Vapman

vapman

Manufacturer
@Gourmet: Don't know what you are inhaling but it can't be bad! Thank you!:tup:

@The Beagle: Thank you for the nice pics, it is looking real good. Did you have to do some sanding to get the right spring action or was it like this out of the box? And yes, the vapor is very dense without the three inlets on the mid-section and I think, that is what users of water tools appreciate.

I wish you all a good week!

vapman

Chandler

i bought some of these some months ago. july i believe? 3 from each vendor. the ones from tinydeal came in about 5,6 weeks i think? last week i thought about and had to check past emails to make sure i actually placed the second order because i'm certain they never arrived.... i ended up using the chat box for service help on the dx website. They determined quickly that my package was lost in transit. the total cost was about 10$, free tracking doesnt kick in till you've spent 15$, so i added 3 more to the purchase and they've resent them.... hopefully these reach

the first china one didnt work out the box, the other 2 are currently going strong. i have 3 vapman lighters, 1 is unused still at rest in its pouch, one is in rotation, one stopped working for me. theres no 'click' to create a spark when the trigger is pressed. perhaps theres a fix for that?

i do like the chinese ones. i have pretty big hands which makes the cheap ones more comfortable to hold and operate for extended periods

@The Beagle :clap:Much appreciated. those are some great pictures that illustrate a great story!! question: what strain is that?, what did you do with the bud after pressing?, what do you call that resin? resin??
you only use the one screen when using concentrates? thanks!

Gourmet

So finally my shorter water tool adapter arrived:

u4qjFVR.jpg

u4qjFVR.jpg

WMuaMIT.jpg

KK6suTW.jpg

It also fits a 18mm joint like the regular mouthpiece fits the 14mm:

fs6jEjJ.jpg

so @vapman I think you can tinker a bit with the angles and have an universal wood on glass adapter that fits both the sizes.

I wanted to try it and decided to do it with some concentrates so I pressed this:

O8KBmag.jpg

into this:

wedhUAB.jpg

rfBf6xE.jpg

qd7Ysvc.jpg

NKitrRp.jpg

and with the help of the station I melted it on a concentrate screen

nIfUOJX.gif

zFyylDW.jpg

L03y6zz.gif

And it's gone!

MjcuwZV.jpg

Without the three hole on the midsection the draw is pretty restricted but the vapor produced is very dense.
Great job René, I'll try it with some flowers soon.
What for wunderfull high class pictures und helpfull gifs! Thanks a lot, @The Beagle !

@Gourmet: Don't know what you are inhaling but it can't be bad! Thank you!:tup:
The magic of Vapman is already the perfect Muse. ;-)

It's maybe the next step in your product range. Like a Lego technic car for the glas cabinet at home, it could be a perfekt hide for the vaping stuff. The next toy car must be one with the station on bord. :D

Last edited:

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Did you have to do some sanding to get the right spring action or was it like this out of the box?

No sanding required, action was already perfect. The only problem I had so far has been the wood slightly swelling but enough to make the adapter stick into the glass. I just put it near the stove to have it shrink enough to be removed. I'll try to sand and oil it soon as I did with my Vapmans.
I think you could try to make one with just one intake hole that the user can fully or partially cover to adjust the airflow or use as a carb.

question: what strain is that?

The strain is called Caramelo.

what did you do with the bud after pressing?

I pressed it two times. From the first one I got what you see in those two pics, the second one yelded less material that i later vaped on top of some of ground bud in my Lotus. I just put the squeezed bud together with my AVB to be processed later into some QWET.

what do you call that resin? resin??

The resin you got from pressing weed at high temperatures is called rosin. The ghetto way to make it (and the one I use) is to use an hair straightener to press bud into parchment paper just leaning on it with your weight. Most sophisticated techniques involves several ton presses and temperature controlled heaters to obtain bigger yelds and to avoid burning flavorful terpenes. I live in a non legal country so if I want some concentrates I need to make it myself and I find this to be the best technique if you don't need to process large amounts of flowers.

you only use the one screen when using concentrates?

Yes I use the screen only with concentrates. If I'm dealing with something that melts like in the gif in my previous post I only use a saturated one, if it's something like bubble hash i sandwich it between two screens.

