Vapman

AJS

Calm Consistency
I feel like you can set the vapman up into different heat categories.
Each stage goes after a 4 second burst of heat.

Stage 1 is room temperature
Stage 2 (after first 4 seconds), the unit is "warmed up". (only during warm up do I hit this stage. I rarely wait long enough after a hit to drop down to stage 2)
Stage 3 (after another 4 seconds), the unit is at "idle" ... this is where the unit spends most of it's time during a session.
The idle stage is the stage at which you are to determine the temperature you want to vape at. Your next burst of heat will either put you at the lower end of temperature or the higher end. This is the "vaping spectrum"
Stage 4 (anywhere from 2-5 seconds) is the vaping spectrum.

After you perform your vaping actions at stage 4, and you put the vapman down for a few minutes, you are at "idle" stage again. From here, you are able to choose your vaping temperature again.
Another 4 second burst brings you up to vaping spectrum, and a few seconds more will bring you up to higher temps.

This is more something that I "feel", and putting it into words was difficult. I imagine many of you feel that there are stages of heat with the vapman, and I guess wanted to try and put it into words.

vapor.man

I noticed that my vapman needs to get to a higher temp stage to produce a decent amount of vapor with hash. The easiest way for me to achieve this is to use it with the station on 5 or 6 for a couple of hits. You can also feel the higher operating temperature on the outside. But maybe this is the point where the resin of the middle piece starts to evaporate. I find it hard to achieve these high temps with the lighter without combusting.
When using the vapman with dry herb and the lighter I just give a 3 sec burst to put it on "idle" temp. From there on I continue with 3 sec intervals for a couple of hits and eventually reduce to ~2 seconds, depends on the awaited temp to reach on the end of the session. This covers the spectrum I want to get from tiny ultra tasty low temp hits to wherever I wanna go. Feels like temp stepping on other vapes to me.
I try to avoid stopping the session on a low temp because I think it makes cleaning the bowl more uncomfortable.
The temp I try to finish with the lighter can be compared to 2-3 with the station.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
What are the best vapman bong adapters around there? I heard the magic flight one works fine

Magic flight and vapman share the same diameter of the mouthpiece so what works for one works for the other. Vapman middlepiece fits 14glass joint natively, or Eds tnt makes wong (wood on glass) both 14 and 18mm

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I have been loving my Vapman, but I need a new torch. I ordered the standard ones from china, should be here in the next 6 months or so lol :doh:. I have one that's getting me by until then thankfully.
I hope I win the contest because I want to give this one to my best friend, he's really jealous! Plus I need that station! I found the Evo works as a Vapcap heating station, now I need one for the vapman!.

StcBlueMi

Hey Guys.
I'm a total newbie regarding vaporizers. I bought the vapman and tried it.
I have the Vapman Mica and of course a jet-lighter.

I think I must be doing something wrong. I tried everything from very short bursts with the jet-lighter, to holding the flame for 10 seconds straight. But no matter what, my herbs seem to be unimpressed, and so I am, because I don't feel anything. At best, I got a slight taste and a bit warm "vapor". But after trying for half an hour and that several times now, I'm quite disappointed. The herbs that I put in my vapman aren't burn, but sort of toasted. Using a bong my herbs work just fine.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Sounds like not enough heat . Maybe a bigger flame. You should be able to get to the edge of combustion easily.

Turn up the flame and dont be shy ... whats the worst that can happen!!

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
What are the best vapman bong adapters around there? I heard the magic flight one works fine

I use this with the tip sanded down to perfectly fit the midsection hole.

252_0.jpg

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
@botanicalman @The Beagle
Well Idee you have an 14mm connection downstem you can just plug the Middlesection strait in to it. Just seals perfect. Ich you happen to have a 18mm downstem you just need a 14mm to 18mm adapter.

Way cheaper and easyer than sanding down that Glasconnector.

But just find out what works for you.
I do the same. But that glass looks sweet. Im sure sanding not that hard. Jmo
Also @Ed's TnT makes a nice wpa

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I love the Vapman with a water pipe!

Finally I placed my order on this beautiful little peace of magic after reading this whole thread.
I have collected some kief and bought some very interesting traditional hashes the last months which I plan to start to vape through this week-end.

Because my tolerance is constantly decreasing since I fucked combustion the vapman may hopefully get more use with flower, too, than I'm expecting right know.

I plan eventually to rebuild my vape arsenal because I'm getting tired with the whole charging cable and battery thing (I forgot the pax 2 charger brick and I'm stuck with the crafty in vacation with his awful battery life).
This may be just the first start of flame-powered serious VAS...
Great to see you man...long time!

Flame powered vapes have changed the game for me...buy all of them!

vapman

Manufacturer
Hey everyone

So I'm about to start carving out a water pipe adapter and mouth piece (lost the plastic one) and plan on using tung oil as a finish. I see a lot of mixed opinions on it, and was wondering if @vapman, @M0J0, or anyone else had any thoughts or opinions on the matter.

