Vapman

hoyo77

Of course not and I love my Lotus but it does combust on occasion — a bad surprise I do not care for. I still use it a lot of the time.

The Vapman NEVER combusts on me and always gets me where I want to be and I use it all the time.

Did I say fuck combustion? Yes, fuck combustion! I really hate combustion. Every vape I have ever had has combusted with the exception of the Volcano and my Vapman.
I
Thank you @steama and everyone for helping me decide on my newest flame based. My SV#2 thermostat went again and I was able to pick up this vape for $35 more than a replacement thermo. What lighter should I be looking at? I only have a torch. So, I will need a good lighter? Or will my torch work for a little? Is it to much? Thanks everyone. O' yea I got the Classic version with the mica shield and the Blue egg.
I had it between the lotus and Vapman. The last few pages of posts + the pricepoint swayed me to choose the Vapman.:tup:
use torch

OF

What lighter should I be looking at? I only have a torch. So, I will need a good lighter? Or will my torch work for a little?

Go with a small torch. The 'sweet spot' is small and your fingers nearby. You don't want to be waving a blowtorch around. This is my favorite. I suggest you order several (at three bucks per shipped.....). They don't break, but are very handy and easy to leave lying around. Right now there's one in the kitchen for lighting candles, and one on the patio next to the BBQ. One here on the desk (the most used of course), another in the 'war bag', a loaded spare in a box on the shelf and a couple new ones stashed away:

http://www.dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butane-lighter-1320#.U13diKxmNiI

It's smaller than the photo indicates. I think they used a model with tiny hands.......

I think you're going to love the Vapman. While I think the price is excellent (especially direct from the factory?), this is one of those rare things for which 'cheap at twice the price' might fit. You get a LOT of vape for the buck here........

Enjoy it when it gets there. Don't be shy with the heat, follow the results you like.

OF

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Mellish

I know people love the Vapman, is it more of a smooth or a heavy hitter?

Combo?

I'm still learning to the extent that results are not fully predictable for me yet. @Mojo suggested running the flame around the bottom of the bowl, where it is thinner material (rather than focusing on the bottom tip). This is speeding up the process and getting me consistently brown leftovers.

I've had a few sessions that astonished me with their strength...two where I considered doing a second session and realized that I really didn't want or need to go any further.

In terms of "smooth," I find the Vapman vapor easier to tolerate if it gets harsh. By this I mean that I can halt or quickly end a harsh cough on the VM that would send me into a coughing jag on the PnP or MFLB. Not sure why but it has proven to be true over and over.

Last edited:

Mr Mellish

Exactly what I like about the Vapman for me is that the results are very predictable every time. Nearly more predictable than any vape I have used. I do the exact same ritual and count every single time and get the same great results. Also, I only heat the center point.

I don't think it's the Vapman... It's me. At least part of it seems to be my torch falling out of adjustment and time constraints pushing me to just go for it, rather than pausing to readjust. I do believe the design of the VM lends itself to being highly repeatable.

Mr Mellish,
Reactions: steama

Musicslv

Has anyone had the gold plate start flaking off due to heat (Id assume) I mean, one thing that keeps me from pushing the temps is my fear of losing the pretty gold. I use a small one flame torch... And while I cant say I've gotten combustion, like I have in my MFLB, I have seen a few charred bits. This is probably due to the lack of oxygen in the chamber, good design!

Musicslv,

OF

Thank you @OF I ordered 3 of them, as you suggested. Now I can have them in different places. I ordered from Randy @PuffItUp The FC discount made me do it. :tup:

Great. You're welcome, of course, good call on the Murphy blocking buy of more than one.

I've never felt bad giving any of my money to Randy, he's a great guy and provides great service to the community. I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing him well......I've still got money left.....

OF

Mr Mellish

Have you tried warming your torch in your hand or under your arm? That can make them perform better (but smell worse, haha). Just a thought.

Honestly wouldn't have thought of that in a millennia.

Thanks to @M0J0 post about toasting the herbs to a (mildly) burnt taste. I have been taking my Vapman there and can report greater 'effect' per load also. The ABV looks like dark coffee grounds but not black. The Vapman is very versatile in what it can do as a vape. I can't think of many vapes that can do this sort of vaping without combustion. The Vapman is so nice when you learn to flex it's muscle.

Agreed that it's very versatile. And the design does seem to effectively battle accidental combustion. I've had several instances where I was convinced I had combusted but the ABV (and the lack of a horrendous burnt smell) proved otherwise. I guess it's just that I've never seen clouds like that with the MFLB.

