Vapman

ReifierReefer

What advantages does sandwiching your concentrates (shatter in my case) between two of the concentrate screens grant over using only one of the screens? I was thinking that it could help with containment of melty concentrates and therefore the cleanliness of the middle section. Is this accurate? Does the extra surface area of the second screen change anything about the session?

natural farmer

What advantages does sandwiching your concentrates (shatter in my case) between two of the concentrate screens grant over using only one of the screens? I was thinking that it could help with containment of melty concentrates and therefore the cleanliness of the middle section. Is this accurate? Does the extra surface area of the second screen change anything about the session?
When using a second screen to sandwich your concentrates the SS filter on the middle section needs much less cleaning after a session. With one screen it is usually very messy up there. No need for a second screen with dry herbs IMO though... One screen and you still get all the radiation goodness plus you can pack more herb.

Gourmet

the SS filter
That sounds kind of wierd.... ;-)

Does the extra surface area of the second screen change anything about the session?
IMHO it has no influence to the vaping process. Normaly I use for extracts 2 screens and smear (or better lubricate ;-)) it on the backside of the upper screen. This sandwich-methode is for me the best way to consume concentrates in the VM with less cleaning effort.

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Great vape, great thread, René, versatility ...
What the fuck is NOT to love about the vapman experience as a whole?
Well personally, for me, the one thing that really gets to me about the Vapman . . . the thing that I just can't stand . . . the thing that pisses me off sooooo much that I literally erupt into a violent insane rage at the mere thought of it . . . it's . . . it's . . . it's . . . aww nah fukit! Who the hell am I kiddin?!
Y'all know I love my Vapman truly & unconditionally! :love:

We've been through far too much for it to be any other way. The Vapman is undoubtedly a trooper.

And really, you just can't fault the little fella can ye? At least, not imo. It's just too damn cute & too damn endearing.
300x300-bamm-bamm.png

Ah! Y'know, I've actually thought of something! - I hate putting the Vapman down! :rolleyes:

C'mon René, make a vape I wanna put down woudja?

(no, please don't)

MuchLove&Appreciation.

Group hug Vapfam! :luv:

:peace:

*** Ooooh this is my 1000th post! . . Woohoo! . . . . And HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY EVERYONE!!! :party: ***
1362990946271772793shamrock%20%202%20cut.png

Nugg

It's always a love fest in this thread! The vapman holds a special place in my heart too.

I installed a mica washer in my pear basic on the weekend. I removed the filter from the middle section and gave it a gentle rub on some 80 grit sandpaper so the screw holes would line up.

I torched my filter clean but must have over done it with the heat as it warped a bit. It ended up bulging out in the center and would rock on the pan. Tried to massage it back to flat but didn't have much luck. Good thing I had a spare filter to throw on, now it seals perfect :D the rocky old one went back into the parts box.

I had also noticed that my torch had lost its nice sharp pointed flame. Tried a few different things to clean it out but no luck. Turns out I had a brand new torch that I got with my station order so I filled that up and it works perfect.

My vapman is back to being the powerhouse I remember. It was a fun afternoon of servicing and testing.

Thanks again for the mica wahers @vapman!!

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
It's always a love fest in this thread! The vapman holds a special place in my heart too.

I installed a mica washer in my pear basic on the weekend. I removed the filter from the middle section and gave it a gentle rub on some 80 grit sandpaper so the screw holes would line up.

I torched my filter clean but must have over done it with the heat as it warped a bit. It ended up bulging out in the center and would rock on the pan. Tried to massage it back to flat but didn't have much luck. Good thing I had a spare filter to throw on, now it seals perfect :D the rocky old one went back into the parts box.

I had also noticed that my torch had lost its nice sharp pointed flame. Tried a few different things to clean it out but no luck. Turns out I had a brand new torch that I got with my station order so I filled that up and it works perfect.

My vapman is back to being the powerhouse I remember. It was a fun afternoon of servicing and testing.

Thanks again for the mica wahers @vapman!!

Try blowing into the nozzle of the lighter removing any debris. . that should restore its sharp point.

Nugg

Thanks for the advice @VapourHaze. I tried blowing into the nozzle, blowing in the side vents, wiping the end out with an iso soaked q tip and also held the button down and let unlit butane flow through it.

Next thing to try is compressed air and also a butane dump, refill and purge.

If I remember correctly it was always a bit of a fuzzy flame right from the get go.

I have 7 lighters to choose from but always like to use the lighter that the vape manufacturer supplies :mental:

vapman

Manufacturer
Here are some updates from the research department!:science:;)

I think the mica washer works great but I am not happy about the fact, that it is not really solid enough for cleaning and therefore disposable.

@Mojo wrote to me a while ago: "Why don't you use a metal washer?" I thought, no way, a metal washer
would also lead the heat to the bottom part of the middle section. After realizing that the mica washer is not really the final answer to this issue, a fine ceramic washer came in to my mind. I am sure it would work with ceramic but after getting some quotes from different companies I had to accept that ceramic is far too costly and not a solution as well. Bummer, I thought.
After this I did some serious brain storming, I had a feeling that there must be a solution out there in the universe somewhere. I wished for a solution, took some herbal brain enhancer and traveled through space and time and guess what? I found what I was wishing for: it is a metal washer with a particular shape!

Here is a drawing of the idea:

119nq82.jpg

The idea is simple but effective, a stainless steel (bad heat conductor) washer with a triangular shape! It was clear to me that a washer like this would lead far less heat than a flat washer. But suddenly I had doubts about it and questions like; where does the most heat come from? From underneath or are the hot gases passing by on the side the main reason for the slow burning of the wood? This question I could not answer by thinking and reflecting, I had to test it. Yesterday afternoon I grabbed a piece of SS and made a washer on my good old lathe.