@ShinyMoonz I never used nor do I know tung oil, it supposed to be similar to boiled linseed oil and a good oil for protecting woods. I also learned that it is slightly toxic and therefore not food grade. I would definitely not use it on the mouthpiece (I don't treat mouthpieces at all), but may be on the adapter, if needed.
What about bee wax? Smells good and is water repellent. I know @MOJO uses bee wax mixed with jojoba oil.

I wish you success and luck when making the custom made wood parts!:tup:

vapman

Last edited:

OF

I wish you success and luck when making the custom made wood parts!:tup:

Or maybe my favorite for such use, Johnson's Paste wax, like you'd use on a kitchen floor or your roller rink? If you can skate on it, it's plenty tough and Carnauba wax is not only 'food grade' but it's part of what we eat already. It's common in food processing, for instance it's what keeps M&Ms from 'melting in your hand'.

I'm not suggesting eating any part of your VM, but should some flake off when you absent mindlessly chomp down in your excitement you're covered.........

Also good for the MVLB where you suck on it as well, of course. Also good on metals like garden tools, protects the wood well and stops/controls rust. Also good for guns and fishing gear, stops fingerprints from damaging the finish. Standard drill for museums. It's a cinch the 700 Year Old armor (the one the real King Arthur wore......) is wearing a thick coat when you see it (or rather many thinner coats?).

OF

Edit: I thought of another reason to consider Carnauba, it's the 'preferred finish' on snooty Briar Pipes' (where it has to deal with heat and physical abuse for a long time while being handled a lot). Back when I cared more about this stuff (in my dark tobacco smoking days.....) my favoite 'smoke shop' charged $10 for a 'clean, wax and buff' on standard pipes. I'd get it done when stems needed replacement (they need to be individually fitted to hand carved pipes. My 'full bent' (like what guys call 'Sherlock') was $25 due to the shape and finish (lots of dimples that had to be hand cleaned with ha toothbrush....).

Aside from that one application and some wipe downs over the years such finish lasts a very long time, and doesn't flake.

OF

Last edited:

OF

quick question, if you buy the SS ring from Infinity VM, does it come with a piece of sandpaper or must i source it myself?

No problem if I need to - i'd just like to get myself some before the SS ring shows up.

You'll need it, I used 240 grit. About a 1/4 sheet (you need enough so you can 'lap' in the entire surface at once). FWIW I had to sand off more than I expected to so it would latch in correctly. At first the bars hit the springs too high.

OF

vapman

Manufacturer
Installing the SS ring gives you the opportunity to adjust the spring tension on the locking system to your liking. In case you sand off too much, the bars will be below the springs making it useless.:doh: This is why I said above: check the spring tension during the sanding rather too often than too late! You only have one chance to do it right, better be careful than sorry afterwards. :cry:

Isn't it often like this in life?:)

vapman

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
@botanicalman @The Beagle
Well Idee you have an 14mm connection downstem you can just plug the Middlesection strait in to it. Just seals perfect.

I don't like the feeling of the wood on glass and I prefer the clean glass on glass sliding action to avoid applying some torque to the Vapman that could damage it as already happened to me. A (rather clumsy to be honest) friend pulled it too hard sideways and one of the intake tubes got a bend.

OF

You only have one chance to do it right, better be careful than sorry afterwards. :cry:

Isn't it often like this in life?:)

Common enough for sure. Over here Divorce is mighty common......not only does this make Lawyers rich but it gives you a fresh chance to really screw your life up with another poor choice.

This cycle can continue as long as your money holds out. Ironically, while it seems being broke and facing big alimony payments can make a guy less attractive to the opposite sex it seems it's a huge ocean out there, something nibbling at most any bait. Which is good, it keeps folks from getting too lonely, while presenting new opportunities to make it worse.

Or perhaps better still is pure bees wax? Why dilute it down? You can get small cakes of bees wax in sewing shops (amongst other places). Rub in on and buff it out. Not really tough, but easy and safe.

OF

dxer

Hey everyone

So I'm about to start carving out a water pipe adapter and mouth piece (lost the plastic one) and plan on using tung oil as a finish. I see a lot of mixed opinions on it, and was wondering if @vapman, @M0J0, or anyone else had any thoughts or opinions on the matter.
Here's my .02:
"Tung oil" picked up at any old hardware or big-box store typically could contain anything, and it is usually part linseed oil, part varnish, part other, with chemical dryer additives, etc., usually with zero actual tung oil... You can get 100% pure tung oil (as well as polymerized tung oil--dries faster) at specialty shops like Lee valley. I would avoid the "mystery" stuff, the mystery ingredients is probably the reason for the mixed opinions.

On another note, had a great vapman session last night. We are low-temp types but I pushed the heat a bit more than usual... blew a cloud wayyyyyyyy denser than usual... thought for a second it must be smoke but quickly realized, no, the flavour was good, checked the crucible and nothing but golden brown...

Vapman has always done what we need and we love it, but I can see how a cloud chaser could also go for large rips with ease! Such a versatile device

Top Bottom