experience for me. I used it almost exclusively this past week in order to hammer out my own rhythm and numbers. I mean I used it a lot. It took me a few days and three combustions but all in all I easily found my groove, and then this beast started rockin’.

My observations:

If you taste anything at all, you’re getting vapor. The first few times I thought I wasn’t getting anything, but I was getting wrecked and the ABV was nice and brown. With a little practice you’ll get nice amounts of visible vapor, but it isn’t necessary. This aspect is almost supernatural.

I tried plugging a hole or two at first with my fingers, but I found it messed with the flow of vapor and fresh air, and wasn’t necessary at all for big, full hits. I basically heat it and then put it to my lips and draw a natural breath. Mindful breathing. Often I start a breath and it seems like all fresh air and then after a few seconds it ‘catches’ and then it’s vapor city.

Don’t be afraid to combust. I was. The first time I didn’t realize till I took a hit, and it was pretty bad. But I just wiped the screen and pan with an ISO dipped Q-Tip and after another panful the taste was gone. Then, aware of the advice of @Mojo and others, I found that if you combust and don’t draw, there is no contamination at all. So I pushed it and combusted two more times, but in the process found my limit. Once I found my Vapman’s limit, I haven’t combusted since.

Be One with the Vapman.

“When one gives undivided attention to the (vital) breath, and brings it to the utmost degree of pliancy, he can become as a (tender) babe.”- Tao Te Ching

What up guys, my first post on FC.

I own a pear tree basic and a walnut mica version since summer and i feel like the mica version works a tiny bit better (seems like I need to preheat a bit less, and heat is more "evenly"). But the difference is not that much. Also the "pan" or whatever you call it looks a little bit different on each one in my case. The bottom of the pan on the basic is a bit more spiky/sharp while the bottom of the mica pan is more rounded. ?? :suspicious:
And i think that the mica one gets hotter in the hand IMO maybe because it "captures" the heat more than the wood, maybe this is why I found heating more evenly.
I personally use my basic one as a primary/backup vape outdoors. At home i prefer the mica. I love to use it at daytime because it is really efficient with your herb/concentrate and you can exactly get to the level you want to be.
Unfortunately I am not able to take pictures right now to show you what I mean with the different pans.
Peace out :rockon::leaf:

Gourmet

The bottom of the pan on the basic is a bit more spiky/sharp while the bottom of the mica pan is more rounded. ?? :suspicious:
As far as I know, it's the same pan in the basic as in the classic. At least, in Renés atelier I saw only one sort of pans on the working table. ;-)

Maybe they made a new press/ casting mould, because the old one was too used? @vapman can surely give better information than my vague guesswork. ;)

vapman

Manufacturer
But the difference is not that much. Also the "pan" or whatever you call it looks a little bit different on each one in my case. The bottom of the pan on the basic is a bit more spiky/sharp while the bottom of the mica pan is more rounded. ??

@RedEyeRasta: Welcome to the vapman thread!:wave:

To prevent any misunderstandings about variations on the "pan", I like to clarify, that is has nothing to do with basic or classic versions! The variations are linked with the difficulty of turning such copper parts on a CNC-lathe. So far we had three different suppliers and they all had their problems coming up with uniformed
parts, especially the rounding of the apex of the cone. First, copper is not the easiest material for turning and second, when turning the rounding of the apex, there is hardly any turning speed because it is in the center of the piece. For folks which are not familiar with turning, this might sound a bit Chinese, others know what I am talking about.
Long story short: So far we had problems getting perfectly even and uniform parts but with our latest supplier, I am sure we will get there eventually.

To set the record straight, I am talking about small aesthetic nuances, nothing that would have an effect on the function and performance of your vapman!

And yes, the classic version is probably a tiny bit more efficient compared to the basic version, the mica heat shield reflects the heat of the flame better than charred wood. Again, this does not concern the performance of vapman, only the consumption of gas.

We now could calculate, how many (hundred) years it would take to make up the price difference between the classic and basic version in terms of gas usage.:D

vapman

OF

We now could calculate, how many (hundred) years it would take to make up the price difference between the classic and basic version in terms of gas usage.:D

Forget calculations, let's do the experiment! I'll round up the volunteers, you send me a couple of test units and sufficient standardized stash and I'll get right to it. I'll supervise, of course, and will post the results......if I remember.

