Vapman

OF

For anybody interested, Torontovaporizer.ca is having a thanksgiving blow out sale. you can see the price of the basic vapman. 52$ CAD for the basic, the classic is on onsale for 82$ CAD that would be approximately 39$ US and 62$ US respectively. great deal.

Great tip! Thanks for the word. A couple of additional points, free shipping (normally $20 to US for the cheap rate) if you order over $100. Also, the basic one is WALNUT (yes, it seems it's the upgraded version....). So a second one really costs you much less. You can get two, shipped, for $104 CD or about $78 US.

Walnut basic VM for under forty bucks a pop in pairs? Very hard to pass up. Some lucky 'guy' is about to get a Christmas present that will change his world.......wonder who?

Thanks again, pass it on.

OF

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@Chandler @Philreal187 is correct...

magic flight box stems WILL work and their added length does cool the vapor noticeably more. . .

BUT for me and my luck with small glass Items... they never survive past a week :doh:

instead, I prefer to use these...
415JDQjVwpL.jpg

They are more durable than flight box stems (ime), I've had the same two and haven't broke one yet... Plus I like the shorter stem from a visual Standpoint, VM is so small, having it paired with such a tall stem for me is :lol: (im not a fan of the looks of the RBT long stem either * for reference)

I don't recall if the taste varies between the glass and the OG mouthpiece...but I do like the feel of the glass on my lips

i actually got the tips in the last of my combustion days, So it only felt right to re-purpose them... besides what better vape? the Prep, the packing and the lighting are almost all of the smoking rituals anyway:cool:

(Link to unconfirmed site)
http://www.rollingpapersexpress.com/cigarette-filter-tips-and-roaches/pitara-rifined-glass-tip.html

Chandler

ok, i'm thinking about grabbing two Basic Vapmans from the torontovape sale. 104$, i cant go wrong. i know someone will benefit. However, whats the experience like without the mica? is there much difference? there shouldnt be a flavor difference, right? does the base ever get too hot to handle?? is it truly worth the value, or is it better to just spend the extra money on the classic?

thanks

Philreal187

@Chandler Personally I have owned a basic walnut for two years, it has treated me well and was just used for tonight's session! I don't find the body too hot to hold, and I can't see a reason for a flavor differences, but have never tried a classic. I went for a basic because I had an itch to try this vape but didn't want to dish out to much doe. Turns out this was my favorite vaporizer and out lasted everything else!! My opinion the basic will treat you great and is definitely is worth the money especially with that discount!

@WakeAndVape I agree with the long stem just not fitting the vibe, I got the mflb walnut stem and it just never felt natural. I have a brown plum wood stem from vm and it's all I ever use. But if there was a glass stem that fit the egg I would definitely be interested.

@vapman I almost forgot to mention those new vapman stations are looking sharp :cool: and the ebony vm to match is just too nice!!!

:peace:

Last edited:

Chandler

@Philreal187 Thanks! just what i wanted to hear. just ordered two more vapmans. will probably gift them as i don't really need them, but what better gift to someone interested in entering the world of vaping??! i look forward to giving them away.

A friend was so enamored with Vapman he finally grabbed one last week a few days before the sale. ended up getting the pear wood (i think thats the type of wood?) it has more weight than the walnut. i like that. its flavor profile is also very neutral. i like it

AJS

Calm Consistency
Been binging my GH and Milaana for quite a while. Whipped out my Vapman to compare effects, and ohhhh boy does the vapman keep up. Who would've thought that this little sipper can have the same effects as two hard hitting convection vapes.

The seshes are so relaxing, and now that I have the house to myself for quite a while, it's much easier to just sit on the couch with. Just so damn enjoyable. The ritual and slow sips are just so habitually relaxing, like taking care of a basic need you're craving...that first glass of water of the day. Mmmm.

Two quick 3 second bursts to warm it up, then another 3-4 to choose temp. Couldn't be easier for me. Feeling clouds? Zap it for 2 seconds halfway through your rip and keep goin.

X37Yibx.jpg

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
Tell me a sport the British didn't invent. Guess who started the skiing and alpine tourism in Switzerland and who was first, climbing to the top of the Matterhorn?

Something completely different and off topic, hope you don't mind.:D BTW. I like playing soccer, goes well with vapman.

Do you remember the picture I posted back on April 17th about testing the ring for heat protection?

The testing went on, about 7000 heating cycles have been added to the test series since.

Here is the result:

513p94.jpg

The condition of the mid-section stayed more or less the same, no wear and tear and no charring at all!!:)

What should I say? To me, vapman is now officially accomplished, can't think of anything else needed to be

done or improved on vapman. This is good, I like to finish off what I started, this gives me room for new

ventures and I already have ideas, I will let you know as soon it becomes more concrete.

vapman

That's amazing René.

Now, you know that as soon as you say it's completed you're going to think of something else to do to the design! Haha

But it really is perfect.

