Vapman

Philreal187

Yesterday I went to use my vapman and the flame was a lot shorter and fatter than the normal flame. It looked as if the internal blue flame that I point to the pan wasn't there. I only had the lighter since December and it still ignites every click, I'm hoping it can be saved.

I tried adjusting the bottom dial but only made the same flame larger, still not the normal caracteristics for this lighter.

I also purged all the butane out once I realized it must be something more.

Does anyone have any trouble shooting advice I could try? I really know nothing about torch lighters so I wasn't gonna to just open it up unless I had some kind of guidance.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I'm just taking this as a sign to have a back up vapman torch..

vapman

Manufacturer
I found that fuzzy flames have something to do with the surface of the nozzle. I had this a few times and succeeded often by blowing very hard into the side slots and in the front to remove any dust or small fibres and by scratching off the oxides on the nozzle with a flat screwdriver. Fiddling around on the surface seems to help, the flame seems to be very sensitive to the structure of the surrounding surface and to any bit of tiny dust. I recommend to carry the lighter in a clean plastic bag when traveling, the less dust and fibres the better. I hope you get it going again!:)

vapman

UnshavenFish

Yesterday I went to use my vapman and the flame was a lot shorter and fatter than the normal flame. It looked as if the internal blue flame that I point to the pan wasn't there. I only had the lighter since December and it still ignites every click, I'm hoping it can be saved.

I tried adjusting the bottom dial but only made the same flame larger, still not the normal caracteristics for this lighter.

I also purged all the butane out once I realized it must be something more.

Does anyone have any trouble shooting advice I could try? I really know nothing about torch lighters so I wasn't gonna to just open it up unless I had some kind of guidance.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I'm just taking this as a sign to have a back up vapman torch..

I had the exact same thing happen this week, and was worried that it was because I had taken mine apart to replace parts.

As usual @vapman is spot on with his advice, all it took to get mine working like new again was to scrape the nozzle, I used my SSV pick to scrape and then poke the point and twist it in the air holes (the pick point is fatter than the holes so only goes in slightly) around the bigger middle hole (just doing the middle hole made no difference so I think it was more the air holes around it that helped here)

On a side note I got my screens, and wow :o very very happy

Got them here
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vapman-Concentrate-Sieve-Screen-x3-for-Vapman-Vaporizer-/261957262016

Ordered on the Monday and in my hand on Wednesday, great stuff.

I did find my middle section got darker either from resin or too much heat (could have been heat as the screens have been tested lots:science:)

So after seeing all of M0J0's amazing work :bowdown: I thought I would give it a try on my middle section....

You know how sometimes you have a loose thread and give it a little pull, then think we'll maybe just another pull :rolleyes:

So I now have a fully charred Vapman Classic, it's not perfect as I didn't remove the screen or clips so still need a little work but I'm quite happy with it for now, will post a pic when I get a chance.

Philreal187

Perfect thank you @vapman that did the trick. I had a can of compressed air just hit it with a few blast and it fired right up perfectly. Just got to fine tune the dail back to its default setting from which I never had to touch for over 7 months of use.

I carry the vapman with me at work so the lighter is often in my pocket. I'm sure its from that, I'll have to get some type of case to preserve the longevity of this lighter.

The vapman is up and going again now I can sleep much better tonight!!

I appreciate help thanks @vapman

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
I gave my Vapman a good cleaning and vapor is just pouring out of this thing!!!
I can medicate just perfectly with this.

BTW @OF I received my two torches you recommended. One of them gave out the first day. The igniter switch broke after about 20 or so clicks. The second one is working great so far. I think the best thing about this torch is the angle at which the flame sits-which is perfect for the vapman. Everything else is pretty cheap. The tank itself has a yellow tint to it.(I know it's Chinese) Nonetheless the second torch is getting a lot of use. I'm using it over my Honest torch that came with my Lotus.

lemmeadem

Hey y'all, I'm just wondering what the general time was for delivery from Vapman himself? Ordered and shipped on the 28th coming to Australia, if that helps.

Seriously hoping customs aren't holding it or something. -.- I'm too keen for my new toy!

lemmeadem

That's m'jam. I've been reading up on how crazy efficient it is, as well. Bud's not cheap so if I can cut down and still get where I want to be, I'd be losing money without it. :p That's how I rationalized buying yet another vape. -.- Might even make a little shatter and try concentrates with the screen. By the sounds, that's the way to stone like The Stones and lose your mind in bliss. :E

Love how civilized this forum is. XD Thanks for the welcome, bro. Can't wait to actually get to the party. *refreshes tracking*

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
That's m'jam. I've been reading up on how crazy efficient it is, as well. Bud's not cheap so if I can cut down and still get where I want to be, I'd be losing money without it. :p That's how I rationalized buying yet another vape. -.- Might even make a little shatter and try concentrates with the screen. By the sounds, that's the way to stone like The Stones and lose your mind in bliss. :E

Love how civilized this forum is. XD Thanks for the welcome, bro. Can't wait to actually get to the party. *refreshes tracking*
Solventless extracts may be up your alley if you're unfamiliar/uncomfortable with solvent-based extractions (rather, solvent-based with high volatility like butane) and don't want to commit a lot of flower or hash at once.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/rosin-technique-easy-diy-solventless.17470/

lemmeadem

Solventless extracts may be up your alley if you're unfamiliar/uncomfortable with solvent-based extractions (rather, solvent-based with high volatility like butane) and don't want to commit a lot of flower or hash at once.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/rosin-technique-easy-diy-solventless.17470/

Thanks, man. :D I'm sticking to hashetone for now, though. It's very easy to make and I'd wager there wouldn't be as significant a loss of cannabinoids as there are doing the "Rosin Technique" - plus, I like a nice terp profile. :) Acetone seems to scrape just enough out for me.

