Vapman

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Without looking at it I'm sure I've seen than vid. You are right Spiral ...

Looks like a rather in-depth process and a pretty small production/work force.
But its still over priced IMO.

:peace:

vaporcloud,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Ehhh, I dunno man, I think each vaporizer caters to certain needs and disires. People pay ridiculous amounts for the Volcano and they aren't complaining. Some people like to drive a Porsche. :2c:

I think a lot of Vapman users feel the same way. I for one, appreciate the wood aesthetics and unique craftsmanship that goes into a product like this, plus the method of operation is more involving, and to me, would be more enjoyable. Some people like to drive a manual. ;)

stickstones

Vapor concierge
buddhaholic420 said:
Way to over priced. The i-inhale is the next gen vape to get. Screw vapman.
Are you sure about that?

buddhaholic420 said:
Yeah man. Mine has officially busted. :( Well it works, but the damn thing does not turn on when it hisses after the first one. I have to basically click the piezo button each time I hear the hiss. I am going to have to send it to I-inhale. I believe this is due to getting it wet during cleaning. I have had to clean the actual unit because I got hash melted through the screen and pin which got the whole thing dirty. I checked the manual and it does not state any kind of warning about water so hopefully I don't get into it with them over this. I will let you guys know how it turns out. A little tip for all. Avoid any hash in this device unless you want a mission cleaning the mouthpiece and screens.

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I got one in the mail today !!! nice vap , great air flow !!!! I'll mess with it during the week , and of course review it

Clear_Dome,

max

Out to lunch
buddhaholic420 said:
The I-inhale won't work on those frigid days on the snow slopes. Even if it proves to have long term reliability, it has its limitations. The Vapman has its place in the market.

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Clear_Dome said:
I got one in the mail today !!! nice vap , great air flow !!!! I'll mess with it during the week , and of course review it
Go CD ... you just couldn't help yourself could you :D

vaporcloud,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
stickstones said:
buddhaholic420 said:
Are you sure about that?

buddhaholic420 said:
Yeah man. Mine has officially busted. :( Well it works, but the damn thing does not turn on when it hisses after the first one. I have to basically click the piezo button each time I hear the hiss. I am going to have to send it to I-inhale. I believe this is due to getting it wet during cleaning. I have had to clean the actual unit because I got hash melted through the screen and pin which got the whole thing dirty. I checked the manual and it does not state any kind of warning about water so hopefully I don't get into it with them over this. I will let you guys know how it turns out. A little tip for all. Avoid any hash in this device unless you want a mission cleaning the mouthpiece and screens.
Well I did get it wet. They do not indicate it in the manual, but I don't think either can get wet. Especially the vapman's wood. It might get water logged. Also for the person that said the I-inhale will not work in cold weather on the slopes. Why not? I understand butane freezes easily, but the vapman also used butane torch lighter so what was your point. I think either would work in cold weather as long as you warm them up in your hands to get the butane flowing in each respective device i.e. Vapman torch lighter or I-inhale.

buddhaholic420,

max

Out to lunch
Don't know why you'd expose either of these vapes to water. Although I don't think the Vapman getting water logged would be an issue. There's certainly no reason to let it sit in water long enough for that to hapen. As for the I-inhale not being a good cold weather vape, I've had problems in the car (wasn't even below freezing), so it doesn't get high marks from me as a cold weather vape. You definitely need to keep it warm. As for the Vapman using butane, a butane torch works in much colder weather than I've seen the I-inhale tolerate.

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hum ... I have to say that mine work well each morning and each night directly outside at -30celcus ...yesterday I went to ice fishing and had no probleme with vaporizing at cold temp , did you let it your car max ? maybe the butane had freeze if you let it in your car for to long ....but to come back to the vapman ...wow man it do the job !!! small efficient and had never burn with it for now and it seem hard to burn the herb inside but you can get it super brun fully vaporized !! love it

Clear_Dome,

max

Out to lunch
I don't know CD. It had been sitting in the car but it wasn't below freezing, let alone -30. My butane performance hasn't been rock solid with the inhale. Something wrong with it? :shrug: If there is, that doesn't say much for reliability. I'd say the jury is still out on this vape, as well as the customer support.

Anyway, back on topic. :/

max,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
haha man I would say vapman is tha shit !!!! really really nice poket vap , really efficient and can make serious fog , almost like smoke ....I prefer the vapman over the genie , but as the price is not in the same range it's not fair to compar them ...

something weird , there is 3 hole on the side of the mouth piece ? why ? if I bloc them I'm able to get super cloud without burner any herb ..I'll have to ask to vapman why cause I found it work better with no hole

bongoman

Interesting you should mention the holes Clear Dome.

Another revew I read of the vapman also said that by blocking the mouthpiece holes, the Vapman performance was improved no end in that the vapor to air ratio was improved.

I better go try it now I think...

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
haha fun that we notice the same thing ...the vapor that I get by blocking the hole is almost like smoke each time I hope it to see if I have burn the herb inside but never ...
this is to give you an idea about the size of the unit :

I would like to show you how the bowl is fully vaporizer after some hit ,the herb is really uniformly brown but my cam batterie have died during I was taking this pix

Clear_Dome,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
That's cool CD. I'm looking forward to an official write-up from you, and maybe some high quality macros.... The Vapman looks awesome in my opinion.