Thanks for creating this little gem!

OF

My cera is made of that and the best flavor of any vape I have. Many others have metal somewhere in the path like the air prima pax and flavor is a tad less better. Maybe its magic!:shrug::D

I don't think the material is responsible for that. You'd get the same results with other ceramics, or even other (inert) materials.

I think we can give credit for the clean flavor to other aspects of the design. It uses a 'thermal core' concept to heat air for pure convection. Other TV products, like T1 and Evolution also enjoy these same benefits since they use the same technology to make vapor even though they have metal and plastic in the vapor path.......

Zirconia is a neat material, IMO a big plus, but it's not magic nor responsible for the overall excellent performance. It's main advantage in Cera is superior insulation to get better battery life.

I think René knows his materials well, and has made a very solid choice with SS. For sure the SS screen is a much larger factor, being larger and running hotter and directly in the vapor path.

OF

OF

Warning point issued for company bashing
Great tip! Thanks for the word. A couple of additional points, free shipping (normally $20 to US for the cheap rate) if you order over $100. Also, the basic one is WALNUT (yes, it seems it's the upgraded version....).

Sad to report it has every indication of a scam. Look what I just got:

Regarding your order OR200XXXX, unfortunately, we are out of stock on the Vapman Basic. However, we do have the Vapman Pear Complete in stock. We were wondering if you wanted a refund for your order, or if you would like to switch to the Vapman Pear Complete? If you would like the Vapman Pear Complete instead, you would have to cover the cost of the difference for the upgrade. I can get a sales rep to call you to help you out with the cost of the difference, if you provide me with the best number and times to reach you at.

I guess there are no 'bait and switch' laws in Canada? This is a 'open and shut' example of that IMO. They took money (offer a refund......) or the option to pay 2/3 more again for the 'upgrade'. An honest company would not have done this, IMO. Places like PIU would, I think, have offered the 'upgrade' at no additional cost since they made the mistake? If it was a mistake.........

If I were a betting type of guy I'd give you good odds on my ever doing business with Torontovaporizer. Thanks for the pointer anyway, Chandler. Keep the white hat.

OF

Last edited:

marduk

daydreamer
Sad to report it has every indication of a scam. Look what I just got:

Regarding your order OR200XXXX, unfortunately, we are out of stock on the Vapman Basic. However, we do have the Vapman Pear Complete in stock. We were wondering if you wanted a refund for your order, or if you would like to switch to the Vapman Pear Complete? If you would like the Vapman Pear Complete instead, you would have to cover the cost of the difference for the upgrade. I can get a sales rep to call you to help you out with the cost of the difference, if you provide me with the best number and times to reach you at.

I guess there are no 'bait and switch' laws in Canada? This is a 'open and shut' example of that IMO. They took money (offer a refund......) or the option to pay 2/3 more again for the 'upgrade'. An honest company would not have done this, IMO. Places like PIU would, I think, have offered the 'upgrade' at no additional cost since they made the mistake? If it was a mistake.........

If I were a betting type of guy I'd give you good odds on my ever doing business with Torontovaporizer. Thanks for the pointer anyway, Chandler. Keep the white hat.

OF

It's also possible that they blew through the stock quickly because of the great pricing and didn't update their website in a timely manner. I was tempted by the price and put two in my cart a few days ago. I applied the code and it worked fine. But I didn't pull the trigger.

I just went back to the website to check and it seems that even though the Vapman is listed for sale, there is no option to add it to your cart. So it could just be an honest mistake that they're only now getting around to fixing. FWIW, the one Vapman that I do own was purchased from them and I had no issues.

OTOH, anything is possible.

OF

It's also possible that they blew through the stock quickly because of the great pricing and didn't update their website in a timely manner.

OTOH, anything is possible.

I doubt it, I suggested they simply backorder the units they sold to me, they said:

We apologize for the inconvenience. The vapmansale was a liquidation sale as stated in the newsletter. Unfortunately, we did run out of stock on the Basic units. We are able to refund you for the order, or if instead you would like to receive the Pear Complete, we can offer you the Pear complete for $20 more each instead of $30 and I can get a sales rep to call you to help out with that.

Doesn't 'hold water' of course. They took money for something they won't deliver. They're dumping stock and have no intent on continuing to carry VM it seems. Not only are they bound by the sale contract, but "Bait and Switch" seems likely here to me.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bait-and-switch

If they'd offered to 'eat the cost' of their mistake in full I'd feel different. But this is lame. And illegal here in the US and I assume Canada. Since they didn't specify as a condition of sale 'limited to stock on hand', they cannot slime their way out with the loss leader dodge. It seems the Canadians are even more aggressive about this than we are, hopefully it won't come to that.

I intend to reject their lowered cost option. They can, if they choose to do so, either offer the substitution at not additional cost to me or order the agreed VMs for me in a reasonable time.