Probably should send standardized lighters and fuel as well. Well feed each VM the same and weigh the refills on the lighters.......might take some time. And maybe restarting the test. Maybe we should run multiple parallel efforts, just in case.

Is this a great forum or what?

OF

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
Alright...

New prices across the boards on the website. Basically, the Tattooed and Two-Toned Tattooed vapman are a bit below the regular un-tattoed vapman price.

Classic Walnut and Classic Pear as well. (the classics don't have the Celtic Ring below because there is no space for it because of the Mica).

Custom Tattoo will be only $5 extra with faster turn around now.

Aside from the Basics, all vapmans are Tattooed Only.

No more naked vapmans! woohoo!

pear_classic_tattooed_vapman_1.jpg

pear_classic_tattooed_vapman_2.jpg

pear_classic_tattooed_vapman_3-300x272.jpg

Mr Mellish

Alright...

New prices across the boards on the website. Basically, the Tattooed and Two-Toned Tattooed vapman are a bit below the regular un-tattoed vapman price.

Classic Walnut and Classic Pear as well. (the classics don't have the Celtic Ring below because there is no space for it because of the Mica).

Custom Tattoo will be only $5 extra with faster turn around now.

Aside from the Basics, all vapmans are Tattooed Only.

No more naked vapmans! woohoo!

pear_classic_tattooed_vapman_1.jpg

pear_classic_tattooed_vapman_2.jpg

pear_classic_tattooed_vapman_3-300x272.jpg

Am I the only one who can't see M0jo's pictures? I've tried several devices and do not see three Vapmen pictures.

vapman

Manufacturer
You are really doing a nice job @Mojo! That pear tree looks impeccable, looks like you oiled and polished it a second time?

Probably should send standardized lighters and fuel as well. Well feed each VM the same and weigh the refills on the lighters.......might take some time. And maybe restarting the test. Maybe we should run multiple parallel efforts, just in case.

I once wanted to know how much I pay for gas per session with vapman.

The refill can contains 400ml of gas and costs $ 4.20

400ml fills around 44 lighters and one lighter lasts averagely for 15 sessions, makes 660 sessions per refill can.
Now we divide $ 4.20 by 660 and the result shows us the cost of gas for one session.

$4.20 : 660 = $ 0.0063636363......a bit more than half a cent! Rolling papers cost more, I think.

BTW, 0.00636363....is an irrational number, it never ends and is typical for vape calculations.:lol:

Keep on keeping on, gas is cheap!;)

vapman

pandaphysics

BTW, 0.00636363....is an irrational number, it never ends and is typical for vape calculations.:lol:
vapman

Actually it is a rational number. Although the decimal representation goes on forever it is in fact the fraction 63/9900. First 0.006363636363 = (1/100)*0.6363636363.
Let x = 0.6363636363
100x = 63.6363636363
Taking the difference of these two equations all the decimals cancel out (if it is truly repeating forever) giving
100x - x = 63.
So x = 63/99 or
0.006363636363=63/9900 if it repeats forever.

In fact this same trick can be used with any decimal that repeats in the same pattern forever - all such numbers are in fact rational. What makes numbers like e irrational is that there decimal representation is infinitely long and doesn't just repeat (more precisely it just can't be written as a fraction of integers). Interestingly there are infinitely many more irrational numbers than there are rational numbers - rational numbers are the 'weird/special' ones. They're just easier for our number system to represent.

Last edited:

vapman

Manufacturer
Actually it is a rational number. Although the decimal representation goes on forever it is in fact the fraction 63/9900. First 0.006363636363 = (1/100)*0.6363636363.
Let x = 0.6363636363
100x = 63.6363636363
Taking the difference of these two equations all the decimals cancel out (if it is truly repeating forever) giving
100x - x = 63.
So x = 63/99 or
0.006363636363=63/9900 if it repeats forever.

In fact this same trick can be used with any decimal that repeats in the same pattern forever - all such numbers are in fact rational. What makes numbers like e irrational is that there decimal representation is infinitely long and doesn't just repeat (more precisely it just can't be written as a fraction of integers). Interestingly there are infinitely many more irrational numbers than there are rational numbers - rational numbers are the 'weird/special' ones. Tbhey're just easier for our number system to represent.

Of course you are right and I am glad, I was wrong, otherwise you would not have written that great post!

Love that trick: 100x -1x to get rid of the never ending decimals.:tup:

vapman

Top Bottom