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
Thanks to @M0J0 post about toasting the herbs to a (mildly) burnt taste. I have been taking my Vapman there and can report greater 'effect' per load also. The ABV looks like dark coffee grounds but not black. The Vapman is very versatile in what it can do as a vape. I can't think of many vapes that can do this sort of vaping without combustion. The Vapman is so nice when you learn to flex it's muscle.

You're welcome Steama. It makes me happy to help!

Here's something else I noticed and a friend of mine (Mr. Mellish) confirmed it:

Instead of holding the flame to the tip if the bowl, try moving it in circles by touching it right next to the tip.

The logic being that there is a solid rod at that tip that needs to heat up but the cone next to it is thin and heats up faster and more uniformly.

Doing this reduces the heating time and gives a bit more control. Be carful not to hit it as long as when you kept it at the tip and of burning the inside of the wooden ring more than necessary.

The more you use the Vapman, the more you love it, right?

Hope this helps others. :)

Last edited:

OF

Jut got my vapman mica version thanks to Randy! So small!!! Cant wait to test it out! @OF where can i find the serial numbers?

But seriously, this thing is gorgeous! Im ordering a second one before I've even tried it?

It's Swiss, the numbers are too tiny to read without the secret decoder.

Very clever of them, really. Otherwise we'd be obsessing over which exact pear tree the wood came from?

I own two as well. I suggest you check out the factory site, I went with the unfinished (no mica either) version. It came nicely sanded but needed some Linseed oil to finish it off. The mica is nice, but IMO not necessary (especially for a back up unit).

The other big reason to go to the factory site is replacement parts. The wood piece above the oven (the one the MP fits, the one with the 3 vent holes) chars against the floating metal screen, I got spares of both those parts. You can also buy exotic wood stems (like Hawthorne of all things).

Prices were good, shipping fast and cheap.

OF

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I already threw a walnut stem in there, as it was the shortest one i had not already in a box.

So air flows through the hollow tubes? If mica chips, and mica particles go in the tubes, am i trippin?

Last edited:

OF

So air flows through the hollow tubes? If mica chips, and mica particles go in the tubes, am i trippin?

Yup. For the most part, that's how the air for the hit gets in. You can see light through them one at a time if you hold the unit at the right angle.

No issues with mica I know either. It's long been used for such duty (even to make 'widows' into fire boxes on furnaces). Peek into a toaster sometime.......

OF

OF

Beat me to it^

Round two with the new best friend!

Trust me on this: Unless you put that sucker down you're never going to catch up.......

A third round will just put your further behind, although it might not seem too important to you at that point?

FWIW I wouldn't worry so much about the reloads while trying to be covert in public, the torch you're waving around will get folks to back off some anyway.

OF

OF

It's just fun to play with and admire as you get really high.

You say that like it's a bad thing........ It's to goal for many of us, the journey for others.

The lucky ones, that is.

One thing sure, it's a deceptive little guy. It would be very easy to pass by if you didn't know?

OF

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
I am starting to notice little things about the way my Vapman works. I enjoy consistency and find most things go better with a little. So my rituals tend toward repetition a bit. For me the Vapman shines with this type of thinking. Just today I noticed that when drawing from a fresh load I feel the greatest resistance and when the load is cached there is a great easing in the resistance. This may also have something to do with two of my three holes being plugged. I can easily feel changes in draw pressure that the load is finished and spent. Very impressive for this little but powerful tool.

steama, I agree with you so much. It's like we'll never finish learning how to tweak the Vapman and get even more pleasure out of it.

I also just Love the ritual of using it. It is Not like some other vapes that feel like just sucking on a milk shake.

Like you said, noticing the little things like the temp and taste at the tip of my tongue tells me a Lot about what's happening inside the bowl as I go. – I used to open it and peek in there, which would lower the temp and be almost like starting over. Now, I don't even look into the bowl until I'm done. :)

For those who also own the MFLB, I noticed that I have to draw harder on the Vapman than on the LB. I had to draw super soft on the MFLB so I wouldn't cool the trench, but I draw harder on the Vapman, especially after I plugged all three holes.

I wasn't getting good results when I was drawing softly at first.

Now I gauge my drawing speed/pressure by the temp and taste on the tip of my tongue – I adjust on the fly as I'm drawing...

Oh! I also tap the side of the wooden ring (flick it) to shake the contents between each torching because I noticed that the herb would get darker around the outside edge than towards the middle. You can open it and use one of the metal rods of the mouthpiece, but stuff tends to jump out if you do it that way. – And remember not to load it to tight.

So many good post with such good info here! The guys on this thread have made it so much faster and easier to learn to use the Vapman at its highest efficiency.

Thanks guys and gals!

Oh, and I also own two pure Vapman. It's like we want to make sure we have a backup, right!? Haha.

Top Bottom