We shall see.

OF

OF

Yeah, I got a phone call informing me of the same and an offer to buy the classic instead, I declined and asked for a refund.

Your call, of course. They've offered to discount the upgrades (to Classic Pear) to $20 each. I've no need for another Pear Classic (love mine....) but would like a basic in Walnut (as my Classic Walnut is 'too pretty to use everyday). The second was for a Christmas gift. I countered with 'substitute for one, cancel the other and refund half my money'. This means they're 'out' $30 on one unit, rather than $40 on two, I have an acceptable Christmas gift at the original price and will look for the Basic Walnut in the future.

Alternatively it seems the Canadians are even more assertive here, with a strong desire to keep the market honest and competitive. A simple internet form or phone call to the Competition Bureau (a Law Enforcement organization for just this purpose) triggers an investigation with authority to resolve such things. Hopefully ten dollars additional is seen as a cheap way out.

I guess it rubbed me the wrong way being hustled to upgrade, set off alarm bells loud enough to drown out the little voices.......at least for a while.

Anyway, good luck with your refund. If you used US money, be sure they cover your conversion costs. Not fair if you pay that fee twice (once in, once back) for their mistake/transgression. IMO you should, at the very least, get all your money back.

Yet another 'too good to be true' deal on the web?

OF

Finnmissile

I too jumped on the sale almost immediately for two walnut classics. Received some calls from a number I didn't recognize today and then the same e-mail offer for the Pear Classic. Pretty bummed but am trying to get them to eat the upgrade.
Took them quite a while to realize they were not going to be able to fulfill the orders imho.

Chandler

Hmmm... That's two now... I wonder if ANYONE had success ordering? If there have been no successful orders, I won't be buying from them in the future.

i Recieved this exact same email. Was very disappointed. i made my order last sunday, a friend made her order on the tuesday. I'm the one who told her to call Torontovaporizer and ask politely if they'd still honor the deal even though she's a day late. She wanted to purchase 3 and they told her no problem, we'll honor the deal.... we both got the bullshit email on the wednesday. mine sent 12:04pm, hers 12:06. then they were calling us at the same time... they had already sent me an email stating my order had been processed and the package had been sent. Why/how would they reach that stage and not realize they have none in stock?? A very dumb mistake...

I apologize as I posted the original link.

i'm uncertain how i'll proceed. it did seem too good to be true. its rather unfortunate for their reputation, as i've purchased all 3 of my current vaporizers from them with nothing but the finest customer service.

OF

I apologize as I posted the original link.

Don't do that, you have a white hat here! You did just what any of us would want, alerted us. More so if you had history that said they were legit (and may still be in most things.

Their saying 'it's OK' to the GF after the sale had closed is not a good sign........and I sure don't like the phone pressure thing, makes it look all the more suspicious. IMO there's enough to support suspicion of unfair/illegal marketing. Had they said, 'limited to stock on hand' I'd see it differently. Now they have the option of ordering enough stock to cover their commitments to folks they took money from, they just don't want to for what seems like obvious reasons from here.

Anyway, thanks for the 'heads up', please don't hesitate to clue us in if you've got such a tip in the future?

OF

scottg402

Uggggh! So I screwed up my Walnut Classic last night. I have that and a Yew (from the station contest). No problems with the Yew, I have been using that for dry material.

However I was using the Walnut for concentrate and when I went to twist themail upper section to load it, I didn't realize there was some concentrate left from the last session which caused it to stick to the pan. Well I twisted the top (which was of course stuck to the pan) and ended up breaking the little rods that hold the pan in place.

Bottom line is need a new pan! Sorry if this has been answered before but is this part available somewhere and is this a repair I can make myself?

I'm glad I still have my Yew but I want my dedicated concentrate unit back! I learned a lesson yesterday about giving it a little torch to warm unit the leftover concentrate prior to removal.

Gourmet

Uggggh! So I screwed up my Walnut Classic last night. I have that and a Yew (from the station contest). No problems with the Yew, I have been using that for dry material.

However I was using the Walnut for concentrate and when I went to twist themail upper section to load it, I didn't realize there was some concentrate left from the last session which caused it to stick to the pan. Well I twisted the top (which was of course stuck to the pan) and ended up breaking the little rods that hold the pan in place.

Bottom line is need a new pan! Sorry if this has been answered before but is this part available somewhere and is this a repair I can make myself?

I'm glad I still have my Yew but I want my dedicated concentrate unit back! I learned a lesson yesterday about giving it a little torch to warm unit the leftover concentrate prior to removal.
No problem, @M0J0 or @vapman can help you.

Do you have a walnut basic? If it is the case, you could change the pan yourself. Ask the buddies for a replacement piece, it should not cost the universe. Alternativ, you can send your VM to Mojo or vapman to fix it.

...and BTW, I did with my first vapman the same, you are also in good company. :D

Top Bottom