Any issues with Swiss Post Tracking not updating? It's been floating around somewhere in the world since last Wednesday.

simpleasthcis

... As a box of ....
I gotta agree with the space god ^ n thanks for the link to the rossin pages :clap:
Acetone ? Sounds worse than butane IMO is it safe ?

Squish it than dish it
0zDOkr8.jpg

vapman

Manufacturer
Is it me or is this thread very international?

Yes, I think it is......but from here you're part of what makes it international to me......

How's that for Vapman Zen?

OF

:rofl:

What a great and funny conversation! Best laugh I had in while, thank you!

Which one of the two is more international? This is hilarious, almost psychedelic (vapman zen).

vapman:)

vapelander

Hello everyone! Greetings!
I love this forum and learned a lot so far. I would like to thank you all for your contribution! You made my first vapman days easier :love:
I made a small guide about repairing your vapman lighter if your piezo igniter(spark maker) is not working.
It was so sad and frustrating when my lighter stopped working even though i had a spare one :cuss:
So let's dig in:
We only need a cheap lighter with long stem to take the new piezo system from,the small screwdriver your vapman comes with and a pair of tweezers:
BGJ4btZ.jpg

Let's start by disassembling the vapman lighter.Take off the 4 screws securing the metal top part to the bottom plastic tank.You need to pull down the metal part a little bit in the front so the button can be released upwards:
oL3pyw7.jpg

Remove the button and the small metal part on the top of the piezo igniter then lift up the metal head part so you have access to remove the black tube that feeds your nozzle with butane. Make it like this:
7XIFixd.jpg

With your tweezers remove gently the black tube from bottom tank part.Then remove the piezo from the housing.Just be careful not to lose the black spacer that is under the piezo igniter,you need that.Then separate the metal head from the plastic tank just by pulling them apart. Now your lighter is in two pieces:
r7vyr2m.jpg

Pull the piezo system to remove the cable from the metal head(if it doesn't get out it's because the cable at the end is bend up so pull harder or make it straight if you want to be gentle).
Now we need to work on the cheap lighter to take out the new piezo system with it's long cable.It's the one we will use to replace the broken one.Very easy procedure depending on the lighter.And you also experience the fun of braking/taking apart stuff :p You just need one lighter with a slightly big cable so you can put it all back easier(barbeque/fireplace lighter).
Put the piezo igniters side by side to check that the full length of the new piezo system matches the original one(not the cable,the housing)and make adjustments if needed using spacers(the one i got has the same length):
ibGREe3.jpg

So now only the assembly is left.Get the wire of the piezo through the nozzle of the lighter and bend it down like the original one giving you the spark close to the center.Also be aware of the length of the metal end of the cable.In the blue wire it is very long as you can see above so i cut it because the spark was going to the metal head(housing):
B2sZmrH.jpg

Put the metal head on the bottom/tank part like in the picture underneath so you can put back the black tube carefully with your tweezers(it is the only important part for your safety,be sure that the black tube is fitted all the way in on both sides so you don't have the chance of leaking butane):
oE66ith.jpg

Put the metal head in place to the bottom part. Put the piezo igniter in it's housing. Fold your extra wire around if needed or if it's really big and you wanna do a professional repair cut it shorter.Now you need to make sure your spark is going in the right place.Look the lighter from the front side and make sure the metal part isn't to long and it is long enough to almost go to the center,you don't want it to be touching,just floating around the middle.You want the spark going in the center.You need to make sure you have fire before you put it all back and now it's the time.Use your tweezers to bend/move around your cable end until it works.
Now pull the metal head a little bit in front again so you can put back the button and don't forget the small metal part going on top of the piezo(without it you might be having problems):
Zpvew12.jpg

Put the four screws back and you are ready. That's it! Your vapman lighter is new again and ready for fun use :) ;)
Now i feel my vapman lighter is for a lifetime!:love: So get your broken lighter from drawer and give it a go.

The white piezo ingiter you see underneath is already repaired once and it's the original one.
The original piezo after a month of use just stopped clicking(making sound),i was pressing it to the end and nothing was happening. So i have a fix for that too.
You need to take apart your igniter(two parts)by pushing in the two small buttons on the sides and pulling it out the same time,probably with the help of a friend because it's difficult with only two hands. Now just replace the top part,the hammer part(on the picture underneath it is the black part) with one from another igniter. I don't really know if all igniters have interchangeable hammer parts but for me it worked with the first one i tried :
rw1UJw4.jpg

As you can see i found one with a round end and it worked just fine!
Of course it's easier to just replace the whole thing but you have the ability to fix a non clicking piezo also.
After that repair my lighter wasn't firing up every time because i couldn't pull the cable to go close to the center so i didn't have good spark every time.I had fire every two or three clicks and that's why you read this now. With the new piezo my lighter is working flawlessly! :tup: I just had to go and find a long cheap lighter.
Long live and vape on!! :rockon::peace:

Top Bottom