SpiralArchitect,

bongoman

Clear Dome has unlocked the key that turns the Vapman from a reasonable vaporiser into a great vaporiser.

By blocking the holes, you get a more Purple Days type draw - a more intense stream of vapor rather than the airy one that the Vapman delivers with the holes unblocked.

It's a strange design decision to put three intake holes above the bowl as it totally weakens the vapor-air ratio. And yet everything about the Vapman is so thought out and it is clear so much work has gone into the design and manufacture of the unit, so it's puzzling that the makers alllowed for so much air to enter the vapor path at that point in the stream.

The optimal place for air to come through is the three hollow legs of the copper/gold bowl as it then passes through the herb. But because they are so narrow, the airflow is pretty restricted and it is essential to then keep the hollow tubes clean and free of residue.

I'm now thinking of permanently blocking 2 of the 3 holes and just using the third to throttle air flow as I need to. I'm not sure of a suitable method to block them that is safe. Maybe a drop of food-safe glue? Or maybe just some tape.

bongoman,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Perhaps a small metal pin? Maybe take it to the Hardware store and see if you can find anything? I wouldn't use glue or tape, especially near high temps.

SpiralArchitect,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
I guess everyone has their own opinions on vapes for what they need. I have to admit that I love the way the vapman looked and felt, but I did not like the work it took to operate and maintain the temp. I followed their directions to the tee, but felt like I was wasting it. I live in Miami so cold weather does not bother me, but know people up north in Canada that got it from my recommendation and they love it. The other thing that I did not like about the vapman is it's not very stealthy. It's kind of crack headish because of the wooosh of the torch. I went fishing on a charter boat yesterday and my lady and me were vaping with people not knowing what we were doing. I loved the vapman for the little time I had it, but when something like the I-inhale came along I was hooked.

buddhaholic420,

Rmpl Stltskn

Here's my collection of random notes about the Vapman, my favorite portable.
I've had one for over a year now and I'm pretty happy with it. I had the VaporGenie for about a year before that, but it has now been relegated to tobacco use. I've also owned the Vapir Oxygen Mini (which I would NOT recommend due to plastic fumes and a crappy battery pack) and the I-Inhale (which I like!). I also have the semi-portable original Vapir with the battery pack, but I wouldn't recommend this either.

About the 3 holes in the mouthpiece: I think they're just to mix in cool air so you don't dry your throat, and so you don't have to pull so slow. Covering them with my fingers does produce a more dense cloud.

The usage video on the Vapman site is very helpful, but here's my modification:
I count 4 for the first heat blast, pause for 2, then heat for another 4-5 seconds until I see a wisp of vapor from the mouthpiece. This requires the right lighting (looking into darkness with light behind you), and only works for the first pull, but a little practice to get the timing of your particular torch down, and I can now do it by counting if the lighting is not ideal.

I use the Prince PT-4000 torch. I think it's made by Blazer and sold under their brand name also. I've had many other torch lighters that all died within a few months, but the Prince is still solid after > 18 months of use. Not cheap, but well worth it.

Compared to the II:
I've had my I-Inhale for about a week. It seems less efficient than the Vapman. Spent herb is not as brown, and it seems to take a couple minutes of pulling to get the full effect. With one dense pull from the Vapman, I'm ready to go. On the positive side, the II will never burn your material. The II is great, but so far prefer the Vapman by just a bit.

Vapman Cons:
In its travel pod it's smaller than it looks on the website, but still a bit big/round to go unnoticed in a small pants pocket.
It's possible to burn your material until you get the timing down for whatever torch you use.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rmpl Stltskn

Hey stickstones. Almost all of my vaping is done at home, but all I have are portables.
I was ready to buy a Vaporfection Stealth II last week, but the company seems to be having some issues, change of ownership or something. They only have white Stealth IIs, they're not answering email, and the phone number on their site is disconnected. The Stealth II is still available at a few places, and I've only heard good things about the company, but I'm worried now about their ability to stand behind their product. I think I'll wait and see what happens, and stick with my vapman for now.
:peace: Rnpl

Rmpl Stltskn,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I have an Extreme and a Purple Days, and I highly recommend them both, depending on the needs/wants of the user.

stickstones,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
My Vapman just came in.... I successfully vaped a few bowls (and burnt one, bad). The unit is extremely aesthetically pleasing, and much smaller than I anticipated. I'm gonna have to score a better jet lighter (using my Bernzomatic right now) for taking this puppy on the road. I'll report back on how it works into my arsenal in a few days/weeks. :peace:

SpiralArchitect,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
So I'm looking around for a torch lighter -- all mine have been collecting dust and are kaput -- what do people think of this one?

http://www.bugstores.com/shop/lighters.php?product=BSL136

If I don't get any yes/no's over the weekend I'm going to put in an order. It has a large reservoir, with see-thru walls, and is available in a variety of colors. Good price too. :)

Edit/// I know ya fuckers like pictures! Here are some.... that last picture is a bowl fully vaped -- dark brown, no combustion. A bit on the darker side. :lol: This thing has been a joy to use tonight.... :ko:

:peace:

Top Bottom