What for wunderfull high class pictures und helpfull gifs! Thanks a lot, @The Beagle !

I had to try the Vapman adapter and a couple of new photography gadgets at the same time so it was a natural process!

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
Wow I would never expect a torch lasting so long!
Do you use premium/refined butane? Do you do all the manteinance things?

Do you have a link or can you tell me the model?

Yep they are good, big tank and quite long lasting. Usually the first thing to break is the button.
I like the Honest torches because of the big plastic ring around the valve that you can easily turn with your fingernails or almost anything. At the moment I'm using the one you posted at home and the honest outdoor as it is smaller and because of the ease of adjustment.

sku_165541_3.jpg
Here is a link for the lighter. the model I have is a single jet, otherwise they seem the same. I only use premium butane because I have a collection of lighters that require it. I really don't do any maintenance. I follow filling recommendations such as setting the lighter to the lowest level and purging air. most of my lighters have been going strong for many years without any problems. In fact, the only broken lighters I can remember are those cheap clear tanks that everyone keeps suggesting...
https://www.amazon.com/Visol-Cuire-...id=1479844169&sr=8-145&keywords=torch+lighter

Last edited:

BT Bean

Bredda Gravalicious
I received my Pear Classic today from Toronto Vape. Unfortunately the cheap lighters I bought on eBay won’t be here till Friday. In desperation, I drove 10 miles to buy the only torch lighter I could find in this god forsaken wilderness- a Ronson Jetlite. This being my first butane vape, and never having used a torch lighter before (although I did have a lovely brass Camel Zippo via Joe Camel I won for smoking 8 zillion packs of cigarettes years ago) I didn’t anticipate the frustration in store. Once home I tore the package open and rushed upstairs to heat that tiny wooden gem, but the cap on the lighter was in the way and I couldn’t get the flame on the pan properly. In futile attempts to heat it up I used up the meager supply that came prefilled. Tomorrow I’ll get more butane and either try and mod the lighter or rip the damn cap off.

OF

@The Beagle: Do you mean something like this, a bigger angle to have a wider range between the two diameters? Wouldn't that be wobbly?

vapman

Indeed it would, and since we're talking conic sections here (which are only circles when square to the axis) you don't seal in anything but the 'dead plumb' configuration. Cold air would bypass the VM and get into the WT to dilute the action I'd think? Facing none of the restriction the VM itself offers.

I also suspect the wood would pick up a ring shaped dent at an awkward spot over time, at least potentially?

OF

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
@The Beagle: Do you mean something like this, a bigger angle to have a wider range between the two diameters? Wouldn't that be wobbly?

No, I mean with two conical sections like on the universal dab nails:

universal-domeless-titanium-nail-14-4mm-18.jpg

You could make both the tapered parts shorter like in the above picture to keep the adapter still reasonably small and it woold be enough to make an airtight seal.

Edit:

concentric cone shapes

Exactly the right words.

OF

Two stepped cones, not too long to keep it short, this is well feasible and a good solution, indeed.

I will make one and show up with it soon.

Be careful here, not all GonG fittings are alike. Some have a lip or extension that can hang up the larger OD before the smaller OD mates up (it's a taper, after all). That is the 'universal' adapters like the above don't work in all cases for me.

It's a problem: Make the small OD too short and it might not reach deep enough to mate up, make it too long and it might interfere with the larger OD getting deep enough to seal before the 'long nose' hits something inside (some) WTs.

Caution is advised, being all things to all people is the bad advice that destroyed my love life.......

OF

BT Bean

Bredda Gravalicious
I’ve been busy all afternoon working on my technique (thanks for the destructive advice @Stu, worked a treat) and I’ll report my thoughts later. I still have a long way to go, but speaking of steampunk, I noticed this:

Peering down the middle section as you pull it away in the dim afternoon light it looks like a polished wooden Victorian satellite, with its glistening steel springs and interplanetary grade heat shields. The pipes stretch down in the shadows as it glides across the cosmos sending beams of good cheer and brotherhood. Anyone else ever notice that?

Well, back to the grindstone.