Here is the test:

2d9xlkw.jpg

Two identical middle sections are needed to test the effect of the SS washer.

9gm49g.jpg

One of the middle sections I sanded down.

mb2152.jpg

The two middle sections, one with the SS washer.

2qtbon6.jpg

The two middle sections, the one on the left with the SS washer.

Now, everything was ready for testing. Will the SS washer protect the middle section from the heat.
For this, I over heated both middle sections intentionally and identically several times. I could tell that I was over heating by the discoloring of the filters, they started to turn a bit brown which is way above the temperature for vaporizing.

Here are the results:

oj3uhe.jpg

oh71bo.jpg

The result is clearly visible, the middle section with the SS washer is far less burned than the one with out the washer. Taking into account that both middle sections were severely over heated, we can assume that in normal use, a middle section with such a washer would be perfectly protected from the heat and last way longer than with out the washer.

This is almost a historic moment for me, this will be the first improvement of vapman in a period of over 10 years! So far, I have not asked for any quotes for making such washers but I am positive that it will be feasible for a reasonable price.

Be good, take care of yourself and keep your filters clean and shiny...;)

vapman

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Genius!

I feel like we are part of the inner circle.

Thank you so much for sharing your research with us - it is great to see the development of something that we all know & love. And as always, your posts are a pleasure to read.

This is almost a historic moment for me, this will be the first improvement of vapman in a period of over 10 years!

That is such great news!

It may have taken 10 years to find something about the Vapman that could possibly be improved, but, by jove, I think you've got it! :tup:

:D

Impressive stuff as always René!

and keep your filters clean and shiny...;)
Hahaha! Yes yes yes!!! :nod: :)

PeaceNLove2All.
:peace:

bounce5

I think the mica washer works great but I am not happy about the fact, that it is not really solid enough for cleaning and therefore disposable.

@Mojo wrote to me a while ago: "Why don't you use a metal washer?" I thought, no way, a metal washer
would also lead the heat to the bottom part of the middle section. After realizing that the mica washer is not really the final answer to this issue, a fine ceramic washer came in to my mind. I am sure it would work with ceramic but after getting some quotes from different companies I had to accept that ceramic is far too costly and not a solution as well. Bummer, I thought.
After this I did some serious brain storming, I had a feeling that there must be a solution out there in the universe somewhere. I wished for a solution, took some herbal brain enhancer and traveled through space and time and guess what? I found what I was wishing for: it is a metal washer with a particular shape!

119nq82.jpg

The idea is simple but effective, a stainless steel (bad heat conductor) washer with a triangular shape! It was clear to me that a washer like this would lead far less heat than a flat washer. But suddenly I had doubts about it and questions like; where does the most heat come from? From underneath or are the hot gases passing by on the side the main reason for the slow burning of the wood? This question I could not answer by thinking and reflecting, I had to test it. Yesterday afternoon I grabbed a piece of SS and made a washer on my good old lathe.

Here is the test:

2d9xlkw.jpg

9gm49g.jpg

mb2152.jpg

2qtbon6.jpg

Now, everything was ready for testing. Will the SS washer protect the middle section from the heat.
For this, I over heated both middle sections intentionally and identically several times. I could tell that I was over heating by the discoloring of the filters, they started to turn a bit brown which is way above the temperature for vaporizing.

Here are the results:

oj3uhe.jpg

oh71bo.jpg

The result is clearly visible, the middle section with the SS washer is far less burned than the one with out the washer. Taking into account that both middle sections were severely over heated, we can assume that in normal use, a middle section with such a washer would be perfectly protected from the heat and last way longer than with out the washer.

This is almost a historic moment for me, this will be the first improvement of vapman in a period of over 10 years! So far, I have not asked for any quotes for making such washers but I am positive that it will be feasible for a reasonable price.

vapman

What an elegant solution. This will even further improve the taste of the Vapman. Not that it was bad, but it does get a smoky taste sometimes when I overheat and burn the wood. Thank you for sharing that with us. I look forward to getting one.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor

119nq82.jpg

Here is the test:

2d9xlkw.jpg

9gm49g.jpg

mb2152.jpg

2qtbon6.jpg

Here are the results:

oj3uhe.jpg

oh71bo.jpg

vapman

Best long post i have read in a while

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...

119nq82.jpg

Here is the test:

2d9xlkw.jpg

9gm49g.jpg

mb2152.jpg

2qtbon6.jpg

Here are the results:

oj3uhe.jpg

oh71bo.jpg

vapman
Wow! What a difference it makes!

This is awesome René!

I'm so glad to be a part the vapman. So cool that my crazy ideas stay in René's brain and take root and grow - like a fungus? Haha!

The good thing is that I'm crazy enough not to care to sound stupid, so I can give you a crazy idea that may not work, but it may trigger a search in the right direction at least.

You guys don't know how many stupid ideas I can come up with! Hahaha

But seriously, this is so cool.

Can't wait to see these roll out as standard on new vapmans and also see them available to retrofit existing ones.

Great job René! Awesome.

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I don't usually vape consecutive bowls with my VM but I notice when I do that the second is often much faster. Do many of you pre heat your bowl ?
I'm also curious if anyone has tried to coat the bottom of the mid section with anything ( high temp silicone etc ) to protect the wood from charring.

Top Bottom