OF

I still have a long way to go, but speaking of steampunk, I noticed this:

Peering down the middle section as you pull it away in the dim afternoon light it looks like a polished wooden Victorian satellite, with its glistening steel springs and interplanetary grade heat shields.

Funny, I've always thought it looks like a tiny Steampunk Lunar Lander myself, being round and all.

Some claim if you stare into the top of the mid section you can eventually see Elvis. And if you're using bud he approves of, he'll flash you the 'thumbs up'. Some claim it's really Rene, and he always gives the thumbs up. Since thus far nobody who actually has seen both Rene and Elvis has reported a sighting, so this fine point remains unclear.

Testing continues, thanks to a team of dedicated volunteers.

OF

BT Bean

Bredda Gravalicious
Wow, this little baby is a delight. Not much to add to what has already been said here, so I wrote a song:

Mr. Vapman (to the tune of “Mr. Sandman”)

Mr. Vapman, bring me a dream, (bung, bung, bung, bung)

Make it the smoothest, that I’ve ever seen, (bung, bung, bung, bung)

Give it a bowl, so gold and toasty (bung, bung, bung, bung)

Just make sure it doesn’t get too roasty

Vapman, I have a clone

It is the dankest, that I’ve ever grown

Please turn on your magic beam

Mr. Vapman vape me some weed

Mr. Vapman, bring me a dream

Make it the smallest, that I’ve ever seen

Craft it from a big ol’ pear tree

Then fill the bowl up with some fine dry OG

Vapman, I still have that clone

It’s still the dankest that I’ve ever grown

Please turn on your magic beam

Mr. Vapman vape me some weed

Mr. Vapman bring us a dream

Give it a set of pipes with a come hither gleam

Give it a pan of copper so nice and shiny

With lots of gold plate so it won’t get grimy

Mr. Vapman, a nice vape to hold (a vape to hold)

Would be so peachy, before we’re too old

So please turn on your magic beam

Mr. Vapman vape us, please, please, please

Mr. Vapman vape us some weed

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
That is the 'universal' adapters like the above don't work in all cases for me.

I had exactly this problem designing an 18/14mm part:
nJAOE7o.png

I never had this problem except with adapters that are not made according to the exact measurements of the standard joints expecially if, like in the above picture, the upper lip of the adapter is rounded instead of flat. For example the only female joint I own that has this problem is the one of the adapter on the right:

01Bb5He.jpg

The "wrong" one is a chinese adapter from dhgate while the good one is from a laboratory equipment supplier.

so I wrote a song:

In my circle of friends we have another themed Vapman song: whenever an egg gets out of a poket someone starts with the old Batman theme but singing Vapman instead of Batman, sometimes with hilarious results.

So, I know this has already been answered probably hundreds of times but I can't find it cause the search function is a pain in the rear end. ANYWHO apparently I've been combusting alot without even noticing, but whenever I try to clean out the bowl (even when it's hot) I get no where. I've used q tips and alch, twisted up paper towels, and even a magic eraser as a vaguely remember someone mentioning it and no dice. Now, the buildup is continuously combusting with each use and it's doing a number on my pipes. What on earth do I do??:bang:

ShinyMoonz,
Reactions: vapman

vapman

Manufacturer
So, I know this has already been answered probably hundreds of times but I can't find it cause the search function is a pain in the rear end. ANYWHO apparently I've been combusting alot without even noticing, but whenever I try to clean out the bowl (even when it's hot) I get no where. I've used q tips and alch, twisted up paper towels, and even a magic eraser as a vaguely remember someone mentioning it and no dice. Now, the buildup is continuously combusting with each use and it's doing a number on my pipes. What on earth do I do??:bang:

Once the build up is thick and heavy, you might have to use the tip of a small knife to scrape off the black layer. Cleaning with solvents and q tips only works when done regularly. Using a knife or sharp tool is not the official way of cleaning the bowl but in your case it is the only way, I think. Make sure the tool is reasonably sharp and avoid any pressure and stress on the bowl, gentle scraping will do the job! In case some of the gold layer may come off, don't worry, the gold is only for aesthetic reason and won't have any effect on the performance of your vapman. When doing the scraping, also try to remove the build-up around the center pin, it can prevent the filter sitting properly on the bowl.

I wish you success!

vapman

